Death of Superman twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
Anyone that has read Death of Superman, even those of us that read the comics when they were first released, had to know at the end that Superman wasn't going to stay dead for long. DC wasn't stupid enough to sh*t can their bread and butter. In fact, in comics very few heroes or villains stay dead. But suppose that wasn't the case. What if the writers never planned on bringing Superman back? How could the writers kill him off in a way that would convince the the readers that he isn't coming back?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Anyone that has read Death of Superman, even those of us that read the comics when they were first released, had to know at the end that Superman wasn't going to stay dead for long. DC wasn't stupid enough to sh*t can their bread and butter. In fact, in comics very few heroes or villains stay dead. But suppose that wasn't the case. What if the writers never planned on bringing Superman back? How could the writers kill him off in a way that would convince the the readers that he isn't coming back? The way it was, just without the stupid shit that followed.

Or use All american boy to make it clear that DD truly is Supermans Doomsday.

Cogito
How could the writers kill him off in a way that would convince the the readers that he isn't coming back?

There is nothing the writers or editors could do to kill Superman permanently. Superman is literally more powerful than all of the DC staff combined.

I mean that seriously. Without Superman, DC would fall. Before that happened though, the idiots who made the mistake would be fired and replaced, and Superman would come back.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Cogito
There is nothing the writers or editors could do to kill Superman permanently. Superman is literally more powerful than all of the DC staff combined.

I mean that seriously. Without Superman, DC would fall. Before that happened though, the idiots who made the mistake would be fired and replaced, and Superman would come back.
Sure they could. The writers just gotta rape him the way George Lucas raped Indiana Jones.

Cogito
Sure they could. The writers just gotta rape him the way George Lucas raped Indiana Jones.

George Lucas had nobody to fire him. If Superman died, those responsible would be fired and he'd be restored.

SevenShackles
Doomsday was designed for the sole purpose of killing superman, yeah it didnt have much depth in story/back story but it got the job done. it was no reflection on doomsday in how superman came back ... sooo doomsday was a fine plot monster.

like someone said, just cut the crap that came after... hell i would of kept the 'return of superman' storyline just to keep superboy, steel, eradicator and cyborg superman... just would of cut the actual superman out of it and used the storyline to drill it into the readers he isnt coming back... "here are some new superman themed characters but thats all your getting"type of thing and keep the bastard dead until blackest night where his hideous corpse would of had alot more impact to the then rebounded and restructured superhero community who would most likely view him as the be all end all of superheroes and the ideal in self sacrafice.

the DC universe would have gone over a series overhaul and who knows, could of been better from it.

george '06
the way they did it they could have made it stick, But these days i think they would need him to die stopping an infinite crisis level crossover event deal, and theyd need superboy to change to a superman costume and take over supes's role in the dcu, but i do think he's to major to stay gone for good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.