Classic Demogorge vs Kubik...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Fight to the death...no BFR...who wins?

zopzop
Seriously, aside from warping Beyonder's pocket universe and beating that half-cube being, what has Kubik done on panel ever? At least Classic Atum has a history of kicking the crap out of Gods.

I'm going with Demogorge for the majority here.

guy222
kubik

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Yeah, Kubik hasnt done alot on panel...

Of course, though, Kubik doesnt have many appearances either (fewer than Demogorge), but going by the few feats we have, Kubik seems to be the stronger of the two...

I am thinking Kubik for atleast a 6-7/10 majority...

zopzop
LoM, what "feats" though? I can only think of one feat that's even worth mentioning, the Beyonder pocket realm manip. That's it.

Atum committed genocide against the entire race of Elder Gods. He offed Hell Lords like they were flies (and technically the were in their own realms and at the height of their power, since they merged all their various realms into one). He had Odin in a panic (so much so that he had to summon the Council Elite and discuss how to deal with Demogorge). He destroyed several Sun and Thunder Gods without even breaking a sweat.

Classic Demogorge would crush Kubik.

Utrigita
Originally posted by guy222
kubik

Sr J-Bieb
Kubik caused more collateral damage. He wins.

zopzop
Aside from that ONE time with the half cube Beyonder in half cube Beyonder's pocket universe, what has Kubik done on panel?

I'm asking anyone that says Kubik wins without any sort of explanation to just tell me anything Kubik has done aside from that one incident in a FF comic 20 years ago. It doesn't have to be immediately, I can wait (I know I'll never get a response).

WhiteWitchKing
Kubik wins. He's got better feats.

zopzop
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Kubik wins. He's got better feats.

Like? Everyone knows about that ONE feat 20 years ago. What else he got?

quanchi112
Kubik wins.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by zopzop
Like? Everyone knows about that ONE feat 20 years ago. What else he got?

Like not getting his ass rammed in by a Skrull god.

Sr J-Bieb
Like? Everyone knows about that ONE feat 20 years ago. What else he got? How dare people use feats from a timeframe that a character has only appeared in!

Also, he beat the Beyonder

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

I was just doing some research on Kubik (back when it was a CCU) and it appears that Kubik is the CCU Thanos used to become a universal threat (even though it was shattered by Captain Marvel, the CCU was not destroyed; it reformed and eventually fell into the hands of others)...

Thus Kubik, as an immature Cube, was powerful enough to imprision Cronos and make Thanos God-like...

This should count as a feat for Kubik...shouldnt it?

zopzop
Like not getting his ass rammed in by a Skrull god.

So you got nothing? Gotcha.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
How dare people use feats from a timeframe that a character has only appeared in!

Also, he beat the Beyonder

How dare you add nothing to the conversation! Go find me feats. Oh wait, you can't.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

I was just doing some research on Kubik (back when it was a CCU) and it appears that Kubik is the CCU Thanos used to become a universal threat (even though it was shattered by Captain Marvel, the CCU was not destroyed; it reformed and eventually fell into the hands of others)...

Thus Kubik, as an immature Cube, was powerful enough to imprision Cronos and make Thanos God-like...

This should count as a feat for Kubik...shouldnt it?

I thought immature Cubes > Cube Beings? Also, wasn't that from a time when Cubes were considered all powerful? Haven't they been written down A LOT since 1978?

Sr J-Bieb
How dare you add nothing to the conversation! Go find me feats. Oh wait, you can't. What are you talking about? You're complaining about people using feats from the only comics Kubik appeared in.

Plus, I just said he beat Beyonder...

How do you internets with no eyes?

zopzop
What are you talking about? You're complaining about people using feats from the only comics Kubik appeared in.

Plus, I just said he beat Beyonder...

How do you internets with no eyes?

He beat HALF a cube being and warped his "universe" 20 years ago. What else?

Simbon
Look, if no one can provide Kubik feats from comics other than the ones Kubik has appeared in, I don't see what evidence they have that would put him above Demogorge, or spiderman. Kubik's absence from the issues he never appeared in speaks volumes.

zopzop
Originally posted by Simbon
Look, if no one can provide Kubik feats from comics other than the ones Kubik has appeared in, I don't see what evidence they have that would put him above Demogorge, or spiderman. Kubik's absence from the issues he never appeared in speaks volumes.

Kubik has appeared in various issues of the FF and in FF Annuals and a few times in the Avengers.

In the issues he's appeared in, I wouldn't place him above Demogorge. Beating ONE HALF of a cube being isn't really as impressive as wiping out the Elder Gods, swatting a small army of Death Gods in their seat of power, wiping out a small army of Sun and Thunder Gods, and making Odin panic and summoning the Council Elite for a meeting.

quanchi112
Look, if no one can provide Kubik feats from comics other than the ones Kubik has appeared in, I don't see what evidence they have that would put him above Demogorge, or spiderman. Kubik's absence from the issues he never appeared in speaks volumes. laughing out loud

Sr J-Bieb
He beat HALF a cube being and warped his "universe" 20 years ago. What else? I don't get why you keep saying "20 years ago". At least it wasn't over 30 years ago like Demo, but 2 years ago he got killed by a Skrull God if that counts... ?

Also, half that cube being caused multiversal damage with lightning face. And he had a pretty sick bowl costume
He's got 2 really high feats, so that's all we're really given. Simbon's post was pretty perfect though

Simbon
Kubik has appeared in various issues of the FF and in FF Annuals and a few times in the Avengers.
Sure, but what about all the issues where Kubik never appeared? It seems like he was staying away because he didn't have what it takes, and just wanted to hold onto those measly universal feats he had all those decades ago, like a washed up boxer recalling his heyday. Why else wouldn't he appear in them?

In the issues he's appeared in, I wouldn't place him above Demogorge. Beating ONE HALF of a cube being isn't really as impressive as wiping out the Elder Gods, swatting a small army of Death Gods in their seat of power, wiping out a small army of Sun and Thunder Gods, and making Odin panic and summoning the Council Elite for a meeting.

Yes! What did the Beyonder even do anyway? Even phoenix can hold a universe in her hand, and she got beaten by Magneto for chrissakes. Nothing about that feat would put Kubik above Thor, let alone Odin and all those other gods. The Kubik fans also need to stop with the whole "weakness exploitation" game; people who think Metallo would do any worse against Thor than he does against Superman are fooling themselves, and the same goes for Demogorge against Kubik.

zopzop
I don't get why you keep saying "20 years ago". At least it wasn't over 30 years ago like Demo, but 2 years ago he got killed by a Skrull God if that counts... ?

Also, half that cube being caused multiversal damage with lightning face. And he had a pretty sick bowl costume
He's got 2 really high feats, so that's all we're given. Simbon's post was pretty perfect though

The Demo during Sacred Invasion was nothing like Classic Demo. The thread title even says : CLASSIC Demogorge vs Kubik. CLASSIC Demogorge stomps Kubik's face in. So when discussing CLASSIC Demogorge, using his 20 year old feats isn't me being hypocritical.

Regarding the post retcon MM/Beyonder fight :

a) It was MM vs FULL Cube Being (the MM sucked the Beyonder personality and power from Kosmos, a FULL Cube Being, and that's why Kosmos was fading away)

b) Kubik didn't even attempt to fight MM

c) Where the hell is MM getting his power from if he merged with Beyonder and became the full Cube Being Kosmos? I remember he left Marsha with a sliver of his power to be reclaimed later (which he did during a FF Annual). So sliver of a little less than half a cube beings power (post retcon MM) > Full Cube being?

d) MM got killed by Sentry

zopzop
Sure, but what about all the issues where Kubik never appeared? It seems like he was staying away because he didn't have what it takes, and just wanted to hold onto those measly universal feats he had all those decades ago, like a washed up boxer recalling his heyday. Why else wouldn't he appear in them?

Yes! What did the Beyonder even do anyway? Even phoenix can hold a universe in her hand, and she got beaten by Magneto for chrissakes. Nothing about that feat would put Kubik above Thor, let alone Odin and all those other gods. The Kubik fans also need to stop with the whole "weakness exploitation" game; people who think Metallo would do any worse against Thor than he does against Superman are fooling themselves, and the same goes for Demogorge against Kubik.

Keep it up with the garbage posts. In his appearances, he's only ever done something impressive..................................ONCE......................two decades ago. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Simbon
Keep it up with the garbage posts. In his appearances, he's only ever done something impressive..................................ONCE......................two decades ago. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Come on, dude -- you aren't helping our case against Kubik by admitting that Demogorge's only impressive feat was from decades ago. I think if we stick to the Magneto>Phoenix>Kubik argument we may yet be able to persuade the others.

zopzop
Come on, dude -- you aren't helping our case against Kubik by admitting that Demogorge's only impressive feat was from decades ago. I think if we stick to the Magneto>Phoenix>Kubik argument we may yet be able to persuade the others.

You can read right? The TITLE OF THE DAMN THREAD IS : CLASSIC Demogorge vs Kubik. Do you get it now?

Sr J-Bieb
The Demo during Sacred Invasion was nothing like Classic Demo. The thread title even says : CLASSIC Demogorge vs Kubik. CLASSIC Demogorge stomps Kubik's face in. So when discussing CLASSIC Demogorge, using his 20 year old feats isn't me being hypocritical.

Regarding the post retcon MM/Beyonder fight :

a) It was MM vs FULL Cube Being (the MM sucked the Beyonder personality and power from Kosmos, a FULL Cube Being, and that's why Kosmos was fading away)

b) Kubik didn't even attempt to fight MM

c) Where the hell is MM getting his power from if he merged with Beyonder and became the full Cube Being Kosmos? I remember he left Marsha with a sliver of his power to be reclaimed later (which he did during a FF Annual). So sliver of a little less than half a cube beings power (post retcon MM) > Full Cube being?

d) MM got killed by Sentry Stop yelling at me.
I just thought that's what we were doing, posting irrelevant timelines. DEMO'S FEATS ARE FROM OVER 30 YEARS AGO!

I have no idea what you're getting at with the second half, since I was talking about Beyonder...

zopzop
Stop yelling at me.
I really only posted those times because stating "20 years ago" over and over is irrelevant when that's the only time he's appeared in. I just thought that's what we were doing. DEMO'S FEATS ARE FROM OVER 30 YEARS AGO!

I have no idea what you're getting at with the second half, since I was talking about Beyonder...

Good grief. I'm not yelling. I'm highlighting the word to bring it to your attention.

Regarding the Beyonder thing, I'm talking about the post retcon fight he had with MM in the FF Annual.

Sr J-Bieb
Good grief. I'm not yelling. I'm highlighting the word to bring it to your attention.

Regarding the Beyonder thing, I'm talking about the post retcon fight he had with MM in the FF Annual. No more yelling

And you only talked about MM when I was talking about Beyonder. You can see where confusion arrises

Simbon
You can read right? The TITLE OF THE DAMN THREAD IS : CLASSIC Demogorge vs Kubik. Do you get it now?

Exactly. That's why we need to stop focusing on what Demogorge did and focus on the things that Kubik hasn't done. So far I haven't heard one peep from the Kubik fans about him doing anything impressive outside of the comics he appeared in; if he did, they should speak up. My suspicion is that they'll rely on hierarchy and hearsay rather than hard feats (though predictably, they'll cite the same, tired old feats from the comics he appeared in, while ignoring the vast majority of comics where he never showed up at all).

zopzop
No more yelling

But I'm not yelling, I'm highlighting. frusty

I know, I'm just saying Beyonder wasn't half a Cube Being at that point. He had already merged with MM and become Kosmos. MM then ripped the Beyonder persona from Kosmos and challenged him to a fight. He was a full Cube Being at that point. So it was MM, with a sliver of the power he gave Marsha to hold for him; that he reclaimed later in a FF issue, vs a full Cube Being. So sliver of power from less than half a Cube Being (MM) > full Cube Being (Beyonder/Kosmos)?

zopzop
Exactly. That's why we need to stop focusing on what Demogorge did and focus on the things that Kubik hasn't done. So far I haven't heard one peep from the Kubik fans about him doing anything impressive outside of the comics he appeared in; if he did, they should speak up. My suspicion is that they'll rely on hierarchy and hearsay rather than hard feats (though predictably, they'll cite the same, tired old feats from the comics he appeared in, while ignoring the vast majority of comics where he never showed up at all).

http://www.buzzkiller.net/2dHand2.gif

WhiteWitchKing

Of course it says classic, otherwise posters here would take into account his current sh!t status along with his previous showings to average him out. Kubik, on the other hand, hasn't had many appearances anyways for there to be a distinction between a current Kubik and a classic Kubik. There isn't a classic Kubik because he doesn't have shitty appearances...SINCE HE DOESN'T HAVE MANY APPEARANCES AT ALL!

Kubik with his feats shit all over classic Atum/Demogorge. Being half a Cube didn't limit the Beyonder from creating his own universe, nor did it take away from Kubik's full cube status. Kubik abused the Beyonder and warp everything that was the Beyonder and his universe in his hand, not to say that the Demogorge is Beyonder's equal anyways. The guy beat other mystic types because of his powers, which would be overwhelm by a cosmic who's powers come from another universe anyways with actual universal feat to back it up.

Let's be honest here. The only way to give the Demogorge a small chance to challenge Kubik is to remove all of the Elder God's shitty appearances, as the OP has done here.

zopzop
Of course it says classic, otherwise posters here would take into account his current sh!t status along with his previous showings to average him out. Kubik, on the other hand, hasn't had many appearances anyways for there to be a distinction between a current Kubik and a classic Kubik. There isn't a classic Kubik because he doesn't have shitty appearances...SINCE HE DOESN'T HAVE MANY APPEARANCES AT ALL!

Kubik with his feats shit all over classic Atum/Demogorge. Being half a Cube didn't limit the Beyonder from creating his own universe, nor did it take away from Kubik's full cube status. Kubik abused the Beyonder and warp everything that was the Beyonder and his universe in his hand, not to say that the Demogorge is Beyonder's equal anyways. The guy beat other mystic types because of his powers, which would be overwhelm by a cosmic who's powers come from another universe anyways with actual universal feat to back it up.

Let's be honest here. The only way to give the Demogorge a small chance to challenge Kubik is to remove all of the Elder God's shitty appearances, as the OP has done here.

You have no clue WTF you are talking about, as always. What low showings does CLASSIC Demogorge have? Name one.

Also, I'm STILL waiting for something from Kubik aside from beating half a Cube Being 20 years ago. He's had numerous appearances in FF issues, a few Avengers issues (where he got owned by the Super Adaptoid!), and a few FF Annuals. UNLIKE Classic Demogorge who only really had 3 real showings (the rest were flashbacks) : Once during the initial purge of the Elder Gods, the second time during the Death/Sun/Thunder Gods beatdown, and the final one during the Atlantis Attacks storyline.

WhiteWitchKing
You have no clue WTF you are talking about, as always. What low showings does CLASSIC Demogorge have? Name one.

Also, I'm STILL waiting for something from Kubik aside from beating half a Cube Being 20 years ago. He's had numerous appearances in FF issues, a few Avengers issues (where he got owned by the Super Adaptoid!), and a few FF Annuals. UNLIKE Classic Demogorge who only really had 3 real showings (the rest were flashbacks) : Once during the initial purge of the Elder Gods, the second time during the Death/Sun/Thunder Gods beatdown, and the final one during the Atlantis Attacks storyline.

I see you have literacy issues once again. Where did I say classic Demogorge had shitty showings? You have a problem; it's called dyslexia. Do you ever get tired of being stupid?

zopzop
I see you have literacy issues once again. Where did I say classic Demogorge had shitty showings? You have a problem; it's called dyslexia. Do you ever get tired of being stupid?

Who has literacy issues? Genius, the OP said "CLASSIC", you understand right? It doesn't matter if Aunt May beat down CURRENT Demogorge, this doesn't affect "CLASSIC" Demogorge's feats/showings (which is what the OP stated).

So bringing it up CURRENT Demogorge's showing in that Sacred Invasion Arc is a cop out by you because CLASSIC Demogorge has NO low showings. Nice try at trying to divert the thread with garbage.

And you should look into a mirror before you accuse someone else of being stupid.

And I'm STILL waiting for feats/showings from Kubik's appearances (he has more than Classic Demogorge) aside from that ONE time he did something 20 years ago.

WhiteWitchKing
Who has literacy issues? Genius, the OP said "CLASSIC", you understand right? It doesn't matter if Aunt May beat down CURRENT Demogorge, this doesn't affect "CLASSIC" Demogorge's feats/showings (which is what the OP stated).

So bringing it up CURRENT Demogorge's showing in that Sacred Invasion Arc is a cop out by you because CLASSIC Demogorge has NO low showings. Nice try at trying to divert the thread with garbage.

And you should look into a mirror before you accuse someone else of being stupid.

And I'm STILL waiting for feats/showings from Kubik's appearances (he has more than Classic Demogorge) aside from that ONE time he did something 20 years ago.

Like I said, you would have to use the classic version of the demogorge for him to even have an argument. Are you that dense? Canonically there's no such thing as classic demogorge or pre-retcon beyonder. But it has to be stipulated this way so the demogogre has a fighting chance.

Anyways, your obvious stupidity aside, Kubik would crush the demogogre. How the heck does classic demo do anything to a being who's power is outside of the 616? The guy is not even mystic in nature so Demogorge isn't even going to be powered up by kubiks attacks. The demogorge's was born with the ability to kill other gods not someone like kubik. Raw output, kubik has tossed around planets warp a universe to his pleasure. It's a reality warper vs a god killer who's special ability is useless he. What's the demog going to do? Blast him? Chase he can't eat him that's for sure. Kubik warps this elder god into a carrot.

zopzop
Like I said, you would have to use the classic version of the demogorge for him to even have an argument. Are you that dense? Canonically there's no such thing as classic demogorge or pre-retcon beyonder. But it has to be stipulated this way so the demogogre has a fighting chance.

Anyways, your obvious stupidity aside, Kubik would crush the demogogre. How the heck does classic demo do anything to a being who's power is outside of the 616? The guy is not even mystic in nature so Demogorge isn't even going to be powered up by kubiks attacks. The demogorge's was born with the ability to kill other gods not someone like kubik. Raw output, kubik has tossed around planets warp a universe to his pleasure. It's a reality warper vs a god killer who's special ability is useless he. What's the demog going to do? Blast him? Chase he can't eat him that's for sure. Kubik warps this elder god into a carrot.

"Canonically" you'd be right, but ON THESE FORUMS, the OP stated "CLASSIC Demogorge" vs Kubik. Not hard to understand. It's not unheard of for forum posters to use characters from/before/after certain time periods in a comic company for VS threads, so just stop this "there is no such thing as Classic X or Pre-retcon Y".

Yes, it's obviously my "stupidity" and not Kubik's showings that leave doubt in my mind. What has Kubik done (he's had MORE on panel appearances that aren't flashbacks than Classic Demogorge!) with the time he's been on panel? Beat half a Cube Being, then get owned by Super Adaptoid, and what else? Nothing. During that same time period Tom DeFalco was the Editor in Chief for three important issues involving Kubik : (a) FF 319 where Kubik beat half a cube being, (b) Avengers 289-290 where Super Adaptoid owned Kubik, and (c) Thor Annual 14 which had the "Relative Strengths and Comparisons" section which compared a FULL CUBE BEINGS power to Odin (more or less) so he obviously felt Cube Being = Skyfather or else those words would never see paper. You can't provide jack crap in terms of on panel proof so you resort to attacks. Fine by me, each time you fail to substantiate any of your claims and just resort to garbage posts, you just prove my point.

WhiteWitchKing
"Canonically" you'd be right, but ON THESE FORUMS, the OP stated "CLASSIC Demogorge" vs Kubik. Not hard to understand. It's not unheard of for forum posters to use characters from/before/after certain time periods in a comic company for VS threads, so just stop this "there is no such thing as Classic X or Pre-retcon Y".

Yes, it's obviously my "stupidity" and not Kubik's showings that leave doubt in my mind. What has Kubik done (he's had MORE on panel appearances that aren't flashbacks than Classic Demogorge!) with the time he's been on panel? Beat half a Cube Being, then get owned by Super Adaptoid, and what else? Nothing. During that same time period Tom DeFalco was the Editor in Chief for three important issues involving Kubik : (a) FF 319 where Kubik beat half a cube being, (b) Avengers 289-290 where Super Adaptoid owned Kubik, and (c) Thor Annual 14 which had the "Relative Strengths and Comparisons" section which compared a FULL CUBE BEINGS power to Odin (more or less) so he obviously felt Cube Being = Skyfather or else those words would never see paper. You can't provide jack crap in terms of on panel proof so you resort to attacks. Fine by me, each time you fail to substantiate any of your claims and just resort to garbage posts, you just prove my point.

And you indeed live up to that title. First off, FF 319 was published after Avengers 289-290 so how can you claim Kubik beat Beyonder, then get owned by Super-Adaptoid? Go reread those issues where Super-Adaptoid didn't own Kubik. Far from it.

Avengers 289-290: REVEALS Earth's cosmic cube had hatched into a being known as Kubik. At this point Kubik was still "partially mature". This isn't even the experienced Kubik you see later in FF 319 that warped an entire universe. Also, the Super-Adaptoid could adapt to almost anything because it was powered by a SLIVER OF THE COSMIC CUBE that was once Kubik. Pay atttention zopzop. It used that to call Kubik forth and replicated Kubik's own powers to become it's equal. Where you get this owning business from because SA threatened Kubik that a fight between the two would wreck all of reality. SA then teleported Kubik to Andromeda galaxy. The whole book was full of references about how SA was a master of all reality after he copied Kubik's power and a confrontation between the two would lay waste to the 616 and "spread to the infinite dimensions and adjacent universes". The only way Kubik avoided such a collateral damage was sending Cap in who only won by tricking and confusing SA's programming causing SA to kill itself.

In other words, the Avenger's appearance merely shows how powerful Kubik and Cube Beings are. That showing by Ralph Macchio is later cemented by Steve Englehart's FF 319. You might want to actually read that Avengers story before bringing it up as some kind of lost for Kubik. There was no fight. Someone teleporting another person off and the other person avoiding the fight because it would result in destruction of the universe isn't anything of a beating as you're claiming.

As for Thor, that's Thor's own speculation. Heresay is one thing, experience is another. Thor says a complete cube reshape a planet? LOLWTF? Thanos warped the entire universe. Beyonder created an entire universe. Kubik warped an a universe. Let's believe Thor but ignore Kubik and Super-Adaptoid's conclusion that their fight would destroy reality. Thor wasn't there when Kubik fought Beyonder so WTF does Thor know?

This is pretty done. The Demogorge eats gods, not cosmic cubes. It isn't replicating Super Adaptoids feat because it doesn't have that ability. Even if this was the "partially mature" Kubik, he'd still stomp Demogorge. But seeing as we can use other appearances like FF 319, Kubik rage stomps Demogorge and turns him into a tea pot set.

zopzop
And you indeed live up to that title. First off, FF 319 was published after Avengers 289-290 so how can you claim Kubik beat Beyonder, then get owned by Super-Adaptoid? Go reread those issues where Super-Adaptoid didn't own Kubik. Far from it.

Avengers 289-290: REVEALS Earth's cosmic cube had hatched into a being known as Kubik. At this point Kubik was still "partially mature". This isn't even the experienced Kubik you see later in FF 319 that warped an entire universe. Also, the Super-Adaptoid could adapt to almost anything because it was powered by a SLIVER OF THE COSMIC CUBE that was once Kubik. Pay atttention zopzop. It used that to call Kubik forth and replicated Kubik's own powers to become it's equal. Where you get this owning business from because SA threatened Kubik that a fight between the two would wreck all of reality. SA then teleported Kubik to Andromeda galaxy. The whole book was full of references about how SA was a master of all reality after he copied Kubik's power and a confrontation between the two would lay waste to the 616 and "spread to the infinite dimensions and adjacent universes". The only way Kubik avoided such a collateral damage was sending Cap in who only won by tricking and confusing SA's programming causing SA to kill itself.

In other words, the Avenger's appearance merely shows how powerful Kubik and Cube Beings are. That showing by Ralph Macchio is later cemented by Steve Englehart's FF 319. You might want to actually read that Avengers story before bringing it up as some kind of lost for Kubik. There was no fight. Someone teleporting another person off and the other person avoiding the fight because it would result in destruction of the universe isn't anything of a beating as you're claiming.

As for Thor, that's Thor's own speculation. Heresay is one thing, experience is another. Thor says a complete cube reshape a planet? LOLWTF? Thanos warped the entire universe. Beyonder created an entire universe. Kubik warped an a universe. Let's believe Thor but ignore Kubik and Super-Adaptoid's conclusion that their fight would destroy reality. Thor wasn't there when Kubik fought Beyonder so WTF does Thor know?

This is pretty done. The Demogorge eats gods, not cosmic cubes. It isn't replicating Super Adaptoids feat because it doesn't have that ability. Even if this was the "partially mature" Kubik, he'd still stomp Demogorge. But seeing as we can use other appearances like FF 319, Kubik rage stomps Demogorge and turns him into a tea pot set.

Yeah he got pwned by the Adaptoid. He adapted his power and then sent him away like an annoying child. Kubik couln't beat the Adaptoid without outside help from Cap. And don't give me that "universe would be destroyed" hyperbole garbage. The Adaptoid did jack crap worthwhile with Kubik's power on panel. No good power showings and being humiliated by the Adaptoid all in one issue.

Regarding the Thor issue, the same Editor in Chief for those three comics approved those words for print. That's where Marvel saw Cubes after the Beyonder retcons.

Regarding what Demogorge "eats" so far he's really only gone up against Gods, saying all he can do is eat them is BS.

So far what do we have from Kubik? Beating a half cube and warping it's "universe". What else? Oh right.................NOTHING.

WhiteWitchKing
Yeah he got pwned by the Adaptoid. He adapted his power and then sent him away like an annoying child. Kubik couln't beat the Adaptoid without outside help from Cap. And don't give me that "universe would be destroyed" hyperbole garbage. The Adaptoid did jack crap worthwhile with Kubik's power on panel. No good power showings and being humiliated by the Adaptoid all in one issue.

LMAO. So Adaptoid couldn't do jack shit with Kubik's power except move Kubik across galaxies with a gesture? You say hyperbole yet how is it hyperbole when Cosmic Cubes and Cube Beings have done exactly that - performed universal feat? This isn't a low showing because Atum/Demogorge would been copied as well.

You're among the worst debaters on this board y'know? You act as if the Editor in Chief remembers everything he approves. You know how many books are published a year? Furthermore, that's Thor's opinion that Odin is equal to a full cube when actual feats prove otherwise. Heresay doesn't trump actual feats so take your nonesense somewhere else because only a dumbass would take Thor's words as actual proof that a full Cube can only warp on a planetary level.

Oh right, warping an entire universe is nothing. No, I see your point now. Classic Demogorge hasn't done shit on universal level so you dismiss Kubik's feats as nothing so you can claim Demogorge would win. That's debating?

Kubik smashes Demogorge with a few solar system then turns him into a teapot set. Seriously WTF is Demogorge going to do? Eat Kubik? That's your entire argument? All you've got is tearing down Kubik's feats because Demogorge can't ****en win. Kubik pisses on Demogorge.

leonidas
pizza

vansonbee
WhiteWitchKing, you won my view. thumb up

Harbinger
http://annenahm.com/anneimage/2009/11/Michael+Jackson+Jackson_popcorn.gif

zopzop
LMAO. So Adaptoid couldn't do jack shit with Kubik's power except move Kubik across galaxies with a gesture? You say hyperbole yet how is it hyperbole when Cosmic Cubes and Cube Beings have done exactly that - performed universal feat? This isn't a low showing because Atum/Demogorge would been copied as well.

No it was hyperbole because the Adaptoid didn't do jack with it that suggested he could destroy a universe. TPing vast distances impresses you? Then you must think Lila Cheney is a universe buster.

Here is the Super Adaptoid in action :
Failing HARD vs Mimic -
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8783/ucxm02919.th.jpg http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8563/ucxm02920.th.jpg

Pwned by Thing -
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1807/marveltwoinone07536.th.jpg

Overwhelmed by Cosmic Awareness then banished by Captain Marvel -
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8669/captainmarvel5017.th.jpg

Yet Kubik couldn't do jack vs him! Also worth mentioning that he wasn't even overwhelmed in any way by Kubik's "universe busting" power or cosmic awareness (if any) Kubik possessed. And this being is gonna own Classic Demogorge or even copy him?

Laugh all you want but that section of the Annual was actually followed by later writers. For example, he placed Celestials above Cube Beings. Why do people view Cube Beings as being below Celestials, when Celestials do not have any on panel feats comparable to Cube Beings? Because later writers followed his hierarchy. In a FF Annual, Kubik admits CB's are many orders below Celestials in terms of power. Kubik and Kosmos were about to be judged by a no name Celestial and they were in fear for their life.

Odin has universal, even multiversal level feats yet he feared Demogorge enough to summon a meeting of the Council Elite. Mephisto battled Galactus to a standstill all the while wrecking havoc on the universe, yet Mephisto and 6 other Hell Lords were as insects before Classic Demogorge. http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/47254/1283762-galactus_vs_mephisto_super.png
For example here are Mephisto and Satannish fighting in a neutral hell realm and wrecking havoc on other dimensions :
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/1595/drstrangesorcerersupre3.th.jpg

For reference this is Satannish and Shaper ( a full Cube Being) conversing :
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3274/incrediblehulk35920.th.jpg
Notice the lack of anything resembling fear on Satannish's part. Also notice that Shaper is confronting him on Earth and not in Satannish's home plane (Mephisto and Satannish are much weaker outside their realm). Yet Mephisto, Satannish's equal, plus 6 other Hell Lords in their own realm were crushed like insects by Demogorge.

Now I'm waiting for something spectacular from Kubik aside from his beating half a cosmic cube and warping it's pocket universe.

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop and WWK...

I must say, you both bring up some valid points and I think you are both right as pertains your respective arguments; whats wrong is the consistency (or should I say inconsistency) that grossly infects comics...

The Super Adaptoid for example; if it can mimic Kubiks power, then its low showings against the others are PIS...if its showings against the others are legit, then it mimicing Kubiks power is PIS.

As pertains Kubik vs the Beyonder, while it did appear to be a pocket universe to me as well in that issue of the Fantastic Four, it was clearly described as a universe...

This was also supported by the end of Secret Wars 2; the Beyonders universe was described as one far more vast than our own...so despite appearances in that issue of the FF, we have two on panel descriptions that label it as a full fledge universe.

But then, of course, the writters at Marvel come right back and state that Cubes are "several orders of magnitude" beneath Celestials...so I guess a lone Celestial can reality warp atleast 100 universes with the same ease that Kubik did...LoL.

Its all a big mess, and even though we do it because its fun and we all really like comicbooks, its kinda pointless as the inconsistencies sometimes make arguments like this one an exercise in futility...

SuperiorTech
I don't know why you guys keep doing this its comics if power-levels have to be ignored, changed, or elevated for the story to work that what gonna happened its happened in the past it will happen in the future.On battle boards you certainly get slapped in the face with it much more often but it is what it is.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I don't know why you guys keep doing this its comics if power-levels have to be ignored, changed, or elevated for the story to work that what gonna happened its happened in the past it will happen in the future.On battle boards you certainly get slapped in the face with it much more often but it is what it is.

thumb up

Power levels absolutely do flucuate to make a given story work...

Otherwise, how else can Odin bust galaxies as a side effect of his battles one showing, but the next he couldnt put a shieldless Thanos down for the count with Gungnir?

Thats why we use average showings here on the forums as someone can almost always come up with a very low showing when arguing against a characters super-high-end feat...

WhiteWitchKing

No it was hyperbole because the Adaptoid didn't do jack with it that suggested he could destroy a universe. TPing vast distances impresses you? Then you must think Lila Cheney is a universe buster.

Here is the Super Adaptoid in action :
Failing HARD vs Mimic -
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8783/ucxm02919.th.jpg http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/8563/ucxm02920.th.jpg

Pwned by Thing -
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1807/marveltwoinone07536.th.jpg

Overwhelmed by Cosmic Awareness then banished by Captain Marvel -
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/8669/captainmarvel5017.th.jpg

Yet Kubik couldn't do jack vs him! Also worth mentioning that he wasn't even overwhelmed in any way by Kubik's "universe busting" power or cosmic awareness (if any) Kubik possessed. And this being is gonna own Classic Demogorge or even copy him?

So these pics you're showing is Adaptoid after it has Kubiks' powers right? Oh, wait no. So Kubik was trying to fight Adaptoid in their first meeting right? Oh, wait no. Did Adaptoid copy Kubik while conversing with him, oh hell yes. When did Kubik actually fight Adaptoid after it copied his powers? Ummmm, oh wait they didn't fight.

So what does this prove because Thor harmed the Demogorge as well. Kubik couldn't fight Adaptoid after it had Kubik's powers because he wanted avoid a fight that would wreck the universe and beyond. KInda hard for you to understand but try okay. lol Why don't you get that part right because afterwards Kubik removed Adaptoid's Cosmic Cube piece which allows him to copy at that level. Shit, so Adaptoid can copy Kubik and become his equal all of a sudden Kubik is only meta level?

Adaptoid isn't in this fight. It took it to be Kubik's equal to do anything to Kubik which wasn't much. So what is the Demogorge going to do when it's not even at Kubik's power level? Kubik turns him into glue.

WTF is that point of this paragraph other than pointing out that the Celestials are more powerful than the Cubes? Is one of the Celestials named Demogorge? Heck, even a Celestial to be, Franklin, created a pocket universe as a child. That Annual is wrong because even half a cube like Beyonder created an entire universe and not just a planet.

Odin isn't universal. Who told you this? Nobody on this board or even Marvel writers would consider him that. The guy shakes the cosmos and you think he's universal? Most Cubes do that and then warp the hell out of it too. Half a cube created one while another cube warped it in his hand, threating to destroy it. Letsee feats of Odin warping an entire universe. So are you done? Demogorge absorbs their powers because of his ability.

That's cool except these gods/demons were fighting a being that feasted on their powers. Desak slew the Dark Gods pantheon among countless others. It doesn't mean he be beat say Thanos. Archenemy was beating the entire horde of splinter lords and their minions. Does that mean his ability to absorb magic put him above Tenebrous in a fight? As for dimension wrecking, Cubes have done this time and time again. Furthermore, Kubik has gone beyond that and warped it in his hand and threatened to crush it. Letsee any skyfather or hell lords make that claim.

What's your point here? That Satannish isn't afraid of Sharper so therefore it must mean Sharper wouldn't wreck him in a fight? God knows how many times Loki isn't afraid of Surtur or Odin. Or how Thanos talked down to Odin and the upper tier abstracts. Notice that this event took place on Earth and not Satannish realm because Glorian was still on Earth. Why would it take place in Satannish's realm unless he was successful in taking Glorian there? Also, Glorian has warped on a planetary level to a degree and he's nowhere near any of the Cube Beings in power. So Annual is contradictory to the majority of showings for CCs and CBs.

So aside from being about to absorb their attacks and consuming gods and demons, what puts Demgorge above Kubik again? Demgorge can't exploit Kubik with his ability against the gods/demons. What's stopping Kubik from turning the god into a tea pot? Lol. Adaptoid isn't in this fight and he already absorbed Kubik's powers in that showing. Straight up between the Elder God and the Cube Being, what do you have really? He's going to eat Kubik. Lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.