Juri Han vs Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
Juri

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/rfF7DMq1t6A/0.jpg

VS

Ryu

http://www.absoluteanime.com/street_fighter/ryu.jpg

---

Juri is bored of Seth and his pitiful missions. They haven't provided the excitement Juri desired. She decides to go after the one fighter who has Seth's attention: Ryu. She knows about Seth and Ryu's previous fight and wants to test Ryu's skills and prowess against herself. She has captured and beaten Sakura to a bloody pulp and throws her bloody. unconscious, body before Ryu. The ansatsuken warrior glares at Juri and engages her in combat. Juri taunts Ryu one last time before fighting.

SSF4 versions of both characters.

Who comes out on top?

Frisky Dingo
Juri. Now SFIII Ryu pwns.

Tha C-Master
Really?

crimson_2010
Hahah i expected someone who would make this fight eek! well i think it'd be very close but in the end, Ryu'd win thank to his experience and willpower

Zack Fair
uhuh@Ryu picture being gone

Oh well here comes a new one biscuits

http://fr.flash-screen.com/free-wallpaper/uploads/200905/thus/1242883341_470x353_ryu-in-street-fighter-ii-the-animated-movie.jpg

Tha C-Master
Yea I think Ryu has more power when push comes to shove. He'll do the usual, get beat up a lot and then save the day with a fireball.

StyleTime
So you all think Juri loses to Ryu, but will beat Kasumi and Ayane at the same time?

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4072/southparkcartmanscrewyo.jpg

Zack Fair
Never said Ryu wins 131 Plus this ain't the best Ryu.

No End N Site
I agree, Juri wins. Plot aside, Juri is more powerful. After SFII, it took Ryu and Ken with, as Juri calls'em, "The Power Rangers (lol)" just to beat the SFII Bison. Juri is stated to have went at it with the SFIV version of Bison, the 2nd strongest version. Hell, Ryu could barely pull out the win against a pre SFIV Seth. The specifics of the battle between Bison and Juri aint stated but the fact that she came out alive pretty much seals the deal for me.

Now, I will say, if you aint in the Final Boss League (Akuma, Gouken, Prime Gen, Oro, Shin Bison, or Gill), you aint beatin' SFIII Ryu.

Tha C-Master
Maybe. But didn't Seth do well against her? Either way I'd like to see more of Juri before I come to a decision.

Frisky Dingo
No one really knows the specifics of any of the fights in Super. They haven't even made clear of the outcome of juri VS Seth.

Tha C-Master
Exactly. It may be close, but I'm hesitant to say Juri wins yet.

No End N Site
Originally posted by Frisky Dingo
No one really knows the specifics of any of the fights in Super. They haven't even made clear of the outcome of juri VS Seth.

lol WTF!? Yeah they did. She f**ckin stomped the shit outta Seth, with a smile on her face. Then after that, was confronted by Bison. A confrontation in which Juri seemingly survived. She's got SFIV Ryu beat.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by No End N Site
lol WTF!? Yeah they did. She f**ckin stomped the shit outta Seth, with a smile on her face. Then after that, was confronted by Bison. A confrontation in which Juri seemingly survived. She's got SFIV Ryu beat.

http://goofygifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/funny-animated-gifs-oh-really.gif

No End N Site
lol Chibi Hitchcock.

Frisky Dingo
lol WTF!? Yeah they did. She f**ckin stomped the shit outta Seth, with a smile on her face. Then after that, was confronted by Bison. A confrontation in which Juri seemingly survived. She's got SFIV Ryu beat. And we are sure that the Seth she stomped was number 15? Prof of that, please.

crimson_2010
And we are sure that the Seth she stomped was number 15? Prof of that, please.

Number 15?? What is the difference between 15 and others seths??

No End N Site
15 is the 'real' Seth, much stronger than the rest.

And we are sure that the Seth she stomped was number 15? Prof of that, please.

The Seth she stomped sure as in hell seemed to know her.

stargun
Did Capcom really confirm the SF IV OVAs as being canon to the games? If that's the case then I go with Juri unless Ryu goes SNH...

15 is the 'real' Seth, much stronger than the rest.

The Seth she stomped sure as in hell seemed to know her. Don't you think they could be, well, telepathically linked with each other?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by stargun
Did Capcom really confirm the SF IV OVAs as being canon to the games? If that's the case then I go with Juri unless Ryu goes SNH...

Don't you think they could be, well, telepathically linked with each other?

They should be, and I think they did confirm it.

No End N Site
Originally posted by stargun

Don't you think they could be, well, telepathically linked with each other?

They are. The 1st OVA was out-right stated to be after SFII and the 2nd OVA takes place before Super. The events of the Juri movie are referenced multiple times in the game, itself.

I never saw any info confirmin that they were telepathically linked. I'll have to read up about that.

Tha C-Master
Is that ending canon?

Frisky Dingo
I believe, all the endings in IV and Super are canon.

crimson_2010
I believe, all the endings in IV and Super are canon.

Except Seth SF4 ending perhaps? Becoz he become the new emperor of the world..

Tha C-Master
Yea and several people killed Seth. Usually only a few are canon.

BloodRawEngine
^Is that taking into account the fact that there's more than one Seth? Ryu beat the 'real' Seth (number 15 was it?) in the first OVA, so that much at least is canon, and is it safe to assume that the Seth Juri took out was likely the real Seth too? I forgot how her and Bison's endings went exactly, but I thought I recalled them contradicting eachother somewhere. That is, assuming it was THE Seth that they fought.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Yea and several people killed Seth. Usually only a few are canon.

There are 25 different Seths. There also happens to be 25 characters in SFIV. You should also stay minded of the fact that everyone's ending in Super didn't involve defeating Seth.

Frisky Dingo
Originally posted by BloodRawEngine
^Is that taking into account the fact that there's more than one Seth? Ryu beat the 'real' Seth (number 15 was it?) in the first OVA, so that much at least is canon, and is it safe to assume that the Seth Juri took out was likely the real Seth too? I forgot how her and Bison's endings went exactly, but I thought I recalled them contradicting eachother somewhere. That is, assuming it was THE Seth that they fought.
Ryu did beat the real Seth in the 1st OVA, however, it should be noted that it was Seth, before the completion of the BLEECE Project and his Tanden Engine in full swing.

Vega and Juri's endings don't contridict. Both have them killing a Seth and on top of that, there are about a dozen Seths present around Vega in his ending.

Tha C-Master
There are 25 different Seths. There also happens to be 25 characters in SFIV. You should also stay minded of the fact that everyone's ending in Super didn't involve defeating Seth. Right, I know that. However in every SF game or any game, only a few endings are canon. Otherwise it wouldn't make sense. We'll see though.

Ryu just laid there and let Seth smack him around and then owned him. I guess he just liked Seth's speech.

Frisky Dingo
SFIV's not the same as the previous SFs. ALL but one or two of the endings may or may not have happened. It all makes sense, just YouTube them.

Also, this isn't the first time Capcom has made a game where all the character's endings are canon, except for the final boss. If you played rival schools and then project justice, you'll see that, all but the final boss' ending was canon and carried over to the next game. Except for endings where they beat hyo, but what was shown happening after they beat him was proven to be canon.

Tha C-Master
I've played Rival Schools, but not to that extent. I only say that because most every game has tons of endings and only 1 or 2 are canon. These seem like they have more wiggle room though.

Frisky Dingo
That's basically what is, "wiggle room". All but a few could considered canon since they either have nothing to do with each other, occur at different times but in the same area, or are the same endings, just from different points of view.

AsbestosFlaygon
Juri Han curbstomps SFIV Ryu to a bloody pulp.

Remember, she single-handedly defeated Seth, then Bison (2nd strongest version) in SFIV.
Ryu barely survived against Seth, though this might be because this is #15.
But I have no reason to doubt that Juri Han or Bison would destroy #15 as well. Their Psycho power almost rivals that of Akuma during SFIV.

SFIII Ryu is a different story.
We are not sure how strong Juri Han became in SFIII, or if she is still alive.

AsbestosFlaygon
I was wrong. Ryu didn't face #15. Juri did.

Even more reason she would murder this weaker version of Ryu.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.