Mr. Myx vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Can Thanos resist Myx's warp even for a while? For how long?

And if somehow you think Thanos wins in a straight battle, please explain ermm

Galan007
Thanos wins by virtue of me not knowing who Mr. "Myx" is. vin

Harbinger
Can't see Thanos being able to resist Mxy for any period of time if Mxy doesn't want him to (IE, if Mxy wanted to turn Thanos into a butter dish, Thanos can't stop it from happening).

Thanos dies.

theICONiac
This is more sensible:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f61/t553929.html

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007

Read comics Galan evil face

celestialdemon

laughing

Very true. Mr. Mxy, on the other hand, warps Thanos fairly easily.

Bentley
My typos are one of those defining traits I have sad

guy222
mxy

SquallX

smokin'

Endless Mike
Only way Thanos can win is if Mxy is playing by the same rules he does with Superman and Thanos tricks him into saying his name backwards

SquallX
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Only way Thanos can win is if Mxy is playing by the same rules he does with Superman and Thanos tricks him into saying his name backwards

Unless Mxy removes that, then Thanos is DooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooM

Nihilist
Thanos tricks Mxy into giving him his powers ftw.

Cogito
Originally posted by Bentley
No. Not even a little.

Thanos' only chance is to get Mxy to return to the 5th dimension before he's casually wiped out of existence. If Mxy treated this the same as his normal encounters with Superman, and kept his name-backwards rule, then Thanos could probably do it.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

SquallX
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.

Am getting pretty tired of you. mad

Omega Vision
Mxy.
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos tricks Mxy into giving him his powers ftw.
Mxy would have never lost his powers to Joker if he hadn't been making a deal to give some of his powers to Joker in the first place.

Mxy wouldn't find Thanos interesting enough to even consider giving some of his powers to Thanos, he'd probably say something like "Infinity Gauntlet sucked, why would I want to sit through that crap again?"

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
Am getting pretty tired of you. mad Thanos defeats him like Gog who easily oneshotted him.

-Pr-
I'm gonna talk to Bada for leaving this open... mmm

Nihilist
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Mxy.

Mxy would have never lost his powers to Joker if he hadn't been making a deal to give some of his powers to Joker in the first place. Problem is Thanos intellect and cunning shits all over Jokers

Too bad by that time Thanos would have tricked Mxy by then smile

SquallX
Thanos defeats him like Gog who easily oneshotted him.

laughing

Omega Vision
Problem is Thanos intellect and cunning shits all over Jokers

Too bad by that time Thanos would have tricked Mxy by then smile
You're missing the whole point. You don't just trick Mxy into giving you his powers, he has to be making a bargain with you in the first place.

Thanos isn't TAO, he can't just mind-rape people into doing what he wants by talking to them.

Nihilist
You're missing the whole point. You don't just trick Mxy into giving you his powers, he has to be making a bargain with you in the first place. Which Thanos trick him into doing.

He doesnt need too as Thanos>>>>Mxy in terms of intellect and cunning.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SquallX
laughing Hey I didn't write the Kingdom but bless the writer's heart who did.

Galan007
The idiocy never ceases to amaze.

Nihilist
The idiocy never ceases to amaze. Why because people dont agree with the pro DC 10/10 stomp stance ?

quanchi112
The idiocy never ceases to amaze. Like you have any room to talk about anything.

Galan007
Why because people dont agree with the pro DC 10/10 stomp stance ? The fact that people are arguing that Thanos could beat a fella who can casually destroy universes/the multiverse IS laughable. Sorry.

kevdude
Mr. Mxy, I can't believe we are having this discussion..... shocking

Nihilist
The fact that people are arguing that Thanos could beat a fella who can casually destroy universes/the multiverse IS laughable. Sorry. Oh right, so with DC guys we only get to use their very high feats and ingnore the lower to average ones.

I'll have to remember that rule.

Galan007
What low feats are being ignored?

The instance where Gog blew a hole through Mxy? If so, you might note that Mxy was completely unprepared for the attack. Additionally, Gog's staff housed 1.) The power of a dozen red suns. 2.) The emerald energy of the Guardians of the universe. 3.) The cosmic power of the source. 4.) The magical might of Zeus and Shazam combined... Good luck proving Thanos can generate an equal level of power AND cheap-shot Mxy with said power. Heh.

Regardless, it's moot. This isn't a versus battle in the literal sense- Bentley simply asked if Thanos could resist Mxy's reality warping.

Omega Vision
Which Thanos trick him into doing.

He doesnt need too as Thanos>>>>Mxy in terms of intellect and cunning.
LMAO. It doesn't matter. He's not going to get the opportunity the Joker had.
What low feats are being ignored?

The instance where Gog blew a hole through Mxy? If so, you might note that Mxy was completely unprepared for the attack. Additionally, Gog's staff housed 1.) The power of a dozen red suns. 2.) The emerald energy of the Guardians of the universe. 3.) The cosmic power of the source. 4.) The magical might of Zeus and Shazam combined... Good luck proving Thanos can generate an equal level of power AND cheap-shot Mxy with said power. Heh.

Regardless, it's moot. This isn't a versus battle in the literal sense- Bentley simply asked if Thanos could resist Mxy's reality warping.
He's probably talking about the Prime instance which is best left alone by anyone with half a brain for a number of reasons.

It wasn't even an internally consistent low showing.

That showing suggested that Annataz was > to Mxy and yet Prime admits that Mxy is the most powerful being he knows of and perhaps the only one able to bring back Earth Prime. Mxy also claims that he's powerful beyond Prime's understanding and incapable of taking him seriously...and then at the end of it he's terrified of Prime and most definitely taking it seriously. Bad writing ftw.

Superherovandal
LMAO. It doesn't matter. He's not going to get the opportunity the Joker had.

He's probably talking about the Prime instance which is best left alone by anyone with half a brain for a number of reasons.

It wasn't even an internally consistent low showing.

That showing suggested that Annataz was > to Mxy and yet Prime admits that Mxy is the most powerful being he knows of and perhaps the only one able to bring back Earth Prime. Mxy also claims that he's powerful beyond Prime's understanding and incapable of taking him seriously...and then at the end of it he's terrified of Prime and most definitely taking it seriously. Bad writing ftw. the stuff in countdown is basically absolute tripe. that whole saga was a waste of effort, talent, and paper.

Cogito
Originally posted by Superherovandal
the stuff in countdown is basically absolute tripe. that whole saga was a waste of effort, talent, and paper.

It could only be a waste of talent if there were any.

The paper on the other hand... miffed

Prep-Man
Originally posted by guy222
mxy

quanchi112
Originally posted by Superherovandal
the stuff in countdown is basically absolute tripe. that whole saga was a waste of effort, talent, and paper. I loved countdown.

Prep-Man
lol come one, Quan. Countdown was horrible.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
lol come one, Quan. Countdown was horrible. Not imo I thought final crisis was utterly terrible but enjoyed many moments of countdown.

Prep-Man
What was good about it? What parts did you like?

Cogito
Superman Beyond was the only good thing to come out of Final Crisis.

Bentley
Out of Quan's weird preferences this is the first one that actually made me rise an eyebrow.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
What was good about it? What parts did you like? Prime, Monarch especially when they came head to head. I liked Monarch rounding up those alternate versions and forming his own army to take on the Monitors. I also liked Darkseid's battle with Superman along with his battle with Orion.

Mindset
Kyle was in Countdown.

So Quan is right.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Kyle was in Countdown.

So Quan is right. I'm usually guilty of loving anything dc puts on the shelves. Color me biased. shifty

Sr J-Bieb
I agree with everyone in this thread

Thanos survives forever

-Pr-
Not imo I thought final crisis was utterly terrible but enjoyed many moments of countdown.

--

Anyway, tis a spite thread (in a sense). Closing soon enough.

Bentley
I'm usually guilty of loving anything dc puts on the shelves. Color me biased. shifty

Don't worry Quan, I've always considered you biased wink

Batman-Prime

No he can't. Max 1 second, or as long as Mxy is thinking about what he will warp him into.

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
Superman Beyond was the only good thing to come out of Final Crisis. I disagree.

Rogues Revenge and Revelations were extremely good reads as well. I also think the main FC series was quite good, when read in conjunction with Seven Soldiers. Just MO.

Cogito
I disagree.

Rogues Revenge and Revelations were extremely good reads as well. I also think the main FC series was quite good, when read in conjunction with Seven Soldiers. Just MO.

You're right.

I enjoyed Revelations, though not Rogues Revenge so much. I understand why someone else would like Rogues though. the main FC series was good, but not great. It could, or probably would, have been great if it weren't muddled by all the other awfulness and inconsistencies (e.g. Countdown)

Bentley
I loved Rogue's Revenge, Captain Cold is cool (pun intended)

Cogito
Meh, that's fine. I've never really cared for the Rogues is all smile

Galan007
You're right.

I enjoyed Revelations, though not Rogues Revenge so much. I understand why someone else would like Rogues though. the main FC series was good, but not great. It could, or probably would, have been great if it weren't muddled by all the other awfulness and inconsistencies (e.g. Countdown) I enjoyed the Zoom/Kid Flash dynamic in Rogues Revenge.

Imo, the Final Crisis main series was good up until the very last issue, which had WAY too much going on. It literally defined putting 50 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. If FC would have been an 8 or 9 issue series (as opposed to 7 issues), I think everyone would have enjoyed it more.

Bentley
Meh, that's fine. I've never really cared for the Rogues is all smile

You'd need to have my undying love for D-listerhood.

Cogito
It literally defined putting 50 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.
laughing

I loved how FC restored Superman to his proper place in the DC hierarchy, even if Geoff Johns seems determined to replace him with Hal.

mxy

quanchi112
Don't worry Quan, I've always considered you biased wink Yeah, those poor marvel characters I really do tend to undercut them. I need to stop doing so. I'll do my best. Originally posted by -Pr-

--

Anyway, tis a spite thread (in a sense). Closing soon enough. Like you didn't love countdown.

Diesldude
Mxy can remove mistress death from existence, poof there goes thano's immortality. He then turns him into a purple roach and steps on him for the win. Got in before close.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Diesldude
Mxy can remove mistress death from existence, poof there goes thano's immortality. He then turns him into a purple roach and steps on him for the win. Got in before close. Mistress Death isn't in this thread.

Mindset
I enjoyed the Zoom/Kid Flash dynamic in Rogues Revenge.

Imo, the Final Crisis main series was good up until the very last issue, which had WAY too much going on. It literally defined putting 50 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag. If FC would have been an 8 or 9 issue series (as opposed to 7 issues), I think everyone would have enjoyed it more. FC sucked.

My opinion is fact.

Rogue's Revenge was great though.

iceman24567
Mxy and really easy at that

snks

theICONiac
Not imo I thought final crisis was utterly terrible but enjoyed many moments of countdown.

Preaching to the choir over here Quan.

only on a shit site like this can someone actually try to make a case for thanos against mxy lol

Reported for being a dirty sock

-Pr-
Yeah, those poor marvel characters I really do tend to undercut them. I need to stop doing so. I'll do my best. Like you didn't love countdown.

Not really much to love, tbh.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not sure how this thread has gone on this long... Mxy and pretty easily

Omega Vision
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Not sure how this thread has gone on this long... Mxy and pretty easily
I think we both know the reason.

It's not a question of how...its who. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.