PC Superman VS Thanos (In a Fist Fight)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
PC Superman VS Thanos (In a Fist Fight)

Thanos has the power gem. no energy projection allowed. amped punching/blocking is allowed. fist fighting only, nothing else.

how does it go?

quanchi112
Thanos stomps.

Batman-Prime
Spite PC Superman sh!tstomps.

wildernesss
against the power gem & someone like thanos who knows how to use it? maybe a win, but definately no stomp.

tkitna
http://i9.tinypic.com/5yhem3c.gif

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Spite PC Superman sh!tstomps. Do you know what the power gem can do ?

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you know what the power gem can do ?

Do you know what Pre-Crisis Superman can do.

Uriel005
Originally posted by SquallX
Do you know what Pre-Crisis Superman can do. I actually have to go with the PG. Thanos isn't a chump when using the damn thing like Thor was. Thanos takes this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Do you know what Pre-Crisis Superman can do. Precrisis Superman has limits in terms of power the power gem doesn't.

Uriel005
^agreed. PC supes strength was for all intents plot device strength. the power gem and the other infinity gems in Thanos's hands ARE plot devices.

tsscls
Precrisis Superman has limits in terms of power the power gem doesn't.

Calm down, take a deep breath.

tsscls
PC Supes destroys based on feats.

quanchi112
Originally posted by tsscls
Calm down, take a deep breath. I'm fine and so is Thanos he is the power gem afterall.

tsscls
I'm fine and so is Thanos he is the power gem afterall.

Then step away from your closet, unlock the door, and let Thanos and the PowerGem step out from your Mom's basement. The State Police are your friends.

Brockalizer
I love Thanos (in a totally hetro way), but in this case Superman's biggest strength would be the key to his victory. That strength is the willingness of his writers to sell their souls so that he can pull a victory out of his ass in the most absurd circumstances. If this were based on actual ability then there is no question that Thanos would win. Pre-Crisis Superman or not, the Power Gem is more than capable of smiting this false idol. In the Marvel Universe it has access to all the power that does, has, or ever will exist. So basically the power of every character in any timeline of a particular universe. The DC equivalent would be like having the power of EVERY Pre-Crisis character including Superman, Darkseid, Lobo, Mongul, Solomon Grundy, the Green Lanterns, LEGION, the list goes on.

tsscls
Originally posted by Brockalizer
I love Thanos (in a totally hetro way), but in this case Superman's biggest strength would be the key to his victory. That strength is the willingness of his writers to sell their souls so that he can pull a victory out of his ass in the most absurd circumstances. If this were based on actual ability then there is no question that Thanos would win. Pre-Crisis Superman or not, the Power Gem is more than capable of smiting this false idol. In the Marvel Universe it has access to all the power that does, has, or ever will exist. So basically the power of every character in any timeline of a particular universe. The DC equivalent would be like having the power of EVERY Pre-Crisis character including Superman, Darkseid, Lobo, Mongul, Solomon Grundy, the Green Lanterns, LEGION, the list goes on.

PC supes could punch your angst away.

tsscls
Or this could happen+Batkick!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL9ihXiFAko

tsscls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH2w6Oxx0kQ

zeel
thanos with the gem 10/10
thanos without the gem might get a few wins at best

tsscls
Thanos might get a few,.,.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBe0VCso0qs

Badabing
Superman punches Thanos in the face. Thanos would need the power and space gem to make it a fight.

quanchi112
Originally posted by tsscls
Then step away from your closet, unlock the door, and let Thanos and the PowerGem step out from your Mom's basement. The State Police are your friends. For the last time I am Thanos. I've been waiting all day for precrisis Superman to show up and so far nothing.

Uriel005
^don't say that or Shoko might show up at your door. Everyone knows he's secretly superman.

BattleMage
Thanos

cdtm
If Thanos had human level stats, and the power gem, who can beat him in a fist fight?

If the answer is "someone" (High abstracts not included), the PG has limits. If the answer is "No one", the gem is such a plot device that this thread may as well be spite...

vigo777

JakeTheBank
For reference, the Hood, an as of then normal human, beat the shit out of Rulk with the Power Gem with his bare hands. He's also been stated as being the least proficient user of the Infinity Gems. I have no doubts that Thanos with the PG could harm Pre-Crisis Superman as Pre-Crisis Superman on average had been harmed by far less, though posters as a whole tend to romanticize the absurdity of the PC Era and Superman as he was portrayed in it. That being said, PC Superman was also extraordinarily powerful on average without bringing in the stupid PIS and PC shenanigans.

It depends on which era of PC Superman we're talking about as it's a pretty blanket term for a period of time covering decades.

Hazsekswthurmom
Lol at the bullshit in this thread.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
For reference, the Hood, an as of then normal human, beat the shit out of Rulk with the Power Gem with his bare hands. He's also been stated as being the least proficient user of the Infinity Gems.

Damn...

Yeah, the PG is totally broken if that's the case.

Brockalizer
For reference, the Hood, an as of then normal human, beat the shit out of Rulk with the Power Gem with his bare hands
Yeah, but didn't Hood have gems as well when he fought Rulk? That's not really an accurate way to gauge the power gem if it's combined with other gems.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Yeah, but didn't Hood have gems as well when he fought Rulk? That's not really an accurate way to gauge the power gem if it's combined with other gems.

He used the Power Gem explicitly to beat him in melee. I'm pretty sure the intent by Bendis was to show how some random guy with the Gem was a massive threat beyond top tiers.

cdtm
He used the Power Gem explicitly to beat him in melee. I'm pretty sure the intent by Bendis was to show how some random guy with the Gem was a massive threat beyond top tiers.

Yeah, if he had the time gem, soul gem, or space gem, I don't see how that would have any bearing on the power gem..

Doesn't the PG amp them up when you combine the gauntlet, and not vice versa?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, if he had the time gem, soul gem, or space gem, I don't see how that would have any bearing on the power gem..

Doesn't the PG amp them up when you combine the gauntlet, and not vice versa?

Something like that.

Plus the Hood was, as shown in the arc, a complete idiot when it came to using the gems. He was still fighting the Avengers using the Gems as if they were just amps; if he really understood the depth of power the IG gave him, he would have obliterated them easily. He wasn't combining the Gem's powers and fighting effectively at all; he just tried kicking ass, and it worked out well enough for him until the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.