New Genesis Vs. Asgard (New Gods Vs. Asgardians)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MF DELPH
All out war.

Marvel Asgardian combatants only for their side (i.e., only the Aesir, no bringing in people from the other 8 Worlds, only residents of Asgard).

Discuss.

JakeTheBank
Would Asgard include honorary/psuedo-Asgardians such as Beta Ray Bill or Thor Girl?

Harbinger
New Genesis has some damn good tech, and with guys like Infinity Man, Mister Miracle, Darkseid, etc., Asgard would have a hell of a time taking it. Big guns like Odin/Bor (if we're counting him here)/Thor are going to do damage, but overcoming Boom Tubes/Mother Boxes/etc.....not seeing it for a majority.

Omega Vision
If Asgard wins it will be because of Odin.

If Siege is anything to go on Asgard sans Odin would get rolled by New Genesis's military.

Edit: Why would Darkseid be here? This isn't the Fourth World vs Asgard.

quanchi112
New Genesis gets stomped.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Omega Vision

If Siege is anything to go on Asgard sans Odin would get rolled by New Genesis's military.

Edit: Why would Darkseid be here? This isn't the Fourth World vs Asgard. You're right. I'd mixed up Apokolips and New Genesis.

Would still take the New Gods here, though.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Harbinger
New Genesis has some damn good tech, and with guys like Infinity Man, Mister Miracle, Darkseid, etc., Asgard would have a hell of a time taking it. Big guns like Odin/Bor (if we're counting him here)/Thor are going to do damage, but overcoming Boom Tubes/Mother Boxes/etc.....not seeing it for a majority.

thumb up

Though maybe the Asgardians will get something new against Big G, that boosts their overall Battlepower. A Secret weapon or so. They also could use the Destroyer armor.

Except for the big guns.

How many Gods live in Asgard and how many on New Genesis?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Harbinger
You're right. I'd mixed up Apokolips and New Genesis.

Would still take the New Gods here, though. Based on ?

new gods

MF DELPH
b

cdtm
Does New Genesis get Highfather?

Not sure who else can stand against Odin.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by cdtm
Does New Genesis get Highfather?

Not sure who else can stand against Odin.

Takion should put up as good a fight as surtur

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Takion should put up as good a fight as surtur laughing out loud

cdtm
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud

Considering he's a conduit for The Source, he should.

cdtm
Wait a minute..

Metron took the complete Warlogog back from Hourman, didn't he?

Team New Genesis wins this.

quanchi112
Considering he's a conduit for The Source, he should. So what ? That doesn't mean anything as he isn't the Source or anywhere close to it. Odin drops him.

cdtm
So what ? That doesn't mean anything as he isn't the Source or anywhere close to it. Odin drops him.

No, he's not the source itself. But he's powerful enough to reverse its flow and polarity, which is a high cosmic level feat.

cdtm
Based on ?

Having the Worlogog.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I f*cking hate Bendis sometimes.

basilisk
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I f*cking hate Bendis sometimes. Tell me about it. Between that disaster and the alien ants with rayguns debacle I think the US military would have a good chance let alone the assembled New Gods.

Sin I AM
is Asgard still just some castle in Oklahoma

Omega Vision
Too bad we couldn't get Jack Kirby's opinion on this.
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I f*cking hate Bendis sometimes.
You mean there are times when you like him?

quanchi112
No, he's not the source itself. But he's powerful enough to reverse its flow and polarity, which is a high cosmic level feat. He died as the conduit of the Source and has no showings he can come anywhere near Odin in terms of all out power based on any showings.Originally posted by cdtm
Having the Worlogog. Who says that is included.

cdtm
Who says that is included.

The Worlogog is standard tech for Metron. As he claimed, it's how he easily traverses time and space.

And there's absolutely no reason to believe Metron no longer possesses it.

Wodenson
Originally posted by Sin I AM
is Asgard still just some castle in Oklahoma

Odin recently created a new planet and a new city for the Asgardians in FEAR ITSELF. It is a massive war world.

Brockalizer

Edit: Why would Darkseid be here? This isn't the Fourth World vs Asgard.
Good point

quanchi112
The Worlogog is standard tech for Metron. As he claimed, it's how he easily traverses time and space.

And there's absolutely no reason to believe Metron no longer possesses it. It isn't in character for Metron to use it. We've seen the new gods get eradicated and nowhere did anyone attempt to use this.

Brockalizer
I'd love to see Motherbox try to defeat the Destroyer armor, or Orion take a full force hammer shot to the dome from a pissed off Thor. I'm going with the Asgardians. Loki with the Norn stones would be difficult, but not impossible to handle. I think it's all going to come down to which Thor shows up. If it's normal Thor I'd giver the slight edge to the NG. If it's Blood rage Thor, or Rune King Thor the NG's are f*cked.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.