Superboy Prime vs CISless Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

CIS off for Surfer.

JakeTheBank
Surfer.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Surfer.
Yeah. Or, you know, not.

Mindset
Originally posted by Cogito
Yeah. Or, you know, not. Or maybe yes.

Prep-Man
prime.

Harbinger
Can't see weakness exploitation working here; it'd take Norrin a little time to create a red sun object large enough to depower Prime, and by then, he'd be done for.

He's going to have to go exotic, and keep his range; BFR is a viable option, but beyond that, I don't think he's going to have much luck taking SBP.

Prime, 6/10.

Batman-Prime
Prime beats Surfer to death, with his own board.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Prime beats Surfer to death, with his own board. Based on ?

celeyhyga17
Prime... Cisless surfer only upped his chances by smidgen..

Lord Feron
CISless surfer, prime is never going to touch him.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Lord Feron
CISless surfer, prime is never going to touch him.

So SBP is slow now??

quanchi112
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
So SBP is slow now?? Not as fast as the Surfer is on his board.

Badabing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not as fast as the Surfer is on his board. Yes, Surfer's best chance is to run away. Good call. thumb up

Lord Feron
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
So SBP is slow now??

no, i know he is fast but speed isn't what im talking about. Surfer can go intangible or just BFR SBP really quick. Also if it did come down to speed for so asinine reason I believe surfer is fast enough to react/defend/ and fight at high speeds. their speeds are comparable and neither one has the edge in that dept.

Also Surfer could forcibly take SBP into the astral plain and rape him silly.

Also draining SBP off all his solar reserves is well within Surfer's abilities consider all the other energies (fairly exotic ones at that) he is able to control/manipulate/channel.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Yes, Surfer's best chance is to run away. Good call. thumb up I admit he isn't going to want to trade blows but instead used ranged attacks. Think of it as a cosmic keep away sorta thing.

Naija boy
Surfer.

batdude123
Prime slaughters him.

Zack Fair
Prime punches Surfer's head off.

Juntai
Prime.

leonidas
yeah, even without cis, can't see ss beating prime.

zeel
surfer has the tools to beat prime but dont see him getting the chance to do so.

Slaanesh
Prime 10/10..high herald has no chance against Prime..unless they use weakness exploitation which is lame..

JakeTheBank
Prime wouldn't take 10/10 against a CISless Surfer.

batdude123
You're right. 11/10.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by batdude123
You're right. 11/10.

Well, you're no longer welcome to a bite of my wiener now, brah. sneer

Mindset
He doesn't bite wieners, he swallows them whole.

batdude123
Well, you're no longer welcome to a bite of my wiener now, brah. sneer

Originally posted by Mindset
He doesn't bite wieners, he swallows them whole.

Get it right next time.

JakeTheBank
You flatter yourself if you think there will be a next time!

batdude123
Book... WAIT!

SquallX
Originally posted by batdude123
Get it right next time.

laughing laughing

kgkg
I think Prime will win more often but I can see Surfer taking a few.

namorsubby
Prime

Ambient
CIS Surfer under forum steps.. Takes majority 7-8/10 FTW..

would intangibilty work to defend against prime's punches? if so, I can see SS winning through a red sun nova/energye drain or BFR. otherwise, he wouldnt have time to get this done before prime crushes him

carver9
Prime rarely if ever use super speed besides his one showing. Its not in character for him to even fight like that.

Ambient
Originally posted by 753
would intangibilty work to defend against prime's punches? if so, I can see SS winning through a red sun nova/energye drain or BFR. otherwise, he wouldnt have time to get this done before prime crushes him
Intangibility is a good tactic but I think a chronal omnidirectional blast for a temporary BFR through time fallowed by turning himself into red sol energy and have it radiate outwards ala solar flare to weaken him all the meanwhile absorbing and empowering himself with SBP own energy for complete drainage or at the very least severely weaken to a point that a conventional method of attack have a dire affect.. Surfer has done all this dough on diff. occasions even multitasking a dif. powers for weakness exploitation for teh wainage..

h1a8
To be honest I'm very scared of a CISless Surfer. No way I think Prime beats him 10/10 IMO. This would be a good fight depending on how creative and genius a CISless Surfer can get.

I wouldn't be shocked if he won some against Prime using the absolute BEST strategic to fight with.

The problem with Prime is that his durability is great enough to wade through some initial attacks while using speed to try to blitz Surfer. Also when weakened his HV was strong enough the penetrate Clark like he was a ghost (scary I tell you). IMO, Prime could have sliced Clark in half if he just moved his head from side to side with his HV. But comics won't let the hero die like that now would they?

Surfer's best best is to play the intangible card and try to come up with something genius. Prime's best bet is to blitz Surfer from the get go and hammer him hard.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Prime rarely if ever use super speed besides his one showing. Its not in character for him to even fight like that.

In character can depend on who you are fighting. For example, if Superman is fighting someone that IS USING SPEED or someone who is extremely dangerous then he will be shown to use speed as well. The same goes for Prime. If he knows he's up against a CISless Surfer (someone who would use great speed) then it is clear that Prime will also use speed. I don't see Prime sitting there and watching Surfer move and operate with great speed against him and he decides to stay a statue. That makes no sense.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Problem with that theory is... most times they DON'T KNOW how dangerous a foe it... Prime doesn't blitz very often at all and most of his fights he just fights like a brick.. He doesn't know surfer.. nor what he is capable of... So once Surfer goes intangible right away.. it will be too late for Prime to try that technique.

batdude123
Lmfao. People still don't understand what "No CIS" means.

Mindset
This guy named batdude123 included.

batdude123
kRmc9IPGmiA

Sundipped
Before Surfer recreates a red sun, becomes intangible, or tries a bfr tactic, Prime punishes him.

Damborgson
I can see prime beating surfer before he can create a red sun. Not saying he wont get off some of the times though. SBP 6/10

Cogito
Red sun radiation is not a viable strategy. It would take some amount of time before Surfer could pull it off, during which SBP would punch through his face. Even if he did it, SBP wouldn't be instantly depowered, he'd still punch his face in.

Diesldude
SBP's power suit should buy him enough time to oneshot ss into melted solder.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Cogito
Red sun radiation is not a viable strategy. It would take some amount of time before Surfer could pull it off, during which SBP would punch through his face. Even if he did it, SBP wouldn't be instantly depowered, he'd still punch his face in.

it actually wouldnt take much time at all for surfer to pull off red sun radiation attack/energy drain/bfr or something similar. it could be done very quickly and from a distance...as opposed to primes punching his face in...

JayDaDon
So if surfer chooses to go intangible, how's prime gonna hurt him? Couldn't he just try out different options and see what works WHILE intangible?

Sundipped
Originally posted by JayDaDon
So if surfer chooses to go intangible, how's prime gonna hurt him? Couldn't he just try out different options and see what works WHILE intangible?

I doubt Surfer goes intangible from the start. Prime WILL hurt him soon as the fight starts. Surfer would be hard pressed trying out different options because he'll need a little bit of time.

As for red sun radiation he'll have to recreate an actual red sun not just red sun radiation. Another effort I don't think Surfer would be able to get off

^why would he need a sun instead of an energy pulse?

Sundipped
Originally posted by 753
^why would he need a sun instead of an energy pulse?

He explained to PC Supes before COIE that it would take more than that to hurt him. PC Supes was affected but not him.

He's only been depowered by an actual red sun or red sun eater.

OneDumbG0
^ He's also been hurt by Red Star's red energy blasts and by simply being near him in Sinestro Corps War.

Originally posted by Sundipped
He explained to PC Supes before COIE that it would take more than that to hurt him. PC Supes was affected but not him.

He's only been depowered by an actual red sun or red sun eater. that only demosntrtes that SS would need to project more power than in that one instance you mentioned, not that an actual star would be needed.

besides, SS has matched the luminous energy output of a supernova on two different ocasions at least

Sundipped
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ He's also been hurt by Red Star's red energy blasts and by simply being near him in Sinestro Corps War.

Yeah he stunned him for a split second. He quickly recovered. RS said he was in fact a actual walking Red Star. Wheather he can generate that amount of energy or was just talkn shit Idunno.

Sundipped
Originally posted by 753
that only demosntrtes that SS would need to project more power than in that one instance you mentioned, not that an actual star would be needed.

besides, SS has matched the luminous energy output of a supernova on two different ocasions at least

Ok so the question is would he have time to do it. Prime has shown to be highly resistant to moderate levels. He still engaged Red Star in battle after he stunned him initially.

I would like to add that Prime did have the AM armor counteracting the effects though.

candy_lover
hi

candy_lover
hi

carver9
Prime isn't one shotting Surfer. Surfer survived a haymaker from Tenebrous and was still fighting.

Sundipped
Prime isn't one shotting Surfer. Surfer survived a haymaker from Tenebrous and was still fighting.

Yeah but looked what happed to him vs. Thanos, Tyrant, Runner, etc.

carver9
Yeah but looked what happed to him vs. Thanos, Tyrant, Runner, etc.

Has this happened recently?

Sundipped
So r u sayin Surfer could now take down the 3 I just mentioned?

carver9
So r u sayin Surfer could now take down the 3 I just mentioned?

No, thats not what Obama saying. What I am saying is that its questionable if they could one shot him again. What recent showings are you using to suggest that Prime could one shot Surfer? What High Herald has Prime one shotted to make you believe that he could one shot Surfer. Let's not name all the people that Prime has fought and failed to put down immediately.

Sundipped
Wait. Who said anything about a 1 shot? I said Prime would punish him. Meaning a bunch of shots. Shots that would test his durability. It's well within his powerset to do so.

OneDumbG0
Yeah he stunned him for a split second. He quickly recovered. RS said he was in fact a actual walking Red Star. Wheather he can generate that amount of energy or was just talkn shit Idunno. Stunned him with a single punch which elicited a yelp of pain. He didn't even blast him looking at it again. More classic CIS whereupon he declared he would make him "burn slowly" in vengeance.

And he was likely talking sh1t. Otherwise the planet would have melted. Maybe he has that capacity but I've not seen it.

kgkg
No, thats not what Obama saying. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.