Thanos with a Cosmic Cube runs the gauntlet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
No BFR allowed; how far does the mad titan get?

1) Depowered Tyrant...
2) Set...
3) Demogorge...
4) 2000ft Destroyer...
5) Peak Power Demogorge...
6) The Shaper of Worlds...
7) Peak Power Ion...
8) Kubik...
9) Arishem the Judge...

zopzop
Thanos + Cube was a universal level threat. At that time, Cubes were among, if not the, most powerful items in the universe. Since then, they've been powered down to being "below" Celestials.

If this was the Cube that appeared in the original story, Thanos kills the entire gauntlet combined. As of now?
IMHO :

1) toss up
2) "wins" by BFR but Cube is burnt out (same thing as Classic Strange backed by the power of his artifacts and the Cube vs Set)
3) Demo wins if Classic version
4) Thanos wins
5) what's peak power Demo?
6) toss up
7) no clue what Ion is capable of
8) toss up
9) Thanos loses if we go by on panel statements

Black bolt z
I'm pretty sure cosmic cubes are stronger than cube beings. SO I believe he would stop at 9, but i'm not 100% sure of some of the power levels of the some of the people on this list.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Peak Power Demo is probaly not entirely accurate; the most powerful version...the one who had eatten all the Hell Lords and all of Thors team...is who I am refering to here.

Demo by himself is just Demo who hasnt eatten any Gods...

zopzop
It's hard, in general, to come up with concrete answers. The way power levels fluctuate throughout the years, it's really just best guesses and opinions.

For example :
A Cosmic Cube was drained dry merely BFRing Set from this universe and only then backed by the power of Classic Dr. Strange's artifacts (because when they were lost and his spell weaken, Set was free to contact Earth again). This happened 8 or so years after the story of Thanos using a Cube to basically make himself a universal threat.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Peak Power Demo is probaly not entirely accurate; the most powerful version...the one who had eatten all the Hell Lords and all of Thors team...is who I am refering to here.

Demo by himself is just Demo who hasnt eatten any Gods...

Wouldn't that be his Atum form then?

TheLordofMurder
I suppose so... smile

In the future, I'll just use Atum opposed to using "regular" Demogorge...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I'm pretty sure cosmic cubes are stronger than cube beings. SO I believe he would stop at 9, but i'm not 100% sure of some of the power levels of the some of the people on this list.

Cosmic Cubes are potentially stronger; just depends on who's weilding them...

celestialdemon
Can beat everyone except for 9. I'm not sure about 7 though. Don't know enough about Ion.

vansonbee
Stops at 9

King Kandy
9, I suppose.

guy222

Utrigita
If it's the same Cosmic Cube Thanos used to usurp Eternity's position, I think he clears it. If it's a random Cosmic Cube I think he stops at 9.

Harbinger

rotiart
Zopzops arguments seem to be followin my train of thinking so I'll vote however he votes in this thread. :-P

Although I still think of the redskull/Korvac/captain America stirrings which showed how powerful a cube was....

But the recent starlord annihilation story arc didn't impress as much about a cubes over all levels.

Colossus-Big C
if its a random cosmic cube it stops dead at #2.
logically if set can rival a cosmic, then demogorge can consume it

it has happen on panel

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
No BFR allowed; how far does the mad titan get?

1) Depowered Tyrant...
2) Set...
3) Demogorge...
4) 2000ft Destroyer...
5) Peak Power Demogorge...
6) The Shaper of Worlds...
7) Peak Power Ion...
8) Kubik...
9) Arishem the Judge...

Based on actual feats the list would be ordered like this

1) Depowered Tyrant...
2) 2000ft Destroyer...
3) The Shaper of Worlds...
4) Peak Power Ion...
5) Kubik...
6) Arishem the Judge...
7) Set...
8) Demogorge...

Set punked the hell out of Tiamut, Then a cosmic cube was completely burnt out when dr strange used it to bfr him

Demogorge is logically more powerful than set

Gecko4lif
Should get to 7

TheLordofMurder
@Big-C...

Going by feats alone, Kubik beats Demogorge and everyone else on that list; Kubik reality warped an entire universe...

Very few characters in all of comics have equaled or exceeded that feat...

King Kandy
Originally posted by Utrigita
If it's the same Cosmic Cube Thanos used to usurp Eternity's position, I think he clears it. If it's a random Cosmic Cube I think he stops at 9.
You know that cube was the same one used by red skull, AIM, etc...

KuRuPT Thanosi
How would he stop at 9... Eternity gives birth to Celestials.. Thanos dominates Eternity....

Sundipped

I believe the maximum power that can be obtained depends on willpower. Thats why Thanos achieved more.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
How would he stop at 9... Eternity gives birth to Celestials.. Thanos dominates Eternity....

Well Kubik did once state that a lone Celestial was "several orders of magnitude" more powerful than itself...

Based on feats, that statement stinks of PIS, but it may infact be Marvels way of retconning Cosmic Cubes/Cube Beings; if this is indeed what has happened, then a CCU will no longer allow Thanos or anyone else to beat Eternity or any Celestial...

I personally dont believe "non-unique" items should have the ability to make one almighty...

Powerful? Sure.

Very powerful if the item has an intelligent, creative, strong willed user (like Thanos) at the helm? Absolutely.

But powerful enough to defeat Eternity and Celestials? Shouldnt be happening...IMHO.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
I believe the maximum power that can be obtained depends on willpower. Thats why Thanos achieved more.

If true, that makes Set's performance against it even better. Keep in mind it was the combined willpower of Thing, Scarlet Witch, Spider-man and Classic Dr. Strange.

King Kandy
Thanos's willpower is way over theirs.

guy222
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

yet the celestials, watchers and the horde serve the mysterious fulcrum good friend

Cogito
Classic Ion is way above a cosmic cube

King Kandy
Originally posted by Cogito
Classic Ion is way above a cosmic cube
Why?

Cogito
Uh, taking a tour through his respect thread (and ZH Parallax's too, whom he is more powerful than) would be easier than listing the reasons here

King Kandy
No, you brought it up. Justify it.

Cogito
Creating and destroying universes was easy for Classic Ion and ZH Parallax. Classic Ion had the ability to make massive changes to the past without affecting the future. He was roughly Spectre's equal in power (and Spectre > CCU)...

King Kandy
Creating and destroying universes was easy for Classic Ion and ZH Parallax. Classic Ion had the ability to make massive changes to the past without affecting the future. He was roughly Spectre's equal in power (and Spectre > CCU)...
Creating and destroying universes is easy for a cosmic cube as well...

Mindset
Creating and destroying universes was easy for Classic Ion and ZH Parallax. Classic Ion had the ability to make massive changes to the past without affecting the future. He was roughly Spectre's equal in power (and Spectre > CCU)... Spectre is one of the worst characters to gauge power by.

Utrigita

I was under the impression that the Cosmic Cubes different levels of power was depending on their level of maturity and as such self imposed limitations (as also explained by Mephisto). For instance Goddess with her 30 cubes couldn't defeat Eternity and Infinity while Magus with 5 cosmic cubes (which the Goddess later stole and added) could easily accomplish said feat. Goddess also iirc needed the cubes in order to gain the required telepathic power to bypass the limitations of the Cubes, but granted it's been years since I read it.

Sundipped
I was under the impression that the Cosmic Cubes different levels of power was depending on their level of maturity and as such self imposed limitations (as also explained by Mephisto). For instance Goddess with her 30 cubes couldn't defeat Eternity and Infinity while Magus with 5 cosmic cubes (which the Goddess later stole and added) could easily accomplish said feat. Goddess also iirc needed the cubes in order to gain the required telepathic power to bypass the limitations of the Cubes, but granted it's been years since I read it.

Mephisto may have been right but wasn't the cube Thanos had the same 1 Red Skull had used? Maybe Thanos just had bigger plans or willpower.

How else do you explain Magus being able to compete with abstracts with only 5 cubes as opposed to Goddess struggling with 30?

zopzop

According to a later issue of Quasar, Magus only managed to comatose a Manifestation Body of Eternity. Eternity has an infinite amount of M-bodies. During that same issue where they show the one Magus comatosed, there were other ones fully conscious and conducting business as usual.

In the infamous Eternity/Infinity scan, they even brag that the Magus was an idiot to think he could so easily imprison an abstract, that the universe wasn't divided into little manageable sections for his convenience :

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/cosblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/InfinityWar-6.jpg

Utrigita
Mephisto may have been right but wasn't the cube Thanos had the same 1 Red Skull had used? Maybe Thanos just had bigger plans or willpower.

How else do you explain Magus being able to compete with abstracts with only 5 cubes as opposed to Goddess struggling with 30?

I don't believe so, I recall the Red Skull having the same cube as the one Doom and Magneto had or maybe I'm thinking of another incident.

The increased maturity of each individual cube and as a result a restriction in the amount of power, it would also at the same time explain why a Cosmic Cube in one scenario can defeat Eternity and the next a fully matured Cosmic cube says he is dust next to Eternity. Goddess was very clear in her wish to obtain a greater level of telepathy in order to bypass the self imposed limitations the cubes had made on themselves. Also I think, Goddess history taken into consideration, that she should be capable of handling the Cubes to around Magus level, which wasn't at all the case.

Utrigita
Originally posted by zopzop
According to a later issue of Quasar, Magus only managed to comatose a Manifestation Body of Eternity. Eternity has an infinite amount of M-bodies. During that same issue where they show the one Magus comatosed, there were other ones fully conscious and conducting business as usual.

In the infamous Eternity/Infinity scan, they even brag that the Magus was an idiot to think he could so easily imprison an abstract, that the universe wasn't divided into little manageable sections for his convenience :

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/cosblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/InfinityWar-6.jpg

It's rather irrelevant how many M-bodies Eternity has at his disposal if he is denied access to them by the cosmic cubes. Eternity didn't just relocate. Then it's strange that the majority of the Infinity War was about freeing Eternity in order to get his approval of the Gems being reactivated if he was conscious elsewhere.

zopzop
It's rather irrelevant how many M-bodies Eternity has at his disposal if he is denied access to them by the cosmic cubes. Eternity didn't just relocate. Then it's strange that the majority of the Infinity War was about freeing Eternity in order to get his approval of the Gems being reactivated if he was conscious elsewhere.

But that's exactly what went down. In that very same issue where Quasar finds "Eternity" comatose, there are OTHER M-bodies of Eternity running around doing things, fully conscious!

King Kandy

That was so not what happened. In the quasar comic they even say Magus has imprisoned the spirit of eternity. The other ones were just stored reflections, repeating things they had already done.

zopzop
Originally posted by King Kandy
The other ones were just stored reflections, repeating things they had already done.

The M-bodies were interacting with Quasar and the Contemplator. The LT's M-body even tells them to begone.

King Kandy
The M-bodies were interacting with Quasar and the Contemplator. The LT's M-body even tells them to begone.
There's only one LT, he doesn't count.

Mr Master

That was so not what happened. In the quasar comic they even say Magus has imprisoned the spirit of eternity. The other ones were just stored reflections, repeating things they had already done.
thumb up

Utrigita
But that's exactly what went down. In that very same issue where Quasar finds "Eternity" comatose, there are OTHER M-bodies of Eternity running around doing things, fully conscious!

What KK said.

zopzop

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1999/quasar3716.th.jpghttp://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5241/quasar3718.th.jpghttp://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6528/quasar3719.th.jpg http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8539/quasar3723.th.jpg

They interrupted the Adam Warlock trial that had ended before the Infinity War event took place. Yet the LT is referring to it in the present tense. This M-body of Eternity is alive and well and ignores Quasar. They then move on to find another more talkative one and that's when they encounter the comatose M-body. The Contemplator even says "THIS ASPECT OF ETERNITY is in the grip of some powerful force".

The M-body at the Trial was fully conscious and aware of Quasar and Contemplator's presence, he just ignored them. Just like Infinity's M-body did later on.

Also notice Anomaly is alive and well despite having been "killed" by Maelstrom. Quasar correctly stated that it was merely a M-body that Maelstrom killed.

Mr Master
Those other M-bodies are reflections of the past ... they're meaningless.

It was stated in that arc.

This is why Quasar was looking for the present M-body of Eternity,
which is what pertains to significance concerning Eternity's spirit.

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t/8330126_ETE.jpg

"This Aspect is of right vintage" ... so what's happening to it is going on right now"

M-body's are made of "Fractals" ...
so a billion M-bodies hanging out in the Dimension of Manifestations means nothing.

Fractals can take any form they wish.

All that matters is where Eternity's consciousness/spirit resides.

In "Fractal" form (M-body) that would be the one that coincides with the present.

Also notice Anomaly is alive and well despite having been "killed" by Maelstrom. Quasar correctly stated that it was merely a M-body that Maelstrom killed.
Anomaly is alive and well because Maelstrom lost his status as the Concept.

So, just like Eternity returned to his place as a Concept
after Thanos lost his position as the new Eternity.
so the original Anomaly consciousness returned to its proper place aswell.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr Master
Fractals can take any form they wish.

All that matters is where Eternity's consciousness/spirit resides.

In "Fractal" form (M-body) that would be the one that coincides with the present.

"Eternity is so transfinite there are NUMEROUS manifestations of him here." ONE was in a coma.
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8260/quasar3715.th.jpg

Then how do you explain this?
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5241/quasar3718.th.jpg http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/8968/quasar3721.th.jpg

Quasar himself states "Must have been a M-body he slew". Otherwise the other panel makes no sense; Anomaly says "I recently learned you invoked my attributes without my permission". How could he have asked Anomaly for permission if Anomaly was supposedly DEAD at the time and Maelstrom was the new Anomaly?

Furthermore when the Cosmos in Collision even was over and Death/Oblivion were bartering with Eternity/Infinity over who keeps who, Anomaly's name isn't mentioned. Yet everyone else that died : Eon, Maelstrom, Makkari, etc... were mentioned and bartered over. And don't give me the "Anomaly is a concept" crap because so is Eon and he was mentioned in their discussions.

Mr Master

"Eternity is so transfinite there are NUMEROUS manifestations of him here." ONE was in a coma.
Again, those manifestations are NOT Eternity's spiritual consciousness.

The scan you're using clearly tells us those are M-bodies used in the past:

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8330199_ETE1.jpg

The one in the coma is the only one of significance cause it pertains to the present.

Quasar even asked one of those past reflections (Fractals) for the whereabouts of Eternity.

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8330200_ETE2.jpg

"the Spiritual Entity you" (fractals) "represent"

The "Spirit/Consciousness" of Eternity lies within the M-body of the present.

And tis scan sums it up clearly:

http://s3d4.turboimagehost.com/t/8330201_Etet3.jpg

"This is the most recent manifestation of Eternity"

"You mean this one corresponds to something that is going on in the Universe NOW"

Then how do you explain this?

Quasar himself states "Must have been a M-body he slew". Otherwise the other panel makes no sense; Anomaly says "I recently learned you invoked my attributes without my permission". How could he have asked Anomaly for permission if Anomaly was supposedly DEAD at the time and Maelstrom was the new Anomaly?
The current M-body becomes the sentience/power of the Concept it represents.

Anomaly was reprimanding Quasar for what he had done without his approval,
but then again, Quasar had no choice since Anomaly was incognito while Maelstrom played his role.

Furthermore when the Cosmos in Collision even was over and Death/Oblivion were bartering with Eternity/Infinity over who keeps who, Anomaly's name isn't mentioned. Yet everyone else that died : Eon, Maelstrom, Makkari, etc... were mentioned and bartered over. And don't give me the "Anomaly is a concept" crap because so is Eon and he was mentioned in their discussions.
And?

zopzop
Originally posted by Mr Master
Again, those manifestations are NOT Eternity's spiritual consciousness.

Then WHY would Anthromorpho tell Quasar that a transfinite being like Eternity has MANY M-bodies, if the "most recent" one is the one that counts? Why even bring it up? Just point him to the "real" one.

IF Quasar "HAD NO CHOICE" then why would Anomaly even take issue with it, since he was, you know, DEAD?

What do you mean "And?", If Anomaly was DEAD as you say, why weren't they arguing over who keeps him. Eon, himself an abstract, was killed by Maelstrom (just like Anomaly was supposedly killed by him) and they were bartering over his "soul", just like they were over Maelstrom, Makkari, etc.. No, the only reason, NOT to mention him, was because Anomaly was NOT dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.