The Amazing Spiderman (2012)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
Official Trailer

Man, this is shaping up to be everything I hoped it would be. Garfield made a pretty good Peter Parker from what little I saw there, and I'm liking Emma Stone as Gwen. It looks like chemistry between the two will be great! I can live with the origin story too, as long as they have a reason for it. It seems like there's going to be a lot of mystery surrounding Peters parents, and this movie and future installments will probably tie into it.

I'm also liking the grittier feel Peters world has. It should serve well to contrast with a (hopefully) wisecracking Spidey. Only thing is, that costume has yet to grow on me. Still, color me pretty hyped for this. Looking forward to seeing the Lizard!

http://holdyourfireal.smugmug.com/Movies/Spider-Man-Reboot/i-qrrw6pv/0/XL/Entertainment-Weekly-Spider-XL.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Vsu29fdBC6w/TY2CU8Mk-LI/AAAAAAAAAAY/ykZD21DKlrM/s1600/Amazing%2BSpiderman%2B2.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F9GAc1BmbcM/Th-BMvOKWZI/AAAAAAAAAJA/Z1KP0suBnnk/s1600/amazing-spider-man%2B%25288%2529.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EvAfQrR1y58/Th-BubLZyjI/AAAAAAAAAJg/7DwEA7-FoDg/s1600/amazing-spider-man%2B%25285%2529.jpg

BlackZero30x
well it seems they are going to touch on his parents being spies.....or maybe they just got in over there heads about something lol

trailer was pretty cool but i dis-like the costume.

RE: Blaxican
I dislike the dude's ****ing hair. Seriously, what the ****.

S_D_J
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I dislike the dude's ****ing hair. Seriously, what the ****.

It's called "Vampire Chic"

it's all the rage now 313

ankur29
Garfeild looks more like 'Peter Parker' than maguire did

Stone looks hot

the costume is a bit weird though

the origin better not be too long

BruceSkywalker
trailer was boring, hopefully the second one won't be...

the cgi should be good..

the ninjak
Emma Stone looks freakin perfect in that picture above....Wow!

I always had a crush on her but now. Schawingggggg! She said on TV she was born a natural blond.

Kazenji
Hope we get to see some good banter from this Peter Parker.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kazenji
Hope we get to see some good banter from this Peter Parker.

Precisely. If he goes all Emo/Dark/Cullen/Tobey in this I'm gonna be pissed.

Kids get their parents to buy the merchandising. And the kids like a funny/confident Spidey.

SamZED
The first person scene is gonna look sick in 3D! If they're gonna make a game it should be like that and played on a 3D screen. Does whatever a spider can. big grin

RollerCoaster
I have a faith in the movie as well as reasons for that wink

LanceWindu
Originally posted by SamZED
The first person scene is gonna look sick in 3D! If they're gonna make a game it should be like that and played on a 3D screen. Does whatever a spider can. big grin

I'm 90% sure that the First-Person scene was made specifically for the trailer and not going to be in the movie.

roughrider

I saw the trailer on the big screen, with Captain America. On a computer monitor it looked too video game-like; on the movie screen I was getting vertigo with the 3D!

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Official Trailer

Man, this is shaping up to be everything I hoped it would be. Garfield made a pretty good Peter Parker from what little I saw there, and I'm liking Emma Stone as Gwen. It looks like chemistry between the two will be great! I can live with the origin story too, as long as they have a reason for it. It seems like there's going to be a lot of mystery surrounding Peters parents, and this movie and future installments will probably tie into it.

I'm also liking the grittier feel Peters world has. It should serve well to contrast with a (hopefully) wisecracking Spidey. Only thing is, that costume has yet to grow on me. Still, color me pretty hyped for this. Looking forward to seeing the Lizard!

http://holdyourfireal.smugmug.com/Movies/Spider-Man-Reboot/i-qrrw6pv/0/XL/Entertainment-Weekly-Spider-XL.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Vsu29fdBC6w/TY2CU8Mk-LI/AAAAAAAAAAY/ykZD21DKlrM/s1600/Amazing%2BSpiderman%2B2.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-F9GAc1BmbcM/Th-BMvOKWZI/AAAAAAAAAJA/Z1KP0suBnnk/s1600/amazing-spider-man%2B%25288%2529.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EvAfQrR1y58/Th-BubLZyjI/AAAAAAAAAJg/7DwEA7-FoDg/s1600/amazing-spider-man%2B%25285%2529.jpg

while I am elated beyond words that true spidey fans who hated those man-spider movies of Rami's,that phony neautered version of Raimi's are FINALLY getting to see SPIDER-MAN on screen-im serious,just the other day someone at work was talking about that movie saying-"I swear if he does this again in the movie,I am walking out."

He of course was holding his arm out imitating organics,and others reacted saying -same here,me too.true story from true spidey fans,I swear on my mothers grave I did not make any of this up.,,and am also elated that they have gwen stacy in the film as well and this director cast someone with REAL blond hair,this costume has yet to grow on me either.I hate those black eye lens,why couldnt they use the same ones from before? mad

I just hope they dont have Gwen say that she has known peter since grade school.it was that kind of crap that ruined the other movies.I also wish he would get in that ring fight again,the first one disgraced the comics with his reason for letting the burgler go.Hope we dont have the spider run off without dying either or have another joke of a fight with flash thompson where he showed off his inhuman strength that the whole school would have figured out that peter parker and spiderman were the same person.Just hope this film doesnt repeat THOSE kinds of mistakes the other films made.I just hope to god,those people are correct,that this movie does for spiderman what Batman Begins did for Batman.Redeemed the character and the comics.Stone looks like the perfect Gorgeous Gwendy.I am optimistic that they will get it right this time.the fact that they got his character right and are using the mechs and have Gwen in the film makes me very optimisitic they WILL get it right this time.

DARTH POWER
Using the Lizard as the Villain and making his own web-shooters is what I would have loved from the first Spiderman movie. Unfortunately I think its too soon for a reboot.

No one at my work place understands why theres a reboot already.. And I can understand their confusion.

BlackZero30x
wanna talk about so soon look at how batman is getting rebooted right after The Dark Knight Rises. lol

but i agree with your statements.

StiltmanFTW
Emma looks hot as Gwen.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
wanna talk about so soon look at how batman is getting rebooted right after The Dark Knight Rises. lol

but i agree with your statements.

What nonsense are you spouting?

Mr Parker
Originally posted by LanceWindu
What nonsense are you spouting?

yeah whats this nonsense you are talking about on batman being rebooted after Dark Knight? roll eyes (sarcastic) I also agree though,it really sucks they are rebooting it so soon,makes no sense.that fact makes me cringe that they wont get it right AGAIN. mad

srankmissingnin
The Dark Knight Rises is Nolan's last Batman movie, and Bale has insinuated he won't be back for more without Nolan. It's conceivable that DC might try and continue it with a new director and Batman actor or throw an ass ton of cash at Bale to get him back (which I think is unlikely as he is one of the worst things about the current Bat trilogy), but with the Avengers posed to hit the box office like a world ending meteorite, the smart bet is on DC relaunching the Batman franchise with slightly more levity in away that will lead into a potential JLA movie. The sad thing is that DC and WB really don't have there shit together, so who knows what they will do without Nolan guiding the reigns.

People are not happy that the lizard apparently looks like the old 70s cartoon Lizard / the original comic book lizard, and not like he looks currently.

StiltmanFTW
Wait, they're really using that toothless and clawless incarnation? no expression

LanceWindu
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The Dark Knight Rises is Nolan's last Batman movie, and Bale has insinuated he won't be back for more without Nolan. It's conceivable that DC might try and continue it with a new director and Batman actor or throw an ass ton of cash at Bale to get him back (which I think is unlikely as he is one of the worst things about the current Bat trilogy), but with the Avengers posed to hit the box office like a world ending meteorite, the smart bet is on DC relaunching the Batman franchise with slightly more levity in away that will lead into a potential JLA movie. The sad thing is that DC and WB really don't have there shit together, so who knows what they will do without Nolan guiding the reigns.

People are not happy that the lizard apparently looks like the old 70s cartoon Lizard / the original comic book lizard, and not like he looks currently.

They already had a potential JLA movie only a couple years ago and they bailed on it.

They would be foolish to relaunch Batman again, after a successful series of films. It wouldn't be the same. The rumors I saw after looking this up say that Nolan might stay on as a producer, which might entice Bale to stay on (if they make more films).

srankmissingnin
They already had a potential JLA movie only a couple years ago and they bailed on it.

They would be foolish to relaunch Batman again, after a successful series of films. It wouldn't be the same. The rumors I saw after looking this up say that Nolan might stay on as a producer, which might entice Bale to stay on (if they make more films).

They bailed because it was a stupid, confusing idea to have JLA movie out with different actors playing Batman and Superman, while Nolan was still making Batman movies, and Superman Returns still potentially could have gotten a sequel. Marvel's strategy of introducing the characters and actors in solo films and then bringing them together is a completely different ball game. If Avengers works, and cleans up at the box office DC is going to want to do the same thing, and they need a less grounded Batman to do it. Especially since WB is going to want to fill the Potter void with a sustainable franchise with a lot of draw.

TDKR is going to make so much money that it is conceivable WB could throw enough money at Nolan to stay on as producer, but other than Spielberg, who allegedly decided to take over as director on a few of the films he was producing, producers aren't heavily involved in the creative process. The amount of directors that could step into Nolan's shoes are few and far between... and that number gets smaller when it is narrowed to directors that would do it on the forth film in a franchise. If the don't reboot I'd be surprised... but maybe with Nolan gone DC decides "Actually Superman does exist in Nolan's Batman-verse!", and they use Bale as the lynch pin of a JLA movie.

Mr Parker
I seriously doubt that just because Nolan doesnt do anymore batman films,that warner wont continue with sequals.They will do the same thing they did when Burton left Batman,continue the story.

peejayd
* will they include this film with the Marvel Cinematic Universe? i mean, does it have any tie-ins or crossovers with the other movies like Hulk, Capt. America, Thor and Ironman?

Kazenji
Thats only with the Marvel Studio's movies.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, no X-Men or Spidey.

peejayd
* that sucks... i hope Marvel Studios can have exclusive rights to all of their characters/comics in movies... it's nice to see crossovers...

DARTH POWER

Arrgghh Dnt even get me started on the possibility of a Batman reboot!

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
but maybe with Nolan gone DC decides "Actually Superman does exist in Nolan's Batman-verse!", and they use Bale as the lynch pin of a JLA movie.

Yes Using the Batman from this hugely successful Batman franchise as the lynch pin of a JL movie would be the only way for the JL to have huge potential.

Just like Marvel have capitalized on the success of Iron Man by using him as the lynch pin for the Avengers movie (also using him to market the other Avengers).

Mr Parker
Originally posted by peejayd
* that sucks... i hope Marvel Studios can have exclusive rights to all of their characters/comics in movies... it's nice to see crossovers...

yeah pisses me off that they couldnt aquire spidermans rights in time. mad that makse no sense,THEY are the ones stand lee sold the rights to and its a creation of their,not sonys,why the hell does sony get it? mad thats the other thing that makes me weary they will do it right this time even though they are giving him the shooters and gwen is in it.I just dont feel good about it especially after they gave him those stupid black sunglasses. mad come on.makes me feel like they are making that joke live action tv show all over again seeing those. mad

Mr Parker

If the rumor is true that Nolan doesnt plan on using Robin,I actually want Nolan gone.. mad although it would be hard to get someone so easily to replace Bale.

yeah that would be really foolish to relaunch a batman series and not continue the film series.dont see that happening.their not stupid.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Mr Parker
If the rumor is true that Nolan doesnt plan on using Robin,I actually want Nolan gone.. mad although it would be hard to get someone so easily to replace Bale.

yeah that would be really foolish to relaunch a batman series and not continue the film series.dont see that happening.their not stupid.

You're on crack. We don't need a Robin in the Nolan-verse.

ares834

lulz... You're joking right?

DARTH POWER
makes me feel like they are making that joke live action tv show all over again seeing those. mad

No this was THE JOKE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w

srankmissingnin
If Avengers cleans up like predicted Disney might try to buy back some movie rights. They can probably get F4 back for a reasonable price, but they will have to pay out their ass for X-Men and Spider-man.

While I wish that Marvel had X-Men and Spidy, the fact that several different studios have rights to these characters does have some benefits. It means we get more of them every year then we would if they were all coming from Disney.

peejayd
* maybe that's the reason why they introduced several new X-men characters in First Class, instead of the Original Five (Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Angel & Beast)... why they're taking out new characters? to spread their gallery/scope in Marvel, i think it's a first-come-first-serve basis, like "ooh! we featured Havok and Banshee first! so you (other studio productions) can't use them in your films!" in fact, they're gunning for several potential sequels/prequels for X-men... which is sad... i hope X-men goes home (Marvel studios) to where they really belong... an Avengers-X-men team up is a good movie to see!

Kazenji
For Cameo's i would like to see Punisher show up in a Spider-Man movie.

peejayd
For Cameo's i would like to see Punisher show up in a Spider-Man movie.

* Daredevil... smile

Pallas
He's got a loooooong neck! I really don't care what he looks like. As long as the dude can act. If he can bring the character alive, let it be done.

the ninjak
Marvel recently reaquired the rights to Punisher and I believe Blade. Due to the 5 year rule. FF should be theirs soon as well.
Marvel haven't retained DD due to him appearing in Elektra. So a little more time.

Fox will not stop making Xmen films and Sony Spidey so they will have to be brought. Hopefully Sony's financial troubles will open options.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
No this was THE JOKE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOtpeYERu9w

three non true fans of Batman.Batman without Robin is like Batman without the batmobile,or captain america without the shield,or Indiana Jones without the whip.Good riddance of Nolan.the fact that he is using Bale the most lame ass villian in the comics,he has lost it.New director needed.One that understands the importance of Robin eventually coming on.

peejayd
Originally posted by the ninjak
Marvel recently reaquired the rights to Punisher and I believe Blade. Due to the 5 year rule. FF should be theirs soon as well.
Marvel haven't retained DD due to him appearing in Elektra. So a little more time.

Fox will not stop making Xmen films and Sony Spidey so they will have to be brought. Hopefully Sony's financial troubles will open options.

* now, that's something to look forward to... Avengers with Fantastic Four, wow! having Punisher, Blade, Daredevil, Elektra and Spider-Man in one movie would be awesome! throw in Iron Fist, Black Panther and other classic Marvel characters! i hope Marvel buys back the X-men franchise, do a complete reboot -> the "Marvel" way... smile

roughrider
three non true fans of Batman.Batman without Robin is like Batman without the batmobile,or captain america without the shield,or Indiana Jones without the whip.Good riddance of Nolan.the fact that he is using Bale the most lame ass villian in the comics,he has lost it.New director needed.One that understands the importance of Robin eventually coming on.

Batman has gotten along just fine without Robin. DC has published one long running Batman title (Legends Of The Dark Knight) where Robin never made an appearance. The two worst received Batman movies to date (Batman Forever, Batman And Robin) were the two that had Robin in them!
Batman with a teenage sidekick is a very quaint, outdated idea. Even Marvel is toughening up Bucky in the Captain America WW2 flashbacks, becasue doing Bucky the old way would look silly now.
The only logical reason Batman would have Robin, is to have him trained to be his successor when the time comes. Even then, he would only be a part timer. It's not like separating Cap from his shield at all.

In Nolan We Trust.

the ninjak
Originally posted by peejayd
* now, that's something to look forward to... Avengers with Fantastic Four, wow! having Punisher, Blade, Daredevil, Elektra and Spider-Man in one movie would be awesome! throw in Iron Fist, Black Panther and other classic Marvel characters! i hope Marvel buys back the X-men franchise, do a complete reboot -> the "Marvel" way... smile

Well apparently Marvel Studios is working on making TV shows with Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist. big grin

Marvel is truly aiming to create a healthy Marvel Universe to showcase all of their characters and Ironman Thor and Cap ect will make appearances .

SamZED
Well apparently Marvel Studios is working on making TV shows with Cage, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist. big grin

Marvel is truly aiming to create a healthy Marvel Universe to showcase all of their characters and Ironman Thor and Cap ect will make appearances . Huh? Was there some kind of statement?

lordmegatron1
Uh....When, in the Well of All Sparks, did this become a semi-Batman thread? I'm completely sure that the forum had said Spider-Man?

Answers anyone? Did it have something to do with the director of the new Spidey? OMP,please don't tell me it's Nolan! That dude needs to focus on the tragic film w/Bane he's about to produce. I mean come on. It's Bane. He's hard to make in CGI technology. Sorry to get off topic.

ptrvash

Marvel is truly aiming to create a healthy Marvel Universe to showcase all of their characters and Ironman Thor and Cap ect will make appearances .

I would totally dig an iron fist cartoon.

the ninjak
Huh? Was there some kind of statement?

http://www.avclub.com/articles/marvels-newest-comictotv-series-aka-jessica-jones,49208/

Show called AKA Jessica Jones. Immortal IronFist and Luck Cage should be on there way.

Arachnid1
TRAILER SONG
Heacwjj7XQQ&feature=related

TRAILER SONG 2
SABa0fSL3ls&feature=related

FEATURED SONG:
sD3-Eq_8t78&feature=related

I'm loving the soundtrack for this movie. Everything about it just seems to outdo the Raimi movies. To make that official, I need to see how the villain performs. Also, those posters are damn epic.

Mr Parker
TRAILER SONG
Heacwjj7XQQ&feature=related

TRAILER SONG 2
SABa0fSL3ls&feature=related

FEATURED SONG:
sD3-Eq_8t78&feature=related

I'm loving the soundtrack for this movie. Everything about it just seems to outdo the Raimi movies. To make that official, I need to see how the villain performs. Also, those posters are damn epic.

can only hope so we can FINALLY have a GOOD spiderman movie made.the one thing that so far seems promising about this film is that when sm 1 came out,you could tell it was going to be horrible from the trailer,there was enough information in the trailer to see that it would be horrible.at least from what i have seen from the trailer,this movie at least looks good.They seem to be pressing the right buttons so far.Peter with the mechs,Gwen Stacy is in it.so far it at least looks good.

Kazenji
The lizard concept art

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=50483

Arachnid1
The lizard concept art

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=50483 I like it. I wish he was a bit more muscular, but they can save the muscular green look for the Green Goblin. I also wish the face had more of a snout, but I still like it. It's shaping up to be pretty cool!

Kazenji
Anyone seen the original costume that they had for the Green Goblin for Rami's Spider-Man??

looked so good don't know why they did'nt go with it.

spidermanrocks
Movie looks great so far. I'm very hyped up for it.

Arachnid1
Anyone seen the original costume that they had for the Green Goblin for Rami's Spider-Man??

looked so good don't know why they did'nt go with it. Yeah I saw it. It was perfect! I don't understand why they went with the helmet at all.

Stealth Agent

You are a ****ing moron.
Source: Everything you said.
I would explain to you why you are but you are so ****ing retarded I don't think you would begin to comprehend.

I hope you catch ****ing malaria

RE: Blaxican
What the hell dude? Geeze.

Arachnid1
eek

ares834
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
What the hell dude? Geeze.

Well saying Batman need RObin is a pretty idiotic thing to say... Still...

Anyway, I've heard some spoilers about this film that sound awful. Apparently the Lizard can infect other people into becoming other lizards...

Kazenji
They had something like that in the recent ASM comics but people turning into lizards.

steverules_2

looked so good don't know why they did'nt go with it.

You got a link to the pic of it?

SamZED
Originally posted by steverules_2
You got a link to the pic of it? http://www.thegeekgeneration.com/2011/12/sam-raimis-original-green-goblin-fx-test-revealed/

steverules_2
Damn kinda wish I'd never seen it now...dissapoints me that they went with a reject power ranger

the ninjak
Not that videogame versions really reflect on the movie counterparts but cool regardless. I definitely want a more agile and epic Spidey than the last incarnation.
FhP0abkGmJ0

Kazenji
looks like the game might be a sequel to the upcoming movie.

Kazenji
-tnxzJ0SSOw

JASON221
That's what i think too . http://www.kread.info/g.gif

the ninjak
Saw 8 mins of the film today. Spidey is pretty cocky when dealing with thugs. But what really grabbed my attention is the web shooter.
It's a weird device that looks like it's creating some kind of frequency rather than just shooting out stuff. In one shot he activates it and a it just bunches up and creates a bush made of carbon lines and links. He then proceeds to focus it into a straight blast.

I'm looking forward to this mainly because the drama looks as good as the action.

Arachnid1
Damn that looked epic. Along with the Avengers and TDKR, this summer is going to be amazing. I'm hoping he does something even more epic to stop that antenna from crushing the people below though.

BlackZero30x
that new trailer was sooo awesome! Before i was kinda like meh but now im excited!

as for the avengers i hear a rumor that spider-man will be mentioned or have some slight appearance or something to "canonize" spider-man in the avengers movieverse.

Arachnid1
Also, it looks like they're taking the Ultimate route with Peter being seen without a mask by a bunch of people. From that trailer alone, you can see that SWAT arrests him and unmasks him, you can see him pull his mask off in the sewer which probably means that the Lizard will know who he is, and you can tell that Gwen found out he's Spiderman from their conversations.

I also like the look of the Lizard. I saw this screenshot of that scene where the Lizard tackles Spidey into the sewer water and size wise he seems to be pretty massive. His arm is the size of Spidey's torso! Someone posted a pic somewhere showing that he mutates further throughout the movie too so hopefully the end result ends up looking something like this.
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/spider-man-reboot-lizard.jpg

roughrider
http://www.thegeekgeneration.com/2011/12/sam-raimis-original-green-goblin-fx-test-revealed/

I honestly don't know if it would have been any better. It may be more faithful to the comic, but looked even more silly onscreen. Trying to find a logical reason for Norman Osborn, insane as he went, to put on a green mask and get all Nicholson-like from The Shining is a challenge for an audience to swallow. Maybe they should have gone with heavy makeup instead, for his goblin moods.

Kazenji

as for the avengers i hear a rumor that spider-man will be mentioned or have some slight appearance or something to "canonize" spider-man in the avengers movieverse.

Oh rly?

thats different then after all the stuff Marvel has been saying if its not Marvel Studio's then its not part of the movie universe.

BlackZero30x
Oh rly?

thats different then after all the stuff Marvel has been saying if its not Marvel Studio's then its not part of the movie universe.

yea but like i said it's a rumor. Although, I could see someone like tony making a joke about Spider-Man. Maybe someone reading a newspaper from the bugle that has mention of spidy. Or the rumor could be completely wrong lol

Mr Parker
Also, it looks like they're taking the Ultimate route with Peter being seen without a mask by a bunch of people. From that trailer alone, you can see that SWAT arrests him and unmasks him, you can see him pull his mask off in the sewer which probably means that the Lizard will know who he is, and you can tell that Gwen found out he's Spiderman from their conversations.

I also like the look of the Lizard. I saw this screenshot of that scene where the Lizard tackles Spidey into the sewer water and size wise he seems to be pretty massive. His arm is the size of Spidey's torso! Someone posted a pic somewhere showing that he mutates further throughout the movie too so hopefully the end result ends up looking something like this.
http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/spider-man-reboot-lizard.jpg

I hope your wrong that a bunch of people know who he is.That was the thing i hated so much about sm2 and how that movie was ruined for me was so many people finding out his identity in that movie.I cant bear going through that again and I sure hope your wrong that Gwen knows.The Lizard I dont mind but his friends knowing is something I have a problem with.

DARTH POWER
-tnxzJ0SSOw

Looks AWSOME! This is the Spidey movie they should have made in the first place!

HarryCanyon
Looks awesome and the Lizard is evolving on this movie

BlackZero30x
I hope your wrong that a bunch of people know who he is.That was the thing i hated so much about sm2 and how that movie was ruined for me was so many people finding out his identity in that movie.I cant bear going through that again and I sure hope your wrong that Gwen knows.The Lizard I dont mind but his friends knowing is something I have a problem with.

Imo I feel like since its dark in that scene and peter has his enhanced spider speed that nobody will see who he is. Although it really insinuates that gwen finds out. I hope that those scenes are out of context and she doesn't

Scythe
I'm happy that the Lizard looks pretty old-school, versus what we're usually used to.

BuntyBubly
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Emma looks hot as Gwen.

Ya agree with you. Emma is looking vert hot as Gwen Stacy.

Mr Parker
Looks AWSOME! This is the Spidey movie they should have made in the first place!

yeah this is the REAL spiderman,the other was a phony, watered down, neautered version..

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BuntyBubly

agreed as well.

that was the biggest mistake they made was killing off gwen.I always hated it that Peter would be so desperate for a girl he would settle for MJ.Mj should never have been anything but a friend of his.Thats the thing I have always hated about hollywood is neither the cartoons or the movies have yet to portray her properly.They both made her like gwen stacy,nice and sweet where in the comics she was a stuck up,airheaded b!tch who was inconsiderate and rude half the time and pete actually SETTLED for someone like that? hope they get it right this time and finally portray Mj's character properly.It was like Batman 89 having the joker kill Bruces parents,that never sat well with me.

roughrider
Originally posted by BuntyBubly

agreed as well.

that was the biggest mistake they made was killing off gwen.

You talking about the comics, or the movies? Because that only happened in the comics. You're blaming Stan Lee, Gerry Conway and Marvel editorial for it, as a mistake? Because however sad and shocking an event it was for fans, it's part of the mystique that always made Marvel different & great. Heroes weren't supposed to fail to save the day, but it made the Marvel characters more real when things like that happened. We wouldn't see something like that out of a DC character until Jason Todd's death in 1988 (and it was cheapened by having it attached to a phone-in vote.)

I'm glad they being a bit more faithful to Peter's origin by having Gwen in his life first this time - but get ready for the inevitable fail to save her too. If not this film, then the next.

Arachnid1
I just noticed something in the Rhino trailer for the new spiderman game. Spiderman has a belt (probably for web cartridges) like he did in the old comics. I thought that was kind of cool. I'm assuming that means he eventually gets one in the movie too.

http://www.luchins.com/dickery/ASM_02-out_of_sight_under_spandex.jpg

BlackZero30x
I just noticed something in the Rhino trailer for the new spiderman game. Spiderman has a belt (probably for web cartridges) like he did in the old comics. I thought that was kind of cool. I'm assuming that means he eventually gets one in the movie too.

http://www.luchins.com/dickery/ASM_02-out_of_sight_under_spandex.jpg

he has one in current comics also.

Arachnid1
he has one in current comics also. Really? Every picture I look up of Spiderman has him looking like this.

http://www.superherocomicshop.com/images/spiderman.gif

You might be right though. I cant remember if he does or does not in the more recent ones.

roughrider
They've always cheated with the cartridge belt; it's there but hidden under the costume. It's like how we believe Batman is wearing reinforced body armour, even when it's drawn to look like a skintight outfit. Suspension of disbelief.

BlackZero30x
Really? Every picture I look up of Spiderman has him looking like this.

http://www.superherocomicshop.com/images/spiderman.gif

You might be right though. I cant remember if he does or does not in the more recent ones.

its now under his costume. He was just wearing it in a recent Amazing Spider-Man Issue. Red spider light and all.

EDIT: Amazing Spider-Man 675 to be exact...

Kazenji
Stan Lee to be a playable character for the game

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=55436

Mr Parker
Originally posted by roughrider
You talking about the comics, or the movies? Because that only happened in the comics. You're blaming Stan Lee, Gerry Conway and Marvel editorial for it, as a mistake? Because however sad and shocking an event it was for fans, it's part of the mystique that always made Marvel different & great. Heroes weren't supposed to fail to save the day, but it made the Marvel characters more real when things like that happened. We wouldn't see something like that out of a DC character until Jason Todd's death in 1988 (and it was cheapened by having it attached to a phone-in vote.)

I'm glad they being a bit more faithful to Peter's origin by having Gwen in his life first this time - but get ready for the inevitable fail to save her too. If not this film, then the next.

Yes I am talking about the comics.I dont know this time they seem to be pushing the right buttons -at least from what I have seen from the trailer so far.I wouldnt be so sure they they will kill her off in the next film.Not unless the Goblin becomes the villian,if that does,they yeah I'm sure they'll do it again.if they do I will skip that film.I wasnt around when they killed off Gwen but reading about it I was thought that was stupid.I wish they would reverse themselves and kill off that tramp mary Jane in the movies.Now THAT would be awesome. laughing Happy Dance

Like I said before, I hope when we get to see mary Jane that they portray her character PROPERLY this time.They have NEVER portayed her character properly in any adatation,the 90's cartoon or the movies.They always made her more like gwen,nice and sweet instead of the stuck up air headed b!tch she was in the comics.Thats why I always had a problem with Pete settling for an inconsiderate tramp like that instead of sweet Gwendy.If she gets killed off in a sequal I'll skip that movie.Like i said,I'll know to avoid it if the Green Goblin is in the movie.i was so much hoping he would kill mary jane in spiderman 2002.That would have ben awesome. big grin

roughrider
Well, in the comics they do have years to work with a character like Mary Jane, to mature her. In the movies, you might have 1-2 films at best.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by roughrider
Well, in the comics they do have years to work with a character like Mary Jane, to mature her. In the movies, you might have 1-2 films at best.

still, get her character right or dont do it at all.

Arachnid1
still, get her character right or dont do it at all. I have to agree with this. Mary Jane is an awesome character in the comics, but in the movies she was horrible. She didn't even really give the 'carefree fun loving' feel of MJ in earlier comics in the first movie. They could have done better with the casting and overall script for her.

BlackZero30x
the only gripe I have as of right now there is no indication that uncle ben dies. Maybe they are saving that for just the movie but in none of the trailers do they lead anyone to believe that he dies.....but i mean he has to right?!

Arachnid1
the only gripe I have as of right now there is no indication that uncle ben dies. Maybe they are saving that for just the movie but in none of the trailers do they lead anyone to believe that he dies.....but i mean he has to right?! It's Uncle Ben. He'll die, and it will be damn sad. That's the one guarantee every Spiderman fan has.

SamZED
Thats what I was wondering as well. It seems Peter is already Spider-man at the beginning of the movie, dont see a point in showing the origin this time. And yet Uncle Ben is alive so either: A) Those were flashbacks or B) Pete is saving lives and helping people as Spidey even before his uncle got killed, which shouldnt be the case.

roughrider
I have to agree with this. Mary Jane is an awesome character in the comics, but in the movies she was horrible. She didn't even really give the 'carefree fun loving' feel of MJ in earlier comics in the first movie. They could have done better with the casting and overall script for her.

No offense to Kirsten Dunst, but she doesn't look like the supermodel type, which is what MJ actually was. She looked her best in the first movie, but actually got less appealing with every film after that.

Next actress cast as Mary Jane, they (Marvel Entertainment)better step up their casting game.

jonydec
Lol what provided it away? Really I'm a very big spidey fan. I never study any of the more latest products but I have the whole replicated tale, greatest spider-man, products from the overdue 1990's and mid to overdue Eighties plus a whole lot of venom headings. And I'm really expecting that Beenox contains the reward outfits from smashed measurements and Side of your time and energy and effort in farmville. Ignore the villians..I do not treatment who they select for leader combat. I just want to see some spidey outfits like 2099, scarlet examine, ben reilly spider-man, Ultimate symbiote, and greatest red/blue. It will really rub me the incorrect way if beenox chooses against the reward outfits.

South Actresses Photos

stickman618
sooo... does anyone know if this movie will tie in with the avengers movie-verse?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by stickman618
sooo... does anyone know if this movie will tie in with the avengers movie-verse?

No unfortunately it can't.

Marvel don't have the movie rights for Spiderman. It's with Sony, whilst the Avengers are all with Marvel.

The X-Men can also never appear. Fox has the movie rights there.

Which also means we can't even get a Spiderman/X-Men crossover. Annoying because I really think that would work.

stickman618
well that sucks kaboodle sad

i was kinda hoping the whole reason they rebooted this franchise so early was to tie it in with The Avengers

Arachnid1
TyTdRSZitCk

New trailer! I'm liking how it looks. It looks like their adapting the Lizards story from there comings were he used biological attacks to make people undergo similar transformations. I like that! It's cool that the Lizard was one of the only enemies in spidey comics to threaten the planet.

Also, LAB COAT! And is that a snout? I cant tell.
http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/122/1224230/the-amazing-spider-man-20120502102257096-000.jpg

DARTH POWER
^ Looks awsome Imo. But I fear it won't be the box office smash the Original's were. Much like X-Men First Class (also far superior to the previous X-Men movies).

stickman618
^ Looks awsome Imo. But I fear it won't be the box office smash the Original's were. Much like X-Men First Class (also far superior to the previous X-Men movies).

X-men first class was in the same continuity as the crappy X3 and Wolverine movies, which i'll admit, made me not want to watch it in cinemas and i'm assuming a lot of other people thought the same and also chose not to watch it.

but this movie is a reboot, so even though i didn't like Spider-man 3, i'm definitely going to watch this one

DARTH POWER
First Class was a semi-reboot. They did ignore X3 and Wolverine (scenes in those films when a much older Xavier is not in a wheel chair yet). But you're right, it was marketed as a prequel.

I hope your right and everyone gives this new Spidey a chance. Because if it doesn't perform well financially then no matter how good the film is, it won't be forgiven for putting the figures down for such a profitable franchise.

stickman618
i have really high hopes for this franchise

hopefully they can get around to doing Venom right in the sequels

Arachnid1
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/DarthVader28/lizardunderwater2.jpg

Freakin creepy pic. I love how massive the Lizard is, but this will also make any future Ultimate Goblin design redundant. That means Ultimate Goblin will probably never happen. sad

http://www.comic-images.com/data/media/1/UltimateSpider-Man027p02and03.jpg

Arachnid1
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/thelongestday_photos/Screenshot2012-05-04at001423.png

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/thelongestday_photos/Screenshot2012-05-04at001452.png

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/thelongestday_photos/Screenshot2012-05-04at001539.png

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i51/thelongestday_photos/Screenshot2012-05-04at001353.png

Arachnid1
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/alexwinck74/library.jpg

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w429/alexwinck74/SpideyPosing.jpg

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k598/Hotwire_Customs/Funny%20Spider-Man/Spidey5.jpg

SamZED
That means Ultimate Goblin will probably never happen. sad
Happy Dance stick out tongue

Stall_19
Seeing the trailer for the movie while watching Avengers 3D one thing became certain is that the 3D in this movie will be outstanding.

Arachnid1
Happy Dance stick out tongue And you sir, suck. stick out tongue

Kazenji

but this will also make any future Ultimate Goblin design redundant. That means Ultimate Goblin will probably never happen. sad

Good!

i'd rather see them do the one from the 616 universe they came close to it with the Raimi Movie with that screen test but of course needed more work on it.

Arachnid1
Good!

i'd rather see them do the one from the 616 universe they came close to it with the Raimi Movie with that screen test but of course needed more work on it. I don't care too much either way because I loved both, but the moments Spidey had with Ultimate Goblin fighting were just epic. His entire encounter we had in the Ultimate Spidey game was my favorite moment in the entire game. I would have loved to see some of those moments recreated in the movies.

3gxCkucdNko

http://www.zoom-comics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ultimate-green-goblin-vs-spider-man.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66907/1794749-ultimate_green_goblin_super.jpghttp://www.thegreengoblinshideout.com/_/rsrc/1268188296250/http-www-thegreengoblinshideout-com-the-green-goblin-alternate-universe-by-date/USM_115_011.jpg?height=400&width=320
http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/51/5128/YNXEG00Z/posters/stuart-immonen-ultimate-spider-man-112-cover-spider-man-and-green-goblin.jpg
http://www.comic-images.com/details.php?image_id=8828&sessionid=5h73n0oplj6u0lek480bjmh862

stickman618
FORGET GOBLIN!!

i wanna see a proper Venom on the big screen!!!

the ninjak
Freakin creepy pic. I love how massive the Lizard is, but this will also make any future Ultimate Goblin design redundant. That means Ultimate Goblin will probably never happen. sad

Good. Ultimate Goblin was a terrible character. I hope they keep Norman as a suit villain until they decide to bring him out as the psychological and deadly 616 Goblin.

Kazenji
Ultimate Goblin might as well be a Hulk villain.

SamZED
I don't care too much either way because I loved both, but the moments Spidey had with Ultimate Goblin fighting were just epic. His entire encounter we had in the Ultimate Spidey game was my favorite moment in the entire game. I would have loved to see some of those moments recreated in the movies.

3gxCkucdNko

http://www.zoom-comics.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ultimate-green-goblin-vs-spider-man.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66907/1794749-ultimate_green_goblin_super.jpghttp://www.thegreengoblinshideout.com/_/rsrc/1268188296250/http-www-thegreengoblinshideout-com-the-green-goblin-alternate-universe-by-date/USM_115_011.jpg?height=400&width=320
http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/51/5128/YNXEG00Z/posters/stuart-immonen-ultimate-spider-man-112-cover-spider-man-and-green-goblin.jpg
http://www.comic-images.com/details.php?image_id=8828&sessionid=5h73n0oplj6u0lek480bjmh862 I did enjoy the Goblin level. But I prefere SM2 over ultimate Spider-man. Can't stand the double jump, also web-swinging wasn't much fun in Ultimate. In SM2 you could fight teams of supervillains in an arena. That's awesome.big grin

Myth
Just watched the new 4 minute preview. I'm still not very excited for this. I'll see it, but I don't expect it as good as Avengers or Dark Knight Rises.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Myth
Just watched the new 4 minute preview. I'm still not very excited for this. I'll see it, but I don't expect it as good as Avengers or Dark Knight Rises.

If the movie is as good as the preview is its going to rock and be much better than The Avengers and with The Dark Knight Rises using Bane easily the lamest villain in the Batman universe,its hard to believe that movie is going to be anywhere near as good as its two predeccers.

Plus the third film in a movie series is usually never any good anyways.This one looks to be no exception.

So far from the previews this movie looks like its going to do for Spiderman what Batman Begins did for Batman.Be loyal to the comicbook and erase that nightmare memory of those previous horrible Batman films made before it.ALL four of them.

Mr Parker
FORGET GOBLIN!!

i wanna see a proper Venom on the big screen!!!

Well if this movie is as excellent as it appears it will be from the previews,you probably will get your wish.They need to redeem themselves for BOTH those montrocites.That alien from outer space ALL GREEN Green Goblin costume from sm 1 without the purple clothing over him to make him resemble a goblin and that laughable mask and that pathetic villian they called Venom from sm 3 and give it a far better much more believeable storyline to it as well like the 90's cartoon did.If they had done that storyline from that show of how the venom suit got here,that movie would have been at least more believeable and more realistic than it was.

The only thing that looks like they have made a mistake about on this film is I hope when Gwen is saying here-You are a wanted man Peter Parker.I hope that it really is PETER PARKER the police are after and she is not talking about Spider-Man here because that would suck if she knows Peters idenity because they would be pulling a Sam Raimi on us again and by betraying the comicbook like that. mad

DARTH POWER
^ I hope your right there. The trailer really looks like it's showing Spiderman unmasked AGAIN! This will be what.. The 4th time in 4 movies!

Please Don't!!

Mr Parker
^ I hope your right there. The trailer really looks like it's showing Spiderman unmasked AGAIN! This will be what.. The 4th time in 4 movies!

Please Don't!!

Yeah thats a good point.I cant get too excited about this film even though it looks like they are pushing most of the right buttons this time finally get to see SPIDER-MAN on the screen instead of Man-Spider and Gwen is in it like she should have been from the very beginning and were actually getting to see his genious DEMONSTRATED.

But yeah I just thought of that after you mentioned that.I have a bad feeling about that.after all SONYS name is attached to this and with their name attached to it instead of marvel films it would not surprise me if she knows.why the hell cant Marvel films get the rights to this film.I just dont understand it.its their creating for crying out loud,not sonys. mad

whats REALLY confusing is why hasnt Stan INSIST that marvel films get the rights from them? mad

DARTH POWER
I wouldn't loose all hope just because it's Sony. After all Sony were behind The Spectacular Spiderman animation.

Whilst Marvel now have the TV rights and have made the appauling Ultimate Spiderman! I still cry over the loss of Spectacular, and Ultimate just triples the pain sad

Mr Parker
I wouldn't loose all hope just because it's Sony. After all Sony were behind The Spectacular Spiderman animation.

Whilst Marvel now have the TV rights and have made the appauling Ultimate Spiderman! I still cry over the loss of Spectacular, and Ultimate just triples the pain sad

thats a good point but all the marvel films comicbook characters made into films have been loyal to the comicbook.Thor,Captain America,Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk.I dont think his mask would be off again if they had their hands on this.Conners and Osborn can know,but nobody else should.

DARTH POWER
^ Conners should only know in Lizard form imo. Osborne? Urm eventually but not this early on.

I remember when it used to be something really threatening that Goblin discovered Spidey's identity. But the films have made it that every single villain found out.

Just hope they stay away from that in this one. Really hope!

Mr Parker
agreed.Yeah Connors should only know in Lizard form IF he is going to find out and yeah you aint kidding,thats what was so special about The Green Goblin for so many years and why he was his most dangerous villain because till Venom came along,he was the only villian that knew his identity and thats the way it should always be.

Raimis movies really betrayed that.Lets cross our fingers that sony doesnt do it again.

Mr Parker
With sonys name attached to this project I just cant get excited about this movie even though they FINALLY seem to be pushing the right buttons this time and redeeming themselves from the mistakes of the Raimi movies.

Gwen tells Peter in that trailer that her dad has over 500 cops looking for him.It sounds to me like she is saying he has all those cops looking for spider-man.why would 500 cops be after Peter Parker? Peter Parker would not be able to escape from them.They would find him in no time flat.

That means Gwen knows his identity. If thats true,that would be another betrayal to the comicbook. That would be like Commisioner Gordon knowing Bruce Wayne is Batman. Might as well have Aunt May know as well while your at it. sheesh.

If this turns out to be true,than while they have redeeemd themselves from the mistakes of those horrible Raimi films not making those same mistakes again,their just replacing them with a DIFFERENT mistake.

I somehow hope that it really is PETER PARKER the 500 cops are really after and he has somehow gotten away from him.Otherwise this is another bad sign of things to come wih sony continuing their ways of betraying the source material. mad

KCJ506
For villains I like to see in sequels

ASM 2 - Electro and if they go with another villain either Mysterio or Vulture

ASM 3 - Green Goblin and the Enforcers

I'd prefer more classic villains first before any symbiotes. Maybe if they make more movies afterwards. If so and they bring the black suit, I don't think they should try to cram it all into just one movie. I've come across various people saying Venom should be in the sequel when in order to even do him properly, Peter first has to get the black suit, discover it's evil and get rid of it. And also introduce Eddie Brock and develop his hatred for Spider-man. Spider-man 3 tried doing it all in one movie and failed miserably. Although that was more on the case of them having so many unnecessary stuff.

Can the symbiote/Venom be done in one movie? Possibly. But you'll still probably end up with another case of Venom only having about ten minutes of screentime where Spidey beats him. If they're gonna go with the symbiote again, they should try something different. Have Brock get it at the end setting up Venom for the next one. It gives him more to do and can probably be used to his full potential. There also needs be a supervillain for Spidey to fight while wearing the black suit. Unless people just wanna go 3/4's of the movie with no viable threat for him to fight. The final battle can have him almost killing the villain, but stops himself from doing so, and the police show up to arrest the villain.

DARTH POWER
^ I'm also guessing Electro for the sequel thumb up

One things for sure they have to do completely different villains and story to pull off a reboot so early.

And good thing about Spidey is he's got so many great villains, and so many great stories to tell from his comic book history.

Arachnid1
It's too bad we cant get Kingpin. A Spiderman movie with Kingpin and Electro and/or Rhino as his henchmen would be cool.

This movie will be great, but I kind of wish Kraven was involved in it too. This seems like the perfect story for him to be hunting in.

Sixth_Winged
Hoping it would be Scorpion. It's a crying shame he doesn't get as much respect as others being the first true dark mirror of Spider-man's powerset.

Kazenji
It's too bad we cant get Kingpin. A Spiderman movie with Kingpin and Electro and/or Rhino as his henchmen would be cool.

This movie will be great, but I kind of wish Kraven was involved in it too. This seems like the perfect story for him to be hunting in.

With the different movie studio's could work together instead of having their heads up their arse and focused on money.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by KCJ506
For villains I like to see in sequels

ASM 2 - Electro and if they go with another villain either Mysterio or Vulture

ASM 3 - Green Goblin and the Enforcers

I'd prefer more classic villains first before any symbiotes. Maybe if they make more movies afterwards. If so and they bring the black suit, I don't think they should try to cram it all into just one movie. I've come across various people saying Venom should be in the sequel when in order to even do him properly, Peter first has to get the black suit, discover it's evil and get rid of it. And also introduce Eddie Brock and develop his hatred for Spider-man. Spider-man 3 tried doing it all in one movie and failed miserably. Although that was more on the case of them having so many unnecessary stuff.

Can the symbiote/Venom be done in one movie? Possibly. But you'll still probably end up with another case of Venom only having about ten minutes of screentime where Spidey beats him. If they're gonna go with the symbiote again, they should try something different. Have Brock get it at the end setting up Venom for the next one. It gives him more to do and can probably be used to his full potential. There also needs be a supervillain for Spidey to fight while wearing the black suit. Unless people just wanna go 3/4's of the movie with no viable threat for him to fight. The final battle can have him almost killing the villain, but stops himself from doing so, and the police show up to arrest the villain.

I expect were going to see Green Goblin in the second film not the third in the fact that they are already showing Oscorp.They look like they are wisely following the pattern of Batman where Batman Begins had one of his lesser known villains as the villain and they wisely waited till the second film till they had him battle his arch enemy the joker.

I think they will wisely follow that pattern as well.after all The Lizard isnt near as populer a villain as doc oc,green goblin or Venom and they are doing the same thing having him be the first villain.I agree though that it would be cool to see The Enforcers team up with Green Goblin.that would be great.

If The scorpion makes an appearance,I think they would wait till the third though because I dont know why they are doing it this way and I dont like it,but when Connors turns into the lizard,he isnt going to have the white lab coat on anymore. mad so since that is the case and he will be all green,I can adjust to that but i dont like it,but since they ARE doing it that way,I would not look to see scorpion till the third film since he would look to similiar to The Lizard now that he wont have his lab coat on anymore.

thats one thing I am happy about is they seem to not be making the same kind of moronic changes in this movie like they made in the Raimi films.Like i said i dont like the change of conner not having the white lab coat on but it doesnt ruin and destory the credibility of the film like sm 1 did with that dreadful green goblin ALL green costume. sick Now lets just hope that sony doesn do what they did with that disgraceful sm 1 and have him know Gwen since grade school like he did with MJ. I have a good feeling this film wont do that though because they seem to be pushing all the right buttons this time.

Robtard
With the different movie studio's could work together instead of having their heads up their arse and focused on money.

If they wanted King Pin in a future ASM film, I can't imagine Marvel Studios couldn't be coaxed to rent the character to Marvel Entertainment, as they're a subsidiary and the Daredevil film isn't set in their highly lucrative 'Marvel Cinematic Universe'.

BruceSkywalker
take this for what its worth..

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/rumor-marc-webb-not-amazing-spider-man-sequel-%E2%80%9Cweb-spider-man%E2%80%9D-tarsem-singh-front-runner

DARTH POWER
I expect were going to see Green Goblin in the second film not the third in the fact that they are already showing Oscorp.They look like they are wisely following the pattern of Batman where Batman Begins had one of his lesser known villains as the villain and they wisely waited till the second film till they had him battle his arch enemy the joker.

What your saying makes sense. Only problem is because this is a reboot so soon after the originals, they really can't be repeating the same villains so soon. And they really used GG to the death in Ramai's trilogy.

So my guess would be that Oscorp being in the movie is leading us to Hobgoblin. And if they are thinking of Green Goblin, then I'm guessing it will be left until the end of the series- TAS3 maybe.

darthmaul1
I think Gwen does know that peter is spidey, cause he says to her "i created him, i have to stop him"

Also i think the missed the boat with the bridge scene, where spidey is holding onto the bumper of that car. That is frigin stupid, the bumper would break right of in 2 seconds. why not have him use his suction on the back door or at least hold onto the door through the widow. just not off a plastic crappy bumper.

stickman618
I think they might actually be setting up for Venom in future sequels. Though it might follow the Ultimate origin instead of Spidey going to space. The reason why I think this is because it shows Peter's dad involved in some kind of secret research, so they might even make changes to the Ultimate origin, but anything's got to be better than Raimi's random blob from space.

DARTH POWER
I think they might actually be setting up for Venom in future sequels. Though it might follow the Ultimate origin instead of Spidey going to space. The reason why I think this is because it shows Peter's dad involved in some kind of secret research, so they might even make changes to the Ultimate origin, but anything's got to be better than Raimi's random blob from space.

They're trying to set up a Venom spin-off. So good guess.

Kazenji
but anything's got to be better than Raimi's random blob from space.

I didn't mind the space origin that they used for the 90's cartoon with some astronauts checking out a asteroid without them knowing Venom lives within it.

BlackZero30x

well peter got the black suit from secret wars originally so I can almost grantee he wont get it that way. lol

In spectacular spider-man eddie brocks dad and peters dad worked together in creating it. so that could be it you never know.

DARTH POWER
So far reviews are looking good. But not Spectacular. Most the ones I've seen have given it 4/5. But Empire has only given it 3.

spidermanrocks

DARTH POWER
^ Lol I read that review as well.. I'm also really hyped for this movie. Can't wait now. I think critics liked S1 and comparing it to that. Whilst I wasn't too fond of S1, and am really looking forward to a more comic book Spidey smile

KCJ506
Originally posted by spidermanrocks
I've read some of the reviews. It seems most people are bashing the movie for stuff taken from the comics. Such as Spidey being a wisecracker, for example. I've been reading some reviews where they bashed that.

The majority of the people who complain about this, most likely only know Spider-man from the previous films. The comics and even the cartoons had him making wisecracks to his foes.

DARTH POWER
^ The wisecracks always made Spidey awsome. Something the Original flims really lacked.

But I think this will be a perfect balance, having a dark back story for him, but still making his wisecracks when he's out being Spidey.

Can't wait for this now.

Aquitaine
I didn't mind the space origin that they used for the 90's cartoon with some astronauts checking out a asteroid without them knowing Venom lives within it.

100% agree. Imagine that on screen! I thought the introduction of JJJ's son the astronaut in SPM2 set that up to be honest, but he just vanished in SPM3.

The astronauts discovering the lump of mineral rock (so and so many times more powerful than Uranium, but 100% clean on 'preliminary testing') in space, the goo attacking them and crashing onto the Hudson (?) bridge with cars flying off the bridge and teetering on the edge is a terrific intro.
If I remember correctly, the Kingpin and Smyth sent Rhino to retrieve the sample rock. That could have been a desperate on-the-run Sandman sent by Harry Osborne, after he is caught trying to break into Oscorp to find a cure he knows they have for his daughter. Harry wants to get revenge on Spidey with the new mineral's power.

...Right, my imagination is officially burnt out tonight, good night!

PS - Wisecracking rules! Spidey is a wisecracker. People who don't know the character wrote all the reviews. As for the pervert who wanted sexier screen gals in wet tops - grow up.

spidermanrocks
Anyone get the feeling the symbiote will be a cure for cancer in the reboot like in Ultimate instead of an alien like in the Amazing comics? The whole reboot seems to revolve around Peter looking for the truth behind his parents. Webb himself said this topic will continue in future sequels. Which means we will most likely get Ultimate Eddie Brock and the cure for cancer symbiote as opposed to classic Eddie Brock and the alien symbiote. Either that or we will get an alien symbiote that has been caught decades ago by NASA and Peter's parents have been studying to make a cure for cancer out of it before their deaths. But I find it unlikely they will go the space shuttle route.

However, I still think and hope that the symbiote acts like he did in Amazing and has the same properties. This meaning that it has a mind of its own, is weak to electromagnetic waves and fire, makes it user more aggresive and evil, etc. And I also hope that Eddie Brock, whether he will be based on his Ultimate or Amazing version, will still act like the Venom in Amazing and have a strong hatred for Spider-Man like in Amazing.

DARTH POWER
^ Yeah it won't just come from space in the movie. They've already done that (horrendously I know, but they can't just repeat stuff).

Also it might not be explored too much in the Spidey Movies. Maybe just referenced. They're setting it up for a Venom movie.

The cancer cure thing sounds the most likely considering these movies are supposed to be more in the "real world" than Ramais.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>