Spiderman vs Giant Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
deserted new york. can spidey take the giant down?

JakeTheBank
Pym crushes him. I'd say this is practically spite against Peter.

Digi
Thunderclap's the kicker, as it usually is against bricks (in forum battles at least) for Spidey. Otherwise he'd have a shot.

leonidas
Originally posted by Digi
Thunderclap's the kicker, as it usually is against bricks (in forum battles at least) for Spidey. Otherwise he'd have a shot.

yeah, i'd thought so too. does pym have a good thunderclap? i didn't think he became THAT strong when he grew...

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah, i'd thought so too. does pym have a good thunderclap? i didn't think he became THAT strong when he grew...

Luke Cage has done one I think the bar has been lowered on how strong you have to be.

leonidas
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Luke Cage has done one I think the bar has been lowered on how strong you have to be.

oh, i have no doubt cage could do one--or pym for that matter. i simply wondered at the effect it would have. i'd have thought petey could handle it, or shield it with webs. maybe....

vansonbee
What about damn giants? Has Black Goliath done a thunderclap?

StiltmanFTW
Haven't seen Pym doing a t-clap.

This is actually a fight Parker can win.

Parmaniac
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4417/spiderfreezerasmv1666.th.jpg

Spidey one-shots him haw-som

I'm not serious here, but if he would have that "Spider-Freezer" he actually could.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/4417/spiderfreezerasmv1666.th.jpg

Spidey one-shots him haw-som

I'm not serious here, but if he would have that "Spider-Freezer" he actually could.

1) That's retarded.

2) You have no proof it would work on Giant Man.

3) Cops are apparently more competent than superheroes, being able to arrest Thanos and Morrie and all.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
1) That's retarded.

2) You have no proof it would work on Giant Man.

What exactly?

Why shouldn't it?

KingD19
It wouldn't work on Giant Man because he's 50 feet tall and not made of water like Hydro-Man is. And he should be strong enough to Thunderclap, with the effects possibly being on a much much larger scale.

Plus with the city abandoned, Pym can just go apes*it and demolish everything.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
What exactly?

Why shouldn't it?

Freezing Hydro Man stopping him? C'mon... what's next, melting Iceman ftw?

Pym is not made out of water and even if that was regular "freezing everything" device, Hank is just too "giant", I find it very doubtful one tracer could stop him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
It wouldn't work on Giant Man because he's 50 feet tall and not made of water like Hydro-Man is. And he should be strong enough to Thunderclap, with the effects possibly being on a much much larger scale.

Plus with the city abandoned, Pym can just go apes*it and demolish everything.

You beat me to it.

Can you significantly harm spiders or ants with your t-clap? stick out tongue

Parmaniac
Both of you should read Amazing Spider-man 666 it's one of his new inventions it also works on living organic things he used worms to prove this and he can also "unfreeze" them with no harm so this doesn't kill the target.

Honestly I don't see why freezing shouldn't take Hydroman out it's more plausible than boiling him away cause he turns from liquid to solid, Iceman just works different cause he is solid in the first place.

As long as HM is frozen he can't move they can store him in a high security refrigiator or something

StiltmanFTW
Inventions, right. Issue number tells us that he made another deal with some hell-lord to get it ermm

They didn't freeze him in Raft, did they?

Parmaniac
They didn't freeze him in Raft, did they? They way they keep most of their inmates locked up is retarded and if I'm not mistaken the raft has power dampers that create power nullifying fields, I saw X-Ray walking around like an ordinary inmate...

Unless I'm mixing up the raft with Rykers.

arent the raft and rikers the same place? it has power dampeners. on a related note, the Super-Skrull has escaped from it!!! hoping to see him in the space titles soon.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by 753
arent the raft and rikers the same place? it has power dampeners. on a related note, the Super-Skrull has escaped from it!!! hoping to see him in the space titles soon.

Rikers Island is the real jail that exists in NYC.

Raft is just an addition to that from Marvel. Little island connected to the main one with a bridge or something, not sure. For super criminals only.

Parmaniac
Raft is just an addition to that from Marvel. Little island connected to the main one with a bridge or something, not sure. For super criminals only. That's what they want you to believe.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Rikers Island is the real jail that exists in NYC.

Raft is just an addition to that from Marvel. Little island connected to the main one with a bridge or something, not sure. For super criminals only. gotcha

Bentley
Pym drops him into overspace.

SamZED
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9128/feat22strengthed7.jpg whistle

PS: Pym already admitted his inferiority to Spider-man anyway. shifty

CosmicComet
Pym flicks Parker clear across the city.

Spite.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/2191/pymgonnahate.jpg

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SamZED
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9128/feat22strengthed7.jpg whistle facepalm

Even for a hardcore Spidey fan this is retarded.

SamZED
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6529/fanboy120.jpg

Parmaniac
Ironically that was from a time where Spider-man non stop mentioned he had the proportional strength of a spider, so after being shrunken down to the size of a spider he could still 1-shot soldiers. Marvels writers did a lot of thinking back then... laughing out loud

And they truly must be afraid of spiders

SamZED
Yeah, proportionate strength of a spider in comics is a lot like like "milliom exploding suns". As in nobody knows how the hell does it work exactly.

On-topic. Jokes aside, Pym just put up a fight against a giant "worthy" Absorbing man. Nothing Spider-man can do here other than annoy the crap outta him. Pete's gonna need prep.

Tha C-Master
Actually they mean his strength to weight ratio of a Spider, although that would still be wrong. Proportionate strength of a Spider would actually make him quite weak as his body grew, square cube law and all. Your strength wouldn't at the rate your surface area did.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Giant Man no contest. Pym seems to have no limit to the height he can grow currently.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Bentley
Pym drops him into overspace.

With ease! specially with the lack of SS now while he turns into Wasp form.

Bentley
If Pym still carries his gadgets from his time as the Wasp this is even more unfair, if you read the Ant-Man & the Wasp mini you'll notice how he casually counters several death traps using his little mini tools, which makes him very damn impressive without any prep.

the ninjak
Pym is Dr Who on steroids.

His gadget pen alone allowed him to take on the Inhuman Godfather in melee combat.

He can become microscopic instantly and fly with wasp style wings and upon touching his opponent can dump them in overspace.

Pym doesn't need no phonebooth he has himself.

This fight is a Stomp in favor of the Scientist Supreme.

leonidas
cool, cool. see, i learned something in this thread. smile

the ninjak
Cheers.
Pym's limit is Mid Herald X2 as evident in the recent Fear Itself series. But the fight isn't over.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.