Thor vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

American Dragon
The God of Thunder against the Amazon Princess in a series of battles.
1. Both lose there powers and have to fight hand to hand
2. They have there powers but no weapons
3. Both have there powers and weapons(Mjolnir, The Lasso of Truth, etc)
Who is gonna take it in these fights.

Batman-Prime
Not current WW, the one before that.

1. WW solid majority.
2. WW more often then not.
3. 5-6/ Thor

Silent Master
Thor would have a large reach and strength advantage in the 1st fight, he'd win.

2nd fight, Edge to WW
3rd fight, Edge to Thor

quanchi112
Thor in all 3.

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Silent Master
Thor would have a large reach and strength advantage in the 1st fight, he'd win.

2nd fight, Edge to WW
3rd fight, Edge to Thor

This

vansonbee

2nd fight, Edge to WW
3rd fight, Edge to Thor Agreed ^

1. WW has a lot more h2h skill feats, so I'd go with her

2. she wins provided she blitzes, otherwise he beats her down

3. thor

h1a8
WW in 2 and 3

The first fight is iffy.
It depends on if these characters can perform as such in the comics as in the real world. If so then WW wins 1. If real world rules take over then Thor wins 1.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Not current WW, the one before that.

1. WW solid majority.
2. WW more often then not.
3. 5-6/ Thor

Cogito

2nd fight, Edge to WW
3rd fight, Edge to Thor

This.

With regard to 1, WW is unquestionably more skilled, but it's not as though Thor has some skill and has a massive size advantage. A 115lb(ish) woman, no matter how skilled, is going to have a damn hard time beating a several hundred pound wall of muscle.

Silent Master
Actually, I think she's supposed to be around 130lbs, Thor however is 640lbs.

Cogito
Actually, I think she's supposed to be around 130lbs, Thor however is 640lbs.

115...130...close enough

I assume, if we converted them to regular old humans, that Thor would not be 640lbs anymore. That weight is a product of density due to his Asgardian physiology. He would still probably be 300ish (ripped as shit)

Silent Master
At least 300, as he's usually drawn taller and much larger than Cap...who is 240lbs.

Thor however is 640lbs. what?

Silent Master
Originally posted by 753
what?

His body is supposed to be 3x denser than human, thus the high weight. However, people at Marvel failed math, because no-way does Thor look like a man who is 6' 7" and 213.3lb.

cdtm
Not sure who wins the first fight.. My gut says WW, on account of showcasing hand to hand skills more often then Thor, but when you have a giant ass hammer with major powers, how often do you need to showcase h2h skill...? And the few times Thor did showcase them, were impressive showings..

cdtm
IMO, she gets the edge in the 2nd and 3rd fights though. Thor would need to pull out the really exotic or devastating attacks to get past her defenses.

Silent Master
Or, he could just hit her in the face with Mjolnir.

vansonbee
Or, he could just hit her in the face with Mjolnir. or his schlong

h1a8
Originally posted by Cogito
This.

With regard to 1, WW is unquestionably more skilled, but it's not as though Thor has some skill and has a massive size advantage. A 115lb(ish) woman, no matter how skilled, is going to have a damn hard time beating a several hundred pound wall of muscle. Amazons are naturally strong, far stronger than normal women. That is why I say if they fought without comic logic (Batman performing feats beyond human strength) then she wins. But if we apply real world logic then Thor wins.

Also Thor is only 640lb when powered. He is about 250lb or less without powers.

h1a8
Or, he could just hit her in the face with Mjolnir. Nah. She would simply dogde it and combo him to ko. Or just merely lasso him up. She has great counterattacking chances if he tries to hit her.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
Amazons are naturally strong, far stronger than normal women. That is why I say if they fought without comic logic (Batman performing feats beyond human strength) then she wins. But if we apply real world logic then Thor wins.

Also Thor is only 640lb when powered. He is about 250lb or less without powers. what the hell are you talking about?

wonder woman "without powers" is a slab of clay if you want to get stupid about it

h1a8
Originally posted by psycho gundam
what the hell are you talking about?

wonder woman "without powers" is a slab of clay if you want to get stupid about it No. That's WW without a soul. Remember she existed without powers at first and THEN got blessed with them.

Silent Master
Amazons are naturally strong, far stronger than normal women. That is why I say if they fought without comic logic (Batman performing feats beyond human strength) then she wins. But if we apply real world logic then Thor wins.

Also Thor is only 640lb when powered. He is about 250lb or less without powers.

Where exactly are you getting that Thor is only 250 when unpowered?

Cogito

So..according to you when they're depowered for condition 1, WW gets to be a standard Amazonian but Thor doesn't get to be a standard Asgardian?

Or are you saying that a random Amazonian > random Asgardian?

h1a8
So..according to you when they're depowered for condition 1, WW gets to be a standard Amazonian but Thor doesn't get to be a standard Asgardian?

Or are you saying that a random Amazonian > random Asgardian? A standard Asgardian can lift anywhere from 30-100+ tons.
That wouldn't be fair. If Thor keeps his weight but has the strength of an average man then he would be too heavy to even move around.

Where exactly are you getting that Thor is only 250 when unpowered? IMO, powerless means he doesn't have any Asgardian attributes. They are naturally heavy and strong (tonnage).
So wouldn't powerless mean take away there natural strength and weight? Given Thor's build he should be around 250lbs. That seems fair to me.

Lastly, if we let Thor keep his weight and allow him to have only average human strength then we would be too weak to carry his weight around. He would be so slow that he would get tagged right and left with pressure points and such.

Silent Master
Given Thor's size, he'd be over 300lbs as he's drawn noticeably taller and larger than Captain America who is 240lbs. BTW, this is comics where Kingpin weighs 450 pounds and doesn't have any trouble moving around and being fast enough to tag Daredevil and Spider-man on occasion.

So Thor weighing that much would be an advantage, not a disadvantage.

JakeTheBank
When Thor's powerless, he still possesses strength far above the average human, and he doesn't seem to lose any mass or weight, either.

Harbinger
Diana in the first, 7-8/10.
Diana in the second, 6/10.
Thor in the third, 8/10.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
When Thor's powerless, he still possesses strength far above the average human, and he doesn't seem to lose any mass or weight, either. cause he's still an asgardian

h1a8
When Thor's powerless, he still possesses strength far above the average human, and he doesn't seem to lose any mass or weight, either. I don't recall Donald Blake or Jake Olsen having super strength. Where do you get this from?

Cogito
A standard Asgardian can lift anywhere from 30-100+ tons.
That wouldn't be fair. If Thor keeps his weight but has the strength of an average man then he would be too heavy to even move around.

IMO, powerless means he doesn't have any Asgardian attributes. They are naturally heavy and strong (tonnage).
So wouldn't powerless mean take away there natural strength and weight? Given Thor's build he should be around 250lbs. That seems fair to me.

Lastly, if we let Thor keep his weight and allow him to have only average human strength then we would be too weak to carry his weight around. He would be so slow that he would get tagged right and left with pressure points and such.

So you are saying that Thor becomes human, with the strength of someone his size and build, yet WW becomes an Amazonian? Whose strength and speed are significantly greater than an average human?

You're losing me here. If Thor becomes human, with the strength and speed of someone his size and build, then WW should become human, with the strength and speed of a woman her size and build.

Silent Master
I don't recall Donald Blake or Jake Olsen having super strength. Where do you get this from?

What do Donald Blake or Jake Olsen have to do with this?

JakeTheBank
I don't recall Donald Blake or Jake Olsen having super strength. Where do you get this from?

Thor's human hosts =/= Thor.

They're separate entities which occasionally have had their spirits bound to Thor himself. And Thor's been depowered or restricted from using his powers plenty of times for us to gage his strength level, which is at least peak human.

h1a8
Thor's human hosts =/= Thor.

They're separate entities which occasionally have had their spirits bound to Thor himself. And Thor's been depowered or restricted from using his powers plenty of times for us to gage his strength level, which is at least peak human. Give me a feat then. What makes you think that a powerless Thor is at least peak human?

h1a8
So you are saying that Thor becomes human, with the strength of someone his size and build, yet WW becomes an Amazonian? Whose strength and speed are significantly greater than an average human?

You're losing me here. If Thor becomes human, with the strength and speed of someone his size and build, then WW should become human, with the strength and speed of a woman her size and build. Well, the problem occurs because Thor doesn't truly have a powerless personal (other than Donald Blake and Jake Olson). He is naturally strong because he is an Asgardian. So powerless for him would either mean no control of the weather/lightning or just Donald Blake. A typical Asgardian can lift more than 30 tons. This wouldn't be a fair figh

How strong should a powerless Thor and WW be?

On a level of 1-10 give both Diana and Thor some strength rankings.
Because having one far stronger than the other makes this spite.

Kasper Gutman
A powerless Thor is comparable in many ways to Captain America. Saying he's peak human or better is very accurate. He actually has a number of feats such as taking out an egyptian god who had somewhere between 20-50 tons of Superstrength. Okay maybe that's his highest powerless feat and he went totally psycho on the beat down. WM Powerless Thor smile

Silent Master
Well, the problem occurs because Thor doesn't truly have a powerless personal (other than Donald Blake and Jake Olson). He is naturally strong because he is an Asgardian. So powerless for him would either mean no control of the weather/lightning or just Donald Blake. A typical Asgardian can lift more than 30 tons. This wouldn't be a fair figh

How strong should a powerless Thor and WW be?

On a level of 1-10 give both Diana and Thor some strength rankings.
Because having one far stronger than the other makes this spite.

Donald Blake isn't a powerless Thor, he was a human alter ego created by Odin...you should know this.

namorsubby
Wonder Woman in 1 and 2.

Thor in 3.

I actually agree with h1a8's general line of argumentation here. for a depowered fight, it makes sense to cap them both at peak humans - give thor the basic stats of CA and Diana the basic stats of elektra or cassandra.

Silent Master
They should have the stats of someone their size and build. Otherwise it's not really a powerless fight.....it's a Thor vs WW w/insert person's stats fight.

that is pretty much what I was thinking, but of some human or peak human their size and built. otherwise thor would still have supwerpowers

JakeTheBank
Give me a feat then. What makes you think that a powerless Thor is at least peak human?

He lifted and moved a solid golden statue of an bull over his shoulders without much, if any, strain.

gogogadgetgo
He lifted and moved a solid golden statue of an bull over his shoulders without much, if any, strain.

dont forget that he also went head to head with the wrecker while depowred and was giving him a run for his money.

JayDaDon

2nd fight, Edge to WW
3rd fight, Edge to Thor

This sounds about right. thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
dont forget that he also went head to head with the wrecker while depowred and was giving him a run for his money.

Then he was powered down and not completely powerless (as in no super human strength).
Unless you mean he became an ordinary Asgardian?
If so, then they naturally have supernatural strength.

I agree that they should have the strength of someone of their size and build to be fair. Otherwise, there is nothing to debate about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.