Alphas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

srankmissingnin
Alpha's is a SyFy show that exists in the convoluted Warehouse 13, and Eureka (and Haven?) continuity. Think of it as X-Men as a character driven police procedural. It's nothing too extrodinary so far, but it's pretty good for a SyFy summer program. It's not as good as something like the 4400, but it is better then Heroes, or No Ordinary Family.

I love Bill and Gary, especially when they are playing off each other. So funny. The rest of the characters needs some development before I will get invested in their stories, and Hicks is annoying as the supposed badass... I want Bill to kick his ass. cool

Anyone else watching this?

Mindset
First 2 seasons of Heroes > Alphas, easily.

I do like it though.

srankmissingnin
Maybe the first season of Heroes sans the finale, but season 2 was pretty mediocre.

Mindset
Yea, Alpha is mediocre, but it also has worse special effects.

It also doesn't have Hayden Petierwerier.

BruceSkywalker
watched the first show and lost interested

mike7184
This is really a nice series to watch and full of entertainment..

srankmissingnin
Bill > Hicks! eek!

Happy Dance

MedjaySword
I really like the series, what they do seems more plausible than flying and firing energy beams.

Yea Bill was definitely about to kill Hicks...

Placidity
Hmm, about to start watching this. Sounds like it'll be good.

Don't mean to go off-topic, but I'm currently wanting to get into some more TV shows, but really have no idea which are good.

Here is a sample of my current tastes, so if you like the ones I like, I'd probably be interested in your suggestions:

- The Vampire Diaries
- True Blood
- Young Justice
- Wolverine (Anime)
- The Clone Wars
- Archer
- The Office

Previously =(

- Alias
- Justice League

As you can probably guess, I'm into more action less talking.

I guess should have made a separate thread for this, but I have a feeling it'll be classified as a "duplicate" thread somehow.

srankmissingnin
- The Vampire Diaries || Supernatural / Walking Dead / Being Human / Fringe / You could go back and watch The Sarah Conor Chronicles if you haven't seen it
- True Blood || See above
- Young Justice || New Thundercats
- Wolverine (Anime) || I don't know... the Wolverine anime is truly awful, you might find the Blade or Iron Man anime entertaining as they are equally bad
- The Clone Wars
- Archer || Venture Bros
- The Office || Parks and Rec / Psych / Community

- 24 || The first season of Prison Break and maybe The Shield if you haven't seen them
- Alias || Nikita
- Justice League || Avengers

Placidity
^ Thanks for that. Will check it out.

Gustavo Fring
Originally posted by Placidity
Hmm, about to start watching this. Sounds like it'll be good.

Don't mean to go off-topic, but I'm currently wanting to get into some more TV shows, but really have no idea which are good.

Here is a sample of my current tastes, so if you like the ones I like, I'd probably be interested in your suggestions:

- The Vampire Diaries
- True Blood
- Young Justice
- Wolverine (Anime)
- The Clone Wars
- Archer
- The Office

Previously =(

- Alias
- Justice League

As you can probably guess, I'm into more action less talking.

I guess should have made a separate thread for this, but I have a feeling it'll be classified as a "duplicate" thread somehow.

Dexter and Breaking Bad.

The last episode of Alphas was an excellent season finale.

Nephthys
http://i.imgur.com/DKSKK.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This was an awesome show as well. sad

KingD19
All the good ones get taken before their time. And on a season finale cliffhanger too.

The_Tempest
Network executives and the television-watching masses really suck.

KingD19
Wasn't Alphas one of the highest rated shows not only on that slot, but on Scyfy period? To cancel it just seems...stupid.

The_Tempest
Seriously, people are dumb. I think it's time we start over as a civilization.

KingD19
Good plan...only the current civilization is far too lazy to even consider that.

The_Tempest
We wipe them out.

All of them.

Nephthys
Originally posted by KingD19
Wasn't Alphas one of the highest rated shows not only on that slot, but on Scyfy period? To cancel it just seems...stupid.

No actually. From what I've heard Alpha's didn't do that well ratings wise and that ScyFy gave them a fair shake. Its the idiots who want to watch shitty ghost hunter programs instead of quality programming that we should be angry at.

The_Tempest
Or queer ass shows about serial killers portrayed by bad actors. uhuh

KingD19
Really? People would rather watch the exact same show as the other 12 channels, just with different people, locations, and names?

I hate people sometimes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.