8 bit theater vs Order of the Stick vs Captain SNES

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
From the webcomics, 8 bit theater, Order of the Stick, and Captain SNES.

Webcomics ARE comics, so count, right? big grin

Fighter, Black Mage, Red Mage, Thief

vs

Roy Greenhilt
Belkar Bitterleaf
Durkon Thundershield
Elan
Haley Starshine
Vaarsuvius (V has his uber upgrades from the fiends)

vs

Captain SNES

Who wins?

the ninjak
Is Captain SNES that power glove kid who could travel through and collect characters from all Nintendo games?

I remember taht show. There was one episode where he was trapped in Tetris world. lol

cdtm
Originally posted by the ninjak
Is Captain SNES that power glove kid who could travel through and collect characters from all Nintendo games?

You're thinking of Captain N, the gamemaster. Captain SNES is kind of a fan made spiritual successor. The main character has a super scope that can wipe out Ganon in one shot, but is limited to three or four shots.

the ninjak
Ahhh cool. I'll check out these guys and give an opinion.

cdtm
Originally posted by the ninjak
Ahhh cool. I'll check out these guys and give an opinion.

It'll be a long read. They're all pretty long webcomics. big grin

Although I'm surprised you haven't at least heard of 8 bit theater.. I thought some of the stuff from that comic was internet meme material, like Fights "I like swords" catchphrase, or "Swordchucks, ho!"

cdtm
Here's a pretty decent read on Fighter, touching on 8 bit in general.

http://8bittheater.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter_McWarrior

OneDumbG0
Swordchucks, yo.

StyleTime
I don't know anything about Order of the Stick or Captain SNES, but I absolutely loved 8-bit theater.

I'm pretty sure Thief can steal things that aren't even there. Nothing to do with the fight, but totally awesome nonetheless.

Batman-Prime
Where can I download those comics? They are for free I guess?

StyleTime
8-bit is free. I know nothing of the other two, but I assume they are as well.

Here is the link to 8-bit. It's ended already and is around 1220-50 pages of mostly awesomeness.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by StyleTime
8-bit is free. I know nothing of the other two, but I assume they are as well.

Here is the link to 8-bit. It's ended already and is around 1220-50 pages of mostly awesomeness.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/

Oh thank you. I hoped I could download an PDF. I will search it though. Oh Final Fantasy style big grin it already won my heart wink

cdtm
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Oh thank you. I hoped I could download an PDF. I will search it though. Oh Final Fantasy style big grin it already won my heart wink

If you really wanted to download it, I'm sure there's torrent compilations out there. Don't really see the point, unless you have a really old web browser..

His other webcomics "How I Killed Your Master" and "Warbot in Accounting" are worth a look too, but definitely start with 8 bit.

As for the other webcomics:

Order of the Stick

Captain SNES.

That should keep you busy enough, but I'd also recommend looking up Dr. McNinja someday. It's about a Dr., who also happens to be a ninja.

cdtm
Found this pdf for 8 bit. It only compiles 1-1100 though. ending about 200 updates from the end.

You could either find the rest yourself later, or just read the rest on the site.

Omega Vision
Wonder how long this will stay open.

cdtm
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Wonder how long this will stay open.

*Shrugs*

Pretty sure its not breaking any rules.. They specify not using comics based on popular television programs, but don't say anything about sticking with print comics only..

And if it did, it would disqualify stuff from Marvel.

Uriel005
Black mage Hadokens and it's over...

StyleTime
Boatdoken! Fighterdoken!

cdtm
Originally posted by Uriel005
Black mage Hadokens and it's over...

Black Mage is a TERRIBLE shot with it.

Remember, he missed a mountain. stick out tongue

I think the only time it worked was killing that giant at the start of the story, and he ended up taking out the entire wooded area just to hit that target..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.