Hank Henshaw vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Hank gets his power rings and Thanos has his Reality gem. If Hank can beat Thanos, then he'll finally be allowed to die. If Thanos wins, then he finally gains the favor of Mistress Death. Both combatants know what is at stake. The only stipulation's are that Henshaw's consciousness must remain in his physical body at all times and Thanos doesn't have his chair.

JakeTheBank
Erm, Thanos with the Reality Gem is spite.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Erm, Thanos with the Reality Gem is spite.

Agreed; even a very favorable environment cant save Henshaw here...

cdtm
But isn't the RG hard to control? It's not like using a Cosmic Cube, right?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
But isn't the RG hard to control? It's not like using a Cosmic Cube, right?

When it's backed with the other gems, it's pretty beastly, yes, but by itself, a tool like the Hood was able to solo the Avengers more or less. And he was stated as being the least experienced IG wielder yet. And Thanos already knows how to use the gems to their full capability.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Couldn't Thanos take Henshaw without the gem anyways?

JakeTheBank
Yeah, I'd think he would in normal circumstances, but it depends on the locale and if Thanos is packing any tech on him that could backfire.

TheLordofMurder
Yeah, I'd think he would in normal circumstances, but it depends on the locale and if Thanos is packing any tech on him that could backfire.

thumb up

Thanos, as well as most opponents, would be screwed if they faced Henshaw on planet Cybertron...

cdtm
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
thumb up

Thanos, as well as most opponents, would be screwed if they faced Henshaw on planet Cybertron...

lol.

Yeah, probably, unless we're talking "Primus Cybertron". GL Corps established Henshaw can have problems with sentient machines.

JakeTheBank
^ Which is kinda suspect considering he hacked part of the damn Source Wall and a motherbox before.

Nihilist
^ Which is kinda suspect considering he hacked part of the damn Source Wall and a motherbox before. A few questions for you jake.

Didnt Hank hack the source wall over period of time?
Did Hank have direct contant with the motherbox when he hacked it?

BattleMage
Thanos hands down!

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nihilist
A few questions for you jake.

Didnt Hank hack the source wall over period of time?
Did Hank have direct contant with the motherbox when he hacked it?

1. Yes, he did. It's a massive feat regardless.
2. Yes, he did, and he was able to fool everyone including Highfather and Superman that he was dead.

Basically, I chalk up Hank having trouble with Boodika - whom he ultimately messed up big time when he broke free of her - as a low showing in comparison to his feats as a whole.

Omega Vision
recent writers have completely dropped the ball on Hank.

Not just powers, his personality has been savaged. I mean WTF? He's afraid when he thinks Doomsday is going to kill him?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Not just powers, his personality has been savaged. I mean WTF? He's afraid when he thinks Doomsday is going to kill him? I think that was just plot to keep him pushing, later in the Doomslayer ship he was about to just wait for teh 4 DDs to arrive that he can get killed that's why Supes pulled that thing out of his chest.

Sr J-Bieb
Thanos uses the reality gem to create a hand that tears Hank's power node out

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Not just powers, his personality has been savaged. I mean WTF? He's afraid when he thinks Doomsday is going to kill him? I think maybe his hatred for Superman overrode his desire for permanent death. Or maybe he had just resigned himself to being immortal and when he confronted his imminent murder (which caught him off-guard), he instinctively felt a sense of panic he hasn't felt in a long time.

I've got more issue with his random on and off durability.

JakeTheBank
I agree with both OV and ODG; Hank's been pretty inconsistent post SCW.

Cogito
Henshaw asks Thanos to kill him.

Thanos does.

guy222
thanos

Brockalizer
thumb up

Tyrant could do it.

quanchi112
Thanos stomps.

cdtm
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Tyrant could do it.

Tyrants mechanical, right? Artificial?

..could Henshaw possess him? Like Jake mentioned, he's done a Mother Box and the Source Wall...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by cdtm
Tyrants mechanical, right? Artificial?

..could Henshaw possess him? Like Jake mentioned, he's done a Mother Box and the Source Wall...

Gut is telling me that DP Tyrant is a more powerful technopath (Tyrant did turn Galactus's tech against him) than Henshaw; Henshaw is only High Herald afterall...

Harbinger
^ Just because someone's lower in terms of overall power doesn't mean that they're inferior in every single aspect of said overall power. For example, just because Flash is lower on the totem pole than, say, Thanos, doesn't mean that Flash is also slower than the Titan.

Same dynamic applies here: just because Henshaw is a HH and Tyrant's trans doesn't mean that Henshaw's technopathy is automatically inferior. In fact, given what he's done (him hacking the Source Wall is probably his best technopathy feat), you could make a damn good argument that Henshaw's technopathy > Tyrant's.

As for the thread, though, Henshaw loses. Even with rings, he'd struggle with Thanos with no gem. Giving Thanos the reality gem pretty much means that Hank is going to lose.

TheLordofMurder
@Harbinger...

DP Tyrant only got the "ranking" of Trans because, when the tierings were created here at KMC, everyone greater than Surfer and inferior to Odin got grouped together as Trans...

In other words legit Low to Mid Skyfather types were unfairly labeled as Trans even though they are clearly beyond a true Trans Tier character...

DP Tyrant was victim to this mis-label; he is a bonafide Skyfather level character at the very least...

As pertains the technopathy, you are correct; Tyrant tiering higher than Henshaw doesnt automatically mean that he is superior to Henshaw in this area...

That said, I truly believe that Tyrant is the superior technopath as Tyrant was able to take over Galactus's tech immediately in the direct presense of the Big-G...

And unlike Henshaws feat, there was no wait time involved at all...

Besides, in my honest opinion, Henshaw would not be able to duplicate Tyrants feat, while Tyrant should be able to duplicate Henshaws feat...but get the job done faster.

Of course, this is just opinion as we will never really know...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Harbinger
^ Just because someone's lower in terms of overall power doesn't mean that they're inferior in every single aspect of said overall power. For example, just because Flash is lower on the totem pole than, say, Thanos, doesn't mean that Flash is also slower than the Titan.

Same dynamic applies here: just because Henshaw is a HH and Tyrant's trans doesn't mean that Henshaw's technopathy is automatically inferior. In fact, given what he's done (him hacking the Source Wall is probably his best technopathy feat), you could make a damn good argument that Henshaw's technopathy > Tyrant's.

As for the thread, though, Henshaw loses. Even with rings, he'd struggle with Thanos with no gem. Giving Thanos the reality gem pretty much means that Hank is going to lose. Henshaw's been overpowered at technopathy by a doomsday clone.

Harbinger
@Harbinger...

DP Tyrant only got the "ranking" of Trans because, when the tierings were created here at KMC, everyone greater than Surfer and inferior to Odin got grouped together as Trans...

In other words legit Low to Mid Skyfather types were unfairly labeled as Trans even though they are clearly beyond a true Trans Tier character...

DP Tyrant was victim to this mis-label; he is a bonafide Skyfather level character at the very least...

As pertains the technopathy, you are correct; Tyrant tiering higher than Henshaw doesnt automatically mean that he is superior to Henshaw in this area...

That said, I truly believe that Tyrant is the superior technopath as Tyrant was able to take over Galactus's tech immediately in the direct presense of the Big-G...

And unlike Henshaws feat, there was no wait time involved at all...

Besides, in my honest opinion, Henshaw would not be able to duplicate Tyrants feat, while Tyrant should be able to duplicate Henshaws feat...but get the job done faster.

Of course, this is just opinion as we will never really know...

I only mentioned trans because that's where Tyrant's is placed on the board's tier list, not because I think that's what he actually is. I would agree that Tyrant's a skyfather-level character.

Beyond that, you're right; we'll never really know who's technopathy is superior. Tyrant seemed damn adept at it, but it's a bit hard to gauge him given his (lack of) appearances as compared to Hank.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.