Superboy-Prime vs. Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
Superboy-Prime battles:

the Avengers:

- Hercules (NOT the current version)
- Iron Man
- Ms. Marvel
- Nova
- Protector (Noh Varr)
- Scarlet Witch (no HoM)
- Thor
- Vision.

Rules/Notes:

- No blood lust. Everyone is in character

- The battle takes place at in an abandoned Manhattan, New York at Sun down

- Winner by knockout, death or some kind of incapacitation of Prime.

Who wins and why?

Harbinger
Prime steamrolls, given that he's sonned cats like Black Adam/Superboy/Yat as Ion/Supes/etc. This lineup's really nothing he hasn't seen before. That, and some of them (Ms. Marvel, Tony, Noh-Varr) are pretty much just cannon fodder.

JakeTheBank
We'll see how much Prime's stock drops in Teen Titans.

SamZED
Yes, I wasnt under the impression that he's such a powerhouse right now.

Harbinger
He hasn't really had the chance to do much since being back, has he?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Harbinger
He hasn't really had the chance to do much since being back, has he?

His really only notable feat as of now is that he seemed to easily handle an attacking Superboy and Wonder Girl at once. The issue doesn't really seem to have the Titans all that worried about Prime, though, which is...bizarre. They know he's powerful and crazy, but there's not a lot of urgency and they don't mention or allude to him being vastly more powerful than the team. I don't know, I would have thought him coming back would be a huge f'n deal, but the comic doesn't give that impression, imo.

Bentley
Prime.

Prep-Man
theyre not worried, because prime wont exist post reboot/relaunch. they just have to hold on just a liiitle bit longer.

sorry, bentley. wink

Sirius77
What reboot? Are you talking about new 52?

SamZED
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
His really only notable feat as of now is that he seemed to easily handle an attacking Superboy and Wonder Girl at once. The issue doesn't really seem to have the Titans all that worried about Prime, though, which is...bizarre. They know he's powerful and crazy, but there's not a lot of urgency and they don't mention or allude to him being vastly more powerful than the team. I don't know, I would have thought him coming back would be a huge f'n deal, but the comic doesn't give that impression, imo. Yeah, and since when does he need a team to fight titans. I think they'll have him fight SB one on one. That's sad.

Sirius77
That can't be Prime. But if it is and they job him out to the teen titans, so help me....

Seriously, it's retarded that the Earth-Prime LOSH, and the ne JSA, and JLA haven't flipped their sh*t yet. The fact that the teen titans think that they can take Prime at all, much less without dying is ridiculous. Also, why is Prime acting so out of character and not decapitating and dismembering people? It happened that way every other time. What in the hell has changed? Also, why was he still in his suit after he just fought a group of black lanterns? A lot of this doesn't make sense.

SquallX
What issue is that.

Sirius77
Teen Titans 98.

vansonbee
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
We'll see how much Prime's stock drops in Teen Titans. Superboy Prime, until the downgrade happens.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by vansonbee
Superboy Prime, until the downgrade happens.

thumb up

Sundipped
Originally posted by Mini Bennett
- No blood lust. Everyone is in character

That is Prime's character and he clears easy.

Zack Fair
Poor Avengers.

Galan007
Originally posted by vansonbee
Superboy Prime, until the downgrade happens. Even IF he loses, it won't be too bad, imo.
a.) the collective TT (of which Prime is about to engage) represent a VERY stacked team- ie. Bart, Connor, Beetle, Red Star, Miss Martian, Kara, Zatara, Wonder Girl, etc., etc.
b.) the fight will be taking place at night, so the sun won't be out to replenish Prime- and we have no idea what level of power he is at now. Could be full power, could be 50%. Who knows?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sundipped
That is Prime's character and he clears easy. thumb up

carver9
Thor would give Prime a hellava fight but the Avengers lose in the end.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Galan007
Even IF he loses, it won't be too bad, imo.
a.) the collective TT (of which Prime is about to engage) represent a VERY stacked team- ie. Bart, Connor, Beetle, Red Star, Miss Martian, Kara, Zatara, Wonder Girl, etc., etc.
b.) the fight will be taking place at night, so the sun won't be out to replenish Prime- and we have no idea what level of power he is at now. Could be full power, could be 50%. Who knows? That is a stacked team good god

zeel
Originally posted by carver9
Thor would give Prime a hellava fight but the Avengers lose in the end.

wurd

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Thor would give Prime a hellava fight but the Avengers lose in the end. I agree.

Nihilus88
My favorite posters are Carver, Quan and Srank.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nihilus88
Thor would get 2 shotted by Prime

I doubt it. Lose, more than likely. 2 shotted, no.

Nihilus88

JakeTheBank
He'd get 2 shotted, especially if this was the same Thor that got beat down by the Dark Avengers and the Initiative. Thor is a pretty pathetic character.

Considering Thor is Thor who is Thor and we look at showings as a whole (and being attacked by Sentry, Iron Patriot, U-Foes, Dark Avengers, and the Intiative isn't a "low showing" to begin with though it's not one of his high end ones, either) Thor's not being 2 shotted by Prime.

Unless you want to tell me who Prime's 2 shotted that's comparable to Thor?

Nihilus88

JakeTheBank
He didn't get attacked by Sentry at first dumbass, and when he got beat down by the Initative there was no one over a low class 100 brick attacking him. Thor got beat down by a bunch of nobodies

Thor = joke, regular Superman would curbstomp the chump let alone Prime.

Sentry didn't tackle Thor prior to his schizo freak out? Iron Patriot and the U-Foes and the rest of the gang didn't bombard Thor with a combined energy attack? Yeah, ok. Even if we assume that's a "low end"/"crappy" showing of Thor, he has many durability feats which eclipse that one, so what's the point?

Regular Superman curbstomps Thor in the wet dreams of overzealous fans and trolls. It's a close battle unless you want to ignore what either of them have done and how they fight in character.

Thor would fare better against Prime than Kon-El did, and he didn't get two shotted. erm

Nihilus88

JakeTheBank
Kon El would kill Thor also

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/dx.gif

Zack Fair
Kon El would kill Thor also, and Superboy wouldn't have gotten beaten down by a bunch of low level bricks

Thor = pathetic joke.

And that is the truth

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkoj5dPzHD1qzh0wto1_250.gif

carver9

laughing laughing out loud

Cant help but to love Bada.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.