Battleship

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Loosly based on the boardgame

yRQZHmxpFeI

Nemesis X
Here's a link to the trailer since the one above isn't working:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/battleship-changes-game-first-trailer-premiere-162012802.html

Myth
Where the F did that Transformer come from? lol.

I won't be seeing this. Looks like poo.

Esau Cairn
"Alex has a rebellious streak living in the shadow of his older brother."

Oh dear lord...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/battleship-changes-game-first-trailer-premiere-162012802.html

Well it was working

Mr. Rhythmic
I want to see this. This looks like a failure type of film that'll be great for laughs.

Esau Cairn
I saw an interview with Liam Neeson recently where he was asked about his role in Battleship...

Neeson's face went totally blank then apologised for not remembering what he actually did in the movie.

He shrugged his shoulders & commented that "some roles you just do to pay the bills."

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
I want to see this. This looks like a failure type of film that'll be great for laughs.

I know, from the trailer you can see the lack of quality... but still that thing coming out of the water and all hell breaking loose on the sea could be kinda fun to see.

I have this electronic Battleship game in the house, still works too as long as I can find some big batteries. The pieces are all still there amazingly...

S_D_J
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I saw an interview with Liam Neeson recently where he was asked about his role in Battleship...

Neeson's face went totally blank then apologised for not remembering what he actually did in the movie.

He shrugged his shoulders & commented that "some roles you just do to pay the bills."

links?

that sounded hilarious laughing

ADarksideJedi
The game was alot of fun but I doubt it that the movie would be!

jaden101
The question is...Will it be as bad as Skyline?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Myth
Where the F did that Transformer come from? lol.

I won't be seeing this. Looks like poo.

the ninjak

It's like when Dennis Hopper was interviewed for Mario Bros and he said "Hey, I had to buy my kids Nikes."

ADarksideJedi
I liked the Mario bros movie!

the ninjak
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
I liked the Mario bros movie!

big grin But you can see Hopper's point of view. The man was a genius.

Patient_Leech

laughing laughing Liam Neeson is awesome.

I just watched the trailer for this and I am cursing Michael Bay for his influence in hollywood. But I will say, I totally did not see it coming when the ship turned into a transformer 'n sh*t. I guess that's probably what they were going for. But yeah, f**k this movie.

ADarksideJedi
Yea I do but I still love that movie!

BruceSkywalker
i hope at some point during battleship someone says "you sank my battleship"

Patient_Leech
This article about Battleship made me chuckle: laughing

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/news/battleship-movie-exists.php

jaden101
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

laughing laughing "It's why the terrorists are winning"...classic.

Patient_Leech
This was one of my favorite lines...

Originally posted by Something Awful
Things can fly at your face now. You can literally have Shrek blast jizzloads in your face or whatever it is he does to make people buy tickets to his nightmare circus.

laughing laughing

Mairuzu
Thought that shit was the bermuda triangle

steverules_2
ugh3

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by S_D_J
links?

that sounded hilarious laughing

The Graham Norton Show.

English talk-show.

Mr. Rhythmic

http://www.tonyrogers.com/humor/images/owned/owned9wz.jpg

srankmissingnin
I think Peter Berg is a good director. I really liked The Rundown, and I thought that The Kingdom and Handcock were flawed yet decent movies. I don't care for sports movies, but I think Friday Night Lights was pretty well received? I also thought that the pilot Berg directed for that Ron Moore sci-fi show that never got picked up (Fox thought it would be a good idea to air the thing on the Friday Transformers 2 came out... smart) was awesome. I'm not sure who is writing the script for this but if it is serviceable I'm confident that Berg will make an enjoyable film. A better Battle LA with less cliche characters and stilted alpha male dialogue maybe?

Kazenji
Yeah that Battle LA had heaps of cliche's......even tho i slighty enjoyed it

speaking of that movie and cliche's
http://www.screened.com/not-on-my-watch-battle-los-angeles/128-732/

Kazenji
New trailer and poster

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=85017

RE: Blaxican
Better trailer.

Looks like a good n' proper popcorn flick.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
New trailer and poster

will see this, however it appears to be transformers on the ocean

Kazenji
The human element seems to be done better when compared to Transformers.

siriuswriter
I just saw the trailer in front of a video.

I can't believe they made this film. I can't believe they were desperate enough to try to make a film out of "Battleship." What's next, "Connect Four?"

Kazenji
Originally posted by siriuswriter

I can't believe they made this film. I can't believe they were desperate enough to try to make a film out of "Battleship." What's next, "Connect Four?"

Or as one of the comments in that comingsoon.net link said

To be fair, this seems to be Battleship in relation to the game, only in name. There is literally like, nothing in this movie that is in common with the game. It's "Battleship the game turned into a movie" in the same vein that "Pirates of the Caribbean the Ride was turned into a movie". And no one ever complains about that.

siriuswriter
Dude, there could have been a perfectly presentable movie based off "Battleship." C'mon, an unknown enemy blasts bombs at the US Naval Services? Who made the bombs, where are they coming from, why are they so accurate? Is it terrorists or some crazy pacifist group? Spies and lies and red herrings? Gives the phrase "You sunk my battleship!" a WHOLE new meaning.

We all know it'll turn out that the Russians or the Iranians did it. C'mon gal.

Patient_Leech
New trailer and poster

I still think this looks like a colossal Michael Bay-wannabe cow turd. And I am still wondering why the magnificent Lian Neeson is in it when he could be doing Taken II. erm

Liam Neeson explained why he's in it, in an interview. To quote him, "Sometimes, you just take a roll to pay the bills."

roughrider
New trailer and poster

So they backed out of making a movie of Halo...but they did this.

Looks like next year's Godzilla, to me.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by siriuswriter

Well long before I heard Battleship was to become a movie....MONOPOLY was rumoured as well.

Kazenji
Well they've already done Cludo.

roughrider
Originally posted by roughrider

Looks like next year's Godzilla, to me.

I remember the first teaser for Godzilla - the giant leg crashing through the museum ceiling and crushing the T-rex skeleton. It was a clear attempt to brand itself after Jurassic Park.
The second trailer for this says "From Hasbro the company that brought you Transformers" - you might as well say "Hey, no Transformers movie next year but we're the next best thing! Come on out!"

Myth
Just checking in because I saw a newer trailer. .... still looks like poo.

siriuswriter
Well long before I heard Battleship was to become a movie....MONOPOLY was rumoured as well.
There are possibilities with MONOPOLY. Like a Wall Street type movie, embezzlement, blackmail, real estate market, decline in real estate market. If there were a story about the people who don't have the monopoly and are stuck in low-technology areas [i'm thinking a little too much of "Firefly" right here..."

These trailers are stimulation overload. I'd turn giddy a fourth a way through the movie; I'd be mad by the time the credits rolled.

Kazenji
2nYGxit86Ok

Patient_Leech
Wow, that showed a lot more. Still looks like Michael Bay wannabe bullshit, though. Which will no doubt rake in tons of $dough$

siriuswriter
Well that was a helluva lot more destructive.

*still can't believe they're making this film.*

marwash22
Wow, that showed a lot more. Still looks like Michael Bay wannabe bullshit, though. Which will no doubt rake in tons of $dough$ hater.

how come no one ever says "James Cameron wannabe bullshit"? They make the same movies!

Patient_Leech
James Cameron blows, too. Avatar was simplistic bullshit.

marwash22
cool.

just annoys me when people single out Bay for making entertaining movies like he's the only one who goes action over substance... or act as if they don't actually enjoy it.

ares834
Originally posted by marwash22
hater.

how come no one ever says "James Cameron wannabe bullshit"? They make the same movies!

Because it looks just like Transformers... Also Cameron has Aliens and T2 under his belt. Bay has nothing nearly as good.

Armageddon was as good as T2.

Come at me. The black guy lived in Armageddon, that alone is enough to make it as good. uhuh

Kazenji

So Cameron makes a movie thats avarage or shit according to some folks and so he's compared to Michael Bay........yeah erm

when he has all these films under his belt

The Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, True Lies, Titanic,

Esau Cairn

Every big budget movie follows a set formula.
A to B to C. Roll credits

With Avatar, Cameron stuck to the formula & decided not to let any sub-plots de-track from the story.

Avatar sacrificed plot for pure visuals.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by marwash22
hater.

because James Cameron movies actually have a story, character development and don't rely solely on explosions

marwash22
sure.

The Big O
I heard about a Chutes & Ladders movie, as well. SMH!!!

But if this movie turns out to be good, I'll see a bootleg.

Kazenji
Lol......someone actually made a game of this movie for the 360 and PS3

so a movie based on a board game that gets a game from it.

The Big O
Now if that isn't redundant, I have no clue what is.

marwash22
they make video games based on movies based on video games all the time.

The Big O
A list would be nice. Just for my records.

jinXed by JaNx
This movie will do well because people are goddamn impressionable and stupid.

marwash22
gonna by two tickets just to piss you off. estahuh

If it does well, it'll do so because it looks entertaining.

Entertainment, the original reason that the concept of movies was created to begin with, as some of you have forgotten.

Lately I've begun to marvel at the elitism and utter disdain for popcorn flicks that lingers around here. I don't think people really realize that the only way movies really benefit society at all is to entertain us for a couple of hours, or in the case of documentaries, educate.

marwash22
errbody's a critic...

Mr. Rhythmic
"Transformers: Battleship"

Yah, also, this looks better than Transformers. There's no Shia Ledouche.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Armageddon was as good as T2.

.___________________________________________.

Mr. Rhythmic

Not much better, but a least I don't see any penis jokes, and can actually tell what's happening.

lilshogun
How are Aliens related to the Battleship board game.Originally posted by Nemesis X

Robtard

Oh, look who's the elitist douche now, darkie.

Esau Cairn
The more I see the trailers the more I'm excited about this, compared to the Transformers....

Considering Hasbro made both Battleship the board game & the Transformers figures...this movie will always be compared to each other.

At least with Battleship, the producers & directors had the Transformer movies to fall back on & improve on the action. The destruction of the city & attack on the Navy/Marines seem more realistic & hardcore.

Aslo the alien threat is real to the general public. Unlike the Transformer movies where huge battling robots in the middle of the city is covered up as a conspiracy theory...

0mega Spawn
Loosly based on the boardgame

a little too loosely.

Kazenji

Unlike the Transformer movies where huge battling robots in the middle of the city is covered up as a conspiracy theory...

Which is stupid really.... when everyone on earth eventually knew all about the robots in the 80's cartoon.

Patient_Leech

Shia LeBeouf (sp?) wasn't the problem with Transformers. Michael 'I'm a 12-year-old stuck in a 30-something year-old body' Bay was.

No, Michael Bay is a fine director. Shia Ledouche is an idiot and is annoying in every single movie he has ever been in.

0mega Spawn
I grew up with evens stevens so i'd advise you to shut up mad

Patient_Leech
No, Michael Bay is a fine director.

Uuuhh.. I thoroughly disagree. Transformers 2 was complete stupidity. So was The Island. So was Pearl Harbor. So was Armageddon (though it was at least entertaining).

Battleship still looks like a retarded pile of crap. I hope I don't get suckered into seeing this shit. If I do, at least Liam Neeson is in it...

The Island, Armageddon, The Rock, and Bad Boys are all great films and are thoroughly entertaining. I dunno what you're talking about. Transformers sucked because it focused on the whiniest ***** of a kid I have ever seen in a movie. Shia Lebouf is such a horrible actor. He does the same role in every movie, which essentially comes down to whining about how much his life sucks and going "WOAH WOAH WOAH" 30 times per film. No movie he has ever been in as benefited from him playing a role.

Robtard
"Great films"? Come on. They were entertaining for what they were though.

The Island was a notch above those others though, imo.

I define a movie's caliber off of how much I enjoyed it. It's why I would consider those movies "great" while I'd consider J. Edgar "shit", even if the latter was supposedly more than just a substanceless popcorn film. J. Edgar.... /shudder

Robtard
Fair enough.

Yeah that's right. ... Punk!

Robtard
Come at me, bro.

Patient_Leech
One should also be able to appreciate a film for it's art. For example, Requiem For a Dream isn't the most enjoyable movie in the world (in fact it's damn near unpleasant and hard to watch), but it's a great work of art.

And Michael Bay is no artist. It's been a long time since I saw The Rock, though. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. stick out tongue

Esau Cairn
Like or loathe Bay, he's not actually claiming or wanting to be the next Scorsese or Coppola....he enjoys directing pure popcorn action flicks & has a good run at producing Hollywood blockbusters.

Electron2
I didn't like much the trailers of this.

swill388
I hate games.

Kazenji
Not sure how its going with the critics this movie, But i went and seen it yesterday and enjoyed it. It may say its from the same producers who did Transformers but Bay isn't involved with it, so yeah no teenager style jokes

at least a 8 or 8.5/10 from me.

the ninjak
Battleshit gets a 4/10 from me. I've never seen so many lol moments on film in my life. And they weren't intentional.

Esau Cairn
The big question is; Was it more enjoyable than any of the Transformers movies?

Honestly between all 3 Transformer movies, not one was more outstanding than the other...

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
Battleshit gets a 4/10 from me. I've never seen so many lol moments on film in my life. And they weren't intentional.

What were the 'lol moments' for you?

Honestly between all 3 Transformer movies, not one was more outstanding than the other...

Maybe for you they weren't

Esau Cairn
Thanks for your well-informed & descriptive reply Kaz.
Much appreciated.

Kazenji
Well i'm pretty that there were many other's that liked those movies for what they were.

Esau Cairn
I don't care if you're pretty.

Kazenji
And your fugly.

Lord Shadow Z
Not sure how its going with the critics this movie, But i went and seen it yesterday and enjoyed it. It may say its from the same producers who did Transformers but Bay isn't involved with it, so yeah no teenager style jokes

at least a 8 or 8.5/10 from me.

The newspapers over here are mostly saying 'entertaining but ridiculous'.

the ninjak
What were the 'lol moments' for you?

-The scene where the cameras span awkwardly whilst the old guys arrived to pilot the old fashioned battleship. Bay Style!
-The fight scene with the guy with the prosthetic legs in a fist fight with an alien.
-The obvious racial motivational inspirational moments between the Japs and Americans.
-The awkward American flag scenes. How they have them fly behind the characters as they say inspirational quotes. Like they're trying to make them subliminal but it's too obvious to deny what they are in reality.
-The whole destruction balls raiding civilization but ending up in a kids baseball match. Not killing the innocent kid but destroying the whole structural integrity of a freeway killing tens if not hundreds of people.
-The fact that the aliens have a moral code on anyone attacking them means they must fight back. Yet when the alien telepathically entered the heroes mind (Independence Day with the President) they showed absolute destruction of the human race.
-The fact that the girlfriend just happened to be in the same situation as the hero.
-Rihanna's lines.
Rihanna- Have you seen anything like that before?
Guy- Nope.
Rihanna- Damn!

Rihanna-My daddy said one day day'll come. He said we ain't alone. If day don find us we'll fine dem.

-The fact that the hero was a complete douchebag! until the end of the movie where he pulls off a mad feat completely outside of his level of intellect. Scores a bouncy babe and saves freedom in spectacular fashion.

The film was full of lol. In a good way yeah. And bad ways more.

jaden101
Saw this yesterday. Better than I was expecting. Especially liked the fact that they copied real and hilarious security footage of a drunk guy breaking into a store for the bit with the chicken burrito.

Pe-tI61Ve14

Also liked the extreme realism of watching Rihanna getting knocked about.

Robtard
LoL, black-people.

What the ****. Jesus Christ... facepalm

Nephthys
There seems to be an abundance of stupid these days.

That video was hilarious though.

Esau Cairn
I honestly found myself dozing off about 40 minutes into Battleship...I think all the previews I've seen took away the hype & "intrigue".

From what I saw left me scratching my head...

What exact rank was Rhiannon supposed to be?
One moment she's on radar/camera display on deck, the next she's on recon manning a machine gun...?

And that force field...I thought it encircled the alien ships in the middle of the Pacific ocean...so how then did Hooper & the rest of his crew that survived get back on shore to the Missouri?

And another thing about the alien ships...I initially liked their look & I know it's Hasbro & I can make the Transformers' connection...but these alien ships had too many moving parts. Just simply to turn left or right or deploy their weapons, there was too much going on that made them both bulky & time consuming in the midst of battle.
I mean they couldn't out-mannouvre a steam class destroyer & that was their down fall.

Kazenji

What exact rank was Rhiannon supposed to be?
One moment she's on radar/camera display on deck, the next she's on recon manning a machine gun...?

Petty Officer (GM2) Cora Raikes, crew mate and a weapons specialist on the USS John Paul Jones.

the ship that landed in the ocean at the start which started up the force field in the first place, moved more towards where the aliens were setting up camp around the communications place

Esau Cairn

the ship that landed in the ocean at the start which started up the force field in the first place, moved more towards where the aliens were setting up camp around the communications place

Christ, looks like I slept thru a big chunk of the movie embarrasment

roughrider
Never seen it before, a huge studio blockbuster getting released over a month early in other parts of the world, before it gets released in North America. A week or two, sure - but not a month. Word, good or bad will get spread. Is this all about cashing in before Avengers opens?

That it's doing big business is good for Taylor Kitsch, anyway. He may not get to play John Carter again, but this will help him get established as a leading man.

Sadako of Girth
Its one big facepalm...! Its fail-ship knows no bounds.
Hated it, and was bored and insulted.. Hopefully Prometheus will restore the honour of the 12a tag this year...

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Its one big facepalm...! Its fail-ship knows no bounds.
Hated it, and was bored and insulted.. Hopefully Prometheus will restore the honour of the 12a tag this year...

Thank you for saving me $10.50, was contemplating seeing it despite my better judgement.

This will be a download.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden101
Pe-tI61Ve14

I don't understand what this has to do with Battleship, but it's f*cking awesome. laughing out loud

rudester
for some reason I do not want to watch this movie. It seems like its just another one of those movies.. or am I thinking to far ahead of myself?

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by roughrider

That it's doing big business is good for Taylor Kitsch, anyway. He may not get to play John Carter again, but this will help him get established as a leading man.

I honestly found Kitsch more likeable as John Carter.
His character in both movies was that of the "redeemable a-hole", however in Battleship his acting was under-shadowed by a better more likeable actor that played his older brother.

BruceSkywalker
i will laugh if this is a hit..

Kazenji
Its currently doing good on the Aus Box office.

Sadako of Girth
If totally unserious cheese sandwiches or cringe pastiches are the aim, they may have succeeded on some level...but with the fx looking so good and all, and the fact that Liam Neeson is in it for like 7 mins, those trying to read it as the serious summer blockbuster that it looked like will feel misled by the ads that bought them there.. and some will like it. Which I guess is fair enough.

89thwarrior
This is so AWESOME! I will watch over and over again because one of the real reason is that RIHANNA is in the movie!

Sadako of Girth
There ya go.. plenty will love it...

89thwarrior
Hahaha... actually... some of my friends already watched it and they say it's superb! They also said it was not really that bad and your money is worth spending for the movie.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I blame the marketting guys after thinking about my review further.. If this had been sold as what it is, (comedy,pastiche etc) it would be appreciated for what it is better.

It is kind of funny.

rudester
Yeah I blame the marketting guys after thinking about my review further.. If this had been sold as what it is, (comedy,pastiche etc) it would be appreciated for what it is better.

It is kind of funny.

blame it on the marketing guys, always always.... wink

Looks kinda transformerish, not really impressed with the whole story, 'aliens coming from no where just end up in the ocean?? humans win in the end always, its too predictable.. and no I haven't watched it, watched it.

Sadako of Girth
Just in this case.

They made like it was gonna be the next big scifi classic..
When it was a version of Top Gun blended with Independence Day, elements of the last Star Trek Movie and Terminator etc..but with cringe lols.

There was an explanation shown to us who the aliens are and how they came to be in the ocean.

Robtard

There was an explanation shown to us who the aliens are and how they came to be in the ocean.

Are they extracting their comrades they left behind eons ago in cocoon-like devices and then some geriatrics get involved?

89thwarrior
Oh... so that's how it goes...

rudester
jsut finished watching it, liked it was ok...not the best but I give it a 7/10

Because they didnt explain what happend to the other ships in the other parts of the world??

mardook
Originally posted by Robtard
Are they extracting their comrades they left behind eons ago in cocoon-like devices and then some geriatrics get involved?

So its a bit like Cocoon, the Abyss, and Transformers. Btw... is that Rhianna in the movie? confused

rudester
Originally posted by mardook
So its a bit like Cocoon, the Abyss, and Transformers. Btw... is that Rhianna in the movie? confused

YEah she was in there... eek!

I was kinda waiting for them to kill her off so I could say ooo0oh no they killed Rhianna.. but she made it!!!

mardook
Originally posted by rudester
YEah she was in there... eek!

I was kinda waiting for them to kill her off so I could say ooo0oh no they killed Rhianna.. but she made it!!!

The Atlanteans could always hire Chris Brown to smack her around... too soon?

jaden101
I don't understand what this has to do with Battleship, but it's f*cking awesome. laughing out loud

Pay attention then. I already explained that the scene near the beginning of battleship when the main character breaks into the store is a copy of this real footage. the climbing up the fence, the camera angle as he breaks and falls thru the roof and the bit when he falls again onto the top shelf are all taken from this clip

89thwarrior
Pay attention then. I already explained that the scene near the beginning of battleship when the main character breaks into the store is a copy of this real footage. the climbing up the fence, the camera angle as he breaks and falls thru the roof and the bit when he falls again onto the top shelf are all taken from this clip

Can I just comment?! You are definitely right... I noticed the video too that is quite similar to a scene in the movie... nice one!

Sadako of Girth

Not quite, stick out tongue but you do see what bought them here..

jaden101
Originally posted by 89thwarrior
Can I just comment?! You are definitely right... I noticed the video too that is quite similar to a scene in the movie... nice one!

Indeed. you'll learn that I'm always definitely right on these forums. Everyone will tell you that. Especially about Riddick being stabby with knives.

89thwarrior
Indeed. you'll learn that I'm always definitely right on these forums. Everyone will tell you that. Especially about Riddick being stabby with knives.

I would have to agree with that too... how come there are people who seem to be not so very observant to details... come to think of it... it's just like something that bothers me at all... the visual effects from Marvel Movies, Titans Movies (talking about monsters and alien ships here) is really quite similar with those who made the effects on Transformers films and this Battleship movie (who happens to be the person I forgot the name... I hate it when I'm on that state). Don't they have any other more imaginative mind on creating more elaboration of unique monstrous villain aliens?

Okay... just slap me now... I just don't get the point of making it look like the same with the other movies... (I'm so sorry ... )

jonydec
Railgun technological innovation may modify elements a little. Theoretically, a railgun launcher can be more effective than a conventional rocket launcher as seen on contemporary yachts and destroyers, and we're discussing varies (for normal covers without extra increase motors) in the 200~400 kilometer cover. Recreation area a nuclear-powered railgun observe over the skyline, have it lob stealthed covers for accurate decapitation hits on the enemy's HQ...or toss ABMs against the enemy's own reach warheads...

Chef Mikey
I loved this movie! Especially the gunfight at the end involving the old Battleship!

rudester
Originally posted by Chef Mikey
I loved this movie! Especially the gunfight at the end involving the old Battleship!

I liked it but I ddint love it.

kingerking8
Battle ship movie is rock....!!!

Darth Vicious
I saw this last night. My expectations for it were pretty low. I was surprised that it wasn't bad at all. Not great by any means but not horrible. Didn't care too much for Rihanna being there.

WeRKidz09
I'm basically watching Battleship for Rihanna.

0mega Spawn
I still don't remember any aliens in the battleship boardgame.

Thoren
Saw it, not bad.

Aaliyah
Battleship is my favorite Movie, I really very excited to Watch Battleship Movie....

Robtard
Film was terrible, story, acting, script, concept etc.. The only decent aspect were the alien power-suits, but we had only a few minutes of viewing time.

Esau Cairn
Yeah I actually fell asleep for most of the movie & I still feel I got my moneys worth.

Aaliyah
Battleship is my Favorite Movie, I decided to Watch Battleship Movie Online With Friends....

juggerman
It was terrible. And how retarded were those aliens? "Weare here to completely destroy and take over your planet.... but we'll only attack you if you attack us first. Seems like the right thing to do ya know?"

Patient_Leech
Film was terrible, story, acting, script, concept etc.. The only decent aspect were the alien power-suits, but we had only a few minutes of viewing time.
Yeah I actually fell asleep for most of the movie & I still feel I got my moneys worth.

My question is: why would you pay money to go see this trash unless it's to sneak in alcohol and get drunk while you make fun of it?

rudester
My question is: why would you pay money to go see this trash unless it's to sneak in alcohol and get drunk while you make fun of it?

Thats something my friend Guss would do.. We went to go see Gentlemen Broncos and while we were laughing are heads off, he just got up and left. I was like wtf? ? He later met up with me and told me, "dude I could not bare to see that trash."

The movies they come up with now a days aren't originals, they lack plot. It was expected from the start that aliens would come, they made that clear from the starts. Thats the only reason they brought in rihanna, you dont bring a singer into a movie that is suppose to be for guys.. they just did that for lil girls or for young boys that are crushing on her.

Robtard

The aspects of some great CGI and mindless action drew me and it was a Sunday early afternoon where i had a couple hours to kill. Cost me $6.50 with the matinee price. Still, I made a fail choice, it happens.

All of Rihanna's lines from the fim: http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/read-every-line-rihanna-says-in-battleship.html?imw=Y

Esau Cairn

I was honestly hoping for something better than The Transformers.
I figured this director would've used all the prior Transformer movies as reference & maybe be able to come up with something better.

Was I wrong sleep

wakkawakkawakka
I just saw this movie with some family and I thought it was an okay way to kill time....maybe that's just because I didn't pay for it this time.

Though I do wonder why the aliens even bothered to attack by sea to begin with.

Kazenji
Peter Berg Blames THE AVENGERS For The Failure Of BATTLESHIP

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=62339

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>