Hal Jordan & Sinestro vs. Adam Warlock & Magus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Lord Feron
T! the current versions of Team 2 is weaksauce compared to their classic versions.

Bentley
Depending on how they are all powered I give team 1 the win.

quanchi112
If it's current versions I give the win to team 2. Magus is too much here.

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
If it's current versions I give the win to team 2. Magus is too much here.

Depending on his use of faith engines I agree.

Edit: Scratch that, Magus never faced anyone this powerful.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Lord Feron
T! the current versions of Team 2 is weaksauce compared to their classic versions.
I think the current versions might even be stronger... except for lacking the soul gems, obviously.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bentley
Depending on his use of faith engines I agree.

Edit: Scratch that, Magus never faced anyone this powerful. He doesn't need the faith engines here.

Bentley
He doesn't need the faith engines here.

He didn't do anything without the engines except losing against Vulcan.

quanchi112
He didn't do anything without the engines except losing against Vulcan. Magus didn't have the engines against the gotg.

Bentley
Magus didn't have the engines against the gotg.

None of the Guardians is capable of hanging with Sinestro. Also, the Engines were there and Magus was using them, that's how he could compete with a cosmic cube.

quanchi112
None of the Guardians is capable of hanging with Sinestro. Also, the Engines were there and Magus was using them, that's how he could compete with a cosmic cube. They used the death forged blade of Oblivion so yes with that they would be. Magus even while weakened easily was whooping them. Sinestro was getting his a-- d by just Mongul.

Stoic
I'm thinking that Hal would be taking on Magus in this case, because Warlocks hue would most likely give him fits. If this is the case, I give a slight edge to team 2.

Bentley
They used the death forged blade of Oblivion so yes with that they would be. Magus even while weakened easily was whooping them. Sinestro was getting his a-- d by just Mongul.

I find it lame that you try to pass Sinistro's fight with Mongul as if it was a low showing, that version of Mongul did more than unamped Magus during all his run, and didn't actually beat Sinistro. In the other hand, the Yellow Lantern trashed the Weaponer who stomped several lanterns without a problem.

Also, lol at the sword argument, that blade didn't do anything worth of notice, Hal is head and shoulders above the GotG in a battle that Magus may have been amped. Bottomline, you cannot prove he can handle with GLs.

Parmaniac
Does current Hal even have a ring?

Bentley
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Does current Hal even have a ring?

Who cares, Sinestro solos evil face

quanchi112
I find it lame that you try to pass Sinistro's fight with Mongul as if it was a low showing, that version of Mongul did more than unamped Magus during all his run, and didn't actually beat Sinistro. In the other hand, the Yellow Lantern trashed the Weaponer who stomped several lanterns without a problem.

Also, lol at the sword argument, that blade didn't do anything worth of notice, Hal is head and shoulders above the GotG in a battle that Magus may have been amped. Bottomline, you cannot prove he can handle with GLs. No way could Mongul beat Magus. Magus was too sly and too smart he even fooled a cc user while weakened. The guy was just too much and too crafty with his magic to be directly killed by any gl ring user.

Magus was weakened after he sealed the fault it was stated in the comic. Mongul crushing Sinestro doesn't help your case and Hal is definitely beatable.

Bentley
No way could Mongul beat Magus. Magus was too sly and too smart he even fooled a cc user while weakened. The guy was just too much and too crafty with his magic to be directly killed by any gl ring user.

Magus was weakened after he sealed the fault it was stated in the comic. Mongul crushing Sinestro doesn't help your case and Hal is definitely beatable.

Sinestro actually beat Mongul, Mongul went against several lanterns and Ion, he's no pushover, you're trying to make him sound weak but he's stronger than anyone Magus ever fought, which is everything that matters here. Sinestro has beat better than Magus, that's a fact.

Also, Steve Rogers has fought CCusers with better cubes and more experience than Starlord. Try to push Magus's feats all you want, hiding won't make him win here -and there won't be Faith Engines for back up either-.

quanchi112
Sinestro actually beat Mongul, Mongul went against several lanterns and Ion, he's no pushover, you're trying to make him sound weak but he's stronger than anyone Magus ever fought, which is everything that matters here. Sinestro has beat better than Magus, that's a fact.

Also, Steve Rogers has fought CCusers with better cubes and more experience than Starlord. Try to push Magus's feats all you want, hiding won't make him win here -and there won't be Faith Engines for back up either-. Sinestro only beat him because he had complete control over his rings which is only exclusive to that situation. Who has Sinestro beaten superior to Magus ?

Steve Rogers can't resist the cc powers or fake his own death. So wrong once again, bucko. Context.

iceman24567
Team one for the majority

Bentley
Sinestro only beat him because he had complete control over his rings which is only exclusive to that situation. Who has Sinestro beaten superior to Magus ?

Steve Rogers can't resist the cc powers or fake his own death. So wrong once again, bucko. Context.

So Sinestro never lost against Mongul? Good.

I'm simply pointing out that tricking a CC user is not much of a big deal as you try to put it, you're trying to make Magus sound more impressive than he was.

Sinestro beat the Weaponer and Kyle, that's more than Magus ever did.

quanchi112
So Sinestro never lost against Mongul? Good.

I'm simply pointing out that tricking a CC user is not much of a big deal as you try to put it, you're trying to make Magus sound more impressive than he was.

Sinestro beat the Weaponer and Kyle, that's more than Magus ever did. Due to the reasons where he controlled his sc rings, yes.

Tricking a cc user while weakened and slowing things down to fake your own death is impressive.

Beating on the gotg while weakened which included a death forged weapon is a lot more impressive than Kyle and the weaponer.

Bentley
Except it isn't. What has that sword done that is so impressive? I'm not sure if you're talking about Phyla's blade or Gamora's but the question is the same. Nothing impressive. Not. At. All.

In the other hand the Weaponer trashed an entire team of lanterns and Kyle is a proven top tier on his own right.

Also you fail at getting that Sinestro never lost against Mongul. It's funny how you're willing to defend Thanos when he was trashed by Odin, but Sinestro who actually koed his opponent and walked away with a smile "lost" in your eyes.

We've had this Magus discussion several times already, he got trashed by Vulcan, one-shotted by Marvell and overpowered by Black Bolt. Except he tricked some metas using illusions and suddenly that makes him incredible in your eyes.

Kang even stated that Magus would be weakened for about five seconds after the Guardians went against him, so when Starlord refused to kill him inmediately, he was already powering up.

quanchi112
Except it isn't. What has that sword done that is so impressive? I'm not sure if you're talking about Phyla's blade or Gamora's but the question is the same. Nothing impressive. Not. At. All.

In the other hand the Weaponer trashed an entire team of lanterns and Kyle is a proven top tier on his own right.

Also you fail at getting that Sinestro never lost against Mongul. It's funny how you're willing to defend Thanos when he was trashed by Odin, but Sinestro who actually koed his opponent and walked away with a smile "lost" in your eyes.

We've had this Magus discussion several times already, he got trashed by Vulcan, one-shotted by Marvell and overpowered by Black Bolt. Except he tricked some metas using illusions and suddenly that makes him incredible in your eyes.

Kang even stated that Magus would be weakened for about five seconds after the Guardians went against him, so when Starlord refused to kill him inmediately, he was already powering up. The fact that it's a death forged blade that could kill the Magus. The fact that despite this it was nothing he couldn't battle through against a team pitted against him while he was in a weakened condition.

Magus never fought Vulcan. That was warlock not adam magus. I'd hope you would know the difference.

Yes, despite his weakened condition and the short time frame he had he still avoided death against the cc. What a tremendous feat.

Bentley
The fact that it's a death forged blade that could kill the Magus. The fact that despite this it was nothing he couldn't battle through against a team pitted against him while he was in a weakened condition.

And that lousy blade gave him pretty much no trouble because anyone with a decent powerset could handle it. Magneto would've, Vulcan would've, or Iron Man. Color me unimpressed.

Magus never fought Vulcan. That was warlock not adam magus. I'd hope you would know the difference.

Except the story made it explicit that Warlock was Magus during the last few weeks, do you want me to pull a scan or did you actually read the comics?

Yes, despite his weakened condition and the short time frame he had he still avoided death against the cc. What a tremendous feat.

Beh. You missed the point. Lucky for you this random discussions don't have judges or anything remotely similar to public interest big grin

quanchi112
And that lousy blade gave him pretty much no trouble because anyone with a decent powerset could handle it. Magneto would've, Vulcan would've, or Iron Man. Color me unimpressed.

Except the story made it explicit that Warlock was Magus during the last few weeks, do you want me to pull a scan or did you actually read the comics?

Beh. You missed the point. Lucky for you this random discussions don't have judges or anything remotely similar to public interest big grin Magneto, Vulcan, and Iron Man can't fake their own death with as little time as Magus did against a cc user while weakened. Nope.

Magus wasn't in complete control yet until he actually changed over. The feat let down his last defenses and brought him completely out at that point.

Lucky for you they don't and undermining the Magus isn't saving Sinestro or Hal here.

the ninjak
Both Adam and Magus fighting as a team!

Oh man they win this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
Both Adam and Magus fighting as a team!

Oh man they win this. thumb up

Bentley
Magneto, Vulcan, and Iron Man can't fake their own death with as little time as Magus did against a cc user while weakened. Nope.

I was referring to the sword which you brought up several time and has no relevance or whatsoever in making Magus "impressive". According to you tricking some metas is worth of the high herald status. Me don't buy.

Magus wasn't in complete control yet until he actually changed over. The feat let down his last defenses and brought him completely out at that point.

And yet Magus killed some guys before all this happened, because he was present nonetheless, and he fled from Vulcan too.

Lucky for you they don't and undermining the Magus isn't saving Sinestro or Hal here.

I was talking about your debating and double standards shifty

the ninjak
Vulcan absorbed magic like all energy types like a hoover. He fled cause he had bigger fish to fry.

Like summoning the Ancient Ones to obliterate the galaxy.

quanchi112
I was referring to the sword which you brought up several time and has no relevance or whatsoever in making Magus "impressive". According to you tricking some metas is worth of the high herald status. Me don't buy.

And yet Magus killed some guys before all this happened, because he was present nonetheless, and he fled from Vulcan too.

I was talking about your debating and double standards shifty The metas weren't just using their own power they had a death forged blade and a cc later on. Impressive me thinks since he wasn't at optimum power.

Vulcan is tailor cut for this kind of character but the point is that wasn't Magus as of yet, fully.

I don't use double standards I expose my enemies for such treachery.

Bentley
Originally posted by the ninjak
Vulcan absorbed magic like all energy types like a hoover. He fled cause he had bigger fish to fry.

Like summoning the Ancient Ones to obliterate the galaxy.

I'm not saying Vulcan isn't uber, I'm plainly stating that Magus never did anything that impressive. Saying that Vulcan's powerset defined his battle against Magus is just like saying Magus's powerset defined his battle against the Guardians. Is a matter of powerset, not sheer power.

Here, Magus is going to be overpowered.

quanchi112
I'm not saying Vulcan isn't uber, I'm plainly stating that Magus never did anything that impressive. Saying that Vulcan's powerset defined his battle against Magus is just like saying Magus's powerset defined his battle against the Guardians. Is a matter of powerset, not sheer power.

Here, Magus is going to be overpowered. Certain powersets are better against certain powersets. It's about matchups and like I said he wasn't fully the Magus at that point yet.

No, way. Magus is too crafty, versatile, and effective to lose here.

Bentley
No, way. Magus is too crafty, versatile, and effective to lose here.

How is he going to win this exactly? He'll be in the receiving end of herald level attacks from the beginning of the combat.

dmills
Two things.

1)I thought that the Magus was above high herald?

2) Why the hell is Sinestro rated so highly on this forum?

Harbinger
Originally posted by dmills
Two things.

1)I thought that the Magus was above high herald?

2) Why the hell is Sinestro rated so highly on this forum? 1. Afro Magus is > HH. The most recent Magus, though? Bentley's not impressed.

2. Sinestro is for all intents and purposes Hal's equal IMO (might be stronger or slightly weaker depending on how you view him), so he's a legit top tier.

dmills
Originally posted by Harbinger
1. Afro Magus is > HH. The most recent Magus, though? Bentley's not impressed.

2. Sinestro is for all intents and purposes Hal's equal IMO (might be stronger or slightly weaker depending on how you view him), so he's a legit top tier.

Ah I see.

quanchi112
How is he going to win this exactly? He'll be in the receiving end of herald level attacks from the beginning of the combat. He can go astral form and probably just take the rings right off of them just like he did against the death blade.

iceman24567
Sinestro and Hal both are top tier Lanterns. They win a majority here

Bentley
He can go astral form and probably just take the rings right off of them just like he did against the death blade.

Well, that's an interesting strategy -kudos- and it may work if not for shielding. I don't know if it's reasonable to remove a ring or the Quantum bands using that exact strategy, -maybe you mentioned this when we discussed Magus vs Agent Orange a while back-, considering they've safeguards unlike the sword.

quanchi112
Well, that's an interesting strategy -kudos- and it may work if not for shielding. I don't know if it's reasonable to remove a ring or the Quantum bands using that exact strategy, -maybe you mentioned this when we discussed Magus vs Agent Orange a while back-, considering they've safeguards unlike the sword. I did mention this as a viable tactic against AO. I just don't think Magus will ever let himself be beaten by these two as he can even go so far as to fake his own death against someone with a cc so I can't see these two coming close to that level of power and formidability.

Bentley
I did mention this as a viable tactic against AO. I just don't think Magus will ever let himself be beaten by these two as he can even go so far as to fake his own death against someone with a cc so I can't see these two coming close to that level of power and formidability.

Well, it was a broken CC used by Peter Quill, we don't even know if he gained any awareness with it -which he needed to see beyond the ilusions-. If Peter suspected all of it to be a lie, he could've probably dissipate the ilusion easily with the cube. This guys in the other hand, have some of the most advanced detecting devices in the universe, it would be hard for Magus to slip from them to begin with.

quanchi112
Well, it was a broken CC used by Peter Quill, we don't even know if he gained any awareness with it -which he needed to see beyond the ilusions-. If Peter suspected all of it to be a lie, he could've probably dissipate the ilusion easily with the cube. This guys in the other hand, have some of the most advanced detecting devices in the universe, it would be hard for Magus to slip from them to begin with. Magus did all this in the limited amount of time before he showed up. Quill isn't a genius but to make him believe he came to the hardest decision in his life and to pull it off so effortlessly and with little warning this makes me thing these two ring wielders don't have a chance.

Bentley
Magus did all this in the limited amount of time before he showed up. Quill isn't a genius but to make him believe he came to the hardest decision in his life and to pull it off so effortlessly and with little warning this makes me thing these two ring wielders don't have a chance.

Magus knew Quill and the Guardians well enough to pull this off, also, he had a window of time, slight as it may be, that let him pull the strings before anything happens -if I recall correctly he felt them teleporting, he pretty much acted before the Guardians were there-. Against the opponents in this thread he won't have such commodity. Illusions are way less effective when your opponent is out to find you and detects the moment in which you cast them.

I truly understand if you feel Magus is powerful enough to fight the duo, but nothing proves so, and Warlock is going down quickly against these two. Even if Magus was evenly matched with them, he's not soloing two high heralds without feats to back it up.

iceman24567
Magus knew Quill and the Guardians well enough to pull this off, also, he had a window of time, slight as it may be, that let him pull the strings before anything happens -if I recall correctly he felt them teleporting, he pretty much acted before the Guardians were there-. Against the opponents in this thread he won't have such commodity. Illusions are way less effective when your opponent is out to find you and detects the moment in which you cast them.

I truly understand if you feel Magus is powerful enough to fight the duo, but nothing proves so, and Warlock is going down quickly against these two. Even if Magus was evenly matched with them, he's not soloing two high heralds without feats to back it up. thumb up

quanchi112

I truly understand if you feel Magus is powerful enough to fight the duo, but nothing proves so, and Warlock is going down quickly against these two. Even if Magus was evenly matched with them, he's not soloing two high heralds without feats to back it up. Even if so how do they attack him in astral form ?

I honestly don't see Warlock going down that quickly either and see Magus soloing if he has to.

Bouboumaster
Last versions of team 2: Team 1 maul them a new *******.
Classic version of team 2: Afro Magus solo.

Bentley
Even if so how do they attack him in astral form ?

I honestly don't see Warlock going down that quickly either and see Magus soloing if he has to.

Well, that's our main disagreement, I just don't see Magus soloing. Nothing backs up that case nor any proven power up puts him at high herald, let alone solid trans.

Hal may have affected astral forms before, but I'd need to check that with someone who's more in tune with his older feats. Nonetheless, I frankly don't see Magus going astral while Sinestro and Hal break his body.

quanchi112
Well, that's our main disagreement, I just don't see Magus soloing. Nothing backs up that case nor any proven power up puts him at high herald, let alone solid trans.

Hal may have affected astral forms before, but I'd need to check that with someone who's more in tune with his older feats. Nonetheless, I frankly don't see Magus going astral while Sinestro and Hal break his body. Power levels don't prove anything it's all about combat effectiveness or overall formidability. I would have hoped you wouldn't be stuck thinking power levels prove really anything or set the standard for the writers as they tell their stories.

They won't break his body since he fought against very skilled opponents and no one came close to really even hurting him. When the death blade touched him and he knew it could kill him he took it away.

Bentley
Power levels don't prove anything it's all about combat effectiveness or overall formidability. I would have hoped you wouldn't be stuck thinking power levels prove really anything or set the standard for the writers as they tell their stories.

They won't break his body since he fought against very skilled opponents and no one came close to really even hurting him. When the death blade touched him and he knew it could kill him he took it away.

When he got hit with the sword it was an illusion, also we don't know anything about the sword, it has no feats and everything about it it's assumption.

I don't understand why you claim Magus is more effective in combat or more formidable, you haven't advanced anything in those regards, as you cannot refute that GLs have more proven power.

This is you providing opinion without giving proof.

quanchi112
When he got hit with the sword it was an illusion, also we don't know anything about the sword, it has no feats and everything about it it's assumption.

I don't understand why you claim Magus is more effective in combat or more formidable, you haven't advanced anything in those regards, as you cannot refute that GLs have more proven power.

This is you providing opinion without giving proof. From what I recall correctly it grazed him and feats aren't what's important the intent is clearly it's a death blade that would have killed him.

The gl's can't hit him enough to beat him. He's too quick thinking for them and can take the rings off of them or go astral.

iceman24567
Hal solos

Bentley
From what I recall correctly it grazed him and feats aren't what's important the intent is clearly it's a death blade that would have killed him.

The gl's can't hit him enough to beat him. He's too quick thinking for them and can take the rings off of them or go astral.

Unimpressive sword is unimpressive. If you want to convince yourself of random stuff, do it as much as you want, but don't bring it over a debate, opinion doesn't really matter here.

GL's are shielded and Hal can hit astral. Magus is phucked.

quanchi112
Unimpressive sword is unimpressive. If you want to convince yourself of random stuff, do it as much as you want, but don't bring it over a debate, opinion doesn't really matter here.

GL's are shielded and Hal can hit astral. Magus is phucked. The story made it clear it can kill him. Are you disputing this ? The point is he made sure the sword didn't touch him again due to combat effectiveness.

Gl's also power down all the time and aren't always shielded. So what if he hits astral he isn't beating Magus there anyways as he can trick him anywho if he wants to.

Bentley
So the sword can kill, good, we know it's not a prop. It still did nothing and it's a melee weapon against a herald level powerset. I may as well get a magical club when fighting Superman.

So you're counting in Magus doing tricks he's never done and opposing the lantern's proved abilities. Yeah, that's still opinion. If he was fighting just one top lantern I could understand you feel Magus is powerful, he has some nice implied power. But here, against two formidable high heralds with arguments like "they may not shield themselves", well... It feels like lowballing.

quanchi112
So the sword can kill, good, we know it's not a prop. It still did nothing and it's a melee weapon against a herald level powerset. I may as well get a magical club when fighting Superman.

So you're counting in Magus doing tricks he's never done and opposing the lantern's proved abilities. Yeah, that's still opinion. If he was fighting just one top lantern I could understand you feel Magus is powerful, he has some nice implied power. But here, against two formidable high heralds with arguments like "they may not shield themselves", well... It feels like lowballing. It wasn't wielded by a dummy Magus just took away the weapon that could kill him because he's smart.

Faking his own death is a trick he's done. Magus can catch them off guard like he did with the oblivion forged blade.

Bentley
Or, the lanterns could react to the energy he uses for his magic, use his autoshields, block him with shields etc.

The swords was used by someone who was leagues under Magus, this time he's fighting people with superior status.

quanchi112
Or, the lanterns could react to the energy he uses for his magic, use his autoshields, block him with shields etc.

The swords was used by someone who was leagues under Magus, this time he's fighting people with superior status. They can do so but it won't help them beat him. Do you have any showings where either lantern beats a magic user by reacting to the energy by a magic user.

The sword wasn't used by someone not skilled with a sword is the point. It was a competent swordswoman but just not up to the task against the Magus.

Bentley
Of course there are scans of Lanterns reacting to magic. If I post them you'll accept Magus loses?

quanchi112
Of course there are scans of Lanterns reacting to magic. If I post them you'll accept Magus loses? Not just reacting but neutralizing the magic user by neutralizing the energy.

Bentley
I know what you mean.

Would you conceed?

quanchi112
I know what you mean.

Would you conceed? I won't make any promises but would like to see the scans or have you reference the issue numbers. It's also concede.

Bentley
Me, french.

Meh, I rest unconvinced to be honest, it's a lot of drag to counter just one tactic and then you'll just throw a new one.

I concede.

You won this debate as always Quan. As always.

quanchi112
Me, french.

Meh, I rest unconvinced to be honest, it's a lot of drag to counter just one tactic and then you'll just throw a new one.

I concede.

You won this debate as always Quan. As always. Next time save yourself the trouble. I really appreciate posters who fight the good fight and who dare to oppose me. It can't be easy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.