Amped Thor runs Superman Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
King Thor with the Odin Force runs the Superman Gauntlet.

Thor is restored to full power after every fight.

1. Current Steel
2. Supergirl & Powergirl
3. Kal-L (Earth 2 Superman)
4. Superman Blue
5. Mon-EL with Power Ring

If Thor makes it this far he gets the power of the Runes, then faces:

6. Kingdom Come Superman
7. Superman sundipped for 5 minutes
8. Cyborg Superman w/ all 10 Qwardian rings (Henshaw)
9. Superboy Prime w/ Power suit
10. Superman One Million (Kal Kent)

How far does he get?

JakeTheBank
He should get to 10. Between eyebeams which slagged Logan's skeleton and tore through Cap's shield and Desak-Destroyer Mjolnir tosses, he's going to make quick work of a lot of these opponents.

Galan007
Clears it.

JakeTheBank
Oh, shit, I totally did not see the Runes stipulation.

In that case, yeah, he clears it. Decisively.

zeel
think he clears it but starts haveing issues at 8.

jeremy327

vansonbee
Who thinks Superboy Prime should be above Superman one million? Not in abilities, but I can see prime plowing through One million.

RKT ftw

jeremy327

Harbinger
Originally posted by Galan007
Clears it.

Lord Feron
Odin force is already to be reckoned with but with runes lol. ****ing STEAL ROLLS THEM!!!

Cogito
I think Superman 1 Million is greater than Rune King Thor.

There, I said it.

Seriously though, the guy has insane feats. If we add speculation (some level of 5D imp powers), magic immunity, punching through time when he was too weak to do anything, holding back a galaxy, it's just absurd.

vatalius

wendigo369

Sin I AM
i have a hard time seeing him defeat one million or prime

nimbus006
Originally posted by vansonbee
Who thinks Superboy Prime should be above Superman one million? Not in abilities, but I can see prime plowing through One million.

RKT ftw

Originally posted by Cogito

Seriously though, the guy has insane feats. If we add speculation (some level of 5D imp powers), magic immunity, punching through time when he was too weak to do anything, holding back a galaxy, it's just absurd.

DickBlazer
Thor has far too many fanboys. He certainly won't clear it.

JakeTheBank
Do you think Odin would fail as well?

Newjak

There, I said it.

Seriously though, the guy has insane feats. If we add speculation (some level of 5D imp powers), magic immunity, punching through time when he was too weak to do anything, holding back a galaxy, it's just absurd. And RKT is > Odin, so there's that.

shield slash

shield slash

Galan007

There, I said it.

Seriously though, the guy has insane feats. If we add speculation (some level of 5D imp powers), magic immunity, punching through time when he was too weak to do anything, holding back a galaxy, it's just absurd. So what happens when Thor stops time?

carver9
Superman Blue stops him dead in his tracks.

dmils

Cogito
So what happens when Thor stops time?

Stop dissing my feelings with your logic. Characters like Superman 1M aren't logical cool

Anyways, the answer is: Superman punches him in the face

Uriel005
Originally posted by zeel
think he clears it but starts haveing issues at 8. I'd say 7 but sundip is a bit funky in quantifying just how strong supes gets from it. Only that it's absurd. I say he makes it to 10 and from there its a tossup.

Cogito

On a more serious note, the guy has a 5D imp ancestor and can punch through time. Not only that, he knew he could punch through time, he wasn't just flailing about randomly. I don't think time is an obstacle for him.

JakeTheBank
I don't see how a lot of these guys are going to tank King Thor's attacks based on what he's done with them. And Rune King Thor is beyond him.

Cogito
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I don't see how a lot of these guys are going to tank King Thor's attacks based on what he's done with them. And Rune King Thor is beyond him.

Cap's shield is more or less equal in durability to Superman.
SBP's HV cut straight through Superman and GLs
King Thor cut through Cap's shield.
Superman 1M >> SBP
RKT >> KT

Hard to make direct comparisons with that example, at least.

iceman24567
Prime should be above 1 million and Rkt does have the tools to beat Prime atleast for a majority

Cogito
There is no f'ing way Prime is above 1M

iceman24567
There is no f'ing way Prime is above 1M The featless wonder? The couple good feats he does have are suspect so f'ing suck it

Cogito
Has SBP ever created hypnotizing rain? Has he ever, in a severely weakened state punched through time? Has he ever used force vision to briefly hold back a galaxy?

He's tossed around planets, sure. That's really impressive, it is. But lets compare:

The Milky Way galaxy consists of 100 billion stars. Stars, not planets. many of those suns have planets hanging around. I'd keep going with the ridiculousness of comparing Prime to 1M, but if that isn't enough, nothing is.

iceman24567
Briefly hold back a galaxy how do you even weigh such a feat? Its almost on the level of Prime busting threw f'ing dimensions

Batman-Prime
IF he makes it past 4, which is arguable, he will have a very hard time with 7-9 and I'm not sure he can take 10 at full power.

S1M could sense that he is in a time loop and go to the 5th Dimension and Take Batman 1M with him. His 5D powers should give him the ability to handle it.

Galan007
On a more serious note, the guy has a 5D imp ancestor and can punch through time. Not only that, he knew he could punch through time, he wasn't just flailing about randomly. I don't think time is an obstacle for him. Epoch 'time looped' Superman 1M for a good while. If Epoch can do it, RKT can do it.

Cap's shield is more or less equal in durability to Superman.
SBP's HV cut straight through Superman and GLs
King Thor cut through Cap's shield.
Superman 1M >> SBP
RKT >> KT

Hard to make direct comparisons with that example, at least. Your love of Superman 1M pleases me, but your post literally defines ABC logic. wink

Has SBP ever created hypnotizing rain? Has he ever, in a severely weakened state punched through time? Has he ever used force vision to briefly hold back a galaxy?

He's tossed around planets, sure. That's really impressive, it is. But lets compare:

The Milky Way galaxy consists of 100 billion stars. Stars, not planets. many of those suns have planets hanging around. I'd keep going with the ridiculousness of comparing Prime to 1M, but if that isn't enough, nothing is. To be fair, Superman 1M only slowed the forward progress of that galaxy- by his own accord he could not stop it. Once Titano arrived, however, their cumulative powers were enough to stop the galaxy dead in its tracks.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
S1M could sense that he is in a time loop and go to the 5th Dimension and Take Batman 1M with him. His 5D powers should give him the ability to handle it. Putting Superman 1M in a time loop =/= stopping time around him completely. But even if Supes were able break free of Thor's time manipulation, I'm not convinced he could do so in a reasonable amount of time.

Cogito
Originally posted by iceman24567
Briefly hold back a galaxy how do you even weigh such a feat? Its almost on the level of Prime busting threw f'ing dimensions

Prime was guardian amped when he punched into the 5th dimension.

And as for how you weigh the feat, you just take it for what it is. It's not inconsistent with his character and other (nonexistant) portrayals

iceman24567
Prime was guardian amped when he punched into the 5th dimension.

And as for how you weigh the feat, you just take it for what it is. It's not inconsistent with his character and other (nonexistant) portrayals He punched his way out of the phantom zone and also got out the speed force I also assumed he was to fast for Bart to catch him

Galan007
Prime broke out of the phantom zone at standard levels, though- I think that's what iceman was talking about...

It appears he was. stick out tongue

Cogito
Your love of Superman 1M pleases me, but your post literally defines ABC logic. wink

More like A>B, C>D logic wink

To be fair, Superman 1M only slowed the forward progress of that galaxy- by his own accord he could not stop it. Once Titano arrived, however, their cumulative powers were enough to stop the galaxy dead in its tracks.
Well I just phrased that as "briefly held back".

Holding back half a galaxy is mighty impressive anywas.

Putting Superman 1M in a time loop =/= stopping time around him completely. But even if Supes was able break free of Thor's time manipulation, I'm not convinced he could do so in a reasonable amount of time.
The concept of not having enough time, when time is stopped, is baffling.

Batman-Prime
Epoch 'time looped' Superman 1M for a good while. If Epoch can do it, RKT can do it.

Putting Superman 1M in a time loop =/= stopping time around him completely. But even if Supes were able break free of Thor's time manipulation, I'm not convinced he could do so in a reasonable amount of time.

Yes but Epoch didn't attack him during the loop. Since S1M could break free of the loop without the need to do so, he showed at least that he has some ability to handle such things, same goes for his punch through time. Now, I don't doubt RKT can stop the time, but once he attacks S1M, who can tell if he wouldn't notice that the time is frozen around him immediately?

Cogito
Originally posted by iceman24567
He punched his way out of the phantom zone and also got out the speed force I also assumed he was to fast for Bart to catch him

My bad, my mind jumped to the instance where he pulled Mxy out.

I don't know how to compare escaping the Phantom Zone and Speed Force to punching through time, but I just don't see them being equal.

Regardless, Superman 1M's other feats are still significantly greater than anything Prime has done.

Edit: I just wanted to reiterate this: Right before 1M punched through time he stated that he had lost so much power he didn't have the ability to even use heat vision.

Galan007
More like A>B, C>D logic wink Not rly. wink

Well I just phrased that as "briefly held back".

Holding back half a galaxy is mighty impressive anywas. He didn't hold it back, though- he just slowed it's forward progress, briefly. Now don't get me wrong, even that is still a ridiculously impressive feat, considering the amount of power that would be required to, even minutely, slow the forward momentum of an entire galaxy (can you imagine the mass that would be packing)!?

At any rate, I don't think there's a way to accurately quantify how much of that galaxy Supes actually stopped by himself. After all, it took everything he had just to barely slow its forward momentum- then Titano arrives, applies his TK, and *poof* the galaxy stops dead in its tracks.

Point being: Titano may have stopped 90% of the galaxy, and Supes may have only stopped 10%. Who knows for sure?

The concept of not having enough time, when time is stopped, is baffling. Relative time, I mean. I'm not convinced Supes would be able to break free of RKT's time manip in a reasonable amount of relative time.

Edit: I just wanted to reiterate this: Right before 1M punched through time he stated that he had lost so much power he didn't have the ability to even use heat vision. Pfft, he was so weak by then that he couldn't even fly- yet he was still able to accurately punch his way through time until he arrived at a very specific date. Uber.

Cogito
Not rly. wink
ya rly. That was like the textbook definition of A>B, C>D
Prime HV> Superman, 1M > Prime
KT > Cap's Shield, RKT > KT

At any rate, I don't think there's a way to accurately quantify how much of that galaxy Supes was actually stopping by himself. After all, it took everything he had just to barely slow its forward momentum- then Titano arrives, applies his TK, and *poof* the galaxy stops dead in its tracks.

Point being: Titano may have been stopping 90% of the galaxy, and Supes may have only been stopping 10%. Who knows for sure?

erm

Let me get all touchy feely here for a second and ask: what does your heart tell you? Mine says 50/50

Galan007
ya rly. That was like the textbook definition of A>B, C>D
Prime HV> Superman, 1M > Prime
KT > Cap's Shield, RKT > KT g007-psyduck

erm

Let me get all touchy feely here for a second and ask: what does your heart tell you? Mine says 50/50 Well, despite Superman's absolute best efforts, he barely managed to slow the galaxy's forward progress. Once Titano arrived and applied his TK, the galaxy was stopped completely (and he didn't seem to struggle in the slightest.)

So tbh, my heart tells me Titano was responsible for stopping more of the galaxy. /shrug

Cogito
Well, despite Superman's absolute best efforts, he barely managed to slow the galaxy's forward progress. Once Titano arrived and applied his TK, the galaxy was stopped completely (and he didn't seem to struggle in the slightest.)

So tbh, my heart tells me Titano was responsible for stopping more of the galaxy. /shrug

shifty

I'm trying to compare to real life experiences. I think the addition of an equal amount of force can stop the momentum of something that wasn't stopping before. For example, some football (American football for you non-Americans) players can plow right through a single person blocking them but the addition of a second person stops them dead in their tracks.
Is the second person doing 90% of the work? No, probably more like 50/50.
/shrug

Galan007
shifty

I'm trying to compare to real life experiences. I think the addition of an equal amount of force can stop the momentum of something that wasn't stopping before. For example, some football (American football for you non-Americans) players can plow right through a single person blocking them but the addition of a second person stops them dead in their tracks.
Is the second person doing 90% of the work? No, probably more like 50/50.
/shrug Theoretical situation: an out of control train is moving at 60mph -- Spider-Man hops in front of the train in an effort to stop it -- after exerting every bit of power he can muster, Spidey only manages to slow the train down to 58mph -- then Superman comes to Spidey's aid, and all of the sudden the train stops dead in its tracks -- granted, Spidey helping would have ultimately made it easier for Superman (stopping a train moving at 58mph is easier than stopping a train moving at 60mph) but the fact still remains that Superman stopped the larger 'portion' of the train.

That is akin to how I view the galaxy feat. Supes may have been able to slow the galaxy's forward momentum a bit, but when Titano arrived and applied his power as well, the galaxy stopped moving completely. To me, it seems like he stopped the larger portion, but that's just my opinion.

Cogito
^ Meh

Cogito
Titano vs. RKT next?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uu55yGt0iu0/TJjhzc_WfgI/AAAAAAAAFP0/wviW7F4Ly8M/s1600/excited+smiley.png

Black bolt z
Clears it.

Galan007
Titano vs. RKT next?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_uu55yGt0iu0/TJjhzc_WfgI/AAAAAAAAFP0/wviW7F4Ly8M/s1600/excited+smiley.png Well, Titano does protect an entire galaxy, after all. shifty

Jk'ing. He'd get tooled by Thor as well.

hulios

hulios

Galan007
Originally posted by hulios
galan you are very wrong here, first of all the fact alone superman 1 million was trying to do it is intended to represent that doing such thing is within his own powers, if an astroid would try to crash earth would spider-man try to web it?? nop.. because he knows he cant do a crap, but the writers showing him doing it means its within his own powers

to adress more about the galaxy thing first of all it was moving so superman 1 million had not only to deal with holding the whole ape galaxy but also stop its momentum and he did it he was holding it but he couldnt do it for too long thats why titano came and together they did it, now logic tells us that 1 million did 95% of the work seing how he was already stopping it but then came titano and gave the other 5% to stop it dead and thats very clear ....Except Supes didn't stop the galaxy. He slowed it, yes (which, as I said, is a gargantuan feat in its own right), but he did not stop it completely.

Superman 1M: "Even I can't hold back the weight of an entire galaxy." -- Then Titano showed up, applied his TK in conjunction with Superman's FV, and the galaxy was stopped dead in its tracks. Take that how you will. wink

hulios

bruce norris

BattleMage
Clears it

h1a8
Originally posted by nimbus006
King Thor with the Odin Force runs the Superman Gauntlet.

Thor is restored to full power after every fight.

1. Current Steel
2. Supergirl & Powergirl
3. Kal-L (Earth 2 Superman)
4. Superman Blue
5. Mon-EL with Power Ring

If Thor makes it this far he gets the power of the Runes, then faces:

6. Kingdom Come Superman
7. Superman sundipped for 5 minutes
8. Cyborg Superman w/ all 10 Qwardian rings (Henshaw)
9. Superboy Prime w/ Power suit
10. Superman One Million (Kal Kent)

How far does he get?
Order is wrong
Stops at 2. if they decide to combo him to ko.

order is wrong for second gauntlet
6,7,9,10 can all combo him to ko before he can act.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
Order is wrong
Stops at 2. if they decide to combo him to ko.

order is wrong for second gauntlet
6,7,9,10 can all combo him to ko before he can act.

no expression

WTF at this.

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
no expression

WTF at this.

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud

It stopped being funny like two hundred posts ago. Now it just shows an alarming display of either ignorance or bias. I'm not sure which.

Tazer
Yo.

*haw-haw!!* Thor needs to be amped to run a Superman gauntlet...........

wink

Tazer

bathoven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.