Favorite Video Game Opening

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ares834
What is your favorite video game opening?

Mine has to be Wind Waker's it is, simply, breath taking.

JX5Tp4sZbFQ

MooCowofJustice
The opening to Oblivion is pretty BA, as is the opening to a bunch of Zelda games. Also epic are the openings to the Dynasty Warriors games. But those are a different kind of awesome.

RE: Blaxican
6GMOTrIjVao

C3Kiw2-v7Ss&hd=1

A tie between those two, though the Starcraft 1 has a slight edge, imo.

BloodRawEngine
Do you mean like the opening cinematic video, or the opening gameplay sequence as well, or either?

From your example, I'll assume the former, and from it, I have quite a few I like. Can't say I can very easily taper it down into a few favorites.

As far as which opening gameplay sequences though, God of War knows how to kick off a start each game for sure. Being a staple element can make it seem redundant over time, but that's a nitpick in the face of the shit they think of.

ares834
Either.

FinalAnswer
r7ZLA5FX_v0

Nephthys
Remember your Death.

Fantastic opening. Its fun to see it again after you've gone through once and pick up on all the symbolism and see that awesome bit of wordplay. Momento Mori indeed. Can't wait til Persona 5.

The Gambit
Dawn of War the first game had a really cool opening cinematic, very emotional and epic.

Warhammer Mark of Chaos and Battle March both had amazing graphical displays in there openings particularly Battle March the whole thing looks so real.

General G
Looooooved Halo 2's, Prophet of Truth being badass, with the Arbiter holding his own. Clear contrast between the two societies with the Chief getting medalled.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by The Gambit
Dawn of War the first game had a really cool opening cinematic, very emotional and epic.

Yeah

That sergeant charging his heavy weapons squad into a mob of Ork Boyz sure was epic.

RE: Blaxican
^ That was really ****ing awesome, yeah.

I was looking at Halo 2 cutscenes yesterday. Such a good game, even with the cliffhanger ending.

Kazenji
YulwXPicfPg

S_D_J
jlOPBYIo6Kc

SIMPLY EPIC!!!

CPT Space Bomb
For music intro it's easily Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
I love the haunting feel it has and it fits the Prime series' lonely atmospheric nature perfectly.

Kosmic King
I think Final Fantasy VI takes it for me

Zack Fair
Final Fantasy 8's FMV intro made me cream my pants back when I was a teen.

§P0oONY
TotA

3gaMKbv-xHU

No End N Site
Duke-Motha F**Kin-Nukem

Soul Blade *****!

And last but not least, Tekken 3. I was so damn hyped after that intro
7qmU4wQqKQI

elfirrepins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNqHxiEuTQ

The only reason why I bought the game.

(Forgot how to embed videos).

Cyner
at9hxU864Fg

Look at the bright side kid... you get to keep all the money.

Kazenji
Originally posted by No End N Site
Duke-Motha F**Kin-Nukem

Shit yeah

also the one for Land of the babes was also good

ot6CFdspro8

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by No End N Site
Duke-Motha F**Kin-Nukem

Soul Blade *****!

Awesome intros, the both of them; Soul Blade would edge it though, cool music, imagery - still own it for PS1 too! Happy Dance

Favourite character was always Li Long, the green outfit was the best of his.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Favourite character was always Li Long, the green outfit was the best of his.

Li Long has always been awesome. He was my favorite, too.Originally posted by No End N Site

And last but not least, Tekken 3. I was so damn hyped after that intro
7qmU4wQqKQI

Love the T3 intro. I even have that song on my iPod.

Kazenji
ABDm2JcnTPs

Smasandian
Even though it's not a cinematic but my favourite opening for a video game is Half Life and Half Life 2.

The first Half-Life tram sequence blew my mind because it was never done before and in Half-Life 2 opening sequence (just when you see the Citadel) was great because of the homage to the first game and the crazy oppressive atmosphere afterwards.

Kazenji
gYxmCYp_nG0

srankmissingnin
JJ Abrams said that Uncharted 2 has the best opening from any movie, tv show or video game... and I agree.

Burning thought
I like this one;

dRh1niAmrkc

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.