Bricks vs Healing Factor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ColossusGrundy
WWH showed it was possible (and why didn't anyone else think of it before) to take out Wolverine and his healing factor by bashing him in the head until his brain turned to mush, stopping all his body processes.

Who is the WEAKEST brick that could duplicate this feat, given the opportunity?

Durability will play a big factor, since I'm sure Logan won't just sit and take it, so unless they are armored, (Colossus, Thing) or just tough as nails (Power Man, Hulk) they won't get the chance.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine has more or less base level human durability (obviously more but relatively speaking it is close enough to human level), anyone above class 5 strength can liquify Logan's brain with a good punch, the difficult part however is racking up enough diminishing returns in the healing process that damage starts to accumulate after each consecutive heal.

psycho gundam
a deer http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

edit*

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_hulkvsdeer.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_hulkvsdeer2.jpg

vansonbee
embarrasment did it live? did hulk eat him? was that banner less hulk?

I think the Rhino could perform the same feat, but I don't think he has the tolerance to pain as Hulk and his arm might never heal back as normal...

Newjak
Hulk received some pretty nasty cuts from that. If I remember it correctly Wolverine did cut his eyes blinding him. The only reason Hulk was ok afterwards was his healing factor.

So it isn't easy to do. n order to do it your gonna have to be able to either out right take the damage or heal it later.

So people Rhino even though they could do it based on strength they shouldn't be able to cause by the time they get chance to they should already be pretty messed up.

StiltmanFTW
Rhino shitted himself after getting cut once by Logan.

vansonbee
Someone mention about WWH getting his eye cut, Logan stated his skin is thicker to cut, so he went for the eyes, but WWH allowed to come that close to get a hold of him. It would of suffice if he did a thunder clap to knock Logan on his feet, but I am no writer.
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Rhino shitted himself after getting cut once by Logan. lol, well after Rhino clean-up his act and found a wife and she died because of Spiderman, he turn to a villain again with totally changed up tough attitude.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
a deer http://i54.tinypic.com/2ymgaq1.gif

edit*

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_hulkvsdeer.jpg http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_hulkvsdeer2.jpg stop posting that, you are tarnishing his good name. hulk is a friend of animals, that author should be ashamed of himself

StiltmanFTW
The deer that battled Wolverine was much more powerful, obviously.

Supermutant
WWH was fighting all the other mutants at that time, not just wolvie. Lowest level who can scramble wolverine's brain, Tombstone.

CosmicComet
Man Thing?

zopzop
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
Who is the WEAKEST brick that could duplicate this feat, given the opportunity?

Durability will play a big factor, since I'm sure Logan won't just sit and take it, so unless they are armored, (Colossus, Thing) or just tough as nails (Power Man, Hulk) they won't get the chance.

If you didn't have the stip "he won't just stand there and take it" as in, he's not defending himself at all. I agree with srankmissingnin.

But since you said he'll be fighting back. We've got problems now. Wolverine's claws have cut Namor, Wrecker, Thor, WWH (deep too), Thing, Count Nefaria, and other top tier bricks. There is some dispute concerning Colossus vs Wolverine's claws.

WWH survived it because of his insane healing factor. No one else I've listed above has that defense vs Logan should he get lucky and make contact with a vital body area and start to let loose, it's game over.

The brick would either have to a) have truly invulnerable skin or b) some kind of reach/size advantage that would take Wolverine's claws out the picture (IE by grabbing both his arms and binding them with one hand, while pummeling him with the other).

The few I can think of off the top of my head : Classic Juggernaut, Absorbing Man, Ethan Edwards, Mr. Fantastic, and Sandman. Of these, I DON'T think Mr. Fantastic is strong enough and I don't think Sandman is strong enough even though they can both laugh off Wolverine's claws. Classic Juggernaut and AM are too powerful, so that leaves Ethan Edwards. He's not Hulk/Thor level strength but he's more than good enough AND Wolverine can't cut his skin or hurt him in any way.

So I nominate Ethan Edwards unless I'm missing a weaker character.

Parmaniac
The deer that battled Wolverine was much more powerful, obviously. That deer was bitten by a radioactive Spider.

King Kandy
Didn't wolverine survive getting reduced to a skeleton? How is destroying his brain going to do anything?

zopzop
Originally posted by King Kandy
Didn't wolverine survive getting reduced to a skeleton? How is destroying his brain going to do anything?

smile

I think the OP meant who can survive long enough in close quarters with Wolverine to duplicate WWH's feat of KOing Wolverine by bashing him till his brain liquifies. It's not meant to kill Wolverine and it won't anyway (as we saw on panel).

Parmaniac
Didn't wolverine survive getting reduced to a skeleton? More than once.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That deer was bitten by a radioactive Spider.

I'll stab you in your brains sneer

Originally posted by zopzop
smile

I think the OP meant who can survive long enough in close quarters with Wolverine to duplicate WWH's feat of KOing Wolverine by bashing him till his brain liquifies. It's not meant to kill Wolverine and it won't anyway (as we saw on panel).

thumb up

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Supermutant
WWH was fighting all the other mutants at that time, not just wolvie. Lowest level who can scramble wolverine's brain, Tombstone.
No he wasent, he BFR Wolverine, then Wolverine came back after everyone else was defeated and fought Hulk one on one.

inimalist
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Man Thing?

he wouldn't have the strength

psycho gundam
Didn't wolverine survive getting reduced to a skeleton? How is destroying his brain going to do anything? i think the reasoning behind that was his brain was sealed up by his skull and thus the only organ protected from the blast(s)

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i think the reasoning behind that was his brain was sealed up by his skull and thus the only organ protected from the blast(s)

Guggenheim (the writer) said that there was a possibility of his skull protecting his brain, true, but we don't know for a fact if that happened.

His skeleton is made out of organic metal that happens to be indestructible, so there's always something to regenerate from.

Omega Vision
Guggenheim (the writer) said that there was a possibility of his skull protecting his brain, true, but we don't know for a fact if that happened.

His skeleton is made out of organic metal that happens to be indestructible, so there's always something to regenerate from.
In that instance isn't he also somehow moving despite the fact that all his muscle is burned away?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Omega Vision
In that instance isn't he also somehow moving despite the fact that all his muscle is burned away?

You're thinking of a Wolverine annual, I'm talking about his ongoing, Civil War arc to be precise.

Well, it's PIS. Adamantium beta doesn't make him able to move without any muscles or anything like that.

Parmaniac
Well, it's PIS. Adamantium beta doesn't make him able to move without any muscles or anything like that. I'm glad we agree on this.

Omega Vision
You're thinking of a Wolverine annual, I'm talking about his ongoing, Civil War arc to be precise.

Well, it's PIS. Adamantium beta doesn't make him able to move without any muscles or anything like that.
Couldn't someone take out Logan indefinitely by locking him in a really high power incinerator?

Or burying him under lots of rock...I mean I know writers would probably have him dig his way out or something even though he'd be unable to move his limbs...

Dum Dum Dugan

Or burying him under lots of rock...I mean I know writers would probably have him dig his way out or something even though he'd be unable to move his limbs...
Wolverine had this happen a few times, ever time he dugg his way out. Happen pretty recently I believe. In fact I ment to post it in the respect thread, because it was a pretty decent strength feat, but now I can't remember the issue.

he could be neutralized pretty easily by being buried alive or dumped in the bottom of the ocean

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
he could be neutralized pretty easily by being buried alive or dumped in the bottom of the ocean
u be surprised how many times he been burried alive, once I believe he was burried for over a month.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
u be surprised how many times he been burried alive, once I believe he was burried for over a month.
But how does that work?

Digging your way out from dirt/rock if its more than just a few feet is something that would take much more than the low end superstrength Wolverine has.

If he can't move his limbs he shouldn't be able to dig his way out.

Harbinger
Plus, wouldn't he suffocate underneath all that rock/dirt?

Dum Dum Dugan
But how does that work?

Digging your way out from dirt/rock if its more than just a few feet is something that would take much more than the low end superstrength Wolverine has.

He digs?

Rocks different, there spaces, and it depends upon how they fall. Yes there can be a lot of weight, but also a lot of room to manuaver. Dirts different, but even then he can deal with more then a few feet. Yes there may come to a point were he can't but there been several scenarios presented in comics in which he escaped

Wolverine a lot stronger then people give him credit, to be honest. (spidermans another character who comes to mind)

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Harbinger
Plus, wouldn't he suffocate underneath all that rock/dirt?
He stated a few times he not sure he can suffocate and the very least he last extremely long time.

He been described similarly to DS in that manner.

Dum Dum Dugan
also why are we talking about wolverine beeing burried alive, what relevance does it have with the thread?

inimalist
But how does that work?

comic book physics/physiology

Omega Vision
He digs?

Rocks different, there spaces, and it depends upon how they fall. Yes there can be a lot of weight, but also a lot of room to manuaver. Dirts different, but even then he can deal with more then a few feet. Yes there may come to a point were he can't but there been several scenarios presented in comics in which he escaped

Wolverine a lot stronger then people give him credit, to be honest. (spidermans another character who comes to mind)
If his arms and body are pinned, if there's no room for him to manuever then he'd have to be able to move however many tons of dirt/rock are above him or just push his limbs/body through the dirt/rock like you or I would push through air or water. But both of those would probably entail at least Spider-Man level strength, in the latter case you'd need to be a full on Class 100+
also why are we talking about wolverine beeing burried alive, what relevance does it have with the thread?
None, just wondering if Wolverine writers actually think things out before they make Logan do "badass" stuff.

Originally posted by inimalist
comic book physics/physiology
Meh I guess. I suppose I just hold streets and low metas to a higher standard of "credibility" than Heralds and such.

Dum Dum Dugan
If his arms and body are pinned, if there's no room for him to manuever then he'd have to be able to move however many tons of dirt/rock are above him or just push his limbs/body through the dirt/rock like you or I would push through air or water. But both of those would probably entail at least Spider-Man level strength, in the latter case you'd need to be a full on Class 100+

None, just wondering if Wolverine writers actually think things out before they make Logan do "badass" stuff.

Meh I guess. I suppose I just hold streets and low metas to a higher standard of "credibility" than Heralds and such.
Assuming they are pinned, which is not forgone conclusion. U can be barried alive by rocks, and still have room to move. Also u don't have to lift the entire weight of something to shift it. How strong do u think Spiderman strength entails (becuase I have a feeling u think spidermans a lot weaker then he is)

Clearly he can't do the things he consistently does, it jsut to make him badass roll eyes (sarcastic)

Some streets and low meta, other not so much.......

vansonbee

His skeleton is made out of organic metal that happens to be indestructible, so there's always something to regenerate from. The funny thing is, Logan could of regenerated outside or in weird position onto his skeleton (metal).

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by vansonbee
The funny thing is, Logan could of regenerated outside or in weird position onto his skeleton (metal).
?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.