Superman with Mjolnir + Cap's Shield vs. The Worthy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Power Cosmic II
How long does he last...can he defeat them all.

Assume Mjolnir stacks with Supes' inherent powers.

Gecko4lif
Defeats them all with minimal difficulty

carver9
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
How long does he last...can he defeat them all.

Assume Mjolnir stacks with Supes' inherent powers.

Supes pull a Thor and try to rammed Hulk in the chest and gets koed from the impact.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by carver9
Supes pull a Thor and try to rammed Hulk in the chest and gets koed from the impact.

LoL.
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkoj5dPzHD1qzh0wto1_250.gif
No.

The Worthy are ****ed.

Batman-Prime
So Superman, already a high Herlad gets Mjolnir which gives him Thor's powers. Thor who is Supermans magic-based equal? So he has the power of two high Heralds, the benefit of Mjolnir which will not only remove his magic weakness but gives him also a lot of powers and he gets Cap's Shield to get sure he tanks what comes his way?
The Worthy will throw away their Hammers and quit their jobs...

Caps Conscience
Supes won't be able lift mjornir so he dies.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Caps Conscience

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/maxwell_smart__confused.gif

He doesn't need the hammer. biscuits

Batman-Prime

Odin isn't dumb, in times of great need a worthy being like Superman can lift it and crush the enemies of Asgard!

Some of the worthy will go down, 2 maybe 3 of them, but I think they ultimately win. the juggernaut sure as hell aint going down.

h1a8
Superman doesn't need the hammer or shield.
He vibrates and combos them to ko or simply bfr them all.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman doesn't need the hammer or shield.
He vibrates and combos them to ko or simply bfr them all.

This isn't CIS off Superman, just so you know. The likelihood of Superman counter vibrating and combo-to-koing the Worthy with very liberal speed usage isn't very high based off of how Superman typically fights.

You think he takes 10/10 without Mjolnir and the shield or something?

Parmaniac
The shield could actually become a disadvantage as soon as he confronts Absorbing Man.

doubt it would stop juggs hammer too

srankmissingnin
Superman admits he could never beat the Hulk, then passes out. cool

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Superman admits he could never beat the Hulk, then passes out. cool

Unfortunately while Thor is stuck 10 Superman's dials go up to 11

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Unfortunately while Thor is stuck 10 Superman's dials go up to 11 Supermans dials should go up to 911 and call some reinforcements.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Supermans dials should go up to 911 and call some reinforcements.

Or to pick up all the death by his feet Happy Dance

Batman-Prime
With Mjolnir + Caps Shield he beats the Worthy and WB Hulk combined.

http://www7.pic-upload.de/15.08.11/eewhcqtcj54g.png

Parmaniac
laughing

Rage.Of.Olympus
What do you mean by stack? That all of Thor's abilities in their totality are directly added to Superman's? As far as I can tell, all those worthy of Mjolnir take onto themselves a portion of Thor's essence which is why Thor is still himself but those with Mjolnir feel so much more powerful even if they're Heralds originally.

Anways, if Superman just becomes worthy of Mjolnir in the regular manner, he would get his ass stomped. He'd have to give it all his got to beat Worthy Hulk. Grey Gargoyle, Thing, Attuma, Absorbing Man, Juggernaut are all elite Top Tiers or High Heralds. Even Titania is no slouch.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Supermans dials should go up to 911 and call some reinforcements.

Heavily favored front runner for the Best Post of 2011.

h1a8
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
This isn't CIS off Superman, just so you know. The likelihood of Superman counter vibrating and combo-to-koing the Worthy with very liberal speed usage isn't very high based off of how Superman typically fights.

You think he takes 10/10 without Mjolnir and the shield or something?

Superman uses his brains and figures that this is the only way to win.

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What do you mean by stack? That all of Thor's abilities in their totality are directly added to Superman's? As far as I can tell, all those worthy of Mjolnir take onto themselves a portion of Thor's essence which is why Thor is still himself but those with Mjolnir feel so much more powerful even if they're Heralds originally.

Anways, if Superman just becomes worthy of Mjolnir in the regular manner, he would get his ass stomped. He'd have to give it all his got to beat Worthy Hulk. Grey Gargoyle, Thing, Attuma, Absorbing Man, Juggernaut are all elite Top Tiers or High Heralds. Even Titania is no slouch.

Superman has speed on his side. He can simply speed up his perception to where they are statues and simply beat them accordingly. Or he could simply bfr each into space for the win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman has speed on his side. He can simply speed up his perception to where they are statues and simply beat them accordingly.

Or not.

Or he could simply bfr each into space for the win.

The worthy can fly and teleport if they have to.

Superman uses his brains and figures that this is the only way to win. he'll be downed before it comes to that.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Odin isn't dumb, in times of great need a worthy being like Superman can lift it and crush the enemies of Asgard!

The only example of great need that we've seen is both the DC and Marvel universes being in danger...which isn't the case here, So The only way Superman is lifting it is if the thread starter states that the worthy enchantment isn't in effect.

Caps Conscience
Supes can't lift it. Close Thread.

-Pr-
For the purposes of the thread he can, though.

leonidas
he still loses. he's not beating juggs regardless. we've already seen the worthy open dimensional portals so no bfr. the shield would make creel nearly as unbeatable as juggs. supes has no chance to win this.

Lord Feron
Does superman get everything thor has or just hammer plus exotic powers?

Does Does strength, speed, durability and that stuff stack because that doesn't come from the hammer really...

Anyway, Supes BFRs a bunch of them FTW. I'm not sure if he can fight all of them at the same time. Especially if they start smashing their hammers around causing alot AOE dmg.

Zack Fair
Supes can't lift it. Close Thread.

facepalm

Originally posted by Lord Feron
Does superman get everything thor has or just hammer plus exotic powers?

Does Does strength, speed, durability and that stuff stack because that doesn't come from the hammer really...

Anyway, Supes BFRs a bunch of them FTW. I'm not sure if he can fight all of them at the same time. Especially if they start smashing their hammers around causing alot AOE dmg. they can fly and teleport with the hammers

Lord Feron
Originally posted by 753
they can fly and teleport with the hammers

I didn't know they could teleport...

h1a8
I didn't know they could fly either. I only read one or two issues.
I wonder what issues they were seen flying and teleporting in?

With that said, See how easy Mjolnir went through the chest of Thing when Thor fought him. Superman will be far stronger and should make the hammer go through all the Worthy (minus Juggs) for the win. Plus Superman still has his speed to avoid getting hit and the shield for insurance.

I didn't know they could fly either. I only read one or two issues.
I wonder what issues they were seen flying and teleporting in?

With that said, See how easy Mjolnir went through the chest of Thing when Thor fought him. Superman will be far stronger and should make the hammer go through all the Worthy (minus Juggs) for the win. Plus Superman still has his speed to avoid getting hit and the shield for insurance. jugs was seen flying in thunderbolts 161 and hulk likewise flies back to earth after being bfred by thor.

leonidas
avengers academy has creel and titania both fly and open dimensional portals. supes ain't winning this thing, no how.

Stoic
Superman dies again.

Diesldude
Superman's strength is >the power behind majolnir's enchantment. So he can lift it. He doesn't need it to win though. He can take their hammers and beat the CR@P outrageous them.

Stoic
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman's strength is >the power behind majolnir's enchantment. So he can lift it. He doesn't need it to win though. He can take their hammers and beat the CR@P outrageous them.

You are wrong, Superman would have a hell of a time with the Thing alone. All of them together would kill him.

zopzop
Originally posted by Diesldude
Superman's strength is >the power behind majolnir's enchantment.

HELLZ to the NO. I don't think the enchantments placed on Mjolnir have EVER been defeated (Dormammu with Evil Eye could be the exception, I'm not sure what went down there). So no, Superman isn't lifting it unless he's deemed worthy.

Back on thread topic, I think Superman can take a few of the worthy out : Attuma, Titania, Gargoyle, Thing. But not Hulk, AM, and Juggernaut.

OneDumbG0
I'd tend to think of Superman stacked with Thor's powers as Thor with his belt of strength + combat superspeed + heat vision + freeze breath.

Mean combination.

But an all-out Thor barely survived Worthy Hulk and Worthy Thing. So... it'd take Superman half his strength and power just to get rid of the two of em. Taking on the other 6 Worthy (Sin, Attuma, Grey Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, Titania, Juggernaut) simultaneously seems way beyond even a stacked Superman's capabilities.

Worthy 9/10 stomp.

h1a8
Superman could beat Thing with one blow in a microsecond. Look at what Thor did to him in one blow (nearly killed Thing).

Superman could win ONLY by using his speed and reflexes. He can simply knock the hammers from them (while they are statues) and then go to town on them with super planetary strength.

Superman wins.

Batman-Prime
I think this is then an Thor/Superman Amalgam. Which would make him ridiculously powerful and capable of defeating all of them. Thor already took on two of the best, BFR one and almost killed the other.

bbrem123
the worthy destroy supes...no way in hell he is gonna win this

Silent Master
Superman could beat Thing with one blow in a microsecond. Look at what Thor did to him in one blow (nearly killed Thing).

Superman could win ONLY by using his speed and reflexes. He can simply knock the hammers from them (while they are statues) and then go to town on them with super planetary strength.

Superman wins.

So, Superman would have to fight OOC in order to win?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by bbrem123
the worthy destroy supes...no way in hell he is gonna win this

And if it's Thor who gets all of Supermans powers (they stack), and is capable of using them like Superman did in OWAW?

OneDumbG0

Superman wins. facepalm

Assuming that the Worthy were granted superspeed reflexes as Beta Ray Bill, Dargo and Eric Masterson were similarly provided, superspeed is not going to be the trump card here. And 600x human speed doesn't impress me.

By your reasoning, Superman wouldn't even need Mjolnir or Cap's shield. And that, in my frank opinion, is retarded. If beings with Thor-like power and Thor-like powers were truly statues to Superman, and Superman's power is in no way compromised by his superspeed state, and he could affect defeats in a single microsecond, then you'd conclude that unamped Superman could beat 1,000,000 Thors solo.

If you think that, you're ridiculous. Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I think this is then an Thor/Superman Amalgam. Which would make him ridiculously powerful and capable of defeating all of them. Thor already took on two of the best, BFR one and almost killed the other. Yeah, but Thor did that at the cost of his own power. He completely exhausted himself.

the Darkone
Superman will get sent back to DC universe in a doggy bag! Superman weakness to magic will be expoilted to high extremes, and he is fighting High heralds that have magical upgrades that rival Thor's, I mean really What the f**k? Sup going to do except die a horrible death.

h1a8
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I'd tend to think of Superman stacked with Thor's powers as Thor with his belt of strength + combat superspeed + heat vision + freeze breath.

Mean combination.

But an all-out Thor barely survived Worthy Hulk and Worthy Thing. So... it'd take Superman half his strength and power just to get rid of the two of em. Taking on the other 6 Worthy (Sin, Attuma, Grey Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, Titania, Juggernaut) simultaneously seems way beyond even a stacked Superman's capabilities.

Worthy 9/10 stomp.

If Superman is many many times stronger than Thor (by feats) then it makes no since (other than bias) to say he is Thor's equal in strength.

Superman has the speed to make them statues. How can a statue beat you if it can't even move?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by the Darkone
Superman will get sent back to DC universe in a doggy bag! Superman weakness is magic, and he is fighting High heralds that have magical upgrades that rival Thor's, I mean really What the f**k? Sup going to do except die a horrible death.

This weakness which isn't such a great deal anymore it more like a lack of invulnerability then an actual weakness, will be negated through Mjolnir.

And ODG. Yes he did but he took two of the best, now imagine Thor with Supermans powers, against the weaker Worthy (except Juggs).

the Darkone
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
This weakness which isn't such a great deal anymore it more like a lack of invulnerability then an actual weakness, will be negated through Mjolnir.

And ODG. Yes he did but he took two of the best, now imagine Thor with Supermans powers, against the weaker Worthy (except Juggs).

Your assuming that Superman will know how to use Thor's hammer, and your acting like he wont lose the hammer in battle, because when he does he is f**ked no if's about it.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by the Darkone
Your assuming that Superman will know how to use Thor's hammer, and your acting like he wont lose the hammer in battle, because when he does he is f**ked no if's about it.

I assume that he gets Thors powers and with it the knowledge needed, he becomes Thor. So Mjolnir will come back to him when he calls.

Lord Feron
If Superman is many many times stronger than Thor (by feats) then it makes no since (other than bias) to say he is Thor's equal in strength.

Superman has the speed to make them statues. How can a statue beat you if it can't even move?

Superman takes a big swing at hulk, the hammer bounces right back into his face and he dies! stick out tongue

the Darkone
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Superman takes a big swing at hulk, the hammer bounces right back into his face and he dies! stick out tongue

Basically, or he dies of fear. big grin

CosmicComet
facepalm If beings with Thor-like power and Thor-like powers were truly statues to Superman, and Superman's power is in no way compromised by his superspeed state, and he could affect defeats in a single microsecond, then you'd conclude that unamped Superman could beat 1,000,000 Thors solo.

If you think that, you're ridiculous. Yeah, but Thor did that at the cost of his own power. He completely exhausted himself.

The problem is, the speed difference truly would make such a thing objectively arguable, even if its obvious that in a comic it would not be portrayed that way.

Realistically, the character arguments only get brought up because of the history between Marvel and DC, and thus we tend to give benefits of the doubt in categories that we shouldn't. We take it for granted that by speed feats Superman can be objectively quantified as at least thousands of times faster than Thor in combat speed.

If we replace Superman in the Superman vs Thor argument with a non-DC character that demonstrates comparable superspeed to Superman (albeit on a more consistent basis) like from some anime like Saint Seiya, would we still be arguing that it doesn't 'feel right' for Thor to be a statue in relative speed to that character? The way it would be argued that Thor being a statue to Superman doesn't 'feel right'?

We take for granted that matching up herald levelers cross company with DC and Marvel, due to their equal notoriety obviously, is going to have to produce at least competitive fights because that's how they likely would hand-wave the differences down to within a cross-over comic.

Superman vs Thor does not HAVE to be close within a forum. CBR's focus on feats and powersets is more objective. Not that I advocate that strictly, as panel statements are important too if they are established consistently enough. (I hold that Zeus and Odin are equal due to years of them being stated to be within comics and even now outside of it by Breevoort on mindspring and such)

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The problem is, the speed difference truly would make such a thing objectively arguable, even if its obvious that in a comic it would not be portrayed that way. No, it wouldn't be objectively arguable. Because I've seen no evidence or any indication that Superman would destroy 1,000,000 Mongul Jrs. or 1,000,000 Lobos, or 1,000,000 fodder GLs in a single second. And Marvel superspeedsters like Gladiator, Hermes or Hyperion haven't demonstrated the capacity to similarly destroy 1,000,000 Thors either. If it's so obvious that a comic would never portray that, maybe it's obvious that such feats are beyond their capabilities rather than characters being neutered by editorial.

I've seen him stretch 1 second into 10 minutes. Rebuild a city under ambiguous circumstances. And pretty much fail at destroying his first Imperiex probe with combat superspeed and ultimately resorting to a focused superstrong barrage of heat/ice breath on a single focal point. Originally posted by h1a8

Superman has the speed to make them statues. How can a statue beat you if it can't even move? Superman has the speed to make human beings look like statues and watch Flash eat a piece of pie.

Human beings =/= Thor =/= 1,000,000 Thors. Watching Flash eating pie =/= blitzing Thor with 1,000,000 punches =/= blitzing 1,000,000 Thors into unconsciousness. Originally posted by Batman-Prime
And ODG. Yes he did but he took two of the best, now imagine Thor with Supermans powers, against the weaker Worthy (except Juggs). No. After exhausting the Thor half of his powers against Worthy Hulk and Worthy Thing, I'll imagine Superman swinging Mjolnir and Cap's shield against 6 Thor level beings.

And I'd imagine that he'd get wrecked horribly.

Batman-Prime
No, it wouldn't be objectively arguable. Because I've seen no evidence or any indication that Superman would destroy 1,000,000 Mongul Jrs. or 1,000,000 Lobos, or 1,000,000 fodder GLs in a single second. And Marvel superspeedsters like Gladiator, Hermes or Hyperion haven't demonstrated the capacity to similarly destroy 1,000,000 Thors either. If it's so obvious that a comic would never portray that, maybe it's obvious that such feats are beyond their capabilities rather than characters being neutered by editorial.

I've seen him stretch 1 second into 10 minutes. Rebuild a city under ambiguous circumstances. And pretty much fail at destroying his first Imperiex probe with combat superspeed and ultimately resorting to a focused superstrong barrage of heat/ice breath on a single focal point. Superman has the speed to make human beings look like statues and watch Flash eat a piece of pie.

Human beings =/= Thor =/= 1,000,000 Thors. Watching Flash eating pie =/= blitzing Thor with 1,000,000 punches =/= blitzing 1,000,000 Thors into unconsciousness. No. After exhausting the Thor half of his powers against Worthy Hulk and Worthy Thing, I'll imagine Superman swinging Mjolnir and Cap's shield against 6 Thor level beings.

I don't think he will be exhausted when his attributes are doubled. Sry for the RL analogy but I can lift 110 kilo in the benchpress about 6 times, after that I'm,m exhausted. When my strength would be doubled it would be like half the weight. So I can benchpress 55 kilo about 30 times.

I don't think it would deplete Thors part out of Supes.

JakeTheBank
No, it wouldn't be objectively arguable. Because I've seen no evidence or any indication that Superman would destroy 1,000,000 Mongul Jrs. or 1,000,000 Lobos, or 1,000,000 fodder GLs in a single second. And Marvel superspeedsters like Gladiator, Hermes or Hyperion haven't demonstrated the capacity to similarly destroy 1,000,000 Thors either. If it's so obvious that a comic would never portray that, maybe it's obvious that such feats are beyond their capabilities rather than characters being neutered by editorial.

I've seen him stretch 1 second into 10 minutes. Rebuild a city under ambiguous circumstances. And pretty much fail at destroying his first Imperiex probe with combat superspeed and ultimately resorting to a focused superstrong barrage of heat/ice breath on a single focal point. Superman has the speed to make human beings look like statues and watch Flash eat a piece of pie.

Human beings =/= Thor =/= 1,000,000 Thors. Watching Flash eating pie =/= blitzing Thor with 1,000,000 punches =/= blitzing 1,000,000 Thors into unconsciousness. No. After exhausting the Thor half of his powers against Worthy Hulk and Worthy Thing, I'll imagine Superman swinging Mjolnir and Cap's shield against 6 Thor level beings.

You don't think speed is the be-all/end-all when it comes to Superman? Guess you have a problem, then, huh?

uhuh

leonidas
oi vey... always with the speed. i find it funny that everyone seems to disregard gargoyle (who could quite possibly turn supes to stone). attuma beat namor so badly underwater that he was still afraid to battle attuma's forces on dry land hours later. as soon as supes releases the hammer (if he tries it to kill one of them) the hammer won't return as fast as supes can fly. one of the worthy could easily block it, or hinder its return, or while its gone they can perform aoe attacks.

seriously, kal gets destroyed by all these guys. hell, in his new incarnation creel was immune to pym's powers because he absorbed them. he could possibly do the same thing to superman and literally become a kryptonian.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/avacad16oroboroscps008.jpg/

this ain't your mama's absorbing man.... and titania is the one who taught him to dimension travel.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Grey Gargoyle shrugged off everything Iron Man had -except the energy blade that took most of his power- and was utterly wrecking him. Current Iron Man is definitely a mid herald. He did the best he has ever had against Thor not too long ago and had a decent showing against Mangog.

Attuma was taking on the entire Alpha Flight team, wrecked Speedball who is a Mid Herald, and destroyed Namor underwater. He's also taking on the Defenders soon.

The Worthy are all Elite Top Tiers barring Titania -I might change my mind if she keeps up the great showings in Avengers Academy, she wrecked current Quicksilver, Justice, and her hammer just colliding with Absorbing Man annihilated an entire city- and Sin.

Superman is going to get wrecked.

JakeTheBank
Current Iron Man is definitely a mid herald.

thumb up

carver9
Grey Gargoyle shrugged off everything Iron Man had -except the energy blade that took most of his power- and was utterly wrecking him. Current Iron Man is definitely a mid herald. He did the best he has ever had against Thor not too long ago and had a decent showing against Mangog.

Attuma was taking on the entire Alpha Flight team, wrecked Speedball who is a Mid Herald, and destroyed Namor underwater. He's also taking on the Defenders soon.

The Worthy are all Elite Top Tiers barring Titania -I might change my mind if she keeps up the great showings in Avengers Academy, she wrecked current Quicksilver, Justice, and her hammer just colliding with Absorbing Man annihilated an entire city- and Sin.

Superman is going to get wrecked.

laughing out loud

Right on point.

h1a8

The Worthy showed no great super human speed. I'll be nice and say they are ten times faster than a human. Superman is more than millions of times faster than a human. Who cares, Superman is far faster than any of the Worthy. Thor being faster than a human is irrelevant.

Superman can vibrate through any of their attacks, temp bfr all but two then simply beat those two like children. When the others get back he bfrs them again, except for two more. He beats those two like children and repeats the pattern until all the Worthy are finished.
Also, he reserves the option of knocking their hammers from them and then bfring them.

Superman doesn't need these amps as he is already far stronger than any of them and far faster.

JakeTheBank
Point = missed

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I don't think he will be exhausted when his attributes are doubled. Sry for the RL analogy but I can lift 110 kilo in the benchpress about 6 times, after that I'm,m exhausted. When my strength would be doubled it would be like half the weight. So I can benchpress 55 kilo about 30 times.

I don't think it would deplete Thors part out of Supes. I understand your reasoning and why you've invoked it. I know I've seen it a bunch of times in fiction. But, unless it's a Goku/Vegeta superfusion where the whole is far, far, far more than the sum of the parts, I still don't think merged SuperThor is taking on 8 Worthy at once. Worthy Thing was killed by an all-out Thor and Worthy Hulk was BFR'ed by an all-out Thor. That effort completely exhausted an all-out Thor. That effort would fairly tax merged SuperThor.

None of the other Worthy have even come close to losing yet. They're no pushovers. It's just too much. Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You don't think speed is the be-all/end-all when it comes to Superman? Guess you have a problem, then, huh?

uhuh Contrary to popular myth belief, Clark acting like Superman is far more effective going all-out with his power rather than pretending to be Flash and going all-out with his speed. The day he switches in and out of those states in the space of microseconds and beats down 1,000,000 mid/high heralds effortlessly in a single second on-panel is when I'll believe otherwise. And frankly, I'm tired of defending whether that's fair or reasonable of me to think.

There are way too many of them, if this were thor and superman against all 8, they'd still lose.

leonidas
they'd get slaughtered.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.