Adult Link (Ocarina of Time) Versus The Colossi (Shadow of the Colossus)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
Been thinking of a way to use the Colossi for a while now, and this seems like it would be a neat little gauntlet. Do forgive my artistic license, but I thought some flavor would be a nice change of pace.

Premise: In an alternate timeline, Ganondorf has slain Zelda, Princess of Hyrule, and Link manages to take her body to the Temple of Time, beyond the fields of Hyrule, where it will remain in stasis. In order to return life to the princess, Link must locate and slay the sixteen Colossi, empowered here by the Triforce.

Conditions: Link may battle the Colossi in any order he wishes. After each victory, the power of the triforce will infuse itself within him, and he will be transported back to the Temple of Time where it will transfer to Zelda's body.

Equipment: Link carries the Master Sword, which he can use to locate the Colossi and find their weak points. He also has his bow. Epona will carry him through the vast lands in search of the massive beasts.

So, can the Hero of Time revive the Princess of Hyrule?

Nemesis X
So in this gauntlet, Link is like Wanderer but stronger, faster, and more durable and is fighting giants who lost to an ordinary human? I think it's obvious who wins this.

XanatosForever
I would hesitate on calling Wander an ordinary human, but I see your point. Fine, how about this: The Colossi have no weak points, so Link's got to find a way to whittle them down with no easy "win" button.

The Scenario
I really need to get my hands on this game.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I would hesitate on calling Wander an ordinary human, but I see your point. Fine, how about this: The Colossi have no weak points, so Link's got to find a way to whittle them down with no easy "win" button.

I think the only thing he can do is repeatedly stab the collosi in their fleshy parts and/or spam arrows at said parts. Doubt he can do anything else when he's limited to only a sword and a bow. I think all the bow will do is piss 'em off and I doubt it'll do anything beyond that unless Link were to have a light arrow or something equivelent with him and going by ScreamPaste logic, the Master Sword should automatically kill all of them since there's a piece of an evil deity in each of the colossi but since that's only theoretical, let's not go there. I think the only thing Link can do is try to make the collosi suffer from blood loss while repeatedly stabbing them in the fleshy bits. I would think Link could use his strength to knock them down a lot but since Link used gauntlets while lifting a pillar of granite, I'm not sure although I am certain he can knock over one of those bull-sized ones.

Burning thought
What Nemesis said sounds about right, if they dont have weak spots then the fleshy parts should be damaged slowly to kill them.

BloodRain
Its not auto-kill, its just more effective. IMO this power would make most places Link stabs be like what a weak point would be for Wander.

His strength without Gauntlets is... iffy. He's able to push 100 ton blocks but can't lift the 10 ton rocks until he has the Silver Gauntlets. This strength can take down the buffalo ones and that frog-like one. The others outclass him in strength.

Eventually he'll take them down.

Burning thought
Well tbh, they cannot do much once you get hold of them or get on them. Just shake their fur and hope you get knocked off.

BloodRain
Or shoot little beams at you or something like that. Doesnt look like the Collossi have much against people above normal human levels.

XanatosForever
Yeah, I know it was a long shot, but I just think they're so freakin' awesome. I'll have to think better to find somewhere I could use them. mmm

NemeBro
How like a Monk, to Necro a failed thread.

MooCowofJustice
Could use Monkey from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nemesis X
So in this gauntlet, Link is like Wanderer but stronger, faster, and more durable and is fighting giants who lost to an ordinary human? I think it's obvious who wins this.

Ordinary human?

Even bare handed rock climbers would have trouble climbing up some of the colossi, seeing hair/fur doesn't really give you a firm grip like rock would.. He'd need super human strength just to keep his grip, let alone climb as fast as he did, plus he'd need high endurance. And that's not taking into account their efforts to knock him off.

And by all rights, he should have died every time a colossus fell with him on it..

Anyways, he also had a magic ability to spot their weak points. Without this ability. I'm not sure how Link is going to beat them..

If we spotted him this ability, than sure, he can win.

Demonic Phoenix
Wander's far from ordinary, but he's not Link either.

Anyway, if Link battles them in any order, and he decides to go after Malus, the last Colossi, he likely loses Epona. If he does this before facing any of the Colossi where the horse's speed will be needed, then he's done. excellent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.