Iron Man vs Our Planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Tony is not allowed to hack our systems. Can our world's combined military take him down?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
Tony is not allowed to hack our systems. Can our world's combined military take him down?

I doubt it.

Cogito
The nukes would be a ***** to the ecosystem, but eventually yeah, we could probably do it.

Parmaniac
http://www.onedigitallife.com/images/barack-obama-yes-we-can.jpg

JakeTheBank
Even without hacking, Iron Man would strategically shut down all the world's major military installations, starting with the nukes more than likely.

psycho gundam
he still won't kill anyone in cold blood

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he still won't kill anyone in cold blood

He won't have to.

Parmaniac
He won't find the WoMD in Iraque though.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Parmaniac
He won't find the WoMD in Iraque though.

laughing

In all seriousness, though, assuming we, the world, pool our resources together and our natural CIS isn't preventing us from working together, Iron Man's tech and intellect is far and away beyond anything we have in the real world. We have nothing on hand capable of stopping the Iron Man armor. It would be a long grueling campaign, but Tony would probably cost so much money in destroyed equipment it would bankrupt us worse than what we already are.

Our best bet is to try and wait for him to not be in the suit or least exposed and vulnerable and assassinate him, but Tony's too smart for that, I feel.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Our best bet is to try and wait for him to not be in the suit or least exposed and vulnerable and assassinate him, but Tony's too smart for that, I feel. That's actually the strategy I was routing for wait till he tires and needs to sleep.

JakeTheBank
That's actually the strategy I was routing for wait till he tires and needs to sleep.

Considering he managed to stay a step ahead of HAMMER, who had better resources than the real world does, I think it's unlikely we'd catch him in such a position.

Marvelknight
http://www.onedigitallife.com/images/barack-obama-yes-we-can.jpg

laughing out loud

inimalist
what defense does Iron Man have against an EMP?

what defense does Iron Man's computer HD brain have against magnets?

Does his armor have any defenses against acids or other chemical weapons?

KingD19
Originally posted by inimalist

More than likely he'd be the one tossing out EMP's left and right.

No idea what he can do against magnets, but it's probably more than enough.

Basically anything we can throw at him, he's so far passed it's like a 3 year old trying to fight the world heavyweight champ.

JakeTheBank
^ thumb up

golem370
If he was able to hack our network we would be with much of anything but troops and hand held weapons.

Mindset
We would win.

We have Quan.

Blair Wind

His suit is built to withstand EMPs and cause them without it affecting him.

Magnets? He's made his armor be able to handle Magneto, so I'm sure the magnets won't do much.

Force-fields would cover acids and chemical weapons.

Edit:
His force fields have taken nukes head on, IIRC.

Mindset
We nuke him.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Magnets? He's made his armor be able to handle Magneto, so I'm sure the magnets won't do much.

Edit:
His force fields have taken nukes head on, IIRC. so we're basically phucked?

SuperiorTech

Edit:
His force fields have taken nukes head on, IIRC.

Yeah well we got Chuck Norris.

JakeTheBank
so we're basically phucked?

Yes.

In the time it would take the world's military to mobilize and actually prepare to take down Iron Man, Tony would have crippled most of our installations by himself.

Mindset
Tony has to rest sometime.

We kill him.

Case closed.

Lock this before I get angry.

Starscream M
we could seduce tony with women and wine...and when he beds them, they poison him.

low-tech is the way to trump high-tech

JakeTheBank
we could seduce tony with women and wine...and when he beds them, they poison him.

low-tech is the way to trump high-tech

Tony will probably be getting laid incognito while we freak the hell out about our losses.

KingD19
People are also assuming we're gonna know where the hell he is.

Starscream M
Tony will probably be getting laid incognito while we freak the hell out about our losses. we could threaten to nuke our own world to oblivion

Starscream M
Originally posted by KingD19
People are also assuming we're gonna know where the hell he is. no...im assuming we have to track him

JakeTheBank
Iron Man can disarm us. And with ease. His tech >>>> real world tech. The speed in which he can outright destroy our stuff and leave us defenseless is pretty absurd. And that's without hacking, which has been banned, correct? With it, it's spite against the real world.

Tracking him is going to be next to impossible as well.

By the time we've concocted a plan to stop him or even threaten him, Tony would have probably crippled the major threats.

Starscream M
Iron Man can disarm us. And with ease. His tech >>>> real world tech. The speed in which he can outright destroy our stuff and leave us defenseless is pretty absurd. And that's without hacking, which has been banned, correct? With it, it's spite against the real world.

Tracking him is going to be next to impossible as well.

By the time we've concocted a plan to stop him or even threaten him, Tony would have probably crippled the major threats. yep, hacking's banned

without hacking, it would be much more difficult for him to find the layabouts of nukes around the world...i think you're overestimating him

JakeTheBank
yep, hacking's banned

without hacking, it would be much more difficult for him to find the layabouts of nukes around the world...i think you're overestimating him

He doesn't have to hack us to find out where our military installations and missile silos are, though.

Starscream M
He doesn't have to hack us to find out where our military installations and missile silos are, though. how is he gonna find them then, in a short period of time?

JakeTheBank
how is he gonna find them then, in a short period of time?

His suit has various sensors designed to locate and lock onto various weapons and his suit has a built in information grid which I'm pretty sure craps on anything we have. Real world computer experts of the highest caliber can be threats to national security and without directly hacking anything. Iron Man is beyond us.

Black bolt z
I do think Jake is overestimating him.

But we are still phucked.

Starscream M
His suit has various sensors designed to locate and lock onto various weapons and his suit has a built in information grid which I'm pretty sure craps on anything we have. Real world computer experts of the highest caliber can be threats to national security and without directly hacking anything. Iron Man is beyond us. bull...dood. real world computer experts are national security threats BECAUSE of their hacking...without it, they're harmless.

IM has a information grid on Marvel Earth...our planet is foreign to him, and not mapped in his system. he would have to start from scratch.

King Kandy
I don't think he would win at all. Real world ftw. i'm unconvinced he would know where these "major threats" are.

JakeTheBank
bull...dood. real world computer experts are national security threats BECAUSE of their hacking...without it, they're harmless.

IM has a information grid on Marvel Earth...our planet is foreign to him, and not mapped in his system. he would have to start from scratch.

Considering how advanced his tech is, do you really think it's beyond Tony to gather the intel he needed to know where to strike us where it hurt most while at the same time being able to evade us? We have practically nothing in our arsenal that would put him down before he just disabled it. Nukes? His shields can endure them if they even hit him to begin with, which is unlikely.

If Iron Man just began to EMP major cities across the globe, that salvo alone would practically cripple entire countries.

Starscream M
Considering how advanced his tech is, do you really think it's beyond Tony to gather the intel he needed to know where to strike us where it hurt most while at the same time being able to evade us? i didn't say he couldnt gather intel...im saying its not nearly as easy as you make it. taking away hacking takes away one of tony's best assets.

you have actually said how he would just located secret installations without his hacking ability.

JakeTheBank
i didn't say he couldnt gather intel...im saying its not nearly as easy as you make it. taking away hacking takes away one of tony's best assets.

you have actually said how he would just located secret installations without his hacking ability.

I didn't say it would be easy. I stated it would be a long gruelling campaign, but ultimately, Tony would leave us a broken mess, and that's if he's not looking to massacre us.

He would possess easily the most advanced weapon to walk the face of the Earth. I don't see any real world weapon or tactic we could mobilize to stop him that he couldn't counter based on feats.

Starscream M
I didn't say it would be easy. I stated it would be a long gruelling campaign, but ultimately, Tony would leave us a broken mess, and that's if he's not looking to massacre us.

He would possess easily the most advanced weapon to walk the face of the Earth. I don't see any real world weapon or tactic we could mobilize to stop him that he couldn't counter based on feats. we could nuke him to oblivion...obviously with much collateral damage

Cogito
He would possess easily the most advanced weapon to walk the face of the Earth. I don't see any real world weapon or tactic we could mobilize to stop him that he couldn't counter based on feats.

No argument over the most advanced weapon, but how many nukes at once do you think he can handle?

Thanks to the Cold War, we've got a pretty good system in place to launch a crapload of nukes very quickly and accurately. Add to that the fact that we've got nukes all over the world, and there's no way Tony is taking them all out before some launch. To boot, nukes release a nasty EMP when they blow...

I think we can take him out, but there's no doubt the world would be trashed in the aftermath. erm

JakeTheBank
we could nuke him to oblivion...obviously with much collateral damage

If the world decides we need to spam nuke Iron Man in order to "win", it's not much of a victory considering the collateral damage, and that's if we manage to hit him. Between his mobility (which should crap on real world nukes based on feats) his ability to disable weapons, and defenses, I don't think a massive nuclear offense is what it would be cracked out to be. We'd have to be able to find Iron Man, somehow track him, and manage to hit him, and I don't think our technology is up to par to do that against some of his older armor, let alone Extremis/Bleeding Edge.

Starscream M
If the world decides we need to spam nuke Iron Man in order to "win", it's not much of a victory considering the collateral damage, and that's if we manage to hit him. Between his mobility (which should crap on real world nukes based on feats) his ability to disable weapons, and defenses, I don't think a massive nuclear offense is what it would be cracked out to be. We'd have to be able to find Iron Man, somehow track him, and manage to hit him, and I don't think our technology is up to par to do that against some of his older armor, let alone Extremis/Bleeding Edge. well, we would have to time a nuke attack with great coordination

doesn't tony have to recharge his armor? that would be the best time to launch an attack since we should know where he is....he can't recharge in a forest

thanos-prime
The nukes would never hit him and if 1 did manage to hit him it wouldn't do anything his shields would protect him.

JakeTheBank
well, we would have to time a nuke attack with great coordination

doesn't tony have to recharge his armor? that would be the best time to launch an attack since we should know where he is....he can't recharge in a forest

I don't think we'd be able to do it, tbh.

Periodically, yes, but how do you propose we'd find him?

Starscream M
I don't think we'd be able to do it, tbh.

Periodically, yes, but how do you propose we'd find him? we keep track of every major power source...i mean he can't just plug into a household outlet can he?

thanos-prime
Pretty sure he doesn't have to recharge anymore his new suit is supposed to have a limitless power source.

Starscream M
Originally posted by thanos-prime
The nukes would never hit him and if 1 did manage to hit him it wouldn't do anything his shields would protect him. his shields would be taken out by a nuke...this ain't a comic nuke where the blast radius is smaller than a house. this is a real world nuke...IM will be decimated.

thanos-prime
his shields would be taken out by a nuke...this ain't a comic nuke where the blast radius is smaller than a house. this is a real world nuke...IM will be decimated. He has survived a nuke w/o shields, and as i said they would never hit him anyway.

Mindset
Originally posted by King Kandy
I don't think he would win at all. Real world ftw. i'm unconvinced he would know where these "major threats" are. He wouldn't.

Mindset
The nukes would never hit him and if 1 did manage to hit him it wouldn't do anything his shields would protect him. You do realize the blast radius of a nuke, right?

Black bolt z
Why are people acting like he has to be hit by a nuke dead on? Nukes have a blast radius of miles and miles.

He anit dodging that many.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Mindset
You do realize the blast radius of a nuke, right? Not quite what i meant what i mean is he would intercept them in the air or hack them but i do believe he could out run them as well.

Mindset
He can't hack.

Intercept them in the air how?

h1a8
Tony is not allowed to hack our systems. Can our world's combined military take him down? Of course and easily.

I don't believe Tony's main armor was shown to be resistant to armored piercing bullets have he?

Mindset
h1a8, argue for Iron Man's side.

thanos-prime
He can't hack.

Intercept them in the air how? Hmm didn't see that stip doesn't matter anyway

Mindset
I argue.

Because he loses.

thanos-prime
I argue.

Because he loses. How?

Mindset
We nuke him.

thanos-prime
he has survived being hit with multiple nukes with his shields up how far are they willing to go to destroy him?

Mindset
he has survived being hit with multiple nukes with his shields up how far are they willing to go to destroy him? In what comic did he survive multiple nukes?

thanos-prime
In what comic did he survive multiple nukes? Not sure, don't have my comics anymore. but really it doesn't matter his sensors would pick them up long before they ever got to him.

Black bolt z
Not sure, don't have my comics anymore. but really it doesn't matter his sensors would pick them up long before they ever got to him. I really wouldn't matter if 100 nukes were shot at him carpet bomb style.

Mindset
Yes, it matters.

Because we would wipe out a country before we allowed ourselves to be overtaken by a hostile outsider.

Humanity ftw.

thanos-prime
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I really wouldn't matter if 100 nukes were shot at him carpet bomb style. Your right they would never get to him his sensors would pick them up and he would be half way around the world before they got there.

Mindset
Your right they would never get to him his sensors would pick them up and he would be half way around the world before they got there. Smh.

Black bolt z
Your right they would never get to him his sensors would pick them up and he would be half way around the world before they got there. How is he going to out run hundreds of nukes whos exsplosive radius's span thousands of miles?

thanos-prime
How is he going to out run hundreds of nukes whos exsplosive radius's span thousands of miles? Fly thousands of miles into space

Mindset
What's stopping Japan from sending gundams after him?

thanos-prime
What's stopping Japan from sending gundams after him? I don't know anything about gundams are they EMP proof?

Black bolt z
Fly thousands of miles into space ...Mabye.

thanos-prime
...Mabye. there's really no maybe about it.

Mindset
I don't know anything about gundams are they EMP proof? Let's say yes.

thanos-prime
Let's say yes. Hmm i don't watch gundam so i have no idea of their capabilities.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
Of course and easily.

I don't believe Tony's main armor was shown to be resistant to armored piercing bullets have he?

You can't be serious.

Prep-Man
Quan and Carver would drive him to booze. Real world ftw.

Blair Wind
Question: why cant Tony - who's been shown to handle extremes of depth underwater - just cut the shit out of our internet cables.

Suddenly, no one can communicate through the internet. He can crippled economies with just that blow.

And in all his showings against comic armies (which are the closest comparison we have) he has never looked bad. He wtf-pwns them every single time.

JakeTheBank
Question: why cant Tony - who's been shown to handle extremes of depth underwater - just cut the shit out of our internet cables.

Suddenly, no one can communicate through the internet. He can crippled economies with just that blow.

And in all his showings against comic armies (which are the closest comparison we have) he has never looked bad. He wtf-pwns them every single time.

thumb up

Mindset

And in all his showings against comic armies (which are the closest comparison we have) he has never looked bad. He wtf-pwns them every single time. Our economy will be crippled in a couple years anyway.

Comic armies fight like shit.

Endless Mike
Not unless we offer him free beer as a distraction

Harbinger
I don't know anything about gundams are they EMP proof? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

the ninjak
Tony would defeat us all.

The whole nuke idea won't work. He will destroy all satellites first. Then our Internet. Or power plants causing meltdowns wherever they're nuclear.

All attacks originating from space. Then it's just a matter of culling us by raiding the CDC labs and dumping plagues in every city.

Mindset
Yea, except Tony isn't in the business of killing...especially innocents.

Destroying our satellites wont stop nukes.

the ninjak
Never said they would. His scanners are fast enough to see them long before they hit him, he hits space and laughs as they fall in the water.

Reprogrammes them and dumps em on cities.

Mindset
He'll be otherwise engaged by the airforce to flee.

vansonbee
Haven't you notice? Tony plan is already in effect! He got a job as Barack Obama teleprompter.

the ninjak
He'll be otherwise engaged by the airforce to flee.

In space lol.
Air Force can't do crap. He pick them off as easily as everything else I mentioned. And nothing is getting through shields that can resist a nuke.

Jets have no maneuverability over Tony. He'll hack em too.

Mindset
Originally posted by the ninjak
In space lol.
Air Force can't do crap. He pick them off as easily as everything else I mentioned. And nothing is getting through shields that can resist a nuke.

Jets have no maneuverability over Tony. He'll hack em too. He can't defeat the worlds military from space...

When did his shields tank a nuke?

They don't need more maneuverability, they need numbers, which they have in spades.

the ninjak
He can't defeat the worlds military from space...

When did his shields tank a nuke?

They don't need more maneuverability, they need numbers, which they have in spades.

He can pick them off. Air Force bases. One after the other while planes fly the air blind. No satelites. Radar Bases destroyed. Sneak tactics. Tony has a near limitless supply of energy now.

Ultimate Ironman protected a whole army from a nuke. I don't know bout 616.

Mindset
How is he picking air force bases off from space? Not to mention they have their own missile defenses.

How will he know where all the radar bases even are? How will he know where all the airforce bases are?

the ninjak
I just read Tony isn't allowed to hack defence networks. If he could that wouldn't have been a problem.

Dude will threaten every nation with virus' he will steal from the CDC. Nukes that failed to reach him he'll rewrite their software.

Whatever he wants he'll get. Anyone who disagrees cops mass destruction. Or a display of power.

The question is wether our military can defeat and it can't he can just hang in space.
IRONMAN WINS BY DEFAULT.

Mindset
Right, because Tony is prone to using biological warfare.

Rewriting software would be hacking.

the ninjak
The question is whether our military can defeat it and they can't he can just hang in space.
IRONMAN WINS BY DEFAULT.

Mindset
IM bfrs himself into space.

We win.

Bentley
In what comic did he survive multiple nukes?

Iron Man vs Nukes vol 2, issue 4.

the ninjak

We win.

It's not BFR if the question is can Earth's Military power defeat IM.

Guy can hide anywhere he wants.

Eon Blue
Real world FTW.

Mindset
Originally posted by the ninjak
It's not BFR if the question is can Earth's Military power defeat IM.

Guy can hide anywhere he wants. If he's hiding and not fighting then he has been defeated.

Mindset
Originally posted by Bentley
Iron Man vs Nukes vol 2, issue 4. laughing out loud

Parmaniac

We win. He runs away from us, I can't blame him we're awesome.

DARTH POWER
Iron Man vs Nukes vol 2, issue 4.

Scans anyone??

UnmaskedMan
I'm new, so hi..
Iron Man would kick the crap out of the real world!
Everyone bringing nukes up is crazy if they think that the governments of the world would be able to work through the bureaucratic nightmare of green-lighting a nuclear strike quickly enough to actually use them on him. Especially when you consider that they'd likely have to use several nukes on populated areas to guarantee hitting him. The real world and the Marvel world are similar enough that he'd have a good idea of which countries to hit first to eliminate the real threats and bring us to our knees.
His biggest problem wouldn't be any real world military, it would be the sudden application of non-comic physics to everything he does. If he lost, it would be because he'd accidentally kill himself

UnmaskedMan
We wipe out hundreds of thousands of our own people by MISSING Iron Man with nukes.. He calls for the unconditional surrender of the entire planet.. It goes to an emergency referendum and passes.. Tony Stark is installed as the high chancellor of earth.. Rebellions are squashed and holdouts are annihilated.
The day of his arrival is forever after celebrated as Stark Day. Long live our glorious overlord

would nukes kill him ina the current standard armor? he probably wins this

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Scans anyone??

He wasn't serious.

Parmaniac
laughing out loud

rotiart
In comics no one ever considers health. If iron man were to come to the real world? He'd have a big Mac and die five minutes later from the cholesterol alone. ;-)

the ninjak
If he's hiding and not fighting then he has been defeated.

Fine he sits on a school bus full of kids and puts his shields on. Holding a sign saying "Blow Me!" Or he busts into the White House and watches Game of Thrones with Obama and the kids.

Originally posted by rotiart
In comics no one ever considers health. If iron man were to come to the real world? He'd have a big Mac and die five minutes later from the cholesterol alone. ;-)
Tony has a HF now. Or did that go with Extremis?

JakeTheBank
Bleeding Edge is an upgraded form of Extremis, so I'd imagine yes, he'd still have it.

Omega Vision
Iron Man. Most militaries would be totally ineffective and probably just weigh down the few militaries who might be able to give Tony some pause.

The American, German, French, English, and Chinese militaries are the only ones I see being a possible problem for him. Russia is a maybe (it has lots of nukes but the recent Georgian conflict proved its basically a second rate military with horrible organization and obsolete equipment) as is Japan (good equipment but no real combat experience and a very small and limited scope of operation).

Every other country will basically be deadweight.
Of course and easily.

h1a8
I'm not saying that Iron man isn't resistant against armored piercing bullets. But is there any evidence that he is? If so, then what is it?

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
it has lots of nukes but the recent Georgian conflict proved its basically a second rate military with horrible organization and obsolete equipment

Yeah, winning a war in five days, they obviously suck compared to ten year wars in which the US engages biscuits

MF DELPH
Oh snap!

I'm not saying that Iron man isn't resistant against armored piercing bullets. But is there any evidence that he is? If so, then what is it? the impacts he has tanked, like missiles, are far beyond them, even considering localized pressure

MF DELPH
I hate to say this, but I think Bruce's plan of using the beautiful women of Earth as a ploy to stop Tony is a better solution than a military engagement.

Omega Vision
Agreed. I think if Earth is to win at all it won't be through force of arms.
Yeah, winning a war in five days, they obviously suck compared to ten year wars in which the US engages biscuits
Lol I know you're joking, but Russia's issue with Chechyna is analogous to our situation in Afghanistan and Iraq. Worse even because its happening within Russia itself rather than in a foreign country halfway across the world. Their supply lines are like a tenth as long as ours and they still can't lock that shit down.

Besides, the South Ossetian conflict was a conventional war against a minuscule military with the aid of two local armed militias working against Georgia from within. And in that time Russia failed to seize a definite air superiority advantage despite the fact that Georgia essentially didn't even have an air force to speak of.

Russia should have won that war in 2-3 days.

They couldn't even use GPS because Russia is reliant on America for those satellites. laughing out loud

Iron Man. Most militaries would be totally ineffective and probably just weigh down the few militaries who might be able to give Tony some pause.

The American, German, French, English, and Chinese militaries are the only ones I see being a possible problem for him. Russia is a maybe (it has lots of nukes but the recent Georgian conflict proved its basically a second rate military with horrible organization and obsolete equipment) as is Japan (good equipment but no real combat experience and a very small and limited scope of operation).

Every other country will basically be deadweight.

... the german army? isnt it still very limited?

Going by global firepower's analysis, russia is still the second most powerful military on the planet and there are some other interesting countries figuring among the top 10 like turkey, south korea and india :http://www.globalfirepower.com/

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
the german army? isnt it still very limited?

Going by global firepower's analysis, russia is still the second most powerful military on the planet and there are some other interesting countries figuring among the top 10 like turkey, south korea and india :http://www.globalfirepower.com/
Firepower=/=overall effectiveness.

Germany has a fairly powerful air force and has some of the best tanks in the world. Yeah their scope is limited when compared to America (but then every country has a limited scope when compared to America, no other country currently has a sizable presence in virtually every corner of the globe) but Germany unlike Japan is not currently under any restriction that precludes operating in an offensive capacity.

Germany, France, and England are all part of NATO which gives them a certain capacity for long range operations. Now it isn't much when not propped up by America as Libya shows, but it is something.

Japan's military is limited by their Constitution to being a purely defensive force. At most they might be able to counterattack nearby potential opponents like China or North Korea but large scale operations are unlikely.

South Korea is another localized military. Their entire raison d'etre is basically warding against North Korean aggression (and possibly Chinese aggression).

India is a regional military with lots of manpower but little sophistication and almost no combat experience to speak of.

Edit: Back to the firepower part, I'm guessing that this rating is based on looking at these countries arsenals and the raw power output, IE the sheer amount of destruction their nuclear and conventional arms can do.

Turkey for instance is listed higher than Israel but I'm willing to bet that in a conventional conflict (provided Israel isn't trying to invade Turkey, just defeat them) Israel would stomp Turkey.

Same for France and Germany.

Firepower=/=overall effectiveness.

Germany has a fairly powerful air force and has some of the best tanks in the world. Yeah their scope is limited when compared to America (but then every country has a limited scope when compared to America, no other country currently has a sizable presence in virtually every corner of the globe) but Germany unlike Japan is not currently under any restriction that precludes operating in an offensive capacity.

Germany, France, and England are all part of NATO which gives them a certain capacity for long range operations. Now it isn't much when not propped up by America as Libya shows, but it is something.

Japan's military is limited by their Constitution to being a purely defensive force. At most they might be able to counterattack nearby potential opponents like China or North Korea but large scale operations are unlikely.

South Korea is another localized military. Their entire raison d'etre is basically warding against North Korean aggression (and possibly Chinese aggression).

India is a regional military with lots of manpower but little sophistication and almost no combat experience to speak of.

Edit: Back to the firepower part, I'm guessing that this rating is based on looking at these countries arsenals and the raw power output, IE the sheer amount of destruction their nuclear and conventional arms can do.

Turkey for instance is listed higher than Israel but I'm willing to bet that in a conventional conflict (provided Israel isn't trying to invade Turkey, just defeat them) Israel would stomp Turkey.

Same for France and Germany. the rank is based on economic capacity to sustain war effort, number of troops, quantity and quality of weapons and vehicles. it does not include nuclear weapons however.

Indian army has seen a lot more action than either japanese or german armies after the wwII - 8 armed conflicts including one insurrection quelling. Probably saw more action than france and england in the same period too.

I wouldnt dismiss turkey's firepower against israel either. sure israel has a lot of sophisticated weaponry and constant activity and upgrading, but turkey invests almost twice as much money on the military and has more troops, vehicles and weapons.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
the rank is based on economic capacity to sustain war effort, number of troops, quantity and quality of weapons and vehicles. it does not include nuclear weapons however.

Indian army has seen a lot more action than either japanese or german armies after the wwII - 8 armed conflicts including one insurrection quelling. Probably saw more action than france and england in the same period too.

I wouldnt dismiss turkey's firepower against israel either. sure israel has a lot of sophisticated weaponry and constant activity and upgrading, but turkey invests almost twice as much money on the military and has more troops, vehicles and weapons.
Yeah I actually saw that afterward after taking a closer look at that site, my bad. But I maintain that rating a country based on a bunch of numbers isn't a foolproof way of determining its war fighting capability.

I'll grant that I undersold India's practical experience, but these conflicts were mostly border skirmishes and as memory serves India lost or drew in almost all of them.

England and France have both fought long distance wars, in England's case they fought a somewhat competent and somewhat powerful military in Argentina.

Turkey has a larger economy, which is why Turkey would win a war of attrition, but in a short term conflict where the aim is to disable the enemy's immediate capacity to fight I'm betting Israel would win quite decisively. Their air force is the real killer and I don't think Turkey has proven a capacity for taking something like that on.

On the subject of Turkey's military I actually saw a Turkish book recently that actually plots out a hypothetical Turkish-American war where Turkey wins. It's not so much that that made me laugh and roll my eyes as much as it is the way it was accomplished. Some Turks steal the plans for some new top secret super nuke, build it, and then use it to destroy Washington DC. And as we all know devastating an American city is the best way to make America not want a war. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also the reason for America invading Turkey in the book was precious: so we could seize Turkey's all important supplies of borax. laughing out loud

Bentley
Argentina sucks.

But yeah, France and England had been fighting to some capacity in the last few decades. Those African ex-colonies cannot get exploi- errr... take care of themselves.

Yeah I actually saw that afterward after taking a closer look at that site, my bad. But I maintain that rating a country based on a bunch of numbers isn't a foolproof way of determining its war fighting capability.

I'll grant that I undersold India's practical experience, but these conflicts were mostly border skirmishes and as memory serves India lost or drew in almost all of them.

England and France have both fought long distance wars, in England's case they fought a somewhat competent and somewhat powerful military in Argentina.

Turkey has a larger economy, which is why Turkey would win a war of attrition, but in a short term conflict where the aim is to disable the enemy's immediate capacity to fight I'm betting Israel would win quite decisively. Their air force is the real killer and I don't think Turkey has proven a capacity for taking something like that on.

On the subject of Turkey's military I actually saw a Turkish book recently that actually plots out a hypothetical Turkish-American war where Turkey wins. It's not so much that that made me laugh and roll my eyes as much as it is the way it was accomplished. Some Turks steal the plans for some new top secret super nuke, build it, and then use it to destroy Washington DC. And as we all know devastating an American city is the best way to make America not want a war. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also the reason for America invading Turkey in the book was precious: so we could seize Turkey's all important supplies of borax. laughing out loud yeah the IAF does seem all powerful in the region for now. also true about the falkland wars and britain's long distance warfare experience, although the argentinian army wasnt much to speak of to begin with.

you know it's the borax that makes the world go arround, the usa will be lost without it

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
yeah the IAF does seem all powerful in the region for now. also true about the falkland wars and britain's long distance warfare experience, although the argentinian army wasnt much to speak of to begin with.

you know it's the borax that makes the world go arround, the usa will be lost without it
O rly? Next you'll tell me that petroleum is a product of borax....

...is it? crackers

stick out tongue

Edit: In any case I was ranking these militaries not based on how many troops or weapons they have or how big their guns are but on how effective they'd be at coordinating a resistance against Iron Man. Countries like India would basically be limited to defense while a country like Russia would just be striking blindly after Iron Man cripples their already shoddy military infrastructure.

hehe I actually thought borax was a fictional compound when I first read it, but after reading up on it in wikipedia I think it's plausible that war will be fought over it in the future. it can stop car radiator leaks and has anti-fungal properties

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
hehe I actually thought borax was a fictional compound when I first read it, but after reading up on it in wikipedia I think it's plausible that war will be fought over it in the future. it can stop car radiator leaks and has anti-fungal properties
Perhaps. But if you read up on it you'll also see that America rivals Turkey in terms of supplies.

Besides, on a geopolitical level invading Turkey would make as much sense as invading Saudi Arabia. They're good allies. Without Turkey we'd basically be SOL in the Middle East. I didn't read the book, but I think it was basically envisioning an idiotic American government where a President like George W Bush fills his cabinet with his inbred cousins rather than his dad's golf buddies stick out tongue

Bentley
Yeah, Turkey is about as good an ally as you can get. Not like those American and their economical crises or those Pakistani with their Indian hate. People should learn from Turkey flirt

Omega Vision
Yeah, Turkey is about as good an ally as you can get. Not like those American and their economical crises or those Pakistani with their Indian hate. People should learn from Turkey flirt
At least we have functioning colleges Mr. My Country's Professors are Always on Strike stick out tongue

Bentley
At least we have functioning colleges Mr. My Country's Professors are Always on Strike stick out tongue

If universities costed as much in France as in other countries we wouldn't have all those strikes angel

Lord Feron
Japan reveals their Army of GUNDAM suits and rapes IM!!!! I know they ****ing have it!

Robin Dc
Scientists develop a bacteria that will go through his armor and stop him.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Robin Dc
Scientists develop a bacteria that will go through his armor and stop him. laughing out loud

Starscream M
Scientists develop a bacteria that will go through his armor and stop him. any bacteria that can bypass tony's armor would've prob killed all humanity before it reaches tony

yeah that's the problem with his idea

Robin Dc
And everyone in the world has taken the vaccine for it except ironman.

Blair Wind
Scientists develop a bacteria that will go through his armor and stop him.

Try again

Protected against environmental conditions, including foreign nanotechnology. He is completely sealed in that armor:
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2614/coc1p11uo1.th.jpghttp://img234.imageshack.us/img234/3898/coc1p12vm1.th.jpg

Even pore sized nanotechnology. Also notice, you cannot teleport him without his armor because of his security defenses:
http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/4053/cantteleportseperatlyzg2.th.jpg

Robin Dc
God removes him.

Bentley
Allah removes him.

Fixed evil face

inimalist
How is he going to out run hundreds of nukes whos exsplosive radius's span thousands of miles?

thousands of miles?

Parmaniac
thousands of miles? MILLIONS!!!

inimalist
the tsar bomba had a blast radius of about 35 km, the fireball at the center of the explosion was about 3 km in radius

I tend to think Iron Man's propulsion systems can probably move faster than anything we equip our ICBMs with, and his sensors could easily pick them up. I can't fathom the situation where we are creating a large enough nuclear blast that he couldn't outrun, especially considering he could just fly up.

All things being equal, if we did use enough nukes to defeat him, there would hardly be a RL world left to be considered the winner

Parmaniac
pyrrhic victory ftw

inimalist
scorched earth

just **** stuff up so bad he doesn't want to win anymore

Starscream M
scorched earth

just **** stuff up so bad he doesn't want to win anymore similar to what I said

we could threaten to nuke our own world to oblivion

JakeTheBank
That's really not a "win" though is it?

inimalist
similar to what I said

ah, my bad, just skimmed the last few pages

Parmaniac
That's really not a "win" though is it? Everything's better than directly loosing to an alcoholic.

JakeTheBank
Everything's better than directly loosing to an alcoholic.

Well, it depends if Tony would try to save us from ourselves, which, considering his personality/CIS, is plausible.

If he didn't care, he could just go into space and either call the bluff or watch us murder ourselves.

Parmaniac
Well, it depends if Tony would try to save us from ourselves I prefer him extingting us.

StiltmanFTW
Everything's better than directly loosing to an alcoholic.

Reported! laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>