Question about the Terminator Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I tried asking this question in the Terminator section, but I noticed there wasn't much activity over there, so I thought here might be better. The question is... If Kyle was sent back through time to save sarah and john from the terminator.. which in turn saw him lead to John's birth and him being the father... How was John ever born to begin with? Was this ever described in the movie? Furthermore, how did Linda ever train John to be the leader of the resistance.. if she didn't even know about the war and what to expected and only learned of it when Kyle was sent back through time AFTER the war had happened and John was already trained and the leader.

chomperx9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I tried asking this question in the Terminator section, but I noticed there wasn't much activity over there, so I thought here might be better. The question is... If Kyle was sent back through time to save sarah and john from the terminator.. which in turn saw him lead to John's birth and him being the father... How was John ever born to begin with? Was this ever described in the movie? Furthermore, how did Linda ever train John to be the leader of the resistance.. if she didn't even know about the war and what to expected and only learned of it when Kyle was sent back through time AFTER the war had happened and John was already trained and the leader. kyle impregnated sarah back in time. thats how she had John. and thats why John was saying in terminator salvation that Kyle is the key to the future. he holds everything. if kyle got killed during the time period in terminator salvation, he would not have grown up and could not have been sent back in time to bang sarah.

and the training part............. John grew up as kid hanging out on the streets and stuff. so already at a young age he was experienced with weapons. doesnt really make him trained during that time period, but I think his training was between the time period right around the end of T3--before Terminator salvation

KuRuPT Thanosi
You see my Comic Buddy it still doesn't make sense... There was an original John that WASN'T the son of Kyle.. His training in T2 and T3 weren't the original John. The original John wouldn't have had that training since there was nobody going back in time to kill him.. the machines wouldn't even known he was going to be the leader until he was.. once they found out he was and how good he was.. they started sending terminators back.. then John got training etc etc.. well actually he must've got a new father. How can the original john who sent back Kyle.. say that was his father.. when Kyle had never traveled back in time till T1 on orders from John... A john already born without Kyle being his father? It just makes no sense my friend

marwash22
In the normal timeline Sarah Connor would eventually be impregnated by some random, unnamed man and give birth to the John Connor that sent the original Reese back in time...

When Reese goes back in time, he impregnates Sarah and becomes the father of John, replacing whoever the original father was.

it was never explained how John became the leader of the resistance originally.

chomperx9
You see my Comic Buddy it still doesn't make sense... There was an original John that WASN'T the son of Kyle.. His training in T2 and T3 weren't the original John. The original John wouldn't have had that training since there was nobody going back in time to kill him.. the machines wouldn't even known he was going to be the leader until he was.. once they found out he was and how good he was.. they started sending terminators back.. then John got training etc etc.. well actually he must've got a new father. How can the original john who sent back Kyle.. say that was his father.. when Kyle had never traveled back in time till T1 on orders from John... A john already born without Kyle being his father? It just makes no sense my friend im lost on the original John part.

the john in T2 and T3 is still Kyle's son. he just doesnt meet his dad till he gets older.

thats how its set up. in the future John already knows that he sent Kyle back in time in the past to bang his mom when he was a kid. so they have to keep it that way or it messes up the life time for the previous time period. and you cant mess with the time. they have to keep it how it is. so yeah john has to keep sending kyle back when he gets older or there is no resistance.

Godzilla Rulz
I tried asking this question in the Terminator section, but I noticed there wasn't much activity over there, so I thought here might be better. The question is... If Kyle was sent back through time to save sarah and john from the terminator.. which in turn saw him lead to John's birth and him being the father... How was John ever born to begin with? Was this ever described in the movie? Furthermore, how did Linda ever train John to be the leader of the resistance.. if she didn't even know about the war and what to expected and only learned of it when Kyle was sent back through time AFTER the war had happened and John was already trained and the leader.

There had to be a time here the loop didn't exist and someone else was his father.

inboundcp
This is a great movie

Kazenji
Thanks for the input ^

as for KuRuPT Thanos question i always thought about that too, Who is John's real father because all we know is Kyle is his father only becasue him going by back in time.

T.M
http://www.cracked.com/article_17390_5-reasons-terminator-franchise-makes-no-goddamn-sense.html

marwash22
lulz. it's as if the Terminator is the only series peeps have seen that involves time travel. It's not very complicated.

T.M
If Kyle was sent back through time to save sarah and john from the terminator.. which in turn saw him lead to John's birth and him being the father... How was John ever born to begin with?
Cyberdyne creates Skynet - Skynet becomes self aware - Skynet sets off nuclear war killing most humans - resistance fight back led by John Conner - resistance get upper hand - Skynet last ditch effort to save itself sends Terminator back in time to kill Sarah before giving birth to John - John sends back Kyle to protect his mother - Kyle and Sarah have sex which leads to the birth of John.. its called a paradox(this is time travel)..

In other words John was born BECAUSE of the events.. he would have been born anyway this just made it happen quicker.

Kyle was sent back after the war into the past (before the war). Sarah trained John when he is young in the past (before war) John trained Kyle (during war) Kyle goes back in time before Johns birth trains Sarah which leads back to Sarah being able to train John.

Think thats about right.

the ninjak
The Terminator Universe is a series of divergent timelines and possible realities. As seen in the TV series.

The original John Conner was born through a man from a possible future.
There are many possible realities sending men and machines back in time to random realities. Sometimes the badguys win sometimes they lose.

Maybe timetravel creates alternate dimensions. Either way the Terminator universe ignores the theory that once time is changed the future is destroyed and gets replaced with another. It just keeps going.

One may ask the question why John then hasn't been attacked by an infinite amount of variant future Terminators....it's because there are just as many pasts as there are futures. Infinite John Conner variations and infinite future variations. An unending war.

T.M
I think its more that they make it so there is only one timeline and everything that happens makes the future happen. So you cant change the future by going back in time because that is what is meant to happen for the future to pan out the way it does.. Does that make sense messed

In T3 I think it is said that judgement day is inevitable.

the ninjak
Originally posted by T.M
I think its more that they make it so there is only one timeline and everything that happens makes the future happen. So you cant change the future by going back in time because that is what is meant to happen for the future to pan out the way it does.. Does that make sense messed

In T3 I think it is said that judgement day is inevitable.

Judgement Day is inevitable because of the evolution of tech through the AI evolving through the internet. As was said at the end of T3. Kind of like the Puppet Master in the film Ghost in the Shell. Once a self learning program is unleashed into the web it grows until the military lowers its defenses and lets it run amok.

To answer the original question. There are many John Conners and many Kyle Reeses made from different fathers and mothers. The Original John would've been made by a random man in the present or a random soldier from the future. It doesn't matter. He will still be born with the same name. Some will be smarter some dumber.

And the date of Judgement Day always changes. Depending on that timeline.

T.M
Ye I don't know why I put that in about judgement days inevitability, wasn't really anything to do with what I was saying.

So yea whatever happens there is going to be a John Conner to train a Kyle Reese and send him back in time to protect his mother and teach her so she in turn can teach John.

It's simple really. smile

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by T.M
Cyberdyne creates Skynet - Skynet becomes self aware - Skynet sets off nuclear war killing most humans - resistance fight back led by John Conner - resistance get upper hand - Skynet last ditch effort to save itself sends Terminator back in time to kill Sarah before giving birth to John - John sends back Kyle to protect his mother - Kyle and Sarah have sex which leads to the birth of John.. its called a paradox(this is time travel)..

In other words John was born BECAUSE of the events.. he would have been born anyway this just made it happen quicker.

Kyle was sent back after the war into the past (before the war). Sarah trained John when he is young in the past (before war) John trained Kyle (during war) Kyle goes back in time before Johns birth trains Sarah which leads back to Sarah being able to train John.

Think thats about right.

I got all that already. I was curious if they ever said who John's original father was? Furthermore, on the training part that didn't answer my question.... The original John who wasn't fathered by Kyle and who become the leader of the resistence... HOw did he become the leader and how did he get the training to become so? I get after Kyle comes back and become John's father how he was trained and prepared. However, the original John who wasn't fathered by Kyle and Sarah didn't know about the war.. how was he trained and become the leader.. was this ever addressed?

the ninjak
I got all that already. I was curious if they ever said who John's original father was? Furthermore, on the training part that didn't answer my question.... The original John who wasn't fathered by Kyle and who become the leader of the resistence... HOw did he become the leader and how did he get the training to become so? I get after Kyle comes back and become John's father how he was trained and prepared. However, the original John who wasn't fathered by Kyle and Sarah didn't know about the war.. how was he trained and become the leader.. was this ever addressed?

The original John was simply to become a resistance fighter. It was Sarah's genes that assured John's potential. The man was most probably a militant survivalist.

The Terminators and machines they would face were to be the lowest possible advancement in their evolution so they won the war.

Unfortunately Skynet invented time travel and sent a T100 to kill Sarah and a prototype T1000 to kill John incase the original failed.

Fortunately the resistance sent a Kyle and a reprogrammed T100? to rectify the situation.

Such actions resulted in a different/better John being created and an alternate more advanced Skynet also being created. Divergent multiple realities ensued.

WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHO JOHN'S ORIGINAL FATHER WAS. HE COULD HAVE BEEN ANYBODY.

seopower
T1 and T2 is the best movie for every in terminator movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.