Captain America with Power Gem vs Thanos..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
So, The Hood beat Red Hulk while accessing the Power Gem?

How does Captain America do against The mad Titan?

cdtm
Cap wins.

Has anyone with the Power Gem been knocked out or defeated...? Drax in Blood and Thunder is the only possible example I can think of, and that's a questionable one..

And again, The Hood pwned Rulk while accessing only the Power Gem. That pretty much proves Power Gem users are physically invincible..

http://www.thefanboyseo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Av_7_Legion_CPS_028-029.jpg

thanos-prime
Thanos wins, cap has no idea how to use it other than subconsciously his power won't rise high enough fast enough before he get's slaughtered.

golem370
Thanos made himself immune to the mind maybe also the power gem as well.

zopzop
Thanos wins. He beat Thor when Thor had it. Sure it was a BFR type win but it was a win and that same trick didn't work vs Odin.

Silent Master
No, he managed to restrain Thor....Thanos himself stated that Thor would break free and that they'd be unlikely to beat him at that point.

zopzop
Originally posted by Silent Master
No, he managed to restrain Thor....Thanos himself stated that Thor would break free and that they'd be unlikely to beat him at that point.

He restrained him for A LONG while. Long enough to make it to Asgard, fight through it's hordes, then face off against Odin in a protracted fight.

That's a long ass while. What's to stop Thanos from force blocking Captain America and then tping the block into the center of a supermassive black hole?

Or better yet, teleporting him to another universe. The Gems only work in their native universe.

Thanos wins.

Sr J-Bieb
No, he managed to restrain Thor....Thanos himself stated that Thor would break free and that they'd be unlikely to beat him at that point. Thor also started off at a level able to crush heralds... which isn't far off from Cap's level actually if you think about it.

CosmicComet
1. With the gem Cap 10/10.

2. Without, stalemate.

zYGzvpwJQTs

celestialdemon
Thanos wins this in a regular fight.

Caps Conscience
Cap beats his ass.

vansonbee
Originally posted by zopzop
He restrained him for A LONG while. Long enough to make it to Asgard, fight through it's hordes, then face off against Odin in a protracted fight.

That's a long ass while. What's to stop Thanos from force blocking Captain America and then tping the block into the center of a supermassive black hole?

Or better yet, teleporting him to another universe. The Gems only work in their native universe.

Thanos wins. Native? I guess you read Fantastic Four, where the Reeds were owned by Celestials, even with IG, but I'm speculation that they don't have full control of their IG, compared to Thanos.

Badabing
Originally posted by cdtm
So, The Hood beat Red Hulk while accessing the Power Gem?

How does Captain America do against The mad Titan? Even this depowered Cap wins.

Lord Feron
Thanos can't handle that much America!

Silent Master

Thanos wins.

Besides Cap dodging the attacks?

zopzop
Originally posted by vansonbee
Native? I guess you read Fantastic Four, where the Reeds were owned by Celestials, even with IG, but I'm speculation that they don't have full control of their IG, compared to Thanos.

It was an issue where an alternate reality Reed talks to 616 reality Reed and 616 Reed mentions that alt reality Reed can do anything he wants with the IG.

Alt reality Reed says no, the gems only work in their native universe and he was in 616 reality now, so the IG was non functional.

GalacticStorm provided the scan.

Uriel005
Depends on how well Cap can harness Powergem. If he understands the underlying premise of how to use it and doesn't herp derp like thor did with it (I always took that as passive use rather than active reliance on the PG) I'd say he stands a fair chance. But if it's just cap wandering around and picking it up only to have Thanos show up demanding the damn thing I don't see him winning short of a revelation on how to use the Powergem.

JakeTheBank
Thanos gets sonned.

h1a8
Thanos wins. He beat Thor when Thor had it. Sure it was a BFR type win but it was a win and that same trick didn't work vs Odin. It's amazing how you allow Thanos to do rare things in his forum fights but complain when someone mentions Superman using his speed.

Nihilist
Originally posted by h1a8
It's amazing how you allow Thanos to do rare things in his forum fights but complain when someone mentions Superman using his speed. Another classic example of never reading any Thanos.

Silent Master
Actually, he might be right this time....as IIRC that story arc was the only time Thanos has ever used the force block.

Nihilist
Actually, he might be right this time....as IIRC that story arc was the only time Thanos has ever used the force block. He's not only talking about that, he's talking about bfr aswell....plus Thanos has far less appearances than Superman to use the speed/force block argument.

IIRC Thanos used a force block on Namor and Hulk when searching for the HOTU

Silent Master
Originally posted by Nihilist
He's not only talking about that, he's talking about bfr aswell....plus Thanos has far less appearances than Superman to use the speed/force block argument.

Ah, my mistake then.

I'd be interested in seeing that, you wouldn't have scans or the issue numbers would you?

Nihilist
Ah, my mistake then.

I'd be interested in seeing that, you wouldn't have scans or the issue numbers would you? No scans sorry, but its in Marvel:The End issue 1 or 2.

Silent Master
Thanks, I'll have to see if I can track them down.

h1a8
Another classic example of never reading any Thanos.

He did the force block twice in his career. Am I wrong?

He's not only talking about that, he's talking about bfr aswell....plus Thanos has far less appearances than Superman to use the speed/force block argument.

IIRC Thanos used a force block on Namor and Hulk when searching for the HOTU I wasn't talking about bfr at all. But since you mentioned it, it as well is rare for Thanos to do.

the Darkone
Thanos did it against Champion. Thanos Quest#2

Thanos did it against Thor Blood and Thunder saga

Thanos did it against Odin, and Odin broke out of it . Thor Blood and Thunder saga

Thanos did against Namor and Hulk so they we wouldn't fight each other during the search for HOTU. Marvel The End #2

Thanos has done it a total of 5 times before his death in Annihilation.

h1a8
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos did it against Champion. Thanos Quest#2

Thanos did it against Thor Blood and Thunder saga

Thanos did it against Odin, and Odin broke out of it . Thor Blood and Thunder saga

Thanos did against Namor and Hulk so they we wouldn't fight each other during the search for HOTU. Marvel The End #2

Thanos has done it a total of 5 times before his death in Annihilation.

He didn't do it against Champion.

1. He did it against Thor (with outside weapon, probably shouldn't count)
2. He did it again against Odin
3. He did it again against Namor and Hulk (not in battle with them though)

So again that's two times he done it in battle.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by CosmicComet
1. With the gem Cap 10/10.

2. Without, stalemate.

zYGzvpwJQTs

nE3xHSCy9zg

This is the real deal. uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.