Lord Marvel vs. Onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

Oslaught1262
Onslaught is much more powerful than captain Marvel, he wins

Stoic
Onslaught

Nihilist
Lord Marvel

KingD19
Captain Marvel and Lord Marvel are two different entities. Lord Marvel is one of the most powerful beings in the DCU.

Stoic
Originally posted by KingD19
Captain Marvel and Lord Marvel are two different entities. Lord Marvel is one of the most powerful beings in the DCU.

Which Lord Marvel DC or Marvel? I mean which one is being used in this thread? And as for him being one of the most powerful in DC, well I'm not buying that, there are far more powerful entities in DC than Lord Marvel. He is bad ass though.

Nihilist
Originally posted by KingD19
Captain Marvel and Lord Marvel are two different entities. Lord Marvel is one of the most powerful beings in the DCU. Lord Marvel is from Marvel and featured in : Thanos Imperative also

Stoic
Originally posted by Nihilist
Lord Marvel is from Marvel and featured in : Thanos Imperative also

I'm going to assume that it is the DC Lord Marvel, as his name is spelled Marvel, and not Mar-Vell. In which case, I have no answer, but am leaning towards Lord Marvel (DC) taking this.

byrdgang21
Lord Mar Vell from TI

Stoic
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Lord Mar Vell from TI

Oh well in that case Onslaught wins.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Stoic
Oh well in that case Onslaught wins. How?

Stoic
How?

The powers of his mind, are vast, as well as the fact that he was able to tame the Phoenix with ease. Mar-vell just didn't show me enough to make me believe that he could beat a bad boy like Onslaught. I realize that Mar-Vell tooled the hell out of Magus, but Magus operated on different levels at different times, and it is inconclusive as to whether or not he was operating at optimum levels. Onslaught was literally an amplified version of his gestalt. The Hulk shattering his armor did not mean that he was weak, it just meant that the Hulk was on the high end in terms of strength levels.

Nihilist
The powers of his mind, are vast, as well as the fact that he was able to tame the Phoenix with ease. Mar-vell just didn't show me enough to make me believe that he could beat a bad boy like Onslaught. I realize that Mar-Vell tooled the hell out of Magus, but Magus operated on different levels at different times, and it is inconclusive as to whether or not he was operating at optimum levels. Onslaught was literally an amplified version of his gestalt. The Hulk shattering his armor did not mean that he was weak, it just meant that the Hulk was on the high end in terms of strength levels. Lord Marvell showed mental powers to mindrape Nova forcing his way through the wolrdminds mental defences.

He was empowered by Elder Gods of the cancerverse as their avatar, and he easily handled Surfer and full powered Nova at the same time. He put Surfer down for a good length of time breaking his board in the process with a casual energy back hand.

Lord Marvell destroyed Thanos ship with flick of his finger casting a spell.

Oslaught1262
onslaught has all the powers of Magneto and Xavier but won't tire because he has no physical form, onslaught will cause a breach in the astral plane blocking the cancerverse gods and will destroy Marvell mentally.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Oslaught1262
onslaught has all the powers of Magneto and Xavier but won't tire because he has no physical form, onslaught will cause a breach in the astral plane blocking the cancerverse gods and will destroy Marvell mentally. laughing out loud

Oslaught1262
he did so against a psychic as powerful as X-man!

Nihilist
he did so against a psychic as powerful as X-man! And?, the cancerverse gods can only be shut off by collapsing thier universe or closing the fault.

Galactus and the Celestials couldnt stop the minnions of the cancerverse pouring in.

Oslaught1262
didnt they have a massive Galactus-bug to hold them at bay? Im sorry, but Marvel is not celestial level.

Nihilist
didnt they have a massive Galactus-bug to hold them at bay? Im sorry, but Marvel is not celestial level. It was the Galactus engine, and a cancerverse minnion/bug killed Aegis who is=Galactus.

And the whole point wasnt about Marvell being Celestial lvl, it was about stopping the cancerverse gods empowering Marvell. If Celestail/Galactus couldnt shut of the connection, Onslaught isnt.

Oslaught1262
galactus and the abstracts didnt try to sever that connection because they had their hands full with the galactus-engine, they didnt attack Marvel directly but onslaught will

if Marvel has powerful psychical powers then maybe Onslaught can absorb him, would you say he's more powerful than Franklin Richards?

Nihilist
galactus and the abstracts didnt try to sever that connection because they had their hands full with the galactus-engine, they didnt attack Marvel directly but onslaught will

if Marvel has powerful psychical powers then maybe Onslaught can absorb him, would you say he's more powerful than Franklin Richards? To sever the connetion, like i said that was the only way to do it(closing the fault that was light years wide), well the only other way was to kill Marvell which Death herself had to do.

Franklin Richards is irrelevent, as Onlsaught had his power per say..but didnt display anything like the power Franklin can muster.

Oslaught1262
lets see: Onslaught physically humbled the Juggernaut, so is he more physically imposing than Marvel? he mentally cut off Nate from the mystic plane, so can he replicate the feat against Marvel?

also, not every psychic can access the astral plane, Onslaught can dump Marvel there and destroy with his superior psyche or throw a wurmhole at him. he has many options

Nihilist
lets see: Onslaught physically humbled the Juggernaut, so is he more physically imposing than Marvel? he mentally cut off Nate from the mystic plane, so can he replicate the feat against Marvel?laughing out loud trying to use the Juggernaut pis feat is fail. Marvall isnt just mentally conected to the elder gods of the cancerverse..they are within him( which was shown when the Gaurdians beat the cancerverse avergers)

You have to prove its possible to take Marvell to the pyschic plane, geuss work isnt good enough. You do know Marvell can teleport from 1 universe to another.

Stoic
The Astral Plane is everywhere, Onslaught could easily engage Mar-Vell on the Astral Plane, he had other heroes thinking that they were doing things that they weren't, and as far as psychic feats are concerned Onslaught's trump Mar-Vell's.

lets see: Onslaught physically humbled the Juggernaut, so is he more physically imposing than Marvel? he mentally cut off Nate from the mystic plane, so can he replicate the feat against Marvel?

also, not every psychic can access the astral plane, Onslaught can dump Marvel there and destroy with his superior psyche or throw a wurmhole at him. he has many options

I agree, you have to be one hell of a powerful character to physically dominate the Juggernaut to to the point that he was in fear for his life. this is something that has never happened to classic Juggs.

Oslaught1262
i was under the impression he arrived through the fault, never saw any other dimension hoping

Onslaught manhandled the Juggernaut and was only affected by one of the strongest Hulks. Marvel was pummeled by Thanos, he's still inferior physically

anyways, why would it be impossible for Mar-vell to be pulled into the astral plane? he has psychic powers after all, and as far as i know he never blocked anyone from sending him there. since they are fighting in a neutral ground the astral plane won't be infected by the cancergods. Onslaught defeated the mental defenses of the Hulk, twice!

Nihilist
i was under the impression he arrived through the fault, never saw any other dimension hoping

Onslaught manhandled the Juggernaut and was only affected by one of the strongest Hulks. Marvel was pummeled by Thanos, he's still inferior physically

anyways, why would it be impossible for Mar-vell to be pulled into the astral plane? he has psychic powers after all, and as far as i know he never blocked anyone from sending him there. since they are fighting in a neutral ground the astral plane won't be infected by the cancergods. Onslaught defeated the mental defenses of the Hulk, twice! *sigh* i see you ignored my post to try to get your point across.

Marvell dimension hopped from 616 earth to the cancerverse when Thanos killed Drax

Onslaught only threw Juggernaut(confirmed by at least 3 bios) and it was horseshit to boot as Juggs never has the gem on him. Thanos is above the Hulk Onslaught faced so whats your point? you must be forgetting that Thanos was the Avatar of Death and his power came from Death herself as he was a extension of Death.

Oh i see because its on neutral ground Marvell wont be empowered laughing out loud thats his power source. Neutral ground doesnt work like that, because if it did Marvell would be powerless and that means its a spite thread

Oslaught1262
imo Marvel dimension hoped partly because he was close to the fault so he teleported inside his universe as you would inside a single universe. i dont think that makes him a dimensional traveler

also the astral plane is not a physical plane like the cancerverse, when i was commenting that the cancer gods wouldnt be there, was because i assumed they contaminated the astral plane somehow but i was incorrect as Cosmo and the green girl used psychic powers without being hindered later on. straight combat in the astral plane goes to Onslaught imo

Thanos may be stronger than regular Hulk, but the version that breached Onslaught armor was ultra-strong. also, Mar-vell couldn't fight Thanos properly, he got completely handled as if he was a weakling, i dont see why we should assume hes Juggernaut/Hulk level

Stoic
*sigh* i see you ignored my post to try to get your point across.

Marvell dimension hopped from 616 earth to the cancerverse when Thanos killed Drax

Onslaught only threw Juggernaut(confirmed by at least 3 bios) and it was horseshit to boot as Juggs never has the gem on him. Thanos is above the Hulk Onslaught faced so whats your point? you must be forgetting that Thanos was the Avatar of Death and his power came from Death herself as he was a extension of Death.

Oh i see because its on neutral ground Marvell wont be empowered laughing out loud thats his power source. Neutral ground doesnt work like that, because if it did Marvell would be powerless and that means its a spite thread

I'll just disagree with you on Thanos being greater in power than the Hulk that cracked Onslaught out of that armor. The Hulk may have been beyond world breaking levels, and this is something that I have never seen Thanos exceed, or even come close to doing. Yep he fought Thor with the PG, but they weren't even able to demolish the room that they fought in. This Onslaught vs Mar-Vell debate is all a matter of opinion, but Onslaught's feats in my opinion are far greater than Mar-Vell whether we're talking in terms of physical or psychic might. Like I said in an earlier post, The Magus had variable levels of power, and when Mar-Vell destroyed him, he could have been operating on level far inferior to his optimal levels.

Oslaught1262
The Astral Plane is everywhere, Onslaught could easily engage Mar-Vell on the Astral Plane, he had other heroes thinking that they were doing things that they weren't, and as far as psychic feats are concerned Onslaught's trump Mar-Vell's.

I agree, you have to be one hell of a powerful character to physically dominate the Juggernaut to to the point that he was in fear for his life. this is something that has never happened to classic Juggs.

thumb up

Stoic seems to know well what hes talking about

Nihilist
imo Marvel dimension hoped partly because he was close to the fault so he teleported inside his universe as you would inside a single universe. i dont think that makes him a dimensional travelerfacepalmIt was shown clear as day, the same way Thanos and co teleported to the necropsy ritual site

Your missing the whole point, wheather
it be physical or mental Marvells power comes from Elder Gods.
Still not stronger(punch wise than Thanos, the Titan killed Surfer in 6 punches Yet he mandled Surfer and ful powered Nova with ease. Hulk/Juggs would/hasnt ever mandled 2 guys like Surfer/Nova at once, and again you clearly ignore the power Thanos was packing during Imperative.

Nihilist
I'll just disagree with you on Thanos being greater in power than the Hulk that cracked Onslaught out of that armor. The Hulk may have been beyond world breaking levels, and this is something that I have never seen Thanos exceed, or even come close to doing.Koing Surfer in 3 punches and killing him in 6 puts him over Onslaught Hulk for a start. And as for the point about all round power, a weaker Thanos clone aborbed enough energy and released it to kill the Rot that was killing Eternity,And? oh i forgot your a Hulk fan in which enviromental destruction means everthing..BRB/Stardust wrecked planets for fun,does that put them above Hulk/Onslaught. Huh. that Magus destroyed 6 planets at once

Stoic
facepalmIt was shown clear as day, the same way Thanos and co teleported to the necropsy ritual site

Still not stronger(punch wise than Thanos, the Titan killed Surfer in 6 punches Yet he mandled Surfer and ful powered Nova with ease. Hulk/Juggs would/hasnt ever mandled 2 guys like Surfer/Nova at once, and again you clearly ignore the power Thanos was packing during Imperative.

So you're willing to go on record and state that Thanos was great enough to punk an elder god??? Because this is what thanos did to Mar-Vell. I must remind you that Thanos was unable to do what Thor was able to do while being amped, yet still beneath a Marvel comics Elder God. Wanna know what that thing was?

He failed the shield test, we was unable to dent it, and he was raging out of control when he hit it. I'm not buying the whole Elder God thing, yes he was powered by them, but what fraction of their power was he given?

Onslaught would pwn the hell out of the Surfer, Thor, and Quasar as well. He was just that good.

Stoic
Koing Surfer in 3 punches and killing him in 6 puts him over Onslaught Hulk for a start. And as for the point about all round power, a weaker Thanos clone aborbed enough energy and released it to kill the Rot that was killing Eternity,And? oh i forgot your a Hulk fan in which enviromental destruction means everthing..BRB/Stardust wrecked planets for fun,does that put them above Hulk/Onslaught. Huh. that Magus destroyed 6 planets at once

Magus at the time of his destruction may have been operating at lower levels than he was when he destroyed all of that real estate. Wasn't he powered by the prayers of the Universal Church of Truth? Tides come in and Tides go out is my point.

Nihilist
So you're willing to go on record and state that Thanos was great enough to punk an elder god??? Because this is what thanos did to Mar-Vell.Yeah as ive said Thanos power came as he was a extension of her pwer Try reading Imperative it clears shows where Thanos power comes from

laughing out loud read the damn comic, Thanos was reborn too early from the cocoon and was weak(again stated on panel several times) Of course youre not buying it, its your usual bias stance futhering your Hulk agenda.

Surfer would take him, and if Onslaught would pwn Thor as easy as you say..why didnt he take Thor on instead of putting his shield up the entire time.

You act like Onslaught is untouchable, Cyclops was badly hurting him, just think what Surfers blasts would do.

Nihilist
Magus at the time of his destruction may have been operating at lower levels than he was when he destroyed all of that real estate.Based on what other than hopefull speculation Old school Magus was, this Magus wasnt he was part of the Cancerverse servants

Oslaught1262
facepalmIt was shown clear as day, the same way Thanos and co teleported to the necropsy ritual site

it would seem that youre advancing the theory that to beat Mar-vell physically or mentally you need to tame the elder gods, this was never stated on panel and was also proven false by Thanos. by that logic you would need to pwn Cyttorrak to beat Juggs, and guess what? Onslaught did it!

Juggs has beaten Thor who in turn beat Warlock and Surfer at the same time, Hulk was the only one who could breach Onslaught's armor and the same Thor was just standing there. you still hadnt brought any way in which Mar-vell can escape from being dumped into the astral plane either

Stoic
Well Nihilus, it seems that we both have agendas, but the Hulk has nothing to do with this thread, aside from being a gauge. Thanos would be one as well correct?

I don't think that it's hopeful thinking on my part to point out that Thanos was weak of mind and not of body, or was that specifically stated in the very comic that you are referring to? Thanos has vast power when he planted Mar-vell like a tent peg, but this feat only inflated Thanos because of how easily Mar-Vell dispatched The Magus, who as I stated could have been far inferior to his most powerful showings.

All of this talk still doesn't change the fact that Onslaught could trick Mar-Vell into kicking rocks, and there really is no way of you proving that Mar-Vell is superior to Onslaught mentally or physically.

Nihilist
it would seem that youre advancing the theory that to beat Mar-vell physically or mentally you need to tame the elder gods, this was never stated on panel and was also proven false by Thanos.You do need to tame the elder gods thats why it tokk Death herslf to kill Marvell Not the same at all, Marvell was empowered by Elder Gods, not jsut a single god, add that to the fact the Cancerverse gods came from a whole universe the size of the616 universe and not a pocket dimension where Cytorrak comes from By throwing him and pulling a gem out of his chest THAT WASNT THERE..whats so great about that.

Thor had the Power Gem, he was above Hulk/Onslught. Hulk was the olny person who went melee/h2h with Onslaught. Yet when Thor attacked Onslaught, he put up a force field. Nor have you with regards to Onslaught taking Marvell there, and we do know Marvell can go astral as he destroyed Thanos space ship with a flick of his finger whilst in a astral projecton form

Oslaught1262
Better yet, now we know that Mar-vell exists in the astral plane, Onslaught can get there and destroy him, or just feed in his psychic energies

Cyttorrak rules an entire dimension, the fact that you call it a pocket dimension is just a wordplay to make it seem less impressive. and no, we havent seen anything different between how Cain is an avatar of cyttorrak and Mar-vell an avatar of those gods

Marvel was inmortal because there was no death in his universe, but that wont stop Onslaught from reducing him to a mindless vegetable. are you implying that you need to destroy the elder gods to ever beat Marvel in a fight? thats ludicrous

Nihilist
Well Nihilus, it seems that we both have agendas, but the Hulk has nothing to do with this thread, aside from being a gauge. Thanos would be one as well correct?Not on my part as i started the debate based purely on Marvell, you brought Hulk into babbling on about how powerful he is and Marvell/Thanos are weak compared.

Yeah it was stated at least twice his body was weak, firstly by Rocket Raccoon and how the fusion canon could only effect him because he wasnt at full power(this was stated after the shield incident) It was "inflated" due to the complete and utter ease he pwn Surfer and Nova together.Again based on nothing

And in what way have you proved Onslaught is superior, trading a few punches with Hulk? Like i said earlier Marvell destroyed Thanos ship with a simple flick of his finger

Stoic
Nihilist.. The Hulk has no level, so no koing the Sufer in 3 shots does not place him above the Hulk. Thor can go toe to toe with the Surfer, and get thrown around by the Hulk. What does this mean to you? Surfer is simply the Hulks bane. Thanos isn't.

Nihilist
Better yet, now we know that Mar-vell exists in the astral plane, Onslaught can get there and destroy him, or just feed in his psychic energiesOr Marvell just destroys him with a simple spell, it easy to play your game.

Word play! its fact. The Cancerverse is a entire Universe identical to the regular marvel universe, the Elder Gods completely took over that universe killing the abstract Death in the process. Of course we have, Marvell/cancerverse already ruled/took over a inhabated universe gaining more and more minnions/followers...does Cytorrak/Juggs do the same, no they dont.

Is this after Marvell pwn him with his speed/firepower. Judging by what was shown on panel yes, or do you what me to start making stuff up?

Nihilist
Nihilist.. The Hulk has no level, so no koing the Sufer in 3 shots does not place him above the Hulk. Thor can go toe to toe with the Surfer, and get thrown around by the Hulk. What does this mean to you? Surfer is simply the Hulks bane. Thanos isn't. Thor cant ko Surfer in 3 shots with the casual ease Thanos did.

Hulk would get the same treatment from Thanos if he wanted too

Stoic
Thor cant ko Surfer in 3 shots with the casual ease Thanos did.

Hulk would get the same treatment from Thanos if he wanted too

You're making stuff up. you also seem to be claiming that Mar-Vell was as great as an Elder God, which would make Thanos even greater than that, and yet no where on panel did it ever state such and such.

Nihilist
You're making stuff up.Please tell me what am i making up FFS its hard getting through to you isnt it. What is so hard to understand Marvell was the Avatar of Life/Cancerverse Elder Gods, he may not had all their power but had part of it..the same goes for Thanos as his power come from Death, thats why Death had to kill Marvell as her power>>>>>Cancerverse gods.

Stoic
Please tell me what am i making up FFS its hard getting through to you isnt it. What is so hard to understand Marvell was the Avatar of Life/Cancerverse Elder Gods, he may not had all their power but had part of it..the same goes for Thanos as his power come from Death, thats why Death had to kill Marvell as her power>>>>>Cancerverse gods.

Being an Avatar does not make one the Master, it means that you possess a fraction of whatever you are repping, and no more than that. Do you get it? You really have no idea as to how powerful Mar-Vell was. Thor is bad ass and he was flailing around in the air like a muppet just before Onslaught was stopped by the Incredible one, I think that's as impressive or more-so than Surfer being whipped by 6 or 7 hay makers.

Oslaught1262
Or Marvell just destroys him with a simple spell, it easy to play your game.

Word play! its fact. The Cancerverse is a entire Universe identical to the regular marvel universe, the Elder Gods completely took over that universe killing the abstract Death in the process. Of course we have, Marvell/cancerverse already ruled/took over a inhabated universe gaining more and more minnions/followers...does Cytorrak/Juggs do the same, no they dont.

Is this after Marvell pwn him with his speed/firepower. Judging by what was shown on panel yes, or do you what me to start making stuff up?

did the death of Phyla Vell destroyed Death back when she was her avatar? of course not, in the same way, destroying Cain or Mar-vell wouldnt need to destroy any Elder god. marvell has personal power but you dont need to overcome the full power of the gods to beat him, Thanos had dead rights on him during all their battle, and it wasnt because of his avatarhood but his personal power, Phyla couldnt have done what Thanos did

Cyttorrak dimension is an entire realm controlled by cyttorrak, there is no telling if its bigger than the physical world or not, but your point is mooth, Elder gods and avatarhood are not significant elements of this discussion

what if Onslaught used the shileds that withstood thor? what if he was in his energy form? youre calling for spells that were never shown on panel, Marvel never stood against a mental power as big as Onslaught, thats fact

Nihilist
Being an Avatar does not make one the Master, it means that you possess a fraction of whatever you are repping, and no more than that. Do you get it?That may have been true if Thanos had been able to kill unkillable neings in the cancerverse. Eaily punking Surfer/Nova at once, and killing the cancerverse avatar/and death herself. Another lie as Thor and a few other were walking through the shockwaves of the fight. Hulk didnt stop him. he was flat on his ass ko'd whilst Onslaught carried on fighting the others.I think that's as impressive or more-so than Surfer being whipped by 6 or 7 hay makers. laughing out loud how is that more impressive than KILLING Marvels no 1 top tier guy in 6 punches.

Are you seriously gonna say Thanos with his awesome durabilty and cosmic amped punching power couldnt trade punches with Onslaught.

Oslaught1262
i dont think Thanos rates higher than Juggernaut durabilitywise or strengthwise

Stoic
That may have been true if Thanos had been able to kill unkillable neings in the cancerverse. Eaily punking Surfer/Nova at once, and killing the cancerverse avatar/and death herself. Another lie as Thor and a few other were walking through the shockwaves of the fight. Hulk didnt stop him. he was flat on his ass ko'd whilst Onslaught carried on fighting the others.I think that's as impressive or more-so than Surfer being whipped by 6 or 7 hay makers. laughing out loud how is that more impressive than KILLING Marvels no 1 top tier guy in 6 punches.

Are you seriously gonna say Thanos with his awesome durabilty and cosmic amped punching power couldnt trade punches with Onslaught.

He could trade punches with Onslaught if Onslaught allowed for such a fiasco, but it would be more likely that Thanos or more importantly Mar-Vell would be trading punches with a wall that they believed was Onslaught.

Your utter lack of knowledge or ignorance of how the Hulk's powers operate is incredible. The Hulk does not operate at the same level, and never has. I've seen Wonder Man nearly beat the Hulk once, and then saw the Hulk in an alternate timeline punch a hole in his indestructible body, and that is no where near how powerful he can become. What the Hulk did in the Dark Dimension up till this point was still not his max, which is one of the reasons that your boy Thanos said that he did not relish fighting the Hulk.

Honestly the Hulk would cripple the Surfer if he wasn't being leeched of power by the Surfer whenever they fight. Did Thanos kill the Surfer? I thought he put him into a coma? Hey Thor just head butted the Surfer and dented his head, imagine what a few more shots (let's say six or seven) would have done.

Nihilist
did the death of Phyla Vell destroyed Death back when she was her avatar? of course not, in the same way, destroying Cain or Mar-vell wouldnt need to destroy any Elder god wPhyla wasnt a true Avatar of death, she was never with Death, she was simply tricked by Maelstrom/Oblivion into brining Thanos back Marvell never showed beforwe he was avatar that he could handle Surfer lvl guys with ease Thanos couldnt kill him, thats why death stepped inIts fact, thats why it a side realm of the regular universe(which has been stated on panel several times btw), They are but youre just choosing to ignore them as you dont like what it brings to the arguments

It negates the fact he took on Thor as he never really did. Huh, he was shown to cast a spell symbol before he destyroyed the ship No but he had the mental power to overcome and mind shaft the worldmind, which is a techno organic computer

Oslaught1262
Phyla wasnt a true Avatar of death, she was never with Death, she was simply tricked by Maelstrom/Oblivion into brining Thanos back Marvell never showed beforwe he was avatar that he could handle Surfer lvl guys with ease Thanos couldnt kill him, thats why death stepped inIts fact, thats why it a side realm of the regular universe(which has been stated on panel several times btw), They are but youre just choosing to ignore them as you dont like what it brings to the arguments

It negates the fact he took on Thor as he never really did. Huh, he was shown to cast a spell symbol before he destyroyed the ship No but he had the mental power to overcome and mind shaft the worldmind, which is a techno organic computer

lolz at comparing the worldmind with Onslaught, has the WM ever blocked any world level telepath?

youre speculating when you say Thanos couldnt kill Mar-vell, did anyone ever state this to be the case? i dont think so, it seems to me that youre confusing what happened in the book -Mar-vell being killed by Death- with what may happen in another battle -Mar-vell being bested and the elder gods choosing a new avatar-

truth to be told, you havent brought any reason to believe Marvels place as an avatar is relevant, you just say it is, but provide no proof. his powers were boosted, but not enough for him to handle a physical confrontation with Thanos. you assume its because Thanos was an avatar, but thats not stated anyware, youre just inventing random statements

Stoic
In my opinion Onslaught's physical feats are greater than Mar-Vell's, and his psychic ones are as well. Onslaught's ability to utilize frankilns reality manipulating powers, and Magneto's metal manipulating powers alone tell me that he would crush Mar-Vell.

Nihilist

He could trade punches with Onslaught if Onslaught allowed for such a fiasco, but it would be more likely that Thanos or more importantly Mar-Vell would be trading punches with a wall that they believed was Onslaught.Man your bias is unbelievable, Thanos traded punches with a exact copy of himself, that tanking over 15 cosmic amped punches...and youre saying he couldnt hang with Onslaught if Onslaought wanted to...seriously gtfo with this tripe.

I think you need to re read what Hulk did in the dark dimension as for 1, he didnt do it alone and 2. it was only a planet which is no grate shakes as the weakest ever Thanos and Dax did the same. Now yore having to troll? Thanos stated about facing the Hulk in his previous incarnation, and as how powerful Hulk can become the same has been stated about Thanos afterhe had jsut fought PG Thor(stated by Warlock himself)
Like he couldnt with the warbound aid when they were both weak or when Surfer couldnt even feel savage Hulks punches Yeah he killed him, Thanos gave him a flicker of his life force when he took him to death realm Which had no effect on Surfer and cut Thors own head open

Stoic
Man your bias is unbelievable, Thanos traded punches with a exact copy of himself, that tanking over 15 cosmic amped punches...and youre saying he couldnt hang with Onslaught if Onslaought wanted to...seriously gtfo with this tripe.

I think you need to re read what Hulk did in the dark dimension as for 1, he didnt do it alone and 2. it was only a planet which is no grate shakes as the weakest ever Thanos and Dax did the same. Now yore having to troll? Thanos stated about facing the Hulk in his previous incarnation, and as how powerful Hulk can become the same has been stated about Thanos afterhe had jsut fought PG Thor(stated by Warlock himself)
Like he couldnt with the warbound aid when they were both weak or when Surfer couldnt even feel savage Hulks punches Yeah he killed him, Thanos gave him a flicker of his life force when he took him to death realm Which had no effect on Surfer and cut Thors own head open

I have never seen any great strength feats from thanos, but I did read him saying that he did not relish fighting the Hulk... Know why? Because the Hulk does not stay at the same level, and that he has a healthy respect for his sheer power.

Onslaught could literally trick Mar-Vell into thinking that he was fighting him while Mar-Vell would be punching a wall.

Feats tell me this.

Ok peeps have a good weekend. The Storm is going to destroy mine. C-ya... I hope.

Nihilist
olz at comparing the worldmind with Onslaught, has the WM ever blocked any world level telepath?IIRC the Sphinx who had 2 Ka stones and was merging 2 timelines

If he could have killed him, then why did he stop allowing himself to taken prisoner and for himself to be sacrificed. Thanos let himself be captured and the "killed" so Death herself could get close enough to Marvel and kill him/Cancerverse eldergods.

F*cking lol, the cancerverse being were shit scared of Thanos as he was Death to them, Marvell and Surfer confirmed Thanos was the Avatar of Death. How about the proved something to disprove neither was a avatar of said power

Nihilist
I have never seen any great strength feats from thanos,Like lifting stufflaughing out loud give me a shout when thats a factor in a fight. More ignorant trolling eh! Thanos also respects Galactus power, but that didnt stop him confronting him.

Thats if Marvell doesnt use his far superior speed and pwns him his firepower

No i think youll find its your bias, confirmed by how you think Onslaught stomps..whilst i think Marvell would win but not stomp.

Bouboumaster
Lord-Marvell stomp Onslaught. Onslaught isn't Thanos

celeyhyga17
lolz at comparing the worldmind with Onslaught, has the WM ever blocked any world level telepath?

Erm how about Richie resisting an ancient being that has been psionically feeding on the pain and anguish of dying worlds for centuries? It even stowed away on Galactus's ship for ages and psionically prevented detection from big G himself.

1st encounter
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/th_Nova13pg141.jpg http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/th_Nova13pg142.jpg

2nd mini encounter
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/th_Nova14pg21.jpg

3rd encounter (still able to resist from point blank range)
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/th_Nova15pg15.jpg http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/th_Nova15pg16.jpg http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/th_Nova15pg17.jpg http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Even%20more%20Nova/th_Nova15pg18.jpg

Oslaught1262
IIRC the Sphinx who had 2 Ka stones and was merging 2 timelines

If he could have killed him, then why did he stop allowing himself to taken prisoner and for himself to be sacrificed. Thanos let himself be captured and the "killed" so Death herself could get close enough to Marvel and kill him/Cancerverse eldergods.

F*cking lol, the cancerverse being were shit scared of Thanos as he was Death to them, Marvell and Surfer confirmed Thanos was the Avatar of Death. How about the proved something to disprove neither was a avatar of said power

Thanos wanted to die himself, thats why he sacrificed. just killing Marvel wouldnt have fixed anything as he is just some random avatar, the manyangledones would have picked another one. Thanos being an avatar was important in the context of bringing death to them, but it has no relevance when we talk about Onslaught making marvel a vegetable.

quanchi112
Mar-vell wins.

Oslaught1262
have you read the Onslaught saga my friend?

quanchi112
have you read the Onslaught saga my friend? Get to the point, amigo.

zopzop
Originally posted by quanchi112
Mar-vell wins.

This. Especially if it's Onslaught with only Xavier and Erik's powers. If it's the Onslaught that absorbed Franklin..............then Mar-vell doesn't have a prayer.

Prep-Man
Onslaught.

Oslaught1262
Get to the point, amigo.

i just wanted to know if you were aware of how incredibly powerful Onslaught was, he could absorb phoenix itself! phoenix was an avatar of death right?

bbrem123
Originally posted by zopzop
This. Especially if it's Onslaught with only Xavier and Erik's powers. If it's the Onslaught that absorbed Franklin..............then Mar-vell doesn't have a prayer.

agreed

Nihilist
Thanos wanted to die himself, thats why he sacrificed. just killing Marvel wouldnt have fixed anything as he is just some random avatar, the manyangledones would have picked another one. Thanos being an avatar was important in the context of bringing death to them, but it has no relevance when we talk about Onslaught making marvel a vegetable. Thanos only sacrificed himself so Death herself could get into the cancerverse so she could kill Marvell/Elder gods. Marvell was chosen as the avatar of life&cancerverse because he let them in to start with, that's why he alone was using cancerverse magic/spells and perform the ritual with the ceramoanial sword/infinty gauntlet. Try reading the story instead of looking it up on wikipedia.

Marvells spee and fire power win this

Oslaught1262
i know the story, but if you tink thanos didnt want to die, maybe you need to read it again

quanchi112
i just wanted to know if you were aware of how incredibly powerful Onslaught was, he could absorb phoenix itself! phoenix was an avatar of death right? Powerful enough to have his body shattered by Hulk yeah not as overly impressed as you seem to be by him.

Oslaught1262
he wasnt damaged at all, since then OS has stated several times that hes made of pure energy. hulk cannot hurt him

quanchi112
he wasnt damaged at all, since then OS has stated several times that hes made of pure energy. hulk cannot hurt him Hulk wrecked his body he just couldn't finish the job but he did break his physical shell.

Oslaught1262
and yet it took the very best of hulk just to break that shell, he couldnt stop OS at all. OS no longer has a physical body.

quanchi112
and yet it took the very best of hulk just to break that shell, he couldnt stop OS at all. OS no longer has a physical body. I agree but I don't see even an elite top tier as posing anything to Mar-vell other than being a nuisance.

Stoic
Powerful enough to have his body shattered by Hulk yeah not as overly impressed as you seem to be by him.

Quantify the amount of power that led to the Hulk breaching that psionic armor please. For all we know the blow that tore the armor open may have been able to blow Thanos into little bite sized chunks. No offense intended, but the Hulk can bring it, if the situation arises that he needs to.

Nihilist
i know the story, but if you tink thanos didnt want to die, maybe you need to read it again Clearly you dont as at that point in the story it was part of the plan of Thanos allowing himself to die so Death could return to the cancerverse...its not that hard to understand.Originally posted by Stoic
Quantify the amount of power that led to the Hulk breaching that psionic armor please. For all we know the blow that tore the armor open may have been able to blow Thanos into little bite sized chunks. No offense intended, but the Hulk can bring it, if the situation arises that he needs to. Thanos would laugh at that blast as he has taken far stronger blasts.

Stoic
Clearly you dont as at that point in the story it was part of the plan of Thanos allowing himself to die so Death could return to the cancerverse...its not that hard to understand. Thanos would laugh at that blast as he has taken far stronger blasts.

Thanos was at the mercy of Galactus within mere moments. Can you even begin to quantify the amount of power that Onslaught was hit with? No so your claims can only be taken with a grain of salt. The Hulk can and has exceeded the low to mid class 100 levels many times before. Thanos teleported out of the way of the Champion, who came at him with World Breaking power... does this sound familiar?

Nihilist
Thanos was at the mercy of Galactus within mere moments. Can you even begin to quantify the amount of power that Onslaught was hit with? No so your claims can only be taken with a grain of salt. The Hulk can and has exceeded the low to mid class 100 levels many times before. Thanos teleported out of the way of the Champion, who came at him with World Breaking power... does this sound familiar? laughing out loud You sure now how to ignore context to suit Hulks arguments.

Firstly dont even dare compare Galactus blast to Hulk punch power.

Thanos has taken a gas giant exploding with a smile which didnt budge him and the effect was felt light years away. He has also taken a planet axploding in his face when Warlock and teh Magus struggled over the IG and wasnt koed, aswell as taking Tyrants planet size base destroying, and not to mention forcing his way throught Odin continues Gungnir blasts.

So what if Thanos teleported out of the way of Champion..he tricked him, its called being smart.

TBH i alway though you were smart but i guess im wrong with all your context ignorance.

Stoic
laughing out loud You sure now how to ignore context to suit Hulks arguments.

Firstly dont even dare compare Galactus blast to Hulk punch power.

Thanos has taken a gas giant exploding with a smile which didnt budge him and the effect was felt light years away. He has also taken a planet axploding in his face when Warlock and teh Magus struggled over the IG and wasnt koed, aswell as taking Tyrants planet size base destroying, and not to mention forcing his way throught Odin continues Gungnir blasts.

So what if Thanos teleported out of the way of Champion..he tricked him, its called being smart.

TBH i alway though you were smart but i guess im wrong with all your context ignorance.

And yet he was layed on hiss @ss by an incomplete Beyonder, with one blast. This blast by the way was much less than an exploding gas giant, or World crushing force, perhaps it was due to hie shields that he was able to walk away from all of what you claim, with barely a scratch? <--speculation.

All I know is that on panel he was fearful of the Champions fists, and showed as much when he kept his shields up to avoid taking his medicine. If he could have taken it to the Champion, he would have, but we all saw that he did not.

Now tell me again what I ignored?

You seem to ignore the fact that no one can quantify the power that the Hulk hit Onslaught with, and as such , you deem that Onslaught would lose to Mar-Vell, based on his performance against the Hulk's as yet unquantified strength feat.

Nihilist
And yet he was layed on hiss @ss by an incomplete Beyonder, with one blast. This blast by the way was much less than an exploding gas giant, or World crushing force, perhaps it was due to hie shields that he was able to walk away from all of what you claim, with barely a scratch? <--speculation.

*sigh* the Beyonder wasnt incomplete at all, only her body was vulnerable not her power and her mad
ness had almost passed when Thanos faced her plus he first blast was a cheap shot.

laughing out loudThanos didnt have any shields up when he tanked the gas gaint blast, all the blast did was torch his rags he had on, and the planet destroying blast was straight after the Magus had just beat on Thanos,again no shields used.. seriously try reading something for a change before making stupid comments please.

Yet he took Thors blows with a smile. So being smart and fighting clever is a downfall now laughing out loud. Simple fact you win a encounter the easiest way possible, unless youre a 1 dimensional moron that is.

Every time you mentioned a feat regarding Thanos.

You seem to ingnore the fact Onslaught has nothing in the way of tanking any other hits, as youve just said about Thanos using a shield, why did Onlsaught need/use one when facing others.

And i give Marvell the win due to the complete ease he pwnd Surfer/Nova together and killed Magus in 1 shot.

Stoic
*sigh* the Beyonder wasnt incomplete at all, only her body was vulnerable not her power and her mad
ness had almost passed when Thanos faced her plus he first blast was a cheap shot.

laughing out loudThanos didnt have any shields up when he tanked the gas gaint blast, all the blast did was torch his rags he had on, and the planet destroying blast was straight after the Magus had just beat on Thanos,again no shields used.. seriously try reading something for a change before making stupid comments please.

Yet he took Thors blows with a smile. So being smart and fighting clever is a downfall now laughing out loud. Simple fact you win a encounter the easiest way possible, unless youre a 1 dimensional moron that is.

Every time you mentioned a feat regarding Thanos.

You seem to ingnore the fact Onslaught has nothing in the way of tanking any other hits, as youve just said about Thanos using a shield, why did Onlsaught need/use one when facing others.

And i give Marvell the win due to the complete ease he pwnd Surfer/Nova together and killed Magus in 1 shot.

The Magus has always operated on variable levels due to the prayers that fed him.

Thanos fought a Thor that did not have control of the PG, any sensible person that has read, or knows how the Gems work will tell you, that a raving lunatic that has never used the Gem before would have a very hard time using it. In essence he fought Thor that was not holding back, and did not employ warriors madness... yep just plain old pissed Thor.

Lord Mar-Vell's feats make Thanos look good indirectly, so I understand why you rep on him so hard. Back about a year ago, you were under the impression that he was above Sky Father, which most posters knew was BS. Truthfully speaking, you have no idea how powerful the Magus was when he was eradicated by Mar-Vell... right?

Didn't Odin fart in the Surfers general direction and cause him and Drax to lose consciousness? Onslaught tamed the Phoenix, who happens to be leagues above the Surfer in terms of sheer power.

So going by Onslaughts phoenix feat vs Mar-Vell's Nova, and Surfer crusher feat, I still think that the Phoenix feat is the greater of the two.

quanchi112
Quantify the amount of power that led to the Hulk breaching that psionic armor please. For all we know the blow that tore the armor open may have been able to blow Thanos into little bite sized chunks. No offense intended, but the Hulk can bring it, if the situation arises that he needs to. Thanos has survived attacks from Tyrant, Odin, and Galactus. Hulk's an elite top tier he hasn't been shown the power near Thanos level.

Nihilist
The Magus has always operated on variable levels due to the prayers that fed him.

Thanos fought a Thor that did not have control of the PG, any sensible person that has read, or knows how the Gems work will tell you, that a raving lunatic that has never used the Gem before would have a very hard time using it.This just goes to show what i mean about you, your saying Thor didnt have control of the gem due to his stated, yet you tied to claim a raving morornic Champion who thought the gem didnt work was more of a threat(because Thanos mentioned Hulk not doubt)
So this a plain old pissed Thor who beat all the opponent he did then?
And again you simply ignore the fact he handled them all far easier with the gem then with out it. Thanos also stated when he captured Thor that he was using the gem (Thanos used his tech to scan him)
Like youre doing with Hulk via Onlsaught, fact is you went down this avenue to start with using others feats to back up said character. Bullshit i never once said Marvell was skyfather lvl, so either show where i said that or stfu making up more lies. Wrong Magus was powerfull enough to overcome the power of a cosmic cube and trick everybody into thinking he was dead plus he owned the entire GOTG with ease.

Onslaught owning the Pheonix was an illusion, this was proven the other day in another thread, plus it wasnt the full power of the Pheonix

Seeing as Onlaughts Pheonix isnt a actual feat i dont see how.

zopzop
So going by Onslaughts phoenix feat vs Mar-Vell's Nova, and Surfer crusher feat, I still think that the Phoenix feat is the greater of the two.

Not to nitpick Stoic, but Onslaught's Phoenix feat is IMHO not as impressive as Lord Mar-vell's high herald crushing feat.

I mean Xorn almost killed the entire Phoenix Force! So Onslaught beating it isn't as impressive as it sounds (assuming it wasn't an illusion or something).

Stoic
@ Nihilist, exactly what don't you understand about variable levels of power, when speaking of Magus?

Thanos said that Thor was increasing in power, and was beginning to tap into the gems power.

The Champion has been using the Power Gem for centuries, Thor never used it before, and was in a crazed state of mind.

It took weeks for a calm Titania to be taught how to use the Power Gem under the tutelage of the Champion. Which is why I'm not buying the bullshyt.

My point from the beginning is that you really can't say for certain how powerful Mar-Vell was. Killing a Magus that at the time of his death could have been Warlock level isn't really that impressive. MAGUS OPERATES ON VARIABLE LEVELS, AND ALWAYS HAS.

I'm not going to attempt to take Mar-Vells Nova and Surfer beating feat, and step on it, but Onslaught in my opinion has better ones. The fact that the Surfer, and Nova together wouldn't be able to even scratch the Juggernaut impresses me more, not to mention Onslaught tooling all of the Supers that he did in his run.

You run with yours and I'll run with mines.

Nihilist
@ Nihilist, exactly what don't you understand about variable levels of power, when speaking of Magus?T here was no varing of Magus power at all, he over power a cosmic cubes effect, pwnd GOTG with ease and destroyed the planets, this is the exact same guy that bowed before Marvell and was killed by him.

No, Thanos stated Thor was already tapping into the gem and would soon be unstoppable.

And Champ thought the gem DID NOT WORK and was a raving moron to boot.

Who'd of thought you not buying a feat that you cant argue with.

Warlock has never shwon the power Magus showed when he faced the cosmic cube, again your using previous incarnations of Magus, when this Magus was showm at a constant power lvl.

Surfer and Nova together would ass rape Juggs, and using one of the biggest pis feats in history(Onslaught/Juggs) is pure fail.

h1a8
Onslaught with ease. Why is this thread 5 pages long?

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Onslaught with ease. Why is this thread 5 pages long? Based on ? Please take it easy on me though I am new.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.