Surtur with Twilight Sword VS Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who wins

zopzop
Stomp, Surtur without Twilight could stalemate him like Odin is doing now. With Twilight, Surtur destroys Galactus.

vansonbee
Originally posted by zopzop
Stomp, Surtur without Twilight could stalemate him like Odin is doing now. With Twilight, Surtur destroys Galactus. We should actually wait till it ends, to make that judgment sad

Until its done and whatever the circumstances are, Galactus wins against Surtur and his sword

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by vansonbee
We should actually wait till it ends, to make that judgment sad

Until its done and whatever the circumstances are, Galactus wins against Surtur and his sword based on what?

Surturs sword is made up of a galaxy, he destroyed a galaxy to forge the sword

vansonbee
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
based on what?

Surturs sword is made up of a galaxy, he destroyed a galaxy to forge the sword Did he now?

So his sword can destroy galaxy as well? I'm just puzzle how its gonna end in the Odin/Galactus match-up. Galactus for past decade is presented as an important being in Marvel.

zopzop
Did he now?

So his sword can destroy galaxy as well?
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6253/249391-surtur0016wreckinggalaxct1_super.jpg

Merely by forging his sword, Surtur busted a galaxy.

vansonbee
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/6253/249391-surtur0016wreckinggalaxct1_super.jpg

Merely by forging his sword, Surtur busted a galaxy. So the sword itself did not bust a galaxy, but the forging of it? smile

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

the Darkone
Galactus will stomp Surtur!

Odin and Galactus are battle\ing each other on the mental plane,nothing physical yet. But I hope so, I feel Galactus will win but I also believe Odin will give Hell to the World eater.

cdtm
Probably Galactus.

Give Surter the Cask of Ancient Winters, and put him near the Eternal Flame, and it becomes a stomp in Surturs favor.

Eternal Idol
Galactus impales Surtur though the sternum with his own sword, then gives Matt Fraction the Cosmic Pimp Hand for good measure.

BullwinkleMoose
Unless Surtur can prevent Nullification (he can't), then Galactus wins

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Anyone else getting tired of all the Skyfather wanking and Cosmic jobbing that seems to be Marvel's idea of good writing lately?

Galactus as he's presently being written would probably lose.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
Anyone else getting tired of all the Skyfather wanking and Cosmic jobbing that seems to be Marvel's idea of good writing lately?

Galactus as he's presently being written would probably lose. You don't know whether he'd win or lose yet as the fight has only just begun.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by quanchi112
You don't know whether he'd win or lose yet as the fight has only just begun.

I'm talking about how he's been written since after Annihilation.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by BullwinkleMoose
Unless Surtur can prevent Nullification (he can't), then Galactus wins
this is retarded logic, unless stated otherwise galactus doesnt have the freeking UN in every forum fight

Wodenson
So the sword itself did not bust a galaxy, but the forging of it? smile

Correct. Surtur decimated the galaxy and used the energy from its core as the ingot to forge the sword.

Eternal Idol

Yep.

Wodenson
The cosmics have had, what, 30 years of wanking?

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Wodenson
The cosmics have had, what, 30 years of wanking?

Abstracts > Skyfathers. Therefore, it was never wanking.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Galactus as he's presently being written would probably lose.

More accurately, Marvel finally stopped jobbing the Odin and wanking Cosmic Entities.

Don't understand all the bitching. Aside from the fact that Odin is not doing anything that should be beyond his power, he's most likely going to come out looking worse in round 2.

I just hope Galactus has to resort to some outside help like his Worldship so I can still have some fun when it's all said and done. The mere notion that Odin can put up a good fight against Galactus is rejected so as long as it's close, I'm good.

vansonbee
I'm talking about how he's been written since after Annihilation. He had 2 equal of standing of gods fighting him and plot device to restraint him later on. Its plausible and thats how comics work indirectly!

leonidas
be interesting to see what g could do against the sword, or what would happen if he was impaled. g would likely still win this fight. surtur w/twilight was about even with odin. i think g will likely be the winner in the 'big fight', but like rage said, nothing odin's done should surprise anyone. and ffs, stop saying abstracts>>>>>skyfathers. friggin quasar defeated an abstract (anomaly). malestrom, as an agent of oblivion, actually ASSUMED ANOMALY's powers and station! the big thing with abstracts is that they can't PERMANENTLY die. they'll simply generate a new m-body. skyfathers CAN die. aside from that, there is no 'inherent' reason AT ALL that an abstract needs to be greater than a skyfather.

NO REASON AT ALL.

in the case of anomaly, he wasn't even BORN an abstract entity! it simply perceived an empty conceptual niche and formed itself to fill it. pretty awe-inspiring..... clearly such a being MUST be leagues above a petty skyfather....

please.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
More accurately, Marvel finally stopped jobbing the Odin and wanking Cosmic Entities.

Don't understand all the bitching. Aside from the fact that Odin is not doing anything that should be beyond his power, he's most likely going to come out looking worse in round 2.

I just hope Galactus has to resort to some outside help like his Worldship so I can still have some fun when it's all said and done. The mere notion that Odin can put up a good fight against Galactus is rejected so as long as it's close, I'm good.

QFT.

Seriously, it doesn't make sense; it's like Fraction has kidnapped people's parents and is holding them ransom or some shit.

Originally posted by leonidas
be interesting to see what g could do against the sword, or what would happen if he was impaled. g would likely still win this fight. surtur w/twilight was about even with odin. i think g will likely be the winner in the 'big fight', but like rage said, nothing odin's done should surprise anyone. and ffs, stop saying abstracts>>>>>skyfathers. friggin quasar defeated an abstract (anomaly). malestrom, as an agent of oblivion, actually ASSUMED ANOMALY's powers and station! the big thing with abstracts is that they can't PERMANENTLY die. they'll simply generate a new m-body. skyfathers CAN die. aside from that, there is no 'inherent' reason AT ALL that an abstract needs to be greater than a skyfather.

NO REASON AT ALL.

in the case of anomaly, he wasn't even BORN an abstract entity! it simply perceived an empty conceptual niche and formed itself to fill it. pretty awe-inspiring..... clearly such a being MUST be leagues above a petty skyfather....

please.

thumb up

Shit, if we took Odin's feats, changed his name and background, but kept his power level the same, people would have slapped the "cosmic being/abstract" label on him years ago.

Wodenson
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Abstracts > Skyfathers. Therefore, it was never wanking.

Galactus is not an abstract, so I guess you have nothing to complain about.

Harbinger
Wanking cosmics how, exactly? You mean whoring out Eternity and turning Big E into a jobber? Galactus getting blasted across a moon by Thanos?

Other than Big G's showing during Annihilation (stalemating Tenebrous while hungry before getting cheap-shotted, wiping out three star systems and damn near all of the A-fleet, etc.), how have abstracts cosmics been wanked (and hell, Annihilation wasn't wanking, it was how Big G should be portrayed)?

Mindset
Abstracts should be >>>>> Skyfathers.

Accept it, noobs.

CosmicComet
I need to see Odin get the shit beat out of him soon.

He makes me hate the skyfather label.

leonidas
then stop thinking of it as a label and look at the character and his history.

Wodenson
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I need to see Odin get the shit beat out of him soon.

He makes me hate the skyfather label.

Because he's doing well against Galactus, thus violating cosmic fanboy doctrine.

Open wide and take your medicine.

Eternal Idol
Galactus is not an abstract, so I guess you have nothing to complain about. Close enough. He's the Balance between Eternity and Death.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Personally, I hope Odin just pulls out the scepter of power and messes Galactus up with it.

Than we can enjoy the bitching from the usual suspects, and enjoy the fact that they can reject whatever they want, canonically it happened. ^_^

h1a8
Originally posted by cdtm
Personally, I hope Odin just pulls out the scepter of power and messes Galactus up with it.

Than we can enjoy the bitching from the usual suspects, and enjoy the fact that they can reject whatever they want, canonically it happened. ^_^ Canonically a lot of dumb stuff happens. But that classifies it as PIS or SvFL.

Wodenson
Originally posted by h1a8
Canonically a lot of dumb stuff happens. But that classifies it as PIS or SvFL.

I classify you as PIS or SvFL.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Canonically a lot of dumb stuff happens. But that classifies it as PIS or SvFL. In your opinion but what the writers write is a fact.

TheLordofMurder
Sometimes I wonder why I continue to debate these things; perhaps I'm insane...

Anyway, since illogic apparently reigns supreme in the world of comics, I can see this being a close fight...

But if logic was a factor (and sadly it isnt) Sutur would get spite stomped here; no Earthly deity should have a snowballs chance in hell against a being that is the middle force between two major universal abstracts...

I, too, am tired of all the Skyfather wanking that goes on in Marvel; in Marvel, Earth based deities are mighty beyond belief while Abstracts and Semi-Abstracts (like Eternity and Galactus respectively) job on a regular basis and dont use a fraction of the intellect or knowledge they have accumulated when making decisions...

Wodenson
You must have a serious problem with how Galactus has been portrayed in the last 40 years.

TheLordofMurder
You must have a serious problem with how Galactus has been portrayed in the last 40 years.

I do...

Most of his showings are cringe inducing; Marvel uses him because he is a popular character and people like him, but they job him repeatedly to make other characters important to the story or use him as a punching bag to show off how badass someone or something else is...

Very rarely do his showings do justice to what he's supposed to be...

And Marvel treats Eternity even worse than Galactus, but makes a mere Skyfather like Odin consistently badass...

Its ridiculous...

Wodenson
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Very rarely do his showings do justice to what he's supposed to be...

The way he's supposed to be is the way he's been portrayed in comics since his creation.

What are you talking about? Barring one or two incidents, Odin has been in a perpetual slump since 1970 or so. One writer finally decides to dust off his original power level and cosmic fans get chafed? Cry me a river.

Stan Lee and Jack Kirby intended for Odin and Galactus to be on the same level, as suggested by their classic run in MIGHTY THOR vol. 1.

quanchi112
I will chime in here to add this. Skyfather levels are just something the fans made up as a ranking system on battleboards and writers honestly couldn't care less. The fairest most objective way to view this is what the writer gives us. If Odin beats Galactus then this writer views Odin as superior for whatever reason and I will accept it until another writer changes it.

This whole he's an abstract he wins or he's a skyfather he wins, he's multiversal, etc. is silly and suspends debate.

If someone can shut down a multiversal beings' mind then he can beat that person. This is in theory mind you. So all of these battle debates should be ultimately determined by their abilities, what's in character, and how they stack up against each other.

Colossus-Big C
Surtur Wins

JakeTheBank
I will chime in here to add this. Skyfather levels are just something the fans made up as a ranking system on battleboards and writers honestly couldn't care less. The fairest most objective way to view this is what the writer gives us. If Odin beats Galactus then this writer views Odin as superior for whatever reason and I will accept it until another writer changes it.

This whole he's an abstract he wins or he's a skyfather he wins, he's multiversal, etc. is silly and suspends debate.

If someone can shut down a multiversal beings' mind then he can beat that person. This is in theory mind you. So all of these battle debates should be ultimately determined by their abilities, what's in character, and how they stack up against each other.

Quan? The voice of reason?

*headasplodes*

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Quan? The voice of reason?

*headasplodes* You do realize that was my herochat nickname once upon a time. They called me reason for short.

JakeTheBank
Ha, I've never been on HeroChat, so I honestly didn't know.

quanchi112
Ha, I've never been on HeroChat, so I honestly didn't know. Well I am kidding someone once called me that sarcastically I took it and ran with it. I used to say that poster dubbed me the voice of reason just to screw with him. It worked beautifully.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Stomp, Surtur without Twilight could stalemate him like Odin is doing now. With Twilight, Surtur destroys Galactus.

Zop.. Jesus.. you do realize that they have ONLY key word there is ONLY... had a TP fight right? That doesn't mean it would be a stalemate in an all out battle.. you understand the difference between just a TP battle and an all out battle. Moondragon and Mantis could stalemate Thanos in a TP battle but get utterly destroyed in an all out battle.

zopzop
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Zop.. Jesus.. you do realize that they have ONLY key word there is ONLY... had a TP fight right? That doesn't mean it would be a stalemate in an all out battle.. you understand the difference between just a TP battle and an all out battle. Moondragon and Mantis could stalemate Thanos in a TP battle but get utterly destroyed in an all out battle.

Dude, it's more than just "merely" a TP fight. Galactus is HELLBENT on getting that seed, it means he'll never have to feed again (as acknowledged by Surfer himself on panel).

As we've seen in the Thanos Imperative, when upper level cosmics fight, there's more to it then mortal eyes can see.

JakeTheBank
As far as we know, the battle resembled a telepathic showdown, with flashbacks to Odin and Galan's memories, respectively. As far as Thor and Sif and the others were concerned, the battle taking place was beyond their godly comprehension and I'm assuming Fraction and Coipel portrayed the battle as a "TP showdown" as the closest means to show us the confrontation between the two instead of conventional energy blasting spam.

In any case, whether it really was a TP battle in the strict sense of the word or it was a battle which really took place on a level Thor/Sif/The Reader couldn't comprehend in actuality, it shows us that Odin contended evenly with Galactus on the mutual battlefield. Nothing more, nothing less.

Getting pissed about "skyfather wanking" (and really, since when has Odin been wanked by Marvel? :/ ) or "cosmic jobbing" is ridiculous when we look at feats as a whole. Originally, Odin was portrayed on a level very close to Galactus, with Galactus possibly edging him out at his peak levels. Fraction has stated numerous times he wanted to hearken back to the Lee/Kirby days of Thor, blending the mystical with the cosmic. Why people are pissed that Odin will more than likely give Galactus a good fight and not be totally curbstomped by him, is beyond me.

vince_slice
As far as we know, the battle resembled a telepathic showdown, with flashbacks to Odin and Galan's memories, respectively. As far as Thor and Sif and the others were concerned, the battle taking place was beyond their godly comprehension and I'm assuming Fraction and Coipel portrayed the battle as a "TP showdown" as the closest means to show us the confrontation between the two instead of conventional energy blasting spam.

In any case, whether it really was a TP battle in the strict sense of the word or it was a battle which really took place on a level Thor/Sif/The Reader couldn't comprehend in actuality, it shows us that Odin contended evenly with Galactus on the mutual battlefield. Nothing more, nothing less.

The fight between Odin and Galactus was clearly portrayed as a telepathic battle in the comic. Are you really going to argue it was more than that? Especially when the preview of the next issue shows Odin getting pissed and rushing toward Galactus, with what looks like a physical confrontation?

Stalemating Galactus in a telepathic battle doesn't mean you're his equal in power. Thanos almost successfully got into Galactus' mind telepathically, but in terms of power, he's still an insect compared to Galactus. People rush to judge this fight way too early.

Batman-Prime

thumb up Hmm, Quan, maybe I should read your posts again.

As for this thread, Galactus should win imho.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by vince_slice
The fight between Odin and Galactus was clearly portrayed as a telepathic battle in the comic. Are you really going to argue it was more than that? Especially when the preview of the next issue shows Odin getting pissed and rushing toward Galactus, with what looks like a physical confrontation?

Stalemating Galactus in a telepathic battle doesn't mean you're his equal in power. Thanos almost successfully got into Galactus' mind telepathically, but in terms of power, he's still an insect compared to Galactus. People rush to judge this fight way too early.

Judging from Thor and Sif's commentary, the battle was beyond their comprehension as two beings "more godly then they" battled. It sure as hell seemed like a psychic struggle, but then again, why would Fraction try to drive home the point that it was a battle beyond the conventional? Doesn't make much sense when they could have easily just said it was telepathic battle instead of attempting to portray it as a battle between two "omnipotents".

Thanos also sucker blasted Galactus off his feet, caused him physical damage to his armor/helmet in the process, and forced him to expend valueable energy to breach his shields. Not bad for an insect and Odin's feats clearly trump Thanos', imo.

It just seems like if this arc resolves with anything less than Galactus clearly obliterating Odin, with or without special gear such as the World Seed/Destroyer Armor/etc, people are going to be incredibly irked about it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.