Spectre(Jim) vs Nekron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
stick out tongue mad

zopzop
Spectre. Seriously as long as he's backed, how are you gonna beat him? Has he ever lost while fully backed up by the Presence?

guy222
unsure about backed by the presence

its a shame how dc has made him a jobber

cdtm
Spectre.

Jim Spectre against King of Tears proves Jim Spectre doesn't put up with the "not in my jurisdiction" crap.

If he can't "kill" him, he's find a way to bfr or contain him.

guy222
jim my fave spectre

JakeTheBank
Nekron having "no soul to judge" was kind of PIS-y for my liking.

Cogito
While I think Nekron's BFRing of the Spectre was really shitty and unsatisfying writing, I don't see how changing hosts would affect the outcome.

cdtm
Originally posted by Cogito
While I think Nekron's BFRing of the Spectre was really shitty and unsatisfying writing, I don't see how changing hosts would affect the outcome.

Jordan Spectre had the same problem with King of Tears. Claimed he couldn't judge him, and let the JSA fend for themselves. When Corrigan was the host, he simply transmuted KOT into tears, and contained him.

Hosts make a difference.

vansonbee
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Nekron having "no soul to judge" was kind of PIS-y for my liking. Going by story plot, Spectre should of ignore Nekron and move on to judge others with actual soulsOriginally posted by Cogito
While I think Nekron's BFRing of the Spectre was really shitty and unsatisfying writing, I don't see how changing hosts would affect the outcome. thumb up

Cogito
Originally posted by cdtm
Jordan Spectre had the same problem with King of Tears. Claimed he couldn't judge him, and let the JSA fend for themselves. When Corrigan was the host, he simply transmuted KOT into tears, and contained him.

Hosts make a difference.

You mean writers and plot devices make a difference.

There's a difference.

cdtm
You mean writers and plot devices make a difference.

There's a difference.

This was under the same writer though, in the same storyline.

And besides, we know the host matters from their stories. Corrigan and Hal have loads of stories proving this.

Cogito
Originally posted by cdtm
This was under the same writer though, in the same storyline.

And besides, we know the host matters from their stories. Corrigan and Hal have loads of stories proving this.

Where did it happen in the same storyline? Do you have issue #s or scans?

cdtm
Where did it happen in the same storyline? Do you have issue #s or scans?

Johns original JSA run. Issue 16, I think, where he introduced KOT via flashback against the original Justice Society. Johns has Corrigan based Spectre promptly dispatch KOT by swallowing him and transmuting him into tears, only suffering some discomfort during the transmutation process, while an issue or two later he has Hal based Spectre try to physically grapple KOT and get the short end.

So two different hosts, two different tactics, two different outcomes.

JakeTheBank
thumb up

Hal's attempt at "taming" the Spirit of Vengeance and turning it into a Spirit of Redemption effected how efficient he was as the Spectre.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.