Dr. Doom vs. Kang - who's the better tactician/strategist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shokosugi
who wins?

Sin I AM
Doom, Kang always came off to me as rather weak especially since he had all that future tech on his side

Simbon
I love Kang, but Doom is an infinitely better strategist. Part of this is just that Doom is smarter, but part of it is also that Doom really cares about winning; for Kang, it's all about the thrill of conquest, and he often purposely makes bad tactical decisions for the sake of a bigger thrill.

Bentley
Originally posted by Simbon
I love Kang, but Doom is an infinitely better strategist. Part of this is just that Doom is smarter, but part of it is also that Doom really cares about winning; for Kang, it's all about the thrill of conquest, and he often purposely makes bad tactical decisions for the sake of a bigger thrill.

Yep, if we consider how they work their overall resources, Kang seriously handicaps himself all the time, but he does so in order to prove himself a better strategist, using limited notions.

But if we stop considering those deliberate choices Kang has more tactical wins on his side, and he's a formidable manipulator and an excellent tactician. So are Kang's choices to limit his own resources prove of bad strategy? If so, Doom wins hands down, this is not even a contest.

Black bolt z
Doom

CPT Space Bomb
Gotta go with Doom here, though Kang is no slouch.

psycho gundam
doom easily

kang looks like what bbz sees in the toilet after polishing off his 64 pack of crayons

Mindset
Originally posted by psycho gundam
doom easily

kang looks like what bbz sees in the toilet after polishing off his 64 pack of crayons

JakeTheBank
Doom.

Lord_Talron
doom wins. then kang goes back in time and wins. then doom wins again

Harbinger
Kang wishes he could be half the tactician Doom is.

Bentley
Originally posted by Harbinger
Kang wishes he could be half the tactician Doom is.

Because that way he could struggle more with Conquest flirt

Simbon
The fact of the matter is that neither of them are very good strategists, unless you count pulling technology out of your ass as a strategy. If I were putting together a top ten list of comics strategists, I doubt either of them would make the list.

Bentley
Well, Kang is assumed to have good experience as a commander... Off panel. But I agree, they aren't highly ranked strategy wise anyways.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Simbon
The fact of the matter is that neither of them are very good strategists, unless you count pulling technology out of your ass as a strategy. If I were putting together a top ten list of comics strategists, I doubt either of them would make the list.
I do consider that a strategy. It's gotten me through some tough times.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I do consider that a strategy. It's gotten me through some tough times.

A baseball bat doesn't count as technology. sick

Doctor-Alvis
It was actually a roll of conductive tape and a voltmeter.

CPT Space Bomb
Eh, Doom's ruled the world 3 times, and has freed his mothers soul. His strategies work as much as any villain's strategies are allowed. Of course villains aren't going to rule the world forever.

Simbon
It's not an issue of what they've accomplished; Kang has also taken over the earth, but as a strategist would you put him ahead of Loki (who hasn't) or the Joker? Doom's plans are generally relatively simple (and at this point, pretty predictable), and their effectiveness comes from his technological skill, not his ability to predict his opponents' moves over an extended period. I actually think Osborne is more impressive as a strategist than either Doom or Kang.

CPT Space Bomb
Loki? Loki's scheming is harder to gauge, but I wouldn't say he's better. He often sets himself up for the beatdown (almost every time in fact), and gets misused and abused. Doom generally accomplishes what he wants for a least a while. And when he's beaten it's rarely humiliating.

His Doomwar strategy was pretty good, and showed he could lead wars and infiltrate T'Challa's highest security with ease.

When he made T'Challa choose Vibranium over Storm's life...that was fantastic.

quanchi112
Doom.

Bouboumaster
Doom

Bentley
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Eh, Doom's ruled the world 3 times, and has freed his mothers soul. His strategies work as much as any villain's strategies are allowed. Of course villains aren't going to rule the world forever.

Kang has conquered several civilizations, including 616 once and has outmaneuvered Magus at his peak power to make his empire fall during the GotG tenure. All in all he's a sound strategist and a downright mean manipulator -if we count his fights with Immortus-.

Uriel005
all things considered off panel included Kang should dominate considering the entirety of conquests. On panel Doom has a tendency for some crazy shennanigans Sun Tzu would be proud of.

Mindset
All things considered Doom wins.

Nihilist
Kang.

It showed when Doom had to BEG Kang to help him in Infinty War. And double crossing Kang doesnt make him a better tactician/strategist as Doom only had the chance to do it when Kang was down.

psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/doomkang.jpg

/thread

SuperiorTech
There is no reason for Kang to exist when we have Doom.

Mindset
Originally posted by Nihilist
Kang.

It showed when Doom had to BEG Kang to help him in Infinty War. And double crossing Kang doesnt make him a better tactician/strategist as Doom only had the chance to do it when Kang was down. You must be high.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Mindset
You must be high. You must be upset.

Bentley
Mind-set is Up-set biscuits

Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/doomkang.jpg

/thread

Funny thing. In that very panel Magus is shown defeated by Kang's previous bombing of his CCUs. So I guess you posted that to prove Kang is the better strategist?

Mindset
Originally posted by Nihilist
You must be upset. I'm not a narc, I don't care if you get high and post on here.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm not a narc, I don't care if you get high and post on here. Thats not why youre upset about "me being high" more to do with the fact Doom begged Kang for help.

Cogito
Originally posted by Bentley
Mind-set is Up-set biscuits

facepalm2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.