Link(OoT) vs. Ulkair

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ArtificialGlory
The fight takes place in a 40m X 40m arena. Link gets all his OoT equipment and 3 Light Arrows. Can Link bring down this pustulent monstrosity?

For anyone wondering, Ulkair originates in a video game(Chaos Rising).

BloodRain
Eventually Link.

Ulkair's hits will hurt, he.. it.. is a physical threat to the DoW armour and machines. I think his defenses are the main thing. Able to take all their advanced weapons with its large health will mean Link will need to wear this guything down.

Will just have to avoid its swings. Not hard if only avoiding, another thing if he's trying to attack and avoid at the same time.

The Scenario
Are Great Unclean Ones melee fighters only?

I wouldn't want to get close to the thing. When you say 3 Light Arrows, do you mean that's the only type of arrow he has? For instance, there are also fire and ice arrows.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by The Scenario
Are Great Unclean Ones melee fighters only?

I wouldn't want to get close to the thing. When you say 3 Light Arrows, do you mean that's the only type of arrow he has? For instance, there are also fire and ice arrows.

I think so. Ulkair has a couple of half-assed AoE abilities and a hook-thing that he occasionally uses to pull in his foes.

Didn't think of that one. Let's say Link gets 3 arrows of each type.

Burning thought
As stated by BR, they can cause incredible damage to WH40k equipment so if Link gets hit, hes dead. Considering the hook move as well, I think Links moderate foot speed would not allow him to avoid or escape it, so....unless Link does something fantastic, quickly with an arrow I doubt hes winning.

Further, doesnt a GUO create clouds of disease that can bring people to their knees or outright kill them if their in his presence?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
As stated by BR, they can cause incredible damage to WH40k equipment so if Link gets hit, hes dead. Considering the hook move as well, I think Links moderate foot speed would not allow him to avoid or escape it, so....unless Link does something fantastic, quickly with an arrow I doubt hes winning.

Further, doesnt a GUO create clouds of disease that can bring people to their knees or outright kill them if their in his presence?

Yea, Ulkair hits like a truck. I think even if Link gets reeled in by the hook move, he'd still have the opportunity to dodge a sword attack by Ulkair because of just how slow that fat thing is.

True, but the disease doesn't kill that quick. Perhaps the MS would also help protect against it.

NemeBro
Ulkair is a Great Unclean One?

Are we under the assumption that general 40k setting feats can be used as well?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by NemeBro
Ulkair is a Great Unclean One?

Are we under the assumption that general 40k setting feats can be used as well?

Yes, he is.

Well, Ulkair is Ulkair, but it's in the context of 40K, yes.

The Scenario
I'm assuming we're just using more game feats, because as I understand it Greater Daemons are typically planet busters or something.

ArtificialGlory
I'm assuming we're just using more game feats, because as I understand it Greater Daemons are typically planet busters or something.

Ulkair certainly isn't busting any planets. He's not even remotely on that level.

NemeBro
I'm assuming we're just using more game feats, because as I understand it Greater Daemons are typically planet busters or something. Um, no they're not? Lol.

The God Emperor of Mankind has never even been proven to be a planet buster.

The only beings ever to enter the Materium who can bust planets or more are the C'tan, who can make solar systems disappear with a measure of their power on a whim.

But Greater Daemons are typically capable of planet-wide corruption or reality warping, to an extent.

A Greater Daemon can also casually cut Leman Russes in half, and stuff.

NemeBro
Oh, I just recalled another feat, kinda.

Daemon Princes are about as strong, maybe even a little weaker, than a Greater Daemon.

A Daemon Prince has physically thrown an Ogryn, massive abhumans who weigh at least half a ton, out of orbit.

ArtificialGlory
Come on people, give me your thoughts. Who would win in the end?

BloodRain
If Neme's feat is true for this guy then it can win if its able to hit Link. However if Link is able to dodge its attacks then he would most likely win.

NemeBro
Well thing is.

I have serious doubts Link can do any lasting damage to it. no expression

Great Unclean Ones are absurdly durable, even by Greater Daemon standards.

But beyond that, is Ulkair, well, evil?

Since, this is a Greater Daemon of Nurgle.

Many of them only arguably fit under the "evil" billing.

BloodRain
Only durability I was going by was what was shown in a gameplay clip of the characters/mech weapons. Unless his hide is far tougher than this there Link's strength and MS, with the extra 'evil smiting' damage if it works here, may be able to slowly hack away at the thing.

I'd say 6/10 to Ulkair as there's a better chance of him hitting Link a few times than Link avoiding hits and cutting the thing down.

FinalAnswer
Ulkair is certainly not evil.

Infact, he would just be trying to give Link a big ol' hug the entire fight. 131

ArtificialGlory
I am pretty sure Ulkair qualifies as evil. He's a daemon that wants to kill/corrupt everyone.

Also, I forgot that Ulkair has a nasty vomit move with a decent range that does a lot of damage.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I am pretty sure Ulkair qualifies as evil. He's a daemon that wants to kill/corrupt everyone.

Also, I forgot that Ulkair has a nasty vomit move with a decent range that does a lot of damage. Great Unclean Ones are just looking to add everyone to his big happy family.

And they love you. In the cold, dark grimdarkness of space/Renaissance Europe where life sucks and everyone's a dick, Nurgle cares. And he loves you. He brings you family, love and the time to embrace that love fully. He accepts you for who you are, just stay that way. Don't wash, don't change. You're great the way you are.

ArtificialGlory
Great Unclean Ones are just looking to add everyone to his big happy family.

And they love you. In the cold, dark grimdarkness of space/Renaissance Europe where life sucks and everyone's a dick, Nurgle cares. And he loves you. He brings you family, love and the time to embrace that love fully. He accepts you for who you are, just stay that way. Don't wash, don't change. You're great the way you are.

Yea, they love you in the same way that a paedophile loves a child. And I am not sure about the whole no changing thing, because Nurgle worshippers change quite a bit.

NemeBro
Yea, they love you in the same way that a paedophile loves a child. And I am not sure about the whole no changing thing, because Nurgle worshippers change quite a bit. A Great Unclean One embraces Nurgle's human followers with love and joy! It is no pervert.

ArtificialGlory
A Great Unclean One embraces Nurgle's human followers with love and joy! It is no pervert.

I seriously doubt if it cares whether you want to join the "family" or not: you're joining anyway.

NemeBro
I seriously doubt if it cares whether you want to join the "family" or not: you're joining anyway. That's the thing, it can't comprehend you not wanting to.

Hell, Nurgle believes that your misery and suffering from his plagues is you thanking him.

The Scenario
There's a bit too much blue and orange morality to really tell what the Light Arrows will do. Though Wind Waker Link was hurt by them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.