What if thrawn had suvived?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Admiral Salar
He would have taken over the galexy.

CaedusRules
Originally posted by Admiral Salar
He would have taken over the galexy.

Yes, but Thrawn was actually a good guy. He was just trying to prepare the Galaxy for the Vong. He wanted the Empire to win because of the military might to fight the Vong. So in reality, if Thrawn won, it would have been better for the universe.

And you can go further. You can assume that Thrawn would have wiped out the Vong and the Sith wouldnt have been able to use the Vong forming to align with the Empire.... ect ect ect..

Nephthys
If Thrawn really wanted to prepare the galaxy or the Vong he would have informed the rebels about them, formed an alliance and not wear the galaxy out fighting a pointless and costly war.

ares834
He wouldn't win. His troop supply was cut of by Luke and Mara.

And of course Palpatine's waiting in the deep core.

CaedusRules
Originally posted by Nephthys
If Thrawn really wanted to prepare the galaxy or the Vong he would have informed the rebels about them, formed an alliance and not wear the galaxy out fighting a pointless and costly war.

There is no way after 7-8 years the New Republic would form an alliance with the Empire and visa versa. Thrawn didn't want them to be an alliance, he wanted the galaxy to be united, not allied.

Nephthys
Did he even try? I'm pretty sure that if he told them a huge fvck-off invasion was about to take place where the thing getting invaded was the entire freaking galaxy then the would have listened.

Either way, wasting resources in a war only served to weaken the galaxy as a whole. Even surrendering would have been a better choice.

Lord Lucien
Even with his supply of clones cut, he still would have likely hammered the New Republic. Of course, Palpatine, not wanting to let Thrawn gain too much support or popularity, and probably not wanting to risk Luke or Leia dieing in the fighting, would intervene and demand his submission or attack him. Thrawn wouldn't survive the onslaught. A costly war with the New Republic at the same time a massive Loyalist surge arrives from the core... his anti-Empire would fall. I doubt Thrawn has any knowledge or defense against the World Devastators or the Force Storm.

Samurai100
Thrawn would have submited to palpatine because he belives palpatine wants to defeat the vong. They would have taken over the the new rupublic and they would have taken over lots of other places maby inclueding the Chiss Ascendancy then owning the vong then taking over the galexy.

Lord Lucien
Thrawn's very intelligent and cunning. He wouldn't deny Palpatine out of something foolish like pride or disbelief. He'd join.

Admiral Salar
I agree.

CaedusRules
Thrawn and Palpatine were in concert before, and would have continued. It was Palpatine that sent Thrawn out to Chiss space under the guise of being exiled to set up the hand of Thrawn.

Thrawn had time to defeat the New Republic and rebuild an army before the Vong invasion. And for those saying he didnt even try to ally the New Republic, tell me how this sounds to populace that just won thier freedom from 20 years of tearany.

"New Republic, there is major alien force heading this way in about 15 years. You need to join back with the Empire so we can defeat them 15 years from now. I dont have any proof, just trust me. Oh and dont mind the fact I am a Grand Admiral for the Empire."

Ya that would work.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Thrawn's very intelligent and cunning. He wouldn't deny Palpatine out of something foolish like pride or disbelief. He'd join. thumb up

I don't know why palpatine didn't have thrawn his second in the first place. He would have gotten a lot farther than he did.

Thrawns just badass.

akpwnz
Originally posted by Black bolt z
thumb up

I don't know why palpatine didn't have thrawn his second in the first place. He would have gotten a lot farther than he did.

Thrawns just badass.

Because he had him preparing the Hand of Thrawn for when they did invade. When Thrawn got back a little punk with some force powers had taken a dump on their plans.

The empire at it's prime would have ****ed up the Vong. Luke was always too much of a pussy to use super weapons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.