Iron Man VS Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wildernesss
Iron Man VS Magneto

no prep. no bfr. magneto enters fight with shields up. fight takes place on utopia.

who wins?

JakeTheBank
Magneto generally, but Iron Man's defenses stop him from being outright obliterated at the on set of the fight.

Cogito
Magneto

CPT Space Bomb
Magneto. Even with Stark making his armor de-magnetized, Mags can EMP just about any electrics Stark can use, and his shields aren't being penetrated by IM.

Bentley
IM's anti EMP shields are better than Doom's...

the ninjak
What's Mags gonna do against blistering sonics?

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Magneto. Even with Stark making his armor de-magnetized, Mags can EMP just about any electrics Stark can use, and his shields aren't being penetrated by IM. I'm not talking about him EMp'ing Stark's suit. Say, if Stark wanted to fire a satellite on Magneto.. Anyway, Magneto has never come close to losing to IM as far as I can remember. I don't see him starting now.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by the ninjak
What's Mags gonna do against blistering sonics? Use the unified field to protect him. Iron man is just out powered here, but quite a bit.

Bentley

CPT Space Bomb

Scoobless
Should be interesting. Both have humbled eachother before (Though Magneto's House of M was atrocious, and it wasn't the real Doom).

This SHOULD (emphasis on should) be awesome. I like how Doom usually plays the villain role when these two meet up.... evil face

Bet if Doom loses it turns out to be a friggin' Doombot ... I hate those ****ing things.

Philosophía

rotiart
If magneto can't directly manipulate iron mans armor...
Or send out an em pulse to disrupt his tech...

I'd still say magneto grabs some metal beam and plays baseball with Tonys skull.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by rotiart
If magneto can't directly manipulate iron mans armor...
Or send out an em pulse to disrupt his tech...

I'd still say magneto grabs some metal beam and plays baseball with Tonys skull. That's one option out of many for Magneto. IM has few to none.

rotiart
At peak showings I sincerely doubt iron man could breach magnetos shields.

Iron man could attempt sonics or bright lights to blind or disorient Erik... But that would have to be what he'd have to do.

Bentley
At peak showings I sincerely doubt iron man could breach magnetos shields.

Iron man could attempt sonics or bright lights to blind or disorient Erik... But that would have to be what he'd have to do.

Mags shields have been pierced by energy beams with shifting frequencies, Repulsor tech produces those.

rotiart
Originally posted by Bentley
Mags shields have been pierced by energy beams with shifting frequencies, Repulsor tech produces those.

That! I wasn't aware of... In that case if magnetos shields are useless against Tonys repulser blasts then we have a possible stomp in tony's favor...

But since you have proven me wrong I just wanted to say...
.... Kang sucks... ;-)

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by Bentley
Mags shields have been pierced by energy beams with shifting frequencies, Repulsor tech produces those. When has Iron Man's repulsor's ever gotten through his shields? Cause I can show scans where he admits they can't even touch his shields.

Bentley
When has Iron Man's repulsor's ever gotten through his shields? Cause I can show scans where he admits they can't even touch his shields.

It wasn't Iron-Man who pierced the shields, but apparently it has been done before, breaking Mags's shields using shifting-frequency technology. IM has that tech, it used it against Kang during Kang Dynasty and a more portable version against the vibranium Doombots during Doomwar.

That! I wasn't aware of... In that case if magnetos shields are useless against Tonys repulser blasts then we have a possible stomp in tony's favor...

But since you have proven me wrong I just wanted to say...
.... Kang sucks... ;-)

ahah

stick out tongue

CPT Space Bomb
Eh, that's PIS honestly, Mag's shields have withstood Iron Man's repulsor's before, not to mention MUCH more powerful attacks. Surving 2 nukes > anything IM has honestly. As for Mag's options?

1. As stated he could play baseball using any metal beams or anything with any trace of metal.
2. Also, he could assemble a slight layer of metal armor around Iron Man's suit like he did to Rogue. Sure IM's suit is impervious to metal, but not if Mags coats it.
3. He could also open a wormhole on him..lol.

Many more options as well. Mags everytime.

Originally posted by the ninjak
What's Mags gonna do against blistering sonics? laugh at them.

magneto wins. if you give them both prep, he still wins

leonidas
he's easily controlled tony's blood right through his armor in the past. don't see why he couldn't simply do so again.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by leonidas
he's easily controlled tony's blood right through his armor in the past. don't see why he couldn't simply do so again.

He's done that? Geez.

Cogito
Tony needs to go on a low iron diet

chomperx9
Originally posted by Cogito
Tony needs to go on a low iron diet laughing out loud

thanos-prime

Do you know which issue(s) this happened in?

leonidas
Originally posted by thanos-prime
Do you know which issue(s) this happened in?

he did it in dark seduction #3 (i think it was #3...)

http://imageshack.us/f/41/magnetodarkseduction030.jpg/

he also did it once before in an avengers book but i can't recall the issue. in dark seduction, he was even able to take physical control of she-hulk's body and control her to strike other avengers. he also completely locked up tony's armor with ease in that mini series.

mags is badazz....

oh, and it should be noted--when mags controlled tony's blood, he was WEAK. he was actually drawing on polaris's power to do it. mags>>polaris

Bentley
Eh, that's PIS honestly, Mag's shields have withstood Iron Man's repulsor's before, not to mention MUCH more powerful attacks. Surving 2 nukes > anything IM has honestly. As for Mag's options?

1. As stated he could play baseball using any metal beams or anything with any trace of metal.
2. Also, he could assemble a slight layer of metal armor around Iron Man's suit like he did to Rogue. Sure IM's suit is impervious to metal, but not if Mags coats it.
3. He could also open a wormhole on him..lol.

Many more options as well. Mags everytime.

I'm not saying IM wins, I'm just explaining a natural venue for him to attack Erick that may actually work. Nukes and shifting energies at computer speeds aren't the same thing.

"Id"
Well lets look at a few facts.

Without shields, Iron Man benefits of having his armor demagnetized, and can withstand an EMP from Chen Lu (Radioactive Man). Hell, he has gone to make the armor EM safe.

With shields, he has the infamous Zero Point Energy force-field. At two percent, it can with stand a nuclear explosion.

Its more than likely he can stand up to Magneto for as long as his armor stays powered.

CPT Space Bomb
he's easily controlled tony's blood right through his armor in the past. don't see why he couldn't simply do so again. Good point, I had thought he did that before but wasn't sure. That really seals the deal for Magneto. As I said, 10/10 Mags.

I recall some old scans in which mags bypasses all the defenses of an armor IM tailored to be immune to magnetism and owns him

Scoobless
When has Iron Man's repulsor's ever gotten through his shields? Cause I can show scans where he admits they can't even touch his shields.

If they don't touch his shields ... doesn't that mean they go straight past the shields and hit the guy?

rolling on floor laughing

the ninjak
Happy Dance Ironman ftw!

eaebiakuya
Originally posted by "Id"

With shields, he has the infamous Zero Point Energy force-field. At two percent, it can with stand a nuclear explosion.

When it happened ??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.