Galactus w Ultimate Nullifier vs. Mr.Mxyzptlk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sundipped
What would happen if Galactus (the 1 who is capable of doing the most damage with it) fired one of Marvels most powerful weapons upon the 5d imp?

Comments please.

Colossus-Big C
Fight Starts, Mxy has the Nullifier.

zopzop
Nothing. If the IG can stop/reverse a UN blast, Mxy can too.

vansonbee
If Mxy doesn't do anything, allowing it starts its effects, Galactus should win.

Harbinger
If we're assuming Mxy is allowed to defend himself once the shot is fired, Mxy redirects the blast and proceeds to retcon Galactus.

If we're assuming Mxy isn't allowed to defend himself once the shot is fired, Big G wins. Can't see Mxy tanking a blast that's capable of resetting the multiverse (like Reed did when he used it after Big G sonned Abraxas).

Sundipped
Originally posted by zopzop
Nothing. If the IG can stop/reverse a UN blast, Mxy can too.

Yeah but that was Quasar firing (if that's the instance youre referring to) on Magus.
It has been stated that if the weilder's mind is extremely focused it can erase timelines and universes with it. That's why I used Big G for this thread. Couldn't think of any1 better.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
Yeah but that was Quasar firing (if that's the instance youre referring to) on Magus.
It has been stated that if the weilder's mind is extremely focused it can erase timelines and universes with it. That's why I used Big G for this thread. Couldn't think of any1 better.

Well, technically, Reed has better on panel usage of the UN than Galactus does.

SquallX
Mxy got hit from the Ultimator and survived. So i don't see UN doing shit to Mxy.

Mxy even created a DD, specifically to kill him, yet it fails. Mxy wins this easily.

vansonbee
Originally posted by SquallX
Mxy got hit from the Ultimator and survived. So i don't see UN doing shit to Mxy.

Mxy even created a DD, specifically to kill him, yet it fails. Mxy wins this easily.
Why are you comparing Ultimator to Ultimate Nullifier?

Mxy creation failed to kill him, because Mxy powers suck, see where this is going? lol

TheTyrant

When has Galactus used the Ultimate Nullifier?

Harbinger
He's used it on himself before, IIRC.

Sundipped

On panel yes but do you think he'd be more focused than Big G himself who's been aroud for eons?
Personally I think Galactus w UN>Reed w UN in terms of doing the most damage.

If you go by that logic then Big G would be able to acomplish more. Reed accomplished alot.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Fight Starts, Mxy has the Nullifier.

Lets assume Mxy tries to tank the blast. This is MU weapon. He dosen't know what it is.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by Harbinger
He's used it on himself before, IIRC.

When?

Harbinger
Black Celestial Arc. Big G used it on himself and the universe he was in because he was consuming everything in his path. It was intimated that he'd have consumed the omniverse had he not stopped himself.

I think that's all right. If not, I'm sure someone else will correct.

SquallX
Originally posted by vansonbee
Why are you comparing Ultimator to Ultimate Nullifier?

Mxy creation failed to kill him, because Mxy powers suck, see where this is going? lol

This is the best explanation on the Ultimator.

The Ultimator is the personification of the 10th dimension... The "ultimate" dimension of all. It is the material manifestation of implicate/explicate reality. It is what can be, what should be, what would be, what might be - and what is, of course. It is its destiny to ingest all other dimensions and lifeforms - to make them part of itself.

That means Mxy survived against a 10th dimension being, and that being control of reality is absolute.

So you don't think creating a being that's specifically created to kill you, and not being able too mean mxy's powers suck.

JakeTheBank
Mxy.

TheTyrant
I thought so too. Not sure what that has to do with anything in regards to Galactus' capability with his weapon as he only used it in order to stop himself and cease further harm to the entirety of the Marvel Universe. He only did what needed to be done and that was to destroy the reality he was in.

CPT Space Bomb
Mxy would be able to manipulate methinks. He couldn't tank it though. If it hits him he's toast. If not he wins.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mxy.

SquallX
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Mxy would be able to manipulate methinks. He couldn't tank it though. If it hits him he's toast. If not he wins.

He survived the Ultimator, nothing the UN can do against him unless he let's it.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
This is MU weapon. He dosen't know what it is.

What?

Mxy most certainly knows about the existence of the Marvel Multiverse.

Between him tongue-in-cheek messing with the Fantastic Four during the Red Kryptonite trade, him and the Joker creating an entire universe that was a tongue-in-cheek of Ultimate Marvel and the fact he knows "our" universe exists and has traveled to it to give the folks at DC flak, there is no reason to think he wouldn't know who Galactus is and what the Ultimate Nullifier is.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
What?

Between him tongue-in-cheek messing with the Fantastic Four during the Red Kryptonite trade, him and the Joker creating an entire universe that was a tongue-in-cheek of Ultimate Marvel and the fact he knows "our" universe exists and has traveled to it to give the folks at DC flak, there is no reason to think he wouldn't know who Galactus is and what the Ultimate Nullifier is.

You know I forgot about aka "Mr.Pickles".
Most certainly since he's interacted with the F4 he would know about it since Reed was accustomed to holding it for safekeeping.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
What?

Between him tongue-in-cheek messing with the Fantastic Four during the Red Kryptonite trade, him and the Joker creating an entire universe that was a tongue-in-cheek of Ultimate Marvel and the fact he knows "our" universe exists and has traveled to it to give the folks at DC flak, there is no reason to think he wouldn't know who Galactus is and what the Ultimate Nullifier is. There's no reason to think he knows what the UN is.

Galan007
^ He'd at least start with basic knowledge of the UN.

Anyhow, Mxy could most certainly do to the UN what an incomplete IG did to it. Ergo, Mxy stomps. Hard.

guy222
mxy

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
^ He'd at least start with basic knowledge of the UN.

Anyhow, Mxy could most certainly do to the UN what an incomplete IG did to it. Ergo, Mxy stomps. Hard. The UN isn't basic knowledge.

It's not being firing by Quasar.

cdtm
Ultimator wasn't real. It was a comic story idea he was trying to pitch to energy Superman and Lois, and they got rid of him by pretending to fall asleep during his story.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
The UN isn't basic knowledge.

It's not being firing by Quasar. I thought it was assumed that if 'character A' brought a piece of weaponry to the battle, 'character B' would gain basic knowledge of said equipment- just like they gain basic knowledge of one anothers' respective powersets..?

You think if the UN would have been in Galactus' hands, Magus would have been incapable of accomplishing the same feat? Doubtful. Especially given the fact that Magus easily pwned Galactus with the same incomplete IG, in the very same arc.

Originally posted by cdtm
Ultimator wasn't real. Proof? Mxy was simply retelling Lois/Clark the story of Ultimator. Absolutely nothing alluded to said event not actually happening.

Mindset
That has never been the case as far as I know, and I've never seen a rule that said that.

Yes, I do. Galactus has been beaten by beings that could not stand up to the UN, so I don't see how that matters. UN is a deus ex machina device, which is why they had to use Quasar, who by looking at the comic, seems inept in using it.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

cdtm

Proof? Mxy was simply retelling Lois/Clark the story of Ultimator. Absolutely nothing alluded to said event not actually happening.

When Mxy was leaving, he said "I'm heading back to the "real" fifth dimension!"

Meaning everything we saw was simply one of reality alterations. He wasn't just telling them the story, he was showing it to them.

And while there's no definitive proof it didn't happen, between all the stupid characters that were thinly veiled clones of existing characters, and the fact Mxy claimed he was pitching a comic book idea to them calls its legitimacy into question...

Not to mention, Mxy beat this supposedly all powerful Ultimator by encasing a comic he lead him into in plastic. Granted, he was asleep, but he'd eventually wake up.. Yeah, that's so bad it can't be anything but Mxy's bad writing, and not the writer of the actual Mxy story..

Galan007
That has never been the case as far as I know, and I've never seen a rule that said that. I've always been under the impression that each character has a general idea of the equipment they are up against. Seems logical, imo.

Yes, I do. Galactus has been beaten by beings that could not stand up to the UN, so I don't see how that matters. UN is a deus ex machina device, which is why they had to use Quasar, who by looking at the comic, seems inept in using it. It matters because the IG pwned the device, not the character (directly.) Quasar wasn't inept with the UN, per se. I mean, he could have clicked the button and destroyed the universe if he wanted -- but instead he was trying to focus the UN's 'destuctiveness' solely at Magus without destroying the universe/dying in the process (hence his nervousness and concentration.)

Galactus, on the other hand, has been destroyed by the UN every time he's used it on panel. Thus, some might call HIM inept with it. stick out tongue

Mindset
Your impression was wrong.

The device works as well as the character can use it. He was inept because he couldn't properly use it the way he intended to.

He wanted to destroy himself when he used it.

Galan007

The device works as well as the character can use it. He was inept because he couldn't properly use it the way he intended to.

He wanted to destroy himself when he used it. You're wrong. uhuh

The device can be used any number of ways (as Reed demonstrated)- but it's destructive capabilities (what matter in this battle) only work as fast as the user can push the button (which, as Magus demonstrated, is easy enough to get around assuming you're powerful enough.)

Sundipped
I believe mindset and focus plays a huge part (as well as motive) in determining how much damage can be done with the UN.

For example Morg had to cut his whole arm off to keep from being nullified when he shot it at Tyrant. His whole body would have been nullified in the process but his motive was to only erase Tyrant.

Reed was capable of erasing and resetting all of 616 reality in order to nullify Abraxas but nullified himself in the process.

If Reed had the same intentions vs. Magus with an incomplete IG does anyone think he would've done better than Quasar? I do. Not saying it would've went smoothly and completely nullified Magus but it would've been some kind of power struggle. V.S a complete IG tho UN stands no chance I will admit.

Tazer
Yo.

I've always been under the impression that each character has a general idea of the equipment they are up against. Seems logical, imo.

You're wrong. uhuh

Mindsets correct, *however* to be fair towards Mxy he DOES usually show up knowing quite abit (or atleast more than U think a person normally would) about various ppl & subjects he gets involved with.

personally, Id settle for Mxy MAYBE having heard of it, but little else.......

Tazer

leonidas
mm.

Cogito
Galan, I think, is right that weapons and such should generally be considered common knowledge and any competitor would start with at least basic knowledge.

In this case, I'm not sure the UN would count as it's almost never used and within the Marvel Universe there are probably a minimum number of people who know if its existence.

Batman-Prime
Mr. Mxyzptlk one Fingersnap, Galactus Helms begins to sweat and he nullifies himself.

Sundipped
Didn't mean to post.
Daughter playing with the keyboard.

Sundipped

Mr Master

IG pwned the device, not the character (directly.) Quasar wasn't inept with the UN, per se. I mean, he could have clicked the button and destroyed the universe if he wanted -- but instead he was trying to focus the UN's 'destuctiveness' solely at Magus without destroying the universe/dying in the process (hence his nervousness and concentration.)
True.

Galactus, on the other hand,

has been destroyed by the UN every time he's used it on panel.

Thus, some might call HIM inept with it.
Not true.

Galactus in-fact has displayed the most control with the UN while simultaneously avoiding self infliction.

Here he is able to emit a uni-beam that travels across space
dodging anything other than its target.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/8690091_UN1.jpg

The Time Variance Authority (omniversal jurisdiction) evidently have dealt with many situations
involving Galactus firing the Ultimate Nullifier and the subject context tells us he survives.

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/8690094_UN2.jpg

Galan007
^ yeah I was being horribly sarcastic with Mindset. I always am. big grin

Mr Master
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-happy005.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.