Sephiroth in Elder Scrollsverse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
How far up the charts would he be?

I like the ESU more than the FF7verse, but how would they deal with his speed? (Barring the powerful reality warpers and what not, in which case its just obvious.)

MooCowofJustice
Paralyze potions and Burden spells?

CosmicComet
How would they use the potions and spells on him in the first place? Do they have the speed to do it?

MooCowofJustice
I'd imagine more along the lines of a swarm tactic from mortal heroes of the verse, after he probably slaughters an entire city's worth of people.

And I dunno, but for whatever reason, poison still seems to affect me even when I block. So meh.

Nephthys
They have the Boots of Blinding Speed. So fast it makes people go blind. awecraz

CosmicComet
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/thumbsupdur.gif

ScreamPaste
In seriousness, if the things NemeBro's told me are true, there are many characters in ES that could annihilate Sephiroth, without even counting the top tiers like Sithis.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
They have the Boots of Blinding Speed. So fast it makes people go blind. awecraz

Good thing he is so ninja he doesn't need eyes. 313

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
In seriousness, if the things NemeBro's told me are true, there are many characters in ES that could annihilate Sephiroth, without even counting the top tiers like Sithis.

Nah ah

Level scaling ensures that Sephiroth is on par with the strongest of foes in Elder Scrolls ermmvin

NemeBro
Normal mages in the Elder Scrolls are capable of feats such as deleting you from existence via proving you do not exist... MATHEMATICALLY.

Any "god" could crush Sephiroth easily, from the Tribunal to Sithis. The Tribunal, perhaps the weakest deities in the setting, would harharharcrush Sephiroth. Vivec alone and with but a gesture was capable of stopping a moon sent by Sheogorath from destroying the city of Vivec, and Oblivion proves not only does the moon destroy city of Vivec when it falls, but most of Vvardenfell as well. Vivec also has demonstrated potent reality warping, flooding the entire country of Morrowind while simultaneously granting the Dunmer the ability to breathe water.

This is a low tier god in Elder Scrolls. Daedra and Aedra are far more powerful, and Sithis is more powerful than all the Daedra and Aedra put together.

I noticed some using gameplay.

Using gameplay, in Morrowind it is completely possible to give your character the strength to backpack over a trillion tons, cross the province of Vvardenfell in about three seconds (VERY hypersonic, in other words), and leap from one end of the island to the other.

While Sephiroth would obviously be stronger than the average citizen, a powerful enough mage, such as Mannimarco (Daggerfall) would crush him with their reality warping might, and would argue powerful enough warriors could crush him too. Then of course there are powerful artifacts that would make Sephiroth look trivial as well.

Stuff.

CosmicComet
For the more powerful reality warpers like the daedras, speed isn't going to be important for them to get off their reality warpingness as there is nothing Seph can do to stop them before they make their move.

But for Vivec? I'm not sure. Is he going to be able to keep up with Seph before he begins his offense?

NemeBro
Originally posted by CosmicComet
For the more powerful reality warpers like the daedras, speed isn't going to be important for them to get off their reality warpingness as there is nothing Seph can do to stop them before they make their move.

But for Vivec? I'm not sure. Is he going to be able to keep up with Seph before he begins his offense? Well, Vivec as seen in Morrowind may be beatable by Sephiroth, possibly, seeing as he is massively drained by then.

But even then, with his power waning, he was capable of confining Dagoth Ur and his bullshit to Red Mountain with the Ghostfence, powered by his own godlike energies at all times. Dagoth Ur who was able to best and drive off the combined might of the Tribunal, being stronger than all three. So it is not unlikely that he could protect himself or seal Sephiroth in one place.

Would argue his durability would be pretty up there too, all the Tribunal are. Sotha Sil and Almalexia capable of besting an avatar of Mehrunes Dagon, who destroyed Mournhold when some jerkface summoned him. And of course, Vivec is still technically immortal while the Heart of Lorkhan beats. At least, lore Vivec is, Morrowind Vivec is a different story.

CosmicComet
Vivec's supposed hermaphrodite status may lend an aid here as well.

NemeBro
Vivec's supposed hermaphrodite status may lend an aid here as well. Will they compare swords, as Vivec and Molag Bol compared spears. big grin

Although the hermaphrodite thing and ****ing Molag Bol is probably not actually true.

Vivec is famously a liar, I trust nothing from his sermons, except one thing: That the text implies that Vivec, Sotha Sil, and Almalexia DID in fact kill Nerevar.

CosmicComet
Vivec was a glorious bastard alright.

And Molag Bol does not get ****ed. He does the ****ing. It's Molag ****ing Bol mang.

NemeBro
I dunno.

He was kind of a douchebag.

I kinda prefer Dagoth Ur.

CosmicComet
Dagoth Ur was charming.

I didn't really want to fight him after the lovely chat you have with him.

NemeBro
Inorite?

Both he and his followers are much more pleasant and polite than ****ing Vivec and Almalexia were.

CosmicComet
don't like his followers. they creeped me out.

carved out eyes and what not.

NemeBro
BUT AT LEAST THEY WERE CHARMING ABOUT IT.

Nephthys
Plus at least Dagoth wasn't a dirty hypocrite. 'We need to stop the Dwemer from creating a new God!' 5 mins later 'Oh sweet, lets all become Gods!'

He was tasked with guarding the tools dammit and he'll do that any way he can!

Though Vivec was always polite too me. :O

CosmicComet
Being polite is the least he could do for turning your woman against you and killing you with her help, and since you are in the position to save Morrowind and he isn't.

Nephthys
Its only implied he killed Nerevar.

Unless I'm in for a surprise later in the game when he pulls that on me somehow.

NemeBro
It is strongly implied he is.

Oddly enough, Vivec's sermons is both among the most dishonest pieces of literature in Morrowind, and among the most honest.

Dishonest in that Vivec was obviously trying to make himself out to be much more omnipotent than he really is.

Honest in that he implies with it he did kill Nerevar, as if admitting it out of guilt.

Dagoth Ur was insane, yes, but at least his cause was noble, he wanted to bring down the Empire which basically forcefully annexed them. Vivec allowed this to happen because he feared upsetting Tiber Septum, who being one of the Divines, was a few levels higher on the cosmic ladder than he was.

Dagoth Ur was charming enough that, though you needed to kill him, he came across as a lot more sympathetic than Vivec, and definitely Almalexia. Is hard to tell where Sotha Sil falls into this.

And Vivec is a pompous ass.

"So did you kill me in my past life?"

"FFFFFFFFFFF I AM A GOD DO NOT QUESTION ME."

Burning thought
So is Sithis the most powerful being in Elder scrolls?

CosmicComet
I thought Jyggalag was?

Didn't all the rest of the Daedric Princes have to conspire against him or something?

Burning thought
I dont really understand what Sithis is, is he a Deadra or something? or is he another type of being?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Burning thought
So is Sithis the most powerful being in Elder scrolls? Yeah, Sithis/Padomay and Anu are the two most powerful beings in the Elder Scrolls, being opposites and equals, Chaos and Stasis, respectively.

CosmicComet
He seems like an abstract concept

NemeBro
I dont really understand what Sithis is, is he a Deadra or something? or is he another type of being? It is the primal force of Chaos.

All the Daedra had a basis in its power, they wield but small portions of its might.

Jyggalag is laughably insignifigant compared to Sithis.

NemeBro
He seems like an abstract concept In a way.

Sithis and Anu do have a will, however.

Sithis is the huge black nothingness that predates creation, and for some reason that has yet to be properly fleshed out, he desires the souls of the living, hence creating the Dark Brotherhood.

Burning thought
Interesting how a dark, underground cult are worshiping the most powerful being/beings in the universe while most of the other peoples are worshiping the minor deadra/aedra.

NemeBro
Interesting how a dark, underground cult are worshiping the most powerful being/beings in the universe while most of the other peoples are worshiping the minor deadra/aedra. Sithis is not really an appealing kind of thing to worship.

Also, Sithis has little power over that world, for it is created and embodied by Anu, his equal.

The Daedra and Aedra have demonstratable power in their, the Aedra less so.

Sithis' power over it is more limited.

Burning thought
So in overall power Anu/sithis are greater but the Daedra/Aedra have more practical presence and power in the universe?

NemeBro
So in overall power Anu/sithis are greater but the Daedra/Aedra have more practical presence and power in the universe? Well, Anu could kill all the Aedra and Daedra if it wanted to and end the existence it created if it so choosed.

But that would involve the primal force of Stasis to do something.

But inside Anu's domain, yes, the Daedra and Aedra have more effective power than Sithis. Outside of it though, Sithis is greater, particularly in the Void, which is Sithis.

Also, fun fact, the two moons you see in the sky are the remains of the corpse of Lorkhan, who essentially created Mundus, tricking the Aedra into helping him do so.

CosmicComet
Where do you read up on all this lore?

UESPwiki doesn't seem quite that detailed. It doesn't say much about Sithis and what not at all.

NemeBro
Where do you read up on all this lore?

UESPwiki doesn't seem quite that detailed. It doesn't say much about Sithis and what not at all. Uesp.net, the stuff I read inside the game, various sites, the occasional TV Tropes, etc...

I take my Elder Scrolls lore as srs bsns.

And actually, a decent amount can be taken from Sithis on uesp.net, if you know how to look.

For instance, Sithis is another name for Padomay (I prefer using the term Sithis because Sithis is much cooler), so any site that has either refers to Sithis.

Also, another fun fact, Anuiel, the totality of creation, is but an aspect of Anu. So an aspect of Anu is the totality of existence, with Sithis equalling Anu.

Stuff.

SHM
How far up the charts would he be?

I like the ESU more than the FF7verse, but how would they deal with his speed? (Barring the powerful reality warpers and what not, in which case its just obvious.)

In a scenario battle like this, Sephiroth could summon Meteor again(he absorbed the Black-Materia in FFVII), or spread the virus that killed the Cetra(Sephiroth's body is Jenova now) or Geostigma.
And even if they kill him, these things would continue to happen(dead never stopped him from doing anything), and he could come back later through Reunion.

You talk about his speed as if that's the only effective ability he have...
Did you know he can teleport, fly, turn intangible, make illusions, and other things?

*sigh*

Nothing against you, but I'm so tired of people assuming Sephiroth is only a super-soldier with a long sword. Maybe he was, before FFVII, but it's clear that he evolved beyond that, at the time FFVII started.

NemeBro
Originally posted by SHM
In a scenario battle like this, Sephiroth could summon Meteor again(he absorbed the Black-Materia in FFVII), or spread the virus that killed the Cetra(Sephiroth's body is Jenova now) or Geostigma.
And even if they kill him, these things would continue to happen(dead never stopped him from doing anything), and he could come back later through Reunion.

You talk about his speed as if that's the only effective ability he have...
Did you know he can teleport, fly, turn intangible, make illusions, and other things?

*sigh*

Nothing against you, but I'm so tired of people assuming Sephiroth is only a super-soldier with a long sword. Maybe he was, before FFVII, but it's clear that he evolved beyond that, at the time FFVII started. You did not answer the real question of the thread, aka, where would he be.

Also, he no longer has Meteor, he has a very small fraction of Jenova's body (Or rather he had it, in AC), and Geostigma took prep. smile

Oh, and if he died, he would die. It is the will of the Aedra that those that die in Mundus, have their souls sent to the Dreamsleeve to be recycled. Sephiroth cannot overpower the will of Akatosh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.