Power Girl Vs Guy Gardner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
PG is pissed!

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/25807/1812972-pgl_cv27_02_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1720458-choose_your_fate_large.jpg

DARTH POWER
PG wins.. Possibly Stomps..
Hal Jordan would be a better fight.

Cogito
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
PG wins.. Possibly Stomps...

mad

Gardner is seriously underrated. He's in that tiny notch below Hal (not that he deserves to be below Hal...) with Kyle and most of the other new Guardians.

I'm not generally a fan of placing Lanterns over more versatile bricks like Kryptonians, but I'm giving the edge here to Guy.

6-7/10

Harbinger
PG looks seductively at Guy.

Game over.

Cogito
Originally posted by Harbinger

Game over.

Seriously. That's probably how it goes down.

Epic boob time. cool

Bentley
Gay Gardner doesn't care about teets.

Robin Dc
Originally posted by Bentley
Guy Gardner doesn't care about teets. thumb up

Prep-Man

LOL! What?

aztec
Karen knocks his teeth out. Guy isn't in the same league as Hal or Kyle. He's still a chump at best. eek!

JakeTheBank
WTF?

W.T.F?

Karen would give her left boob to be with the man known as Guy Gardner.

Guy wins the fight and something else to boot afterwords.

vansonbee
How can guy beat Power Girl?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by vansonbee
How can guy beat Power Girl?

Seriously?

vansonbee
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Seriously? Enlighten me, I know nothing of this Guy person, other than he's a foul mouth human green lantern. Can his energy blast, strength, speed and defense can protect him, catch-up, kO, and damage PG?

Has he fought someone like her level of abilities?

JakeTheBank
Enlighten me, I know nothing of this Guy person, other than he's a foul mouth human green lantern.

sneer

There's your first mistake, bro. But I can forgive you for this offense.

This time.

Can his energy blast, strength, speed and defense can protect him, catch-up, kO, and damage PG?

Yes.

Has he fought someone like her level of abilities?

Yes.

vansonbee
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

sneer

There's your first mistake, bro. But I can forgive you for this offense.

This time.

Yes.

Yes. Thats the problem, can you references the scans or time he has done so?

I do place Superman, Supergirl and PG above lanterns, if they fought seriously.

Batman-Prime
In a serious battle, problably 5/10. Though 'cause of the picture in this thread... PG 10/10 droolio

Badabing
Originally posted by Harbinger

Game over. Guys looks seductively at Power Girl

The "for real" game over! sneer

Digi
The difference between the non-fodder lanterns is not as large as people seem to think.

Like, if Soranik Natu and Hal fought, she'd push him, and it would be a long-ass fight. I don't get it when people downgrade anyone but Alan, Hal, and sometimes Kyle to practically High Meta status...which is basically where they'd need to be for this to be a decisive PG victory.

Guy destroys here. I can't think of any PG feats that would scare me if I was forced to back Guy in this fight, and I read a lot more JSA than I do GLC.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Digi
The difference between the non-fodder lanterns is not as large as people seem to think.

Like, if Soranik Natu and Hal fought, she'd push him, and it would be a long-ass fight. I don't get it when people downgrade anyone but Alan, Hal, and sometimes Kyle to practically High Meta status...which is basically where they'd need to be for this to be a decisive PG victory.

Guy destroys here. I can't think of any PG feats that would scare me if I was forced to back Guy in this fight, and I read a lot more JSA than I do GLC.

She did good against Supergirl and WW. I think both Girls have the potential to split a good lantern alla Guy, Kyle or John. They are about in the same league imho.

vansonbee

Guy destroys here. I can't think of any PG feats that would scare me if I was forced to back Guy in this fight, and I read a lot more JSA than I do GLC. So PG no where near strong as Superman? What Superman chances with lanterns than?

OneDumbG0

Guy destroys here. I can't think of any PG feats that would scare me if I was forced to back Guy in this fight, and I read a lot more JSA than I do GLC. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail15.jpg

-Pr-

no expression

le crack pipe: put it down.

leonidas
the french makes your post sound so much more sophisticated. i'm with pr on this one.

Digi
Originally posted by leonidas
the french makes your post sound so much more sophisticated. i'm with pr on this one.

pft. because?

-Pr-
pft. because?

You stated Natu would actually be capable of matching Hal for long periods, I assume.

Badabing
Guy destroys here. thumb up

Digi
Originally posted by -Pr-
You stated Natu would actually be capable of matching Hal for long periods, I assume.

I'm saying it wouldn't be a stomp. We all know who wins that fight, I'm not disputing an outcome. I'm disputing that there's a big gap between them in the majority of circumstances. The things that most separate Hal and Kyle from the others are versatility feats. If we're trading blows with Power Girl, Guy is pretty much identical to what you think Hal would bring. Yes, we know Hal has better feats, even in the raw power department, but we're talking about small degrees of separation, not massive ones.

So if you think Hal takes 10/10 from PG, as I'm sure most people do, the drop for Guy would be, at worst, down to 8-9/10. I only used Soranik because it's another "named" Lantern that isn't one of the Big 3. The same logic applies to, say, John, Wog, Guy, etc.

-Pr-
I'm saying it wouldn't be a stomp. We all know who wins that fight, I'm not disputing an outcome. I'm disputing that there's a big gap between them in the majority of circumstances. The things that most separate Hal and Kyle from the others are versatility feats. If we're trading blows with Power Girl, Guy is pretty much identical to what you think Hal would bring. Yes, we know Hal has better feats, even in the raw power department, but we're talking about small degrees of separation, not massive ones.

So if you think Hal takes 10/10 from PG, as I'm sure most people do, the drop for Guy would be, at worst, down to 8-9/10. I only used Soranik because it's another "named" Lantern that isn't one of the Big 3. The same logic applies to, say, John, Wog, Guy, etc.

Hal fighting Natu, imo, would be analogous to Superman fighting Supergirl. She's a threat until he decides otherwise and takes her apart.

I don't actually think Hal would get 10/10 from PG, though (maybe I'm the minority). I do think Guy would beat for a majority either way.

I would consider Hal to be > Guy, though, jokes aside.

Batman-Prime
Hal is the ueber Lantern. He is like a Halk big grin. No other lantern could have do this Krona thing.

Hal against PG? 6-7/10 these days.

Superman/Hal/WW/MM/CM should be on the same level, and their "lesser" versions should also be similary powerful to each other respectively.

Supergirl/Powergirl/Kyle/Guy/Donna/maybe Miss M./Freddy/Mary

Edit: I forgot the Marvel Family smile.

-Pr-
Plus, Power Girl once slept with Hal. Who knows how that would change things... mmm

Zack Fair
Plus, Power Girl once slept with Hal. Who knows how that would change things... mmm

uhuh

Digi
Hal fighting Natu, imo, would be analogous to Superman fighting Supergirl. She's a threat until he decides otherwise and takes her apart.

I don't actually think Hal would get 10/10 from PG, though (maybe I'm the minority). I do think Guy would beat for a majority either way.

I would consider Hal to be > Guy, though, jokes aside.

Not disputing Hal > Guy. Few would. I just think PG's a notch below any Lantern that's worth their salt. The difference between PG and Hal is larger than between Hal and other competent Lanterns. Any of the B-list Laterns I mentioned, I would give at least 8/10 to against PG, and potentially 10/10.

Batman-Prime

It would definitely make it harder for Hal.

rimshot

-Pr-
Not disputing Hal > Guy. Few would. I just think PG's a notch below any Lantern that's worth their salt. The difference between PG and Hal is larger than between Hal and other competent Lanterns. Any of the B-list Laterns I mentioned, I would give at least 8/10 to against PG, and potentially 10/10.

You'd honestly give Natu 8/10 against PG?

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
It would definitely make it harder for Hal.

rimshot

ha-som

OneDumbG0
Not disputing Hal > Guy. Few would. http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Even%20More%20Random/Phail17.jpg

cdtm
Nobody GL's can do some impressive stuff, actually...

Jack T. Chance gave Lobo a better fight than Guy ever did.

A nobody GL contained Swamp Things essence.

Another nobody GL was giving Doomsday a pretty good fight, until he adapted beyond his ring.

And the old GL comics about random Corp members has all kinds of good feats, including stull like sealing up black holes from within..

Digi
You'd honestly give Natu 8/10 against PG?

You wouldn't? I suppose it's easier with the others I listed. John, Wog, and Guy all have their share of feats. Natu's pretty much the lowest "Lantern with a name" I could've listed. But at least a majority, yeah. And I'd probably need to be talked out of an initial opinion of 8/10.

But basically, yeah, worthwhile GL's should possess more power than PG.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
thumb up suck up

chomperx9
Plus, Power Girl once slept with Hal. Who knows how that would change things... mmm power girl has slept with just about everyone in the league.

-Pr-
You wouldn't? I suppose it's easier with the others I listed. John, Wog, and Guy all have their share of feats. Natu's pretty much the lowest "Lantern with a name" I could've listed. But at least a majority, yeah. And I'd probably need to be talked out of an initial opinion of 8/10.

But basically, yeah, worthwhile GL's should possess more power than PG.

I... I honestly don't know what to say. I mean, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it and all, but... Yeah, disagreed. Quite a bit too.

Originally posted by chomperx9
power girl has slept with just about everyone in the league.

That's Hal you're thinking of.

CosmicComet

you shut your whore mouth!

Digi
I... I honestly don't know what to say. I mean, that's your opinion, and you're entitled to it and all, but... Yeah, disagreed. Quite a bit too.

Am I just not remembering her best feats? What has she done that makes her more than the JSA's Ms. Marvel. Mind you, I'm not saying she's at Carol's power level, I realize she's >> Carol. But she kinda fills that same role, with the uber feats being reserved for Alan, Fate, Flash, Johnny Thunderbolt, Cpt. Marvel, etc. Kryptonians come in at a certain minimum power level, I get that. But I just think we're comparing a low herald to a mid herald, to use the old ranking system.

Digi
Split imo.

Wait wait, woah. This is from the Guy vs. J'onn thread. Are you telling me that your personal hierarchy between the three is PG > Guy = J'onn? ...we may have to turn off tp for you to agree to that, I don't know what PG's tp defenses are like.

Still, this comment in light of your remarks in this thread seems...off to me.

-Pr-
I never considered PG to be above Guy, I just think she can get a couple of wins from him is all.

chomperx9
Wait wait, woah. This is from the Guy vs. J'onn thread. Are you telling me that your personal hierarchy between the three is PG > Guy = J'onn? ...we may have to turn off tp for you to agree to that, I don't know what PG's tp defenses are like.

Still, this comment in light of your remarks in this thread seems...off to me. his comments are off at times

Badabing
his comments are off at times Nobody was talking to you. And trying to troll a mod...not very bright. Contribute to the thread or stay out of it. Thank you.

Digi
his comments are off at times

Sage advice.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

I never considered PG to be above Guy, I just think she can get a couple of wins from him is all.

That's more reasonable, though in a forum setting I disagree, I think it's 10/10. Do you think she takes a majority off of Natu? I think 2-3 wins there is expected, but I'd still give Natu probably 8/10.

-Pr-
Sage advice.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

That's more reasonable, though in a forum setting I disagree, I think it's 10/10. Do you think she takes a majority off of Natu? I think 2-3 wins there is expected, but I'd still give Natu probably 8/10.

i think she's able to split with Natu, tbh, if not beat her.

Natu's good, but she's not Guy level imo.

aztec
Karen doesn't need to get her hands dirty to defeat Gardner. All she has to do is flash him and he's down for the count. Her tactics can't prove me wrong, unless of course he's not into women. stick out tongue

cdtm
Am I just not remembering her best feats? What has she done that makes her more than the JSA's Ms. Marvel.

Held her own with classic Wonder Woman, for one.

And there's the time Johns had her hold off mind controlled characters in JSA, including Superman. While it can be argued they weren't firing on all cylinders, they DID take out Captain Marvel pretty quickly.

DARTH POWER
I personally think it takes a pretty powerful GL to defeat any adult Kryptonian.

JakeTheBank
Which Guy Gardner is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.