Justice League Dark Vs Dark Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
A: with prep
B: straight up battle.

Omega Vision
JLD have no feats because they haven't appeared yet.

Or do you want to use the current versions of the JLD chars?

Parmaniac
Without knowing anything of the JLD I'm pretty sure the team will take it.

Sin I AM
pretty sure a competant thor can solo DA

sounds spiteful to me

Prep-Man
Thor is not soling a team of Constantine (with prep), Zatanna, Enchantress, etc... Zatanna alone can give him a run for his money.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Omega Vision
JLD have no feats because they haven't appeared yet.

Or do you want to use the current versions of the JLD chars?

Yes, you can use the current incarnations.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Thor is not soling a team of Constantine (with prep), Zatanna, Enchantress, etc... Zatanna alone can give him a run for his money. she said he could solo dark avengers

Prep-Man
why would he be soloing dark avengers?

why would he be soloing dark avengers? shes saying they're weak. thor isnt in this fight

Q99
The Dark Avengers is Sentry, and some people in the meta range.

Justice League Dark has Deadman (take over one of the Dark Avengers!), Madame Xanadu (Morgan Le Fey's sister *and* Immortal), Shade the Changing Man (meta level), Enchantress (powerful sorceress), and Zatanna. And John.

They'll magic up some solution to Sentry then beat down the rest.

Originally posted by Q99
The Dark Avengers is Sentry, and some people in the meta range.

Justice League Dark has Deadman (take over one of the Dark Avengers!), Madame Xanadu (Morgan Le Fey's sister *and* Immortal), Shade the Changing Man (meta level), Enchantress (powerful sorceress), and Zatanna. And John.

They'll magic up some solution to Sentry then beat down the rest. well if he goes void, he might solo, but otherwise the JL really should crushe them

tkitna
JLD should win. Sentry can only do so much.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
shes saying they're weak. thor isnt in this fight

Wasn't Sentry on DA? Thor would have his hands full with him.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Wasn't Sentry on DA? Thor would have his hands full with him.

Only if it was Siege-Sentry/Void.

vansonbee
Originally posted by tkitna
JLD should win. Sentry can only do so much. Superspeed head pulling? Morgan styleOriginally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Only if it was Siege-Sentry/Void. Sometime I feel Sentry gotten weaken becoming voided out, super speed seem to be 1st to be diminished and other variety of skills

Prep-Man
Z would have to BFR Sentry. Or create a seriously powerful spell to take him down.

wildernesss
- dr strange couldn't incapacitate sentry/void in either new avengers or sentry's second mini. he was useless.
- dr doom tried to use magic on sentry. iron man informed doom that void would swiftly destroy him if he did.
- morgan couldn't destroy sentry/void through a combined
magic/time stream attack
- the norn stones loki used again void couldn't prevent void from destroying loki via molecular disintegration. nor could the norn stone magic prevent void from regenerating if bob reynolds had wished it.

in short, void/sentry has demonstrated massive resistance to magic. Siege Void wins this for the dark avengers in a close battle. New avengers second arc Void destroys JLD in a epic shit stomp to end all shit stomps.

Q99
I would say the combined JLD has more magic than any single one of those.

BlackZero30x
i read the whole Dark Avenger ongoing.....other then sentry they didn't do much.

im going JLD

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Q99
I would say the combined JLD has more magic than any single one of those.

Also the fact that the Norn Stones bit was from Siege (as far as I'm aware) and forum rules make it clear that Siegetry/Void is an entire separate entity than regular Sentry/Void.

Constantine with prep can be a beast though. He has a penchant for making bad things worse for himself by calling in a bigger evil shark to take care of the current evil shark.

There's also where he cheated during the God-thing saga by using a wish/spell powered by Yahweh/God/Presence/Source/etc. to turn Godthing back into Alec Holland.

And that's just Constantine. Zatanna is pretty powerful in her own right.

Uriel005
Is this Dark Avengers with Michael Pointer??

Q99
Pointer was Dark X-men.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Q99
Pointer was Dark X-men. oh yeah... stupid norman. Confusing me with your dirty shenanigans.

tkitna
Originally posted by wildernesss
- dr strange couldn't incapacitate sentry/void in either new avengers or sentry's second mini. he was useless.
- dr doom tried to use magic on sentry. iron man informed doom that void would swiftly destroy him if he did.
- morgan couldn't destroy sentry/void through a combined
magic/time stream attack
- the norn stones loki used again void couldn't prevent void from destroying loki via molecular disintegration. nor could the norn stone magic prevent void from regenerating if bob reynolds had wished it.

These are all valid points. Maybe i'm giving too much credit to the magicians here. A speedblitz could take several of the JLD's out. Hmm

JakeTheBank

He succeeded in his magic spell and was surprised that his spell effected Sentry as much as it did.

wildernesss
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He succeeded in his magic spell and was surprised that his spell effected Sentry as much as it did.

if by "succeeded" you mean he emotionally/mentally traumatized sentry into a step away from becoming void & destroying doom. ya, i guess he succeeded in almost getting destroyed. iron man basically saved doom's life; later, sentry pwned doom, didn't even need void.

JakeTheBank
if by "succeeded" you mean he emotionally/mentally traumatized sentry into a step away from becoming void & destroying doom. ya, i guess he succeeded in almost getting destroyed. iron man basically saved doom's life; later, sentry pwned doom, didn't even need void.

Iron Man didn't do shit except yell at Doom; his screaming that Sentry would kill him wasn't anything besides Tony being Tony. He didn't "save" Doom. At all.

A simple spell from Doom was enough to severely harm Sentry, as noted by Doom himself.

wildernesss
Iron Man didn't do shit except yell at Doom; his screaming that Sentry would kill him wasn't anything besides Tony being Tony. He didn't "save" Doom. At all.

A simple spell from Doom was enough to severely harm Sentry, as noted by Doom himself.

garden variety sentry ripped doom's mask & chest plate off with ease... easily penetrating doom's magical/technological defences; void would have sh!t stomped doom.

ya, doom "severely harmed" sentry into nearly becoming void & pwning him.

JakeTheBank
garden variety sentry ripped doom's mask & chest plate off with ease... easily penetrating doom's magical/technological defences; void would have sh!t stomped doom.

ya, he "severely harmed" sentry into nearly becoming void and/or regenerating from death/bfr until doom was destroyed.

He beat Doom in one of "garden variety" Sentry's redeeming moments when he wasn't dropping the ball.

And he did harm Sentry. Putting it in quotes and trying to downplay what Doom did with his simple spell doesn't change that he messed up Sentry more than he intended.

Case in point, Sentry's not immune to magic on his best day.

tkitna
He beat Doom in one of "garden variety" Sentry's redeeming moments when he wasn't dropping the ball.

And he did harm Sentry. Putting it in quotes and trying to downplay what Doom did with his simple spell doesn't change that he messed up Sentry more than he intended.

What are trying to get at? Yeah, Doom hurt Bob with a spell. Enough so that bad stuff was going to happen if Doom tried it again. Doom was wise enough not to try again.

If your point is that the spell hurt Bob then yes it did. Enough to put him down or even matter? Not on Victors best day. If Tony wasnt there, Doom more than likely dies.

Mindset
Lol at delusional Sentry fans.

tkitna
Your right. Doom had Bob on the ropes and at his mercey. How could anybody not come to that conclusion?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
Lol at delusional Sentry fans. thumb up

Mindset
Your right. Doom had Bob on the ropes and at his mercey. How could anybody not come to that conclusion? http://musicians4freedom.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/strawman1-500x411.jpg

tkitna
Yeah, brainless is about right.

Mindset
Took you awhile to come up with that one.

Busy fellating your Sentry doll?

Mindset
Btw, that was rhetorical.

Of course you were.

tkitna
Reaching now arent you? Surely you can come up with something better than that.

Mindset
Ah, the ol' "I don't have a comeback so I'll say his insult sucked" trick.

Classic.

tkitna

Classic.

Its true. I am a classy guy.

Look kid, I can tell your tired and cranky so i'm going to get back to work and you can sit here and bust my chops if thats what gets you off.

Peace

wildernesss

i don't need to downplay it because it's self-evident that it's ultimately meaningless. what meaning does momentary emotional trauma hold for a character who (in respsonse) transforms into a monster that regenerates from death & destroys the attacker on a molecular level?

he may not be immune, but the second arc of new avengers sure paints a different picture; dr strange was completely useless in that battle & could barely guard against void's attacks.

Mindset
Its true. I am a classy guy.

Look kid, I can tell your tired and cranky so i'm going to get back to work and you can sit here and bust my chops if thats what gets you off.

Peace The classiest.

I thought we were having a friendly joust, old man. You do realize you initiated it, right?

tkitna
The classiest.

I thought we were having a friendly joust, old man. You do realize you initiated it, right?

Come on man, your the one that laughed at the delusional Sentry fans knowing darn well that I would have to respond. laughing out loud

Q99
This team has a good deal more magic than Doom on his lonesome.

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Also the fact that the Norn Stones bit was from Siege (as far as I'm aware) and forum rules make it clear that Siegetry/Void is an entire separate entity than regular Sentry/Void.

Constantine with prep can be a beast though. He has a penchant for making bad things worse for himself by calling in a bigger evil shark to take care of the current evil shark.

There's also where he cheated during the God-thing saga by using a wish/spell powered by Yahweh/God/Presence/Source/etc. to turn Godthing back into Alec Holland.

And that's just Constantine. Zatanna is pretty powerful in her own right. actually the void/sentry form the dark avengers run culminated in the oen from siege and I understand the rule says they are the same. he had his best feats before siege anyway. the more I think about it, the more I see that that voidtry could definitely solo this JL

JakeTheBank
What are trying to get at? Yeah, Doom hurt Bob with a spell. Enough so that bad stuff was going to happen if Doom tried it again. Doom was wise enough not to try again.

If your point is that the spell hurt Bob then yes it did. Enough to put him down or even matter? Not on Victors best day. If Tony wasnt there, Doom more than likely dies.

What I'm getting at is that it's kinda silly to act like magic in of itself doesn't effect Sentry when it clearly does and as far as Doom specifically goes, that single spell did a number on Sentry enough to cause him to be briefly incapacitated, and that was without Doom really trying that hard. Considering Doom has magical power far greater than what he displayed against Sentry in that specific moment, to say nothing of the means to attack him in ways other than his fragile pysche/spirit, which was what Doom commented on, to me, it just seems like a poor way of trying to downplay what happened.

It was enough to hurt him, that was the point, and Doom wasn't really trying that hard. Could he have voided out? Possibly. Could he have also been KOed or out for the count? Based on how sporadic Sentry during that time was, possibly. Sorry if I don't take Tony Stark's words as the gospel when it comes to Bob.

And as far as the team goes, I'm pretty sure "Esrepsid!" would play a massive number on Bob, regardless of his form.

i don't need to downplay it because it's self-evident that it's ultimately meaningless. what meaning does momentary emotional trauma hold for a character who (in respsonse) transforms into a monster that regenerates from death & destroys the attacker on a molecular level?

he may not be immune, but the second arc of new avengers sure paints a different picture; dr strange was completely useless in that battle & could barely guard against void's attacks.

Except you've been downplaying what actually happened since you mentioned it. Emotional trauma doesn't translate into Void. During that time, it was just as likely, if not more so, than Bob would have BFRed himself to avoid Voiding out or would have been rendered incapacitated as this was around when he was getting his ass kicked by people like She-Hulk, Hercules, humilated by the Human Torch, etc. It's a good feat for Sentry that he was able to get his shit together and beat Doom at the end of the arc, but don't act like he was about to become the Void based off Iron Man.

Too bad we don't just cherry pick versions of characters to best suit our agenda, then.

Mindset
Come on man, your the one that laughed at the delusional Sentry fans knowing darn well that I would have to respond. laughing out loud I didn't know you were a delusional Sentry fan. whistle

tkitna
I didn't know you were a delusional Sentry fan. whistle

Being a black belt in sarcasm myself, I commend you sir. laughing

tkitna
What I'm getting at is that it's kinda silly to act like magic in of itself doesn't effect Sentry when it clearly does and as far as Doom specifically goes, that single spell did a number on Sentry enough to cause him to be briefly incapacitated, and that was without Doom really trying that hard. Considering Doom has magical power far greater than what he displayed against Sentry in that specific moment, to say nothing of the means to attack him in ways other than his fragile pysche/spirit, which was what Doom commented on, to me, it just seems like a poor way of trying to downplay what happened.

That single spell did a number and yet we have magic users that are more powerful than Doom (Strange, Morgan) that are powerless against Bob. Makes you wonder whats going on there, doesnt it?

Doom did, why is it so hard for you?

Maybe, but she better be ready for the circumstances if it doesnt.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RM1nTPpMDEc/SYc3N6DIfsI/AAAAAAAALYE/mqdCzYXbjjQ/s400/DAv_Sentry1.jpg

Lol

when he was getting his ass kicked by people like She-Hulk, Hercules, humilated by the Human Torch, etc

Boy you got that right.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by 753
shes saying they're weak. thor isnt in this fight

wink i like u

Prep-Man
Did any mage BFR Sentry? Cause I know he can be/

OneDumbG0
^ Dark Young Avenger, Enchantress, did. I think with Wiccan's and Coat of Arms' help.

Mindset
That single spell did a number and yet we have magic users that are more powerful than Doom (Strange, Morgan) that are powerless against Bob. Makes you wonder whats going on there, doesnt it?

Doom did, why is it so hard for you?

Maybe, but she better be ready for the circumstances if it doesnt.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RM1nTPpMDEc/SYc3N6DIfsI/AAAAAAAALYE/mqdCzYXbjjQ/s400/DAv_Sentry1.jpg

Lol

when he was getting his ass kicked by people like She-Hulk, Hercules, humilated by the Human Torch, etc

Boy you got that right. Morgan isn't more powerful than Doom, he showed that when he owned her.

I doubt at this point Strange is either.

Sin I AM
Morgan isn't more powerful than Doom, he showed that when he owned her.

hmmmm...she had the upper hand till the time travel incident iirc

Mindset
She had onesided prep ambushed Doom.

And even then he fought back for awhile until she locked his suit.

Sin I AM

so its a knock when someone uses prep against doom?

Mindset
It is when youre using it as proof that she has better magic than Doom...

wildernesss
Except you've been downplaying what actually happened since you mentioned it. Emotional trauma doesn't translate into Void. During that time, it was just as likely, if not more so, than Bob would have BFRed himself to avoid Voiding out or would have been rendered incapacitated as this was around when he was getting his ass kicked by people like She-Hulk, Hercules, humilated by the Human Torch, etc. It's a good feat for Sentry that he was able to get his shit together and beat Doom at the end of the arc, but don't act like he was about to become the Void based off Iron Man.

Too bad we don't just cherry pick versions of characters to best suit our agenda, then.

extreme emotional trauma does translate into void. when he saw his dead wife during the ultron arc he became void empowered. when he was confronted by the heroes during the new avengers second arc he became void; even when he BFRed himself during the skrull storyline due to emotional/mental distress, the void manifested & saved his wife. Did you read the second mini series? It's irrelevent if the sentry BFRs himself because sentry & void frequently seperate as two seperate physicals entities. sentry was already disturbed during the doom arc due to time displacement; doom's magic was used against an already distressed mind. iron man wasn't bluffing.

as for the physical attacks by she hulk & hercules. who cares? he regenerates from death & can control molecules; what does momentary CIS or PIS matter to a character like this? he didn't even want to fight hercules on that occassion btw.

Konton

Didn't she show up all pissed off one time and turn him to stone or something after a very brief struggle?

tkitna
Morgan isn't more powerful than Doom, he showed that when he owned her.

I'm not sure of the history, but I thought she was more powerful and actually taught Doom stuff. I definatly could be wrong.

As for Strange, its hard for me to think he's not better even though he's looked pretty bad lately. Sentry has punked Strange a few times too though.

tkitna
as for the physical attacks by she hulk & hercules. who cares? he regenerates from death & can control molecules; what does momentary CIS or PIS matter to a character like this? he didn't even want to fight hercules on that occassion btw.

Save your breath. People just bring stuff up like this to agitate. Everybody knows that those two characters could never take Sentry in a fight when he's serious, but they feel good about bringing that silly stuff up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.