Full Potential??? (Marvel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who out of the following would be the most badass if written at full potential or who would you like to see written at full potential?

Hulk
Skaar
Sentry
Ghost Rider
Iceman
Ares
Apocalypse
Magneto
Cable

Feel free to add others

Please discuss

psycho gundam
apocalypse easily

all the rest have large indications of what they are capable of (minus ares*), villains, especially apocalypse stay getting the shaft

ares is just simply not powerful. he doesn't really seem to be better than what he shows, and doesn't have the mindset to get better at what he's supposed to represent. only a complete overhaul of the character can fix him

Harbinger
Sentry/Void's supposed to be some Death God or some such shit, so probably him.

Personally, I'd love to see Apoc written to full potential given the Celestial tech he has.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Anyone but Sentry. no expression

SamZED
Originally posted by Harbinger
Sentry/Void's supposed to be some Death God or some such shit, so probably him.
Vote Sentry as well. He's got plenty of crazy feats but he never lived up to that title. And it was made clear that he's never displayed his true potential.

CosmicComet
Definitely Apocalypse.

Sentry's hype was bigger though, but he was never ever going to show the power of a million exploding suns or anything like that.

That's pretty much skyfather territory.

Cogito
Define "Badass"?

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Cogito
Define "Badass"?

Overall powerful, combo of powers & abilities, ability to curbstomp opponents

byrdgang21
I shoulda added Nova Prime & Super Skrull

Simbon
At full potential nothing could stop the hulk. He'd cripple Eternity with a thunderclap and bang Infinity right in front of him.

Mindset
Ghost Rider.

vansonbee
Hulk whamming on Thor in a event arc thumb up

Sentry - so many abilities, origins, and especially a demon crab like image should do more than what shown.

the ninjak
People just didn't get the point of Sentry/Void.

GR Unleashed is the personification of Vengeance and such a being had no business showing it's power in the physical realm regularly.

Poccy wins this thread. Thanos was impressed by Poccy and considered him a rival! The way I see Apocalypse's jobbing is the simple fact that he is absolutely insane and doesn't want to just kill every mutant who stands up to him otherwise he'll kill all those he perceives must inherit the Earth.

scyven
The Egyptian Magician aka Apocalypse most absolutely

JakeTheBank
If we take all the hyperbole at face value and believe everything at face value (which we shouldn't), probably Sentry. A single exploding sun would have been nice to see, let alone a million.

I'd much rather see a fully powered/competent Apocalypse, though.

dmills
It's not so much about potential with Apocalypse as it is competence. We know what he can do, its only a matter if him doing it. There's no hidden power that hasn't been tapped or anything like that

dmills
Originally posted by byrdgang21
I shoulda added Nova Prime & Super Skrull

As a long time fan that'd be a dream come true for me. We should be seeing Loeb force Nova debut sometime at the end of the year. We'll see how that goes.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Definitely Apocalypse.

Sentry's hype was bigger though, but he was never ever going to show the power of a million exploding suns or anything like that.

That's pretty much skyfather territory. Just going by on panel stuff, he schooled Molecule Man.

Cube Beings > Skyfathers

I agree that he has way to many low showings to suddenly pull such a feat, but it happened though.

As for the thread: Apocalypse & Iceman

Sentry/Void (mostly Sentry, Void pretty much always was a competent Team Wrecker) actually just needs to get rid of all his low showings and stuff

Uriel005
Absolon Mercator

Simbon
Originally posted by dmills
As a long time fan that'd be a dream come true for me. We should be seeing Loeb force Nova debut sometime at the end of the year. We'll see how that goes.

Loeb force nova? Good god you must be excited.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Not on the list, but I'd like to see Galactus written right again.

Simbon
Jokes about hulk aside, I agree that Apocalypse would be by far the most interesting to see written at full potential. Will probably never happen though.

Colossus-Big C
hulk doesnt have a full potential

Lord Feron
I want Iron Fist to go SSJ4!!!!

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I want Iron Fist to go SSJ4!!!!

You want Danny to be depowered?

biscuits

dmills
Originally posted by Simbon
Loeb force nova? Good god you must be excited.

I have mixed thoughts about it. On on hand Loeb will bring a higher profile to the character. On the other hand I'd be put off if he has Nova just owning the shyte out of everyone. I'd be happy with him giving Richie enough showings to firmly establish him as a top flight high herald. No more of this tweener bs. Also an origin story on what the nova force is and how the Xandarians discovered how to harness its energies would be cool.

celestialdemon
I'd have to say Apocalypse. His powerset combined with Celestial Tech should make him a devastating villain.

Mindship
Hulk
Sentry
Surfer
Iceman

Lord Feron
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You want Danny to be depowered?

biscuits
stick out tongue Jake-ass!

golem370
Thanos Juggernaut Kurse Cannonball Celestials

Brockalizer
Captain America vs Batman written to their full potentials would be badass.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I'd have to say Apocalypse. His powerset combined with Celestial Tech should make him a devastating villain.

If apocalypse could get away from the X-men it would do him a world of good.

Harbinger
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
If apocalypse could get away from Marvel it would do him a world of good. Fixed. I'm convinced that Apoc will always be a small time villain so long as he's a Marvel character. If he were in the DCU, he'd be a planetary threat at the very least.

Eternal Idol
Apocalypse. His powerset and Celestial tech should make him a cosmic-level threat, or at least a global threat.

dmills
I'd like to see the Sphinx written to his potential as a true super villain. Someone with his power level should be a serious threat to the MU.

Simbon
Originally posted by dmills
I'd like to see the Sphinx written to his potential as a true super villain. Someone with his power level should be a serious threat to the MU.

PKGX9tdPeN0

Sin I AM
iceman written to his full potential should be able to stop time

byrdgang21
Originally posted by Sin I AM
iceman written to his full potential should be able to stop time

Really?? I did not know that. How so?? Explain

Brockalizer
Sabastian Shaw has a lot of unused potential. What be be really cool is if they started a new series with Thanos or Darkseid in the same manner as they did with Superman on Smallville.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Really?? I did not know that. How so?? Explain

he doesnt just create ice, he slows kinetic energy to the point where ice forms...at his "best" he should be able to stop all kinetic movement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.