Thanos versus The Serpent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wodenson
How does Thanos do against Odin's near-equal, the Serpent?

Harbinger
Feat-wise, what's the Serpent done? I know it straight up shattered Cap's shield, but not sure about the rest.

Serpent wins here, though, if the "near equal to Odin" deal holds true.

StiltmanFTW
Bfr'd Thor with a single blast, owned Avengers with a ground pound.

Wodenson
He empowered the Worthy Hammers.

celeyhyga17
Going by implied power, Serpent no question! But it's still way too early!

leonidas
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Going by implied power, Serpent no question! But it's still way too early!

thumb up

Parmaniac
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Bfr'd Thor with a single blast, owned Avengers with a ground pound. In which issue did he BFR Thor?

leonidas
fear itself 4....? casually blasted him through a portal across the world--or, mostly across the world....

StiltmanFTW
Yep, it was FI #4.

Colossus-Big C
Serpent

Colossus-Big C
caps shield is more durable than thanos, he would shatter thanos easier than he did the shield

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
caps shield is more durable than thanos, he would shatter thanos easier than he did the shield Cap's shield delivered a great fight too, lot's of skill there.

CosmicComet
I'll go for the classic villain as opposed to the guy we probably won't remember 5 years from now.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I'll go for the classic villain as opposed to the guy we probably won't remember 5 years from now.

thumb up

I also think that Thanos can win.

psycho gundam
I'll go for the classic villain as opposed to the guy we probably won't remember 5 years from now. chaos king who?

CosmicComet
Never heard of him.

Harbinger
BUT HE DESTROYED THINGS!!!! LOTS OF THINGS!!!!

Wodenson
So Doctor Octopus and Green Goblin would also beat the Serpent? After all, we'll remember them long after the Serpent is forgotten.

Good logic.

dmills

laughing out loud

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Cap's shield delivered a great fight too, lot's of skill there. thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Cap's shield delivered a great fight too, lot's of skill there.
I loled in RL big grin

You know, it's Marvel's stupidity on display here. Think about it. You have a character named "The Serpent" imprisoned at the bottom of the Ocean, his sigil is a Snake, he created 7 hammers for 7 Worthy. They could have just made it that "The Serpent" was Set and it would have tied in nicely to that Secret Avengers arc last year. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Oh well. Like you guys said, he'll be another Chaos King.

Back on topic, Serpent wins.

TheLordofMurder
tHAnos wins he cant be killed ko'ed has force block thaNOS cn kill unkkillables death IS hsis GIRLFIRND thanos mindrape the serpent has shiels powr up beat the MAKER infinite power so THANOs pwer moore infinte

thanOS 10/10

laughing out loud

Prep-Man
Why didn't Thor just teleport back?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Why didn't Thor just teleport back?

Hulk and Thing were there, he chose to fight them.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

CPT Space Bomb
Serpent wins.

StiltmanFTW
Thanos loses.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not Thanos.

quanchi112
How does the Serpent win ?

Wodenson
How doesn't he win?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wodenson
How doesn't he win? Thanos is more powerful and is unkillable. What has the Serpent done to prove he can take Thanos ?

Wodenson
He has broken Cap's shield with force (something Thanos could never do), empowered the Worthy, and his presence has sent Odin into panic mode. Meanwhile, Odin puts Thanos away without breathing hard.

Thanos is way overrated. His entire claim to fame is standing up to an Odin who wasn't going all-out, with heavy assistance from tech and an outside power source.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by quanchi112
How does the Serpent win ?
How does Thanos win ?

Bentley
Thanos is more powerful and is unkillable. What has the Serpent done to prove he can take Thanos ?

Ko is enough for a win.

quanchi112
He has broken Cap's shield with force (something Thanos could never do), empowered the Worthy, and his presence has sent Odin into panic mode. Meanwhile, Odin puts Thanos away without breathing hard.

Thanos is way overrated. His entire claim to fame is standing up to an Odin who wasn't going all-out, with heavy assistance from tech and an outside power source. How is any of Thanos' first bout with Odin relevant to current Thanos ? Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
How does Thanos win ? Killing him.Originally posted by Bentley
Ko is enough for a win. Does he have a cc on him and is Thanos naked ?

the ninjak
Serpents simple flinch destruction of Cap's shield shows he has the means to physically put the hurt on Thanos.

And his teleportation of Thor into NY means the Serpent can easily BFR Thanos.

The guy has particle manip feats as well. He willed a flying kingdom into existence.

He's already too much but by the prophecies say Thor is his Kryptonite like Drax is Thanos'. Thor will put him down and everybody will say it was too easy.

But I reckon Serpent takes this. Especially since he hasn't even reached his peak yet. He still can spread his fear to many worlds, galaxies and dimensions. By then he would be unstoppable. Odin is right to want to burn the Earth.

The Serpent wins.

Kid Kurdy
Killing him.
How ? He couldn't even scratch Odin who wasn't even trying. The Serpent is written to be at least as powerful, and much more vicious.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
How ? He couldn't even scratch Odin who wasn't even trying. The Serpent is written to be at least as powerful, and much more vicious. Thanos is a lot more powerful since he took on Odin who by the way didn't defeat Thanos and the battle ended in a standstill. Odin was also trying to kill Thanos.

-Pr-
Odin beat him. He also says "deal with it".

CPT Space Bomb
Thanos is a lot more powerful since he took on Odin who by the way didn't defeat Thanos and the battle ended in a standstill. Odin was also trying to kill Thanos. Odin was NOT trying to kill Thanos. He kept stopping, giving Thanos chances to yield. If Odin wanted Thanos dead, he'd be dead. Or at the very least he wouldn't keep giving him chances.

Thanos is a beast, and he defended Odin's attacks far better than many anticipated, but let's not go overboard and say it was a stalemate, and that Odin was going for the kill....

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Odin beat him. He also says "deal with it". Marvel bio says differently although it's irrelevant anyways to current Thanos.Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Odin was NOT trying to kill Thanos. He kept stopping, giving Thanos chances to yield. If Odin wanted Thanos dead, he'd be dead. Or at the very least he wouldn't keep giving him chances.

Thanos is a beast, and he defended Odin's attacks far better than many anticipated, but let's not go overboard and say it was a stalemate, and that Odin was going for the kill.... He admitted on panel he was trying to make him stop breathing aka kill him. He gave him a chance after he already thought he defeated/killed him due to his respect as a warrior to yield. This is all supported in the comic and this really has nothing to do with current Thanos and I don't want it to bog down the thread with another Thanos/Odin debate.

-Pr-
Marvel bio says differently although it's irrelevant anyways to current Thanos. He admitted on panel he was trying to make him stop breathing aka kill him. He gave him a chance after he already thought he defeated/killed him due to his respect as a warrior to yield. This is all supported in the comic and this really has nothing to do with current Thanos and I don't want it to bog down the thread with another Thanos/Odin debate.

Feats > bios. shrug

quanchi112
Feats > bios. shrug I agree but on panel Thanos was never defeated had he been Odin would have never gave him the option of yielding or not.

TheLordofMurder
I agree but on panel Thanos was never defeated had he been Odin would have never gave him the option of yielding or not.

Thanos looks defeated to me; he just had too much pride to admit it...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
I knew once Odin was brought into this the actual thread would soon be lost. Sigh of all sighs.

TheLordofMurder
I knew once Odin was brought into this the actual thread would soon be lost. Sigh of all sighs.

laughing out loud

Wodenson
Thanos is closer to Worthy level than Serpent level.

quanchi112
Thanos is closer to Worthy level than Serpent level. Based on ?

Wodenson
Based on Thanos' power level. He's well above top tier, but well below Skyfather. Sorry to break it to you.

quanchi112
Based on Thanos' power level. He's well above top tier, but well below Skyfather. Sorry to break it to you. If he's well below skyfather level why didn't Odin easily ko him or beat him into submission ? Can any of the worthy take on Odin like Thanos did in the past.

Badabing
The Serpent seems like a high skyfather. But feats are lacking.

If the Serpent is as power as he seems then Thanos is out of his weight class here.

Wodenson
Thanos was augmented, and Odin wasn't going full-bore. And I'm not downplaying Thanos' durability. He's a tough nut to crack.

quanchi112
Thanos was augmented, and Odin wasn't going full-bore. And I'm not downplaying Thanos' durability. He's a tough nut to crack. What do you mean he was augmented ? Odin was trying to kill him and name me a worthy that could gain Odin's respect and resist his attempts to kill him.

Wodenson
Thanos was tapping into an additional 'science-based' power source. Odin was not trying to kill Thanos. He was trying to get him to submit. Odin kept turning up the gain, but was not unleashing his full power.

quanchi112
Thanos was tapping into an additional 'science-based' power source. Odin was not trying to kill Thanos. He was trying to get him to submit. Odin kept turning up the gain, but was not unleashing his full power. Odin tried to kill him and only later when he started respecting him gave him the choice to surrender. Thanos' might has always been scientifically acquired on top of everything else so that's no different than Iron Man using his suit.

-Pr-
I agree but on panel Thanos was never defeated had he been Odin would have never gave him the option of yielding or not.

"I'll stop smashing your face in" is not the same thing as it being a stalemate, but...

What Bada said, anyway...

Batman-Prime
Thanos survived Odins wrath, ok he was far away from winning but it was very impressive. The Serpent hasn't fought Odin yet, let's see how he will be defeated, though I'm sure he will.

I will side with Thanos till then.

quanchi112
"I'll stop smashing your face in" is not the same thing as it being a stalemate, but...

What Bada said, anyway... Well, a battle with no winner with Thanos on the losing end as to what we saw but he had more gas left in the tank.

I feel like these Serpent threads really can't pan out until we see him defeated or the story ends.

-Pr-
Well, a battle with no winner with Thanos on the losing end as to what we saw but he had more gas left in the tank.

I feel like these Serpent threads really can't pan out until we see him defeated or the story ends.

mmm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.