Wolverine vs Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
I wanted to do Wolverine vs Thor, after seeing how the online exclusive where the two fight conclusively proves Wolverine is faster than Thor, but I figured that's been done a lot here.

So it's Wolverine against the other Thor, Beta Ray Bill.

Melee only.

Who wins?

CPT Space Bomb
Thor or BRB clobber Wolverine into a pulp.

Cogito
Originally posted by cdtm
I wanted to do Wolverine vs Thor, after seeing how the online exclusive where the two fight conclusively proves Wolverine is faster than Thor, but I figured that's been done a lot here.

Melee only.

Who wins?

No.

JakeTheBank
Spite against Logan. Bill won't bother trying to be nice like Thor, either.

cdtm
Originally posted by Cogito
No.

No what? No Thor winning? No, Wolverine can't win?

JakeTheBank
No, Wolverine can't win

That.

cdtm
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Spite against Logan. Bill won't bother trying to be nice like Thor, either.

Melee only. No other powers.

Logan's claws should do something, right?

JakeTheBank
Melee only. No other powers.

Logan's claws should do something, right?

Melee only and Bill still wrecks Logan.

His claws would do as much damage to Bill as they did to Thor, which were mostly glancing and superficial cuts.

srankmissingnin
Limited to pure melee, Wolverine wins. If Hulk didn't have a healing factor, Wolverine would have killed him virtually every single time they have fought, and that is the boat Bill is in. Bill doesn't have the durability to turn Wolverine's claws, nor a healing factor fast enough to compensate for the damage during the fight. Logan beats melee bricks, it's what he does, and in a melee fight Bill isn't bring anything to the table Wolverine hasn't dealt with before.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Limited to pure melee, Wolverine wins.LOL? No way. Wolverine would get ko'd with one good hammer blow to the head. And as others have said, Bill is less likely to be nice like Thor.Not even true. Especially lately, both Ultimate and Regular Hulk own Wolverine. In the past, they've written Hulk down to Wolvie to build up his rep. Logan's claws are going to do superficial damage, as said before. And Bill is going to hammer smash Logan to kingdom come.Logan "hangs" with melee bricks, and loses to top tiers like Thor and Bill. sheesh...

cdtm
Melee only and Bill still wrecks Logan.

His claws would do as much damage to Bill as they did to Thor, which were mostly glancing and superficial cuts.

Do you think Wolverine could stay ahead of Bill though?

I'm not sure if he has Thor's speed feats, and if Wolverine can make Thor work to keep up, that's pretty impressive.

JakeTheBank
Do you think Wolverine could stay ahead of Bill though?

I'm not sure if he has Thor's speed feats, and if Wolverine can make Thor work to keep up, that's pretty impressive.

For a time, sure if Bill keeps grounded. But in that time frame he's not going to wind up fatally injuring or slaying Bill. Not to mention Bill's pretty fast on his own and can easily fly at Logan while holding Stormbreaker, and if he does, this ceases to become a fight and instead becomes a ragestomp.

You basically have to handicap Bill or Thor by a good degree for Logan to not get his happy ass handed to him.

CPT Space Bomb
In Thor's fight there are 2 key things that Thor does/says:

1. He is not trying to harm Wolverine at first because he understands Wolverine is bloodlusted and thinks he's Sabretooth
2. He says that though Wolverine "cut" him, it did not do real damage because of the thickness of his Asgardian skin.

Then He finally gets mad enough and just hammer whomps Wolverine into the dirt.

Thor or BRB 10/10 .

JakeTheBank
Shit, as of now, Fraction's crazy Thor would probably attempt to outright murder Logan.

CPT Space Bomb
Shit, as of now, Fraction's crazy Thor would probably attempt to outright murder Logan. Lol, yah, I'm loving Thor's current ruthlessness.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Lol, yah, I'm loving Thor's current ruthlessness.

I'm personally not much of a fan, but whatevs. Current Thor's a raging bastard.

CPT Space Bomb
I'm personally not much of a fan, but whatevs. Current Thor's a raging bastard. Eh, sometimes it's fun to see a different side of a character. I didn't like "Unthinkable" Doom, but the story was interesting. This Thor will no doubt not last long, and we'll get back to Thor being "nice".

srankmissingnin
LOL? No way. Wolverine would get ko'd with one good hammer blow to the head. And as others have said, Bill is less likely to be nice like Thor.Not even true. Especially lately, both Ultimate and Regular Hulk own Wolverine. In the past, they've written Hulk down to Wolvie to build up his rep. Logan's claws are going to do superficial damage, as said before. And Bill is going to hammer smash Logan to kingdom come.Logan "hangs" with melee bricks, and loses to top tiers like Thor and Bill. sheesh...

1. Bullshit. Bill isn't one shotting Wolverine. Wolverine took half a dozen direct hay makers from WWH, and he wasn't even legitimately unconscious. He took more damage then Hercules and was better off and recovered faster, and that isn't the first time he has handled damage better then top tier bricks like Herc, Thor and Hulk.
2. Hulk doesn't own Wolverine, he beats him, and that is only something he can accomplish because of his healing factor. Lacking a healing factor, the blows Wolverine lands on Hulk would kill him... which is what will happen to Bill.
3. Wolverine's claws are going to cleave through Bill like a hot knife though butter. He has cut Elder Gods, Count Neferia, Thanos, Mangog, Ymir and even Thor was cut by glancing blows from his claws.

JakeTheBank
What happens when Bill flies at Logan at full speed? Or hits him with the series of blows he unloaded on Stardust?

srankmissingnin
What happens when Bill flies at Logan at full speed? Or hits him with the series of blows he unloaded on Stardust?

He won't fly at him because it's melee.

The same thing that happens when Hulk lays hay-makers on him. Nothing.

JakeTheBank
He won't fly at him because it's melee.

The same thing that happens when Hulk lays hay-makers on him. Nothing.

Charging at someone with a melee weapon in a flight path would still count as a melee attack. He's not explicitly grounded. So long as he's not throwing Stormbreaker or using it to summon storms, it's fair game.

So Wolverine can no sell attacks nearing planetary busting power from one of the most powerful melee weapons in Marvel now?

Kasper Gutman
Spite thread unless your a Wolverine fan.

srankmissingnin
Charging at someone with a melee weapon in a flight path would still count as a melee attack. He's not explicitly grounded.

So Wolverine can no sell attacks nearing planetary busting power from one of the most powerful melee weapons in Marvel now?

Flight seems like a pretty clear violation of the melee rule. Why not just have Bill magically charge up Stormbreaker before he wades into melee as well?

Even normal savage Hulk is a legitimate planet buster, and WWH was threatening to destroy the planet just from walking on it. Wolverine has been eating Hulk's best blows for decades. In his fight with Thor, it was explicitly stated that Thor was using his fiercest blows, and Wolverine had a freaking smile on his face. Bill's attacks will be different because why?

If Bill decks Wolverine, Wolverine will get up. If Wolverine opens Bill from his groin to his clavicle he'll go down. Wolverine has a documented history which includes decades worth of evidence of him talking the best shots Marvels top tiers can offer with little effect... and yet Bill apparently can one shot him? Please. Every time this threads come up they involve people completely ignoring Wolverine's entire history and giving the other character the benefit of the doubt based on nothing. What is their to suggest Wolverine will be unable to easily cut up Bill? What is their to suggest that Bill will be able to put Wolverine down easily with melee attacks? Nothing again? But that is apparently the case. Is there anything to suggest that if Wolverine landed a clean attack on Bill, he wouldn't go down? Nope... but lets ignore that because it's inconvenient.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Spite thread. This. And don't use WWH in your argument, cause he beat the S*** out of Wolverine.

JakeTheBank
Flight seems like a pretty clear violation of the melee rule. Why not just have Bill magically charge up Stormbreaker before he wades into melee as well?

Even normal savage Hulk is a legitimate planet buster, and WWH was threatening to destroy the planet just from walking on it. Wolverine has been eating Hulk's best blows for decades. In his fight with Thor, it was explicitly stated that Thor was using his fiercest blows, and Wolverine had a freaking smile on his face. Bill's attacks will be different because why?

If Bill decks Wolverine, Wolverine will get up. If Wolverine opens Bill from his groin to his clavicle he'll go down. Wolverine has a documented history which includes decades worth of evidence of him talking the best shots Marvels top tiers can offer with little effect... and yet Bill apparently can one shot him? Please. Every time this threads come up they involve people completely ignoring Wolverine's entire history and giving the other character the benefit of the doubt based on nothing. What is their to suggest Wolverine will be unable to easily cut up Bill? What is their to suggest that Bill will be able to put Wolverine down easily with melee attacks? Nothing again? But that is apparently the case. Is there anything to suggest that if Wolverine landed a clean attack on Bill, he wouldn't go down? Nope... but lets ignore that because it's inconvenient.

Charging fists/melee weapons with power isn't explicitly against melee tactics, either, unless specifically banned. I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't want Bill to actively use his energy projection/weather manipulation powers as well as throwing Stormbreaker around because then it would be truly spite to the highest degree. Assuming they're allowed, even assuming just Bill being able to fly at a fraction of his highest speed, how does Logan respond to a charge from him?

Thor's "fiercest" blows, as shown through the vast majority of his history are, frankly, beyond Wolverine's ability to handle. Let me know when Logan can tank attacks which stagger Galactus, break through Celestial armor, rock a planet to its very foundation if not destroy it entirely, etc, etc. It was hyperbole and considering the people who Thor has laid out with his attacks, it's incredibly worrisome to believe that Logan's initial durability is greater than what Thor (or Bill) can put out at their very best. I have no doubt Logan can take a few of their garden variety hammer swings, but let's not pretend Logan can indefinitely tank them and is immune to being rendered unconscious, never mind if we take into account on panel instances of their best blows and what they're capable of.

For the record, do you think that Thor/BRB are even capable of knocking Logan out? If so, what would it take?

srankmissingnin
This. And don't use WWH in your argument, cause he beat the S*** out of Wolverine.

WWH beat the shit out everyone, and Wolverine did better then everyone not named Sentry.

Wolverine's healing factor provides him with damage soak the equal of the durability of any top tier character who doesn't have legitimate invulnerability, and his claws provide him with a damage output on par with even the strongest bricks. It is a different power set that accomplish the same thing as the standard durability / super strength combo. I mean is that really so complicated to understand? For decades now he has been taking the same level of damage as the top tier characters have, and dishing out damage on the same characters, he just does this with a different set of powers... which apparently scares and confuses people. He has a healing factor instead of durability, and he has claws with +10 to armor pen instead of brute strength... but while different his power set is equally effective at accomplishing the same thing, if not more so. Not sure why that is so hard to grasp, it's like wondering how someone can cook chicken on a bbq, because it's not a stove. Different instruments that accomplish the same goal. If Wolverine had the exact same history and all of his feats were exactly the same as the ones he now, but instead of healing he just accomplished all his feats through durability, and instead of claws allowing him to bypass durability he just had class 100 super strength this would be a different thread... but unfortunately comic fans are stupid and don't understand anything unless it is simple like strength and durability.

Bentley
Logan clawing Nefaria is PIS for a number of reasons, mainly the fact he has failed to pierce Wonderman...

CPT Space Bomb
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4cBMHYpZbj4/TOOfHmOgjNI/AAAAAAAAGfo/yV8eTKme0ww/s1600/dont-feed-the-troll.jpeg

OneDumbG0
For the record, do you think that Thor/BRB are even capable of knocking Logan out? If so, what would it take? Originally posted by srankmissingnin
doesn't change the fact that nothing Thor did had any effect on Wolverine what so ever. If Thor want to ko Wolverine, he'd need to clear his schedule for the rest of the day Some stupids you never forget.

srankmissingnin
Charging fists/melee weapons with power isn't explicitly against melee tactics, either, unless specifically banned. I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't want Bill to actively use his energy projection/weather manipulation powers as well as throwing Stormbreaker around because then it would be truly spite to the highest degree. Assuming they're allowed, even assuming just Bill being able to fly at a fraction of his highest speed, how does Logan respond to a charge from him?

Thor's "fiercest" blows, as shown through the vast majority of his history are, frankly, beyond Wolverine's ability to handle. Let me know when Logan can tank attacks which stagger Galactus, break through Celestial armor, rock a planet to its very foundation if not destroy it entirely, etc, etc. It was hyperbole and considering the people who Thor has laid out with his attacks, it's incredibly worrisome to believe that Logan's initial durability is greater than what Thor (or Bill) can put out at their very best. I have no doubt Logan can take a few of their garden variety hammer swings, but let's not pretend Logan can indefinitely tank them and is immune to being rendered unconscious, never mind if we take into account on panel instances of their best blows and what they're capable of.

For the record, do you think that Thor/BRB are even capable of knocking Logan out? If so, what would it take?

Most of those things involved the God Blast or Odin Force.

Wolverine has taken shots from characters that have one-shotted Hercules, Thor, Hulk in the same issue and in some cases handled it better then even their durability allowed. This fallacy that "Oh I guess they were holding on Wolverine because the couldn't down him!" is absurd. When was the last time you got the impression that down Wolverine was an easy thing to do? It has been stated twice on panel that Wolverine and Hulk could potentially fight for an eternity with neither of them winning, but omg Thor didn't instantly one shot him so I guess he must have been holding back. That is such an absurd and one sided point of view, you are essentially saying "Hey lets ignore Wolverine entire history and just pretend nothing he has ever done matters." Wolverine's fought Thor. Wolverine's fought characters who have beaten Thor. But we all apparently decided ignoring decades of a characters history to inflated the flimsy argument that Wolverine doesn't stand a chance was the right course of action. Thor and Bill are capable of koing Wolverine, but it isn't something that is going to happen in one blow, it would take Bill as much time to knock out Wolverine as it would for him to knock out Thor, or Herc, or Hulk, or Glads. Wolverine just needs one shot.

If Bill hits Wolverine with his best shot Wolverine will get back up. That's what Wolverine's history fighting characters of Bill's caliber tells us. Now, what does Bill's history tell us will happen if Wolverine eviscerates him? Or opens a major artery? Or punctures a major organ? Or severs his spinal cord?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Bentley
Logan clawing Nefaria is PIS for a number of reasons, mainly the fact he has failed to pierce Wonderman...

He also cut Wonderman, thanks for reminding me. cool

dmills
Isn't Bill a cyborg or something like that? Gutting him prolly won't have the same traumatic effect as it would if Bill were flesh and Blood.

Bentley
He also cut Wonderman, thanks for reminding me. cool

eek!

No, just no uhuh

OneDumbG0
He also cut Wonderman, thanks for reminding me. Yup, Wonderman was in real trouble here from all the cuttin:

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7678/wolverinegu1.png

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Yup, Wonderman was in real trouble here from all the cuttin:

Not the example I was talking about, but I'm sure bringing up that Wonder Man couldn't ko Wolverine with an ambush speed blitz helps your argument of how Thor and Bill would one shot him. cool

dmills
Yup, Wonderman was in real trouble here from all the cuttin:

Damn I miss Maxam lol!

Bentley
Not the example I was talking about, but I'm sure bringing up that Wonder Man couldn't ko Wolverine with an ambush speed blitz helps your argument of how Thor and Bill would one shot him. cool

I don't care sh_t about the hammer bros, don't diss WM ahah

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Bentley
I don't care sh_t about the hammer bros, don't diss WM ahah

If you didn't want to be reminded about how Wolverine cut him and how WM was unable to ko Logan even with a cheap shot ambush, you shouldn't have brought him up. cool

OneDumbG0
Not the example I was talking about, but I'm sure bringing up that Wonder Man couldn't ko Wolverine with an ambush speed blitz helps your argument of how Thor and Bill would one shot him. He's no Mr. X, that's for sure:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/WolverinePummeled43.jpg

srankmissingnin
He's no Mr. X, that's for sure:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/WolverinePummeled43.jpg

Yeah and Thor's not bullet proof, Darkseid got koed by some thugs with a chain, and Dracula got beat up by a mountain goat. Are you going to abide by the forum rules, or is there any more examples of PIS you would like to cite and pretend matter?

OneDumbG0
Yeah and Thor's not bullet proof, Darkseid got koed by some thugs with a chain, and Dracula got beat up by a mountain goat. Are you going to abide by the forum rules, or is there any more examples of PIS you would like to cite and pretend matter? Oh of course, Wolverine hurting a herald-level Superman foe like Nefaria is not PIS but getting trashed by an elite street level foe is PIS. How predictably droll. Also hilarious that you try to analogize Darkseid getting beaten up by street thugs with Wolverine getting his sh1t kicked in by Mr. X. laughing out loud And if you really want to talk about following forum rules, enough with your trolling. Just because people have gotten used to it, doesn't make it any less trollish.

Let's illustrate by having me speak in your simplistic retardspeak to counter your inane reasoning so you can relate better to our stance: Beta Ray Bill can survive the Sun. Wolverine does not have more destructive power than the Sun. Wolverine loses. Dur dur. Zomg, don't try to convince me Wolverine is more powerful than the Sun. God, you're so dumb. What? No! No, I'm not trying to pigeon-hole this fight into an irrelevant ABC comparison. Just prove Wolverine > the Sun, dummy. No, I'm right, you're wrong. BRB constantly and routinely survives stellar events like planetary explosions, blackholes and stars. So, no. Try and tell me BRB doesn't do all that. Zomg, you don't know anything about BRB. trololololll

There's a reason your arguments aren't taken seriously. But if you want a serious response as has already been given to you, let's repeat it: You'll just have to accept that Wolverine only managed to kitty-scratch Thor. He'll kitty-scratch BRB, assuming BRB has the patience to try to talk him down, before getting rage stomped. And since BRB won't care about using lightning, he'll just pound Wolverine repeatedly like this:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/brb_stardust13.jpg

And then the ground will be as Wolverine sh1t-stained as your arguments are. It's the reasonable conclusion, after all.

Zack Fair
Shit, as of now, Fraction's crazy Thor would probably attempt to outright murder Logan.

I wish biscuits

carver9
This isn't a good fight for Wolverine. Bill wins.

srankmissingnin
Oh of course, Wolverine hurting a herald-level Superman foe like Nefaria is not PIS but getting trashed by an elite street level foe is PIS. How predictably droll. Also hilarious that you try to analogize Darkseid getting beaten up by street thugs with Wolverine getting his sh1t kicked in by Mr. X. laughing out loud And if you really want to talk about following forum rules, enough with your trolling. Just because people have gotten used to it, doesn't make it any less trollish.

Let's illustrate by having me speak in your simplistic retardspeak to counter your inane reasoning so you can relate better to our stance: Beta Ray Bill can survive the Sun. Wolverine does not have more destructive power than the Sun. Wolverine loses. Dur dur. Zomg, don't try to convince me Wolverine is more powerful than the Sun. God, you're so dumb. What? No! No, I'm not trying to pigeon-hole this fight into an irrelevant ABC comparison. Just prove Wolverine > the Sun, dummy. No, I'm right, you're wrong. BRB constantly and routinely survives stellar events like planetary explosions, blackholes and stars. So, no. Try and tell me BRB doesn't do all that. Zomg, you don't know anything about BRB. trololololll

There's a reason your arguments aren't taken seriously. But if you want a serious response as has already been given to you, let's repeat it: You'll just have to accept that Wolverine only managed to kitty-scratch Thor. He'll kitty-scratch BRB, assuming BRB has the patience to try to talk him down, before getting rage stomped. And since BRB won't care about using lightning, he'll just pound Wolverine repeatedly like this:

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/brb_stardust13.jpg

And then the ground will be as Wolverine sh1t-stained as your arguments are. It's the reasonable conclusion, after all.

Beta Ray Bills ability to survive the sun is irrelevant. We all know he has insane durability, but Wolverine's claws allow him to bypass said durability. Biologically Bill's body functions more or less the same as a humans. He has organs. He has blood. He has muscles and tendons. All those things do same job as they do on a human. Being able to survive in a star doesn't change the fact that if his spinal cord is severed he will be unable to move. Or if a major artery is severed he will bleed out. On a forum match Wolverine won't be limited to the indirect glancing blows that still managed to cut Thor, but will be landing flush, direct blows with the intend of maiming and killing. Wolverine is faster then bill and more skilled, he will hit him first, he will hit him more frequently, his attacks will do more damage then the attacks Bill lands, and Wolverine will heal from those attacks back to 100% while any damage Bill sustains will stack.

Not sure why I try reasoning with you, being as you are one of the here-to-fore mentioned idiots that is unable to comprehend that Wolverine's healing factor and claws is essentially substitute power-set for the standard durability / super strength brick archetype, that has historically allowed him to accomplish the same type of feats... only your worse then them because you also think Captain America can take the majority from Wolverine.

OneDumbG0
^ In a forum match Wolverine will be limited to kitty-scratches because that's all he's managed when fighting Thor on-panel with his top tier durability. He didn't even come close to decapitating Nefaria with his high durability, or severing his spinal cord, or any sort of one-shot kill on him (and that was with a free ambush even). Same with any Hulk that isn't gray. Deathverine even required Savage Hulk's own momentum to be able to actually make a wound deep enough to hurt him gravely. Wolverine didn't do crap against Gladiator either. Or pre-Void Sentry. Or Skaar. Or Wonder Man for that matter. So much for that legendary fairy-tale one-shot kill strike on a top tier durability foe.

As Wolverine cannot survive planet-busting attacks, he'll get ko'ed by BRB's attacks. Especially when he gets one-shotted by Savage Hulk. On-panel. Especially since he can get pummeled by street levelers into unconsciousness. On-panel. WWH punches? Irrelevant. If those had missed and gone into the ground, they would not have busted the planet. Not even close to WWH's or BRB's true strength attacks.

BRB wins. You want dumbed down Wolverithmetics-style debating? Fine. If it floats your boat, it sinks it too.

Batman-Prime
Though Wolverine can be koed by MA and Herald level characters (and Bambi) it shouldn't be so easy. And if BRB can only use Stormbreaker as a melee weapon only (blocking and attacking) I can see him doing slightly better then Thor. 'Cause as already mentioned, he is a Cyborg and his vital parts might be not where Logan should expect them to be. The Trauma of losing an arm shouldn't be that bad and he will still fight. I guess 5/10

srankmissingnin
^ In a forum match Wolverine will be limited to kitty-scratches because that's all he's managed when fighting Thor on-panel with his top tier durability. He didn't even come close to decapitating Nefaria with his high durability, or severing his spinal cord, or any sort of one-shot kill on him (and that was with a free ambush even). Same with any Hulk that isn't gray. Deathverine even required Savage Hulk's own momentum to be able to actually make a wound deep enough to hurt him gravely. Wolverine didn't do crap against Gladiator either. Or Skaar. Or Wonder Man for that matter. So much for that legendary fairy-tale one-shot kill strike on a top tier durability foe.

As Wolverine cannot survive planet-busting attacks, he'll get ko'ed by BRB's attacks. Especially when he gets one-shotted by Savage Hulk. On-panel. Especially since he can get pummeled by street levelers into unconsciousness. On-panel.

BRB wins. You want dumbed down Wolverithmetics-style debating? Fine. If it floats your boat, it sinks it too.

In a forum match Wolverine would carve up Bill like a Thanks Giving Turkey since he won't be limited to landing only glancing blows. Nefaria is a being of ionic energy, he doesn't have standard human biology. Wolverine carved him up and injured him but it would be impossible for him to kill Nef. Bill isn't in that same boat, he has more or less human biology. Wolverine only landed glancing blows on Thor for the same reason he does on Captain America, or Daredevil, or Punisher do. It has nothing to do with durability, it's because if Wolverine landed flush he would kill him and end the fight instantly. When Wolverine fights a character who is capable of surviving his blows, he lands them impunity. Thanos and Count Nef have greater durability then Thor, and Wolverine had no trouble cutting the up. There are no plot devices to save Thor (or Bill) on KMC, Wolverine isn't prevented from landing flush blows on the forum just because it would kill his opponent. Logan would have no trouble cutting Bill up, and I'm not sure why you think Thor crying from Wolverine's glancing blows suggest otherwise.

Wolverine frequently takes haymakers from Hulk, who is a planet buster. So... yeah.

OneDumbG0
In a forum match Wolverine would carve up Bill like a Thanks Giving Turkey since he won't be limited to landing only glancing blows. Nefaria is a being of ionic energy, he doesn't have standard human biology. That jobber Count Nefaria was bleeding, and BRB is a cyborg, nimrod. Good job trying to force a mstaken distinction down our throats that literally blew up in your own face. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine carved him up and injured him but it would be impossible for him to kill Nef. Bill isn't in that same boat, he has more or less human biology. Wolverine only landed glancing blows on Thor for the same reason he does on Captain America, or Daredevil, or Punisher do. It has nothing to do with durability, it's because if Wolverine landed flush he would kill him and end the fight instantly. When Wolverine fights a character who is capable of surviving his blows, he lands them impunity. Thanos and Count Nef have greater durability then Thor, and Wolverine had no trouble cutting the up. There are no plot devices to save Thor (or Bill) on KMC, Wolverine isn't prevented from landing flush blows on the forum just because it would kill his opponent. Logan would have no trouble cutting Bill up, and I'm not sure why you think Thor crying from Wolverine's glancing blows suggest otherwise. What you call Wolverine landing one-shot killing blows, we call kitty-scratches. Nefaria isn't any more durable than Thor or BRB. At his peak, he's weathered less than either of them. And Wolverine managed no one-shot kill blows on him either. Or on Sentry, or on Wonderman, or on Skaar, or on Gladiator, or on any Hulk that isn't gray. Thanos w/IG is PIS. This fantastical one-shot blow was already debunked when he managed only to kitty-scratch Thor on-panel. You have no evidence. Just random goons that clearly do not have top tier durability or one instance of SMvFL PIS.

You have no proof. Just an incessant whining about IDLI, IDH that you're trying to brand plot-device to explain away why you have no proof that Wolverine can easily one-shot these top tier beings ina fight. There's no plot device, it's called top tier durability and foes not permitting Wolverine to do whatever the hell he wants. We read "thick Asgardian skin," and you somehow conjure up "editorial mandate." There's no conspiracy at work here that robs you of proof. There's just your delusional need for proof and an inescapable void that you fill with fanciful theories of Wolverine jobbing to high heralds.Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine frequently takes haymakers from Hulk, who is a planet buster. So... yeah. Wolverine's been one-shotted by Savage Hulk. And none of those shots he took from any Hulk were planet-busting. Get your facts straight. BRB's busted planets, he uses them on Wolverine. Wolverine = done. Particularly since all he can do is kitty-scratch him. Simple, yeah?

In the meantime, try lowering your expectations and hope for Wolverine cleanly beating Daredevil, or Mr. X, or Spider-Man, or X-23 first before trying to bring him into BRB's class.

zopzop
If you didn't want to be reminded about how Wolverine cut him and how WM was unable to ko Logan even with a cheap shot ambush, you shouldn't have brought him up. cool

That scan is indeed a pathetic showing but not by Wolverine. A Cl100 being sneak attacks and speed blitzes Wolverine and all he is is dazed! One bop to the head by Maxam and Simon is KTFO! laughing

PS When did Wolverine cut Simon?

zopzop
What you call Wolverine landing one-shot killing blows, we call kitty-scratches. Nefaria isn't any more durable than Thor or BRB.

Thor went through the trouble of blocking two of Wolverine's attacks because they were "kitty scratches" or because they'd fug him up? Thor was bleeding profusely and holding his side because Wolverine "kitty scratched" him? roll eyes (sarcastic)

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by zopzop
Thor went through the trouble of blocking two of Wolverine's attacks because they were "kitty scratches" or because they'd fug him up? Thor was bleeding profusely and holding his side because Wolverine "kitty scratched" him? Thor blocks bullets. He doesn't have to. Superman catches bullets and has dodged Batman's fist. He doesn't have to. But I see its hard for you to think and jerk off to Galactus sweat drops at the same time. So I forgive you.

zopzop
Thor blocks bullets. He doesn't have to. Superman catches bullets and has dodged Batman's fist. He doesn't have to. But I see its hard for you to think and jerk off to Galactus sweat drops at the same time. So I forgive you.

Nice dodge. What about the "kitty scratch" on his side that was bleeding profusely and that he clutched in pain?

dmills
ODG vs Srank is almost deserving its own forum heading lol!

OneDumbG0
Nice dodge. What about the "kitty scratch" on his side that was bleeding profusely and that he clutched in pain? You mean the one Wolverine caused with "strikes failed to do any significant damage due to the thickness of my asgardian skin"? Those?

I imagine if a kitty raked its claws at you, you'd try to block it and when it connected on your side and drew blood and welts you'd touch it gingerly too and note with internal monologuing, "his strikes failed to do any significant damage due to the thickness of my pasty skin... also, I need to jerk to Galactus sweat drops forthwith."

zopzop
You mean the one Wolverine caused with "strikes failed to do any significant damage due to the thickness of my asgardian skin"? Those?

I imagine if a kitty raked its claws at you, you'd try to block it and when it connected on your side and drew blood and welts you'd touch it gingerly too and note with internal monologuing, "his strikes failed to do any significant damage due to the thickness of my pasty skin... also, I need to jerk to Galactus sweat drops forthwith."

Yeah failed to do any damage. That's why he was bleeding profusely and clutching his side (from your own respect thread):
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsWolverine04.jpg

wildernesss
logan looked like he was snapping out of his daze in the last panel of that wonder man scan....in what looked like mere seconds; a sneak attack speed blitz of five punches doesn't work so WM he picks up a rock? wtf!? Fail. this makes WM look like weak sauce while logan takes that beating like a boss.

anyway, logan has shown enough strength to deeply cut Thanos & leave him bleeding with his BONE claws; add adamantium & it's no wonder he was able to seriously wound thor & defeat hercules during contest of champions 2. or cut open & defeat grey hulk. or nearly destroy green hulk when logan was a horseman of apocalypse. logan spared green hulk during that fight. logan took massive punches from WW hulk while Ares was KOed with one hit. so ya, it isn't unreasonable to think logan has a chance against brb.

logan likely loses a majority, but he could potentially claw out a stalemate if he fights like he has never fought before & can evade a KO blow from brb's hammer. it's unlikely, but brb could lose a majority through attrition & logan's superior evasiveness/quickness.

the notion that strength/durability (so long as it's SUPER ZOMG! teh awesomw class 1000+ teh bor + thor =pwnage oompa!!) wins out over a unique power set like logan's is tiresome. sometimes a character has the tools to defeat another character....regardless of how ridiculously strong/durable that character is.

Lord Feron
Bill SMASH!!!

StiltmanFTW
In Coc II he didn't have adamantium.

wildernesss
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
In Coc II he didn't have adamantium.

cool, that's even better; he must of won due to his improved HF. his HF is just as good now though.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by wildernesss
cool, that's even better; he must of won due to his improved HF. his HF is just as good now though.

Either that or his speed/agility/skills were too much for Herc. He was in berserker rage then.

Harbinger
http://www.highdesertministries.com/Jesus_Facepalm.jpg

Bill wins.

Melee only.

Who wins? brb hammers wolverine down before logan can build wnough damage to put him down

cdtm
What's the arena composed of, again?

It's a wonder class 100's don't just pin him down with a really heavy rock or something.. Even if he really was as tough to KO as his supporters claim, he should be easy to incapacitate.

ankur29
What's the arena composed of, again?

It's a wonder class 100's don't just pin him down with a really heavy rock or something.. Even if he really was as tough to KO as his supporters claim, he should be easy to incapacitate.

thumb up

that is a good technique for dealing with him

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/403/sl5legioncps028.jpg/

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=3723&pg=6

StiltmanFTW
It would be if they weren't in a featureless environment stick out tongue

Silent Master
BRB wins.

Parmaniac
It would be if they weren't in a featureless environment stick out tongue He drops his Hammer on him like Thor on Loki in the movie biscuits

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
He drops his Hammer on him like Thor on Loki in the movie biscuits

Stormbreaker has the same enchantment?

ankur29

either way i think it's supposed to be really heavy

zopzop

Yeah. I remember various people trying to lift it and failing.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ankur29
either way i think it's supposed to be really heavy

Mr X had no problem with wielding Asgardian weaponry. Same with Daken and that Olympian war cleaver (well, what was left of it anyway).

StiltmanFTW
Yeah. I remember various people trying to lift it and failing.

Thanks. So only Bill can lift it?

zopzop

No, it's like the Mjolnir enchantment (whoever is worthy) because Masterson Thor lifted Stormbreaker.

SuperiorTech

SuperiorTech
edit

StiltmanFTW
No, it's like the Mjolnir enchantment (whoever is worthy) because Masterson Thor lifted Stormbreaker.

I see.

zopzop
I see.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9347/thor198941220.th.jpg http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/860/thor198941222.th.jpg

And

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4002/thor46108.th.jpg http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7581/thor46109.th.jpg

cdtm

It's one of those "worthy" enchantments.

In the Godslayer story, Bill's obsession with killing Galactus made him unworthy, and he couldn't lift the hammer.

StiltmanFTW
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9347/thor198941220.th.jpg http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/860/thor198941222.th.jpg

And

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4002/thor46108.th.jpg http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7581/thor46109.th.jpg

Bill looks really badass in first two scans. Anti-grav brace failed? Stormbreaker > Mjolnir! biscuits

It's one of those "worthy" enchantments.

In the Godslayer story, Bill's obsession with killing Galactus made him unworthy, and he couldn't lift the hammer.

But that didn't last long, did it? Him not being worthy I mean.

Parmaniac
Bill looks really badass in first two scans. Anti-grav brace failed? Stormbreaker > Mjolnir! biscuits

But that didn't last long, did it? Him not being worthy I mean. Galactus ****ed him up talked to him said he understands etc healed him and then he was worthy again IIRC

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Galactus ****ed him up talked to him said he understands etc healed him and then he was worthy again IIRC

"Sorry man, I understand you're pissed about me eating your planet... but c'mon, I was really hungry and that lazy Surfer couldn't find me a better meal."

That's what he said, more or less? laughing out loud

cdtm
He played the "Force of nature working. Not proud of what I do, but I'm stuck doing it.. Be glad you're not.

Take this reincarnated hot chick from your race as a consolation prize."

Pallas
Bill takes this easy.

toothpicks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.