The Best Movies Of The Last Year ...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

master harmax
It's that time of the year again ... so here's a poll ... don't ask me why I havent included Ep.2 amongst the options ... in my humble opinion, although I DID watch it 4 times as a Star Wars fan, AND it did manage to get me into "escape into fantasy land" mode for 2 hours and 20 minutes, AND it had fantastic visual effects and sound ... still it doesnt merit a place, purely as a movie, in the same bracket as my other 4 choices ... my personal vote ? It was really hard to have to chose between The Two Towers, and Catch Me If You Can ... but I chose Catch Me If You Can ... simply because of Spielberg's direction ... he's my favourite movie director alive today ... he's an artist ... beyond being just a great movie director, and its like he's got his own stamp ... u can tell a Spielberg film straight off in the first two minutes ... he's got a unique style and signature that's beyond mastery ... it's artistry. Having said that, its not that I enjoyed The Two Towers any the less, or that I thought of it less as a picture in any way than Catch Me .... in fact, seeing it the first time ( although it was a bootleg copy ), was an experience I wont forget my whole life ... it was electrifying ... AND inspiring. It's gonna release in theatres here in about two weeks, and I'm gonna try to watch it many times. I just chose Catch Me .... because of my partiality to Spielberg's magic unique touch.

Enough of my rambling ! The poll is up, and votes are invited .... !

BackFire349
out off all those two towers, but i think one hour photo was the best of last year.

Obsessed
Only 3 votes...but still an overwhelming decision.

ToMacco
GANGS OF NEW YORK is the best out of those movies, so it had my vote.

But ROAD TO PERDITION and ABOUT SCHMIDT were better that GANGS.

Obsessed
Road to Perdition...most definitely.

finti
Not in this poll you did.

Two towers for sure
Rented Road to Perdition this weekend what a huge disappointment.
thumb down for that one. Biggest disappointment so far, I had such great expectations for this one but it really was a let down.

Gonna see Cattch me if you can either tonight or on wednesday

BackFire349
yeah i was disapointed with roads to perdition too. it was very very slow

finti
Gangs of New York, hmm ok flick great U2 tune and Daniel Day Lewis was awesome as always

Bad Boy
Only 4 films??????

finti
and AOTC aint a nominee eek! in a SW boardeek!

El_Mariachi
Two Towers is the best of the four

mah
the best movie last year was Spirited Away.
but out of those; Two Towers

Hurk
I havent seen any of those, but I liked Jason X and Halloween 8 the best

LanceWindu
Out of those I have only seen Minority Report.

So I had to vote for that, although if I had seen TTT I probably would have voted for that.

Darth Vicious
My pick is the Two Towers, i think Minority Report was higly overarted, same as Vanilla Sky, i did enjoyed Halloween 8, it was better than i thought.

Mujaffa
Gangs of New York did roll on the movies two weeks ago,didn't see it and Catch Me If You Can haven't been here.....so i could only say TTT, because minority report sucked...blink

master harmax
I clicked on the wrong option by mistake ... I meant to choose Catch Me ... but by an error of mouse, I clicked on Two Towers instead... :-(

finti
dont blame it on the mouse roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mujaffa
blame the person in controll..saddam hussein or george bush...

master harmax
Hey Ush ! Gimme some help here ! Change my vote puhlleeeaase ... from Two Towers, to Catch me if u can .... smile

BackFire349
its not the academy awards, calm down.

finti
well it is just as bad so..............

Bad Boy
I'll win an Acadamy Award someday!

master harmax
Dreams ... the stuff of unreality. ( Harmaxism no.7 )

finti
dreams can ome through from time to time

Lara
. !

finti
it is the truth, and dreams aint allways pleasant

Lara
thats true too! in fact I'm not even going to mention my dreams here, coz they are far too wierd and non of them are that pleasent. eek!

master harmax
One woman's unpleasant can be another man's pleasant. ( Harmaxism no.8 )

Lara
*raises one eyebrow in a skeptical manner* explain further at your liberty, if you will?

Corran
Please mark them as Certificate 18 and let us decide.

finti
big grin

Thomas H
TTT is the best last year!!

BOPRecruit 16
i voted for the two towers. some people thought the sequel wasn't great. but peter jackson is trying to make the trilogy more like one long movie divided into three parts. so, they don't waste much time recapping from the last movie. as in the books, lotr is supposed to one book. it had to be cut shorter even though tolkien wasn't too happy about it. well, the last comes out soon! yes! ^.~

master harmax
I'm back. ( Harmaxism No.9 )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.