current hulk vs classic drax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Simbon
They fight in an indestructible arena. No BFR.

quanchi112
Hulk destroys him.

Simbon
Based on?

carver9
Being far more powerful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Simbon
Based on? Stronger, healing factor, his feats of strength, common sense.

SuperiorTech
Hulk would punch him and he would explode.

Simbon
Classic Drax ripped apart a star; and when he blew up a planet and its moon through collatoral damage, he was only KO'd, not destroyed as Hulk was. Even the less powerful Dumb Drax was implied to have the power to destroy an entire dimension.

quanchi112
Classic Drax ripped apart a star; and when he blew up a planet and its moon through collatoral damage, he was only KO'd, not destroyed as Hulk was. Even the less powerful Dumb Drax was implied to have the power to destroy an entire dimension. Drax didn't look as impressive when he went up against other characters though whereas Hulk has looked very impressive against similar foes without the new badass Hulk type thing he currently has going for him.

Harbinger
If Pak wrote this shit, it'd be one panel: Hulk taking a step, and Drax getting incinerated.

Simbon
How did Hulk appear more impressive? Because he was burlier? Because he had green energy coming out of his eyes?

Nothing he has done even approaches ripping apart a star; Surfer and Morg have blown up a solar system by tussling -- and without dying, I might add. Vaporizing the people he did would be more impressive if they had any feats to mention, other than being dubiously amped. I say dubiously, because any amp that isn't backed up by feats isn't actually an amp, just as any "weakened state" that doesn't have correspondingly low feats isn't really a weakened state. For instance, Mangog's most recent appearance was supposed to have him at higher levels than ever, even though he was demonstrably not at higher levels, while Magneto's best feats are almost all when he was in a "weakened" state. Power multipliers are meaningless: warrior madness Thor is not ten times as powerful as normal Thor; the unipower doesn't always make its bearer 50 times as powerful; there is no reason to believe that the giant versions of Bi-Beast and Wendigo were even equal to their normal-size counterparts.

carver9
Professor Hulk has stalemated pg Drax. This version of Hulk kills him.

Close for spite.

carver9
How did Hulk appear more impressive? Because he was burlier? Because he had green energy coming out of his eyes?

Nothing he has done even approaches ripping apart a star; Surfer and Morg have blown up a solar system by tussling -- and without dying, I might add. Vaporizing the people he did would be more impressive if they had any feats to mention, other than being dubiously amped. I say dubiously, because any amp that isn't backed up by feats isn't actually an amp, just as any "weakened state" that doesn't have correspondingly low feats isn't really a weakened state. For instance, Mangog's most recent appearance was supposed to have him at higher levels than ever, even though he was demonstrably not at higher levels, while Magneto's best feats are almost all when he was in a "weakened" state. Power multipliers are meaningless: warrior madness Thor is not ten times as powerful as normal Thor; the unipower doesn't always make its bearer 50 times as powerful; there is no reason to believe that the giant versions of Bi-Beast and Wendigo were even equal to their normal-size counterparts.

When did Surfer destroy a Solar System?

Simbon
Originally posted by carver9
When did Surfer destroy a Solar System?

http://thumbnails50.imagebam.com/14508/e55588145078098.jpg

Simbon
Professor Hulk has stalemated pg Drax. This version of Hulk kills him.

Close for spite.

pg Drax < Classic Drax

Whenever you say "close for spite" it makes me laugh; you aren't capable of making such distinctions.

carver9
http://thumbnails50.imagebam.com/14508/e55588145078098.jpg

That was a planet. Seen the fight.

carver9
pg Drax < Classic Drax

Whenever you say "close for spite" it makes me laugh; you aren't capable of making such distinctions.

You got it wrong buddy...PG Drax>Classic Drax.

Drax need a partner. Edit the stips.

Simbon
That was a planet. Seen the fight.

A planet and all of the planets around it. You know, like Hulk.

Simbon
You got it wrong buddy...PG Drax>Classic Drax.

Drax need a partner. Edit the stips.

PG Drax never had feats as good as Classic Drax. As usual, you simply ignore feats and go by carver-verse hierarchy.

Hulk needed a partner of equal power for his best feat, and that feat is still inferior to Drax's star feat. If anyone needs a partner here, it's Hulk.

carver9
PG Drax never had feats as good as Classic Drax. As usual, you simply ignore feats and go by carver-verse hierarchy.

Hulk needed a partner of equal power for his best feat, and that feat is still inferior to Drax's star feat. If anyone needs a partner here, it's Hulk.

Where in that comic did it say Hulk NEEDED help to pull what he pulled?

Classic Drax is pg Drax "with an amp". They are the same peeps.

psycho gundam
obvious bait thread was obvious

thanos and drax were both amped after their first deaths, say what you will about thanos, but juiced up drax "fought" professor hulk on even ground

Simbon
Where in that comic did it say Hulk NEEDED help to pull what he pulled?

Classic Drax is pg Drax "with an amp". They are the same peeps.

In this case, you would need evidence to the effect that Hulk could do the feat on his own, as it exceeds all of his other feats and was done in conjunction with a being of equal power. If Surfer and some equally powerful herald named Durfer worked together to achieve some feat that was greater than anything Surfer had done on his own before, you would literally have to be retarded to claim that Surfer could then do said feat on his own; yet this is precisely the position you are in.

No; Classic Drax is Drax before he was brought back as Dumb Drax, a state in which he was supposedly more powerful than before, but never was demonstrated as such; it was Dumb Drax who had the gem. Classic Drax was considerably more powerful than Dumb Drax, even with the power gem.

Simbon
Originally posted by psycho gundam
obvious bait thread was obvious

thanos and drax were both amped after their first deaths, say what you will about thanos, but juiced up drax "fought" professor hulk on even ground

Don't interfere in my baiting... er, ignore how that sounds.

Juiced up Drax wasn't juiced up. No feats = no amp.

dmills
I wonder how many heralds have destroyed planets either directly or as collateral damage of a battle?

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
I wonder how many heralds have destroyed planets either directly or as collateral damage of a battle?

Well Surfer/Morg did it (and possibly the entire solar system). Gladiator did it. Savage Hulk destroyed something twice the size of Earth. There's more but it's late and I can't think of them.

guy222
hulk

geez

ankur29
Originally posted by guy222
hulk

geez

thumb up

leonidas
hulk

geez

lol yep.

quanchi112

Nothing he has done even approaches ripping apart a star; Surfer and Morg have blown up a solar system by tussling -- and without dying, I might add. Vaporizing the people he did would be more impressive if they had any feats to mention, other than being dubiously amped. I say dubiously, because any amp that isn't backed up by feats isn't actually an amp, just as any "weakened state" that doesn't have correspondingly low feats isn't really a weakened state. For instance, Mangog's most recent appearance was supposed to have him at higher levels than ever, even though he was demonstrably not at higher levels, while Magneto's best feats are almost all when he was in a "weakened" state. Power multipliers are meaningless: warrior madness Thor is not ten times as powerful as normal Thor; the unipower doesn't always make its bearer 50 times as powerful; there is no reason to believe that the giant versions of Bi-Beast and Wendigo were even equal to their normal-size counterparts. The manner in which he shrugged off an elite top tier speaks volumes about him just like I don't put much stock in feats such as ripping apart a star. Drax hasn't seemed overly impressive at all compared to other top tiers as Hulk has prior to his coming out party.

Batman-Prime
Classic Drax ripped apart a star; and when he blew up a planet and its moon through collatoral damage, he was only KO'd, not destroyed as Hulk was. Even the less powerful Dumb Drax was implied to have the power to destroy an entire dimension.

thumb up

Actually a great point for this debate. We can assume that both are equally strong or can't really tell which one is stronger but though Hulk took blows from amped beings with ease he was killed (and reformed through the wish's power) after his greatest feat (destroying a Planet) while Drax only was koed. So Drax invulnerability is most likely greater.

All in all they would clash, a Planet would get destroyed. Drax would be koed while Hulk would be dead (no wish for you this time buddy)...

vin

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by zopzop
Well Surfer/Morg did it (and possibly the entire solar system). Gladiator did it. Savage Hulk destroyed something twice the size of Earth. There's more but it's late and I can't think of them.

I believe Surfer did it again during his battle with Ravenous during Annihilation.

dmills
Originally posted by quanchi112
The manner in which he shrugged off an elite top tier speaks volumes.

Who are the elite top tiers?

quanchi112
Who are the elite top tiers? Armch-whatever and prior to Thor, Juggs, Rulk, etc.

dmills
Originally posted by quanchi112
Armch-whatever and prior to Thor, Juggs, Rulk, etc.

I don't remember any Thor confrontation, the Juggs confrontation was a flash fight in which Marko seemed to have an edge. He did wtf pawn Loeb force Rulk though. And I loved every second of it laughing out loud

Funny thing about Marvel is that while current Hulk is a beast, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Surfer come down and tool him easily, only to turn around and be slapped around by Thor, who in turn gets swatted by the Hulk laughing

quanchi112
I don't remember any Thor confrontation, the Juggs confrontation was a flash fight in which Marko seemed to have an edge. He did wtf pawn Loeb force Rulk though. And I loved every second of it laughing out loud He's fought thor for over an hour in ih 440 and was shrugging off attacks left and right. Thor was trying to kill him as well.

Naija boy
hulk

geez

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Hulk would punch him and he would explode.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up

Actually a great point for this debate. We can assume that both are equally strong or can't really tell which one is stronger but though Hulk took blows from amped beings with ease he was killed (and reformed through the wish's power) after his greatest feat (destroying a Planet) while Drax only was koed. So Drax invulnerability is most likely greater.

All in all they would clash, a Planet would get destroyed. Drax would be koed while Hulk would be dead (no wish for you this time buddy)...

vin only thing is hulk and betty never died (and for that matter didn't have a scratch on them)

i see where that theory of the hulk dying can come about, but if you read what tyrannus said properly you will see how wrong it is:

Arm'cheddon: "No! This was never what I wanted. I wished for him to suffer as I suffer"

Tyrannus: "Which sounds to me like you'll suffer all that he does fighting, burning and reforming trapped in this never-ending battle. Alas, I fear you'll grow weary of it long before the Hulk but
that's what you get for playing with a wishing well."

now the confusion stems from that part underlined cause of these (....). the comma is what saves the day here as it denotes a separation; "...suffer all that he does fighting, burning and reforming in th....."

in other words they suffer the affects of hulk's fighting (comma), which are burning and reforming

arm'cheddon's wish for the hulk to suffer backfired on him causing him to suffer the effects of hulk being trapped in the dark dimension with him as he fights (comma), burning and reforming from the destructive force.

so yeah, they didn't reform cause the hulk did and his reforming makes them reform, they died cause of the collateral damage from hulk and betty's fighting and are reformed endlessly only for the cycle to happen again.

Batman-Prime
^So Hulks suffers like Arm does. He burns, reforms, battles and so on- And Arm suffers because he burns, reforms, watches.

Both suffer the burning, reforming and being inside this loop, right?

smile

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop

Different type of planets destroying. Surfer and Morg required energy output... Hulk and SH didn't even touch the planet and took out the planet including nearby planets as well. I wonder what type of force would generate from an actual punch since again, Hulk and SH didn't even lay a finger on the planet and took it out along with nearby moons and planet.

To my knowledge, no one has physically done that before. Earth would have been shredded if Hulk got serious with someone at the PL he is currently at.

carver9
^So Hulks suffers like Arm does. He burns, reforms, battles and so on- And Arm suffers because he burns, reforms, watches.

smile

How could he have reformed and died if it was Hulk that wished them all back? They died, Hulk sits back with a smile on his face and wish them back. Everyone ask how they came back to life, everyone looks at Hulk who is smiling and Hulk say his little line. Umar (who was clearly still alive after the attack) states that she had nothing to do with bringing them back and since Hulk was still alive, it was pretty much him that did it.

A dead man came wish people back to life.

psycho gundam

smile you didn't read it properly

arm'cheddon and everyone else suffer the effects of being locked in the dark dimension with hulk, which are burning and reforming.

the comma is the key to understanding it as it's the only break in tha sentance seperated through several text bubbles

Batman-Prime
you didn't read it properly
Actually I did.
Arm'cheddon: "No! This was never what I wanted. I wished for him to suffer as I suffer"

So he suffers and Hulks suffers the same way. smile

How could he have reformed and died if it was Hulk that wished them all back? They died, Hulk sits back with a smile on his face and wish them back. Everyone ask how they came back to life, everyone looks at Hulk who is smiling and Hulk say whY he had to say.

First he had scratches in his fight after he reformed he had none. Could be also HF.

But to your question. He reformes because of the backfired wishes of his enemies. Then once reforms it's his turn.

SuperiorTech
How could he have reformed and died if it was Hulk that wished them all back? They died, Hulk sits back with a smile on his face and wish them back. Everyone ask how they came back to life, everyone looks at Hulk who is smiling and Hulk say his little line. Umar (who was clearly still alive after the attack) states that she had nothing to do with bringing them back and since Hulk was still alive, it was pretty much him that did it.

Still undecided on weather he died or not but both sides are making good points.

dmills
Different type of planets destroying. Surfer and Morg required energy output... Hulk and SH didn't even touch the planet and took out the planet including nearby planets as well. I wonder what type of force would generate from an actual punch

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/images-44.jpg

carver9
First he had scratches in his fight after he reformed he had none. Could be also HF.

But to your question. He reformes because of the backfired wishes of his enemies. Then once reforms it's his turn.

You are not making any sense. Why would Hulk reform faster than anyone else on the planet? Show me the wish that made that possible.

carver9
Still undecided on weather he died or not but both sides are making good points.

But where would you even get the idea that he died when Umar made it plain as day that he didn't?

psycho gundam
Actually I did.
So he suffers and Hulks suffers the same way. smile

selectively

look at what tyrannus, the guy used to explain the situation said, and read that part properly smile

try and subdue your passive aggressive hulk hate

SuperiorTech
But where would you even get the idea that he died when Umar made it plain as day that he didn't?

We had this discussion no need to go back over it again it even had scans.I will say that I am coming around to the fact that he may not have died but I also think Betty survived as well her being as powerful as he is and we see her pretty much the same time we first see him.

carver9
We had this discussion no need to go back over it again it even had scans.I will say that I am coming around to the fact that he may not have died but I also think Betty survived as well her being as powerful as he is and we see her pretty much the same time we first see him.

But I want to debate against the indestructible "superiortech". I don't want you agreeing with me.

mad

I agree, Betty could have survived as well but it would have been much better if we seen her standing beside Hulk. We see her a couple of panels later. She is his equal though so I can't argue against that.

Dmills...I never said that Hulk destroyed a universe but he did aid in destroying her realm "which is her dimension".

psycho gundam
betty couldn't have died cause hulk orchestrated the entire event so that he could have her without ever killing her, but he fought her cause it has the duel effect of killing the mindless ones that were going to take over the planet (remember the part where they were addressed as a threat, and hulk said that umar just needed him? his fighting fixed that problem), the villains only reformed cause of the backfired wish.

hulk/banner's legendary cunning pulled all the strings to get to that situation, and all the backfired wishes were predictable for him

SuperiorTech
betty couldn't have died cause hulk orchestrated the entire event so that he could have her without ever killing her, but he fought her cause it has the duel effect of killing the mindless ones that were going to take over the planet (remember the part where they were addressed as a threat, and hulk said that umar just needed him? his fighting fixed that problem), the villains only reformed cause of the backfired wish.

hulk/banner's legendary cunning pulled all the strings to get to that situation, and all the backfired wishes were predictable for him

This is more thinking than I like to do when reading my Hulk comics stick out tongue

cdtm

(Emphasis the comics)

The only character that predicted everything, appeared to be Tyrannus.

golem370
The fight with Professor Hulk in Drax's mind was playing. He also one-shotted Champion when Champion had just destoyed a planet. Silver Surfer once said he didn't think Drax could ever loose a hand to hand fight. He only lost to Warlock because he is dumb. If Drax is in a no Bull shit mood he could do well against any Hulk imo

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by golem370
The fight with Professor Hulk in Drax's mind was playing. He also one-shotted Champion when Champion had just destoyed a planet. Silver Surfer once said he didn't think Drax could ever loose a hand to hand fight. He only lost to Warlock because he is dumb. If Drax is in a no Bull shit mood he could do well against any Hulk imo

Do well maybe win not a chance against current Hulk.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by cdtm
(Emphasis the comics)

The only character that predicted everything, appeared to be Tyrannus. no, tyrannus predicted not playing with a magical wishing well cause of his experiences, and he was confirmed of his suspicions after the fact. he surmised the situation after it happened, but hulk is the one who nudged into being through machination

Originally posted by golem370
The fight with Professor Hulk in Drax's mind was playing. He also one-shotted Champion when Champion had just destoyed a planet. Silver Surfer once said he didn't think Drax could ever loose a hand to hand fight. He only lost to Warlock because he is dumb. If Drax is in a no Bull shit mood he could do well against any Hulk imo both of them were not going full on

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/th_1-1.jpg

golem370
Remember Drax could fly fast enough to keep up with SS and has concussive blasts too

golem370
Pick the last pick of the book. Drax said are we done playing in a pic before that.

psycho gundam
remember that chronos remade drax (dumb drax) as a stronger being to match the remade thanos, most likely with the defeat of drax at pre-death thanos in mind

carver9
Both were playing and yes, Drax can blast as well but he prefer punching.

golem370
If Drax is ready and willing for a fight he can toe to toe with Hulk specially if its Drax/w the pg

psycho gundam
Originally posted by cdtm
(Emphasis the comics)

The only character that predicted everything, appeared to be Tyrannus. Originally posted by psycho gundam
no, tyrannus predicted not playing with a magical wishing well cause of his experiences, and he was confirmed of his suspicions after the fact. he surmised the situation after it happened, but hulk is the one who nudged into being through machination
another addition to this^, umar said she didn't bring cho and that museum woman back, it was the hulk, she meant the hulk's plot made it so. hulk made arm'cheddon make that wish cause he knew one of them would have done so, so indirectly hulk "did" it.

Simbon
So when Hulk said "we're going to die" he really meant "you're going to die, and I'm not going to have a scratch?"

So far, what I've seen is people citing Pak's intent, rather than Hulk's feats; an incredibly ridiculous argument in which PG Drax (whose feats are inferior to Classic Drax) is said to be equal to Professor Hulk, and that therefore Hulk is superior to Drax (there are so many fallacies here it is incredible); and the argument that Bi-Beast etc were all amped, when they had no feats to support this notion.

golem370
In a Avengers book where they fight the dead Drax in orignal for wasn't even strong enough to over power She Hulk

carver9
So when Hulk said "we're going to die" he really meant "you're going to die, and I'm not going to have a scratch?"

So far, what I've seen is people citing Pak's intent, rather than Hulk's feats; an incredibly ridiculous argument in which PG Drax (whose feats are inferior to Classic Drax) is said to be equal to Professor Hulk, and that therefore Hulk is superior to Drax (there are so many fallacies here it is incredible); and the argument that Bi-Beast etc were all amped, when they had no feats to support this notion.

Need a napkin or some tissue. sad

psycho gundam
i believe it was a modified quote from a famous movie or something iirc

tyrannus made it clear the only reforming going on was due to the hulk suffering wish backfiring upon the surrounding characters

dmills

Dmills...I never said that Hulk destroyed a universe but he did aid in destroying her realm "which is her dimension".

No not you. My boy Stoic said that.

SuperiorTech
No not you. My boy Stoic said that.

He was using scan provided by Carver as the basis evil face I have translated that into it being Carvers fault.

carver9
He was using scan provided by Carver as the basis evil face I have translated that into it being Carvers fault.

Wow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.