DP Tyrant vs Surtur...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Surtur is equipped with Twilight amped with the Casket of Ancient Winters...

Battle takes place in a vacant Asgard in proximity to the Eternal Flame...

Fight to the Death or KO; No BFR...who wins?

zopzop
Tyrant, I'd even say stomp but I don't know how the casket will affect him.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
Tyrant, I'd even say stomp but I don't know how the casket will affect him.

Really!?

I dont think it would be a stomp either way...

Tyrant is really powerful, but Surturs strength will be constantly replenished by the Flame...

Furthermore, the closer to the Eternal Flame Surtur gets, the stronger he becomes...

In addition, the Casket proved capable of holding Odin; its not out of the question that the Casket could hold Tyrant as well...although I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt prove capable of holding him.

Wodenson
Are you kidding? Surtur dominates Tyrant, without the Casket.

Tyrant only approached Galactus level by drawing upon all his energy resources, and the OP is not giving him that advantage.

celestialdemon
With the Sword and Casket, Surtur wins this hands down.

TheLordofMurder
Dont forget to vote! smile

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Really!?

I dont think it would be a stomp either way...

Tyrant is really powerful, but Surturs strength will be constantly replenished by the Flame...

Furthermore, the closer to the Eternal Flame Surtur gets, the stronger he becomes...

In addition, the Casket proved capable of holding Odin; its not out of the question that the Casket could hold Tyrant as well...although I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt prove capable of holding him.

Odin and Tyrant are two wholly different beings though.

Tyrant, even "DP" Tyrant, operates on a universal scale. He's the closest thing you can get to being an abstract without actually being one. Somehow, when Galactus created him, he linked him to the biosphere of every planet in the universe. That's what he draws his power from. His connection is so absolute that he's aware when a planet is destroyed and it pains him.

His control over biospheric energy is so complete, he can even absorb it after it's been synthezied into other forms of energy like the Power Cosmic.

This isn't my opinion or speculation, it's all happened on panel.

My OPINION is that I think he would destroy Surtur with or without Twilight no matter how close he is to the Eternal Flame. The Casket is the big quesion mark because I don't know how Tyrant would react to it. IMHO, he could escape it or it would fail to trap him.

Nihilist
Surtur wins, hard.

Wodenson
The issues stating that Tyrant is linked to biospheric energy, which I think you are grossly overplaying, were so horribly written that no writer has been able to pull Tyrant from that mess and make him a workable character. Tyrant is a complete write-off as a character.

And Surtur still stomps him.

the Darkone
Surtur wins,having twilight and casket of winters it's a slaughter. DP tyrant is powered by bio energy of planets he is not universal, that's over playing him. DP is couple notches above Thanos, I put DP Tyrant right below Odin if that, but still tyrant is not going to beat this version Surtur.

Sundipped
Originally posted by Wodenson
The issues stating that Tyrant is linked to biospheric energy, which I think you are grossly overplaying, were so horribly written that no writer has been able to pull Tyrant from that mess and make him a workable character. Tyrant is a complete write-off as a character.

What's so horrible about that writing? He's a creation of Galactus and utilizes the same properties. He can be a workable character just like anybody else who has died in comics and made a return.

zopzop

The fact is that it was mentioned multiple time by both Galactus and Tyrant. Galactus was in fear of his life and the Surfer through a rapport they shared mentioned it.

Galactus fed on a planet that he said made him feel more powerful than he had in ages AND fought Tyrant on Galactus' home turf. And he still lost.

zopzop
Originally posted by the Darkone
Surtur wins,having twilight and casket of winters it's a slaughter. DP tyrant is powered by bio energy of planets he is not universal, that's over playing him. DP is couple notches above Thanos, I put DP Tyrant right below Odin if that, but still tyrant is not going to beat this version Surtur.

How is he not universal if he draws power from the biosphere of every planet IN THE UNIVERSE? It's not like I'm making this up. It's right there on panel.

Sundipped
I believe Tyrant can pull this off.
Can someone inform me on the powers of the Casket?

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
I believe Tyrant can pull this off.
Can someone inform me on the powers of the Casket?

It's best showing was BFRing Odin and holding him.

Sundipped
It's best showing was BFRing Odin and holding him.

Ok. Thread states no BFR so what's the next best showing?

zopzop
Ok. Thread states no BFR so what's the next best showing?

That's about it. It creates blizzards on Earth too I think.

Stoic
This scenario plays heavily in Surtur's favor, and he would probably win. In neutral space though, Tyrant takes this all day.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dp Tyrant still

Wodenson
What's so horrible about that writing? He's a creation of Galactus and utilizes the same properties. He can be a workable character just like anybody else who has died in comics and made a return.

Are you kidding me? The fact that Morg regressed to being a ghetto thug with clever lines like, "Think again, butt-face" and calling Air-Walker a "nerd" should be sufficient.

celestialdemon
Are you kidding me? The fact that Morg regressed to being a ghetto thug with clever lines like, "Think again, butt-face" and calling Air-Walker a "nerd" should be sufficient.

laughing

Sundipped
That's about it. It creates blizzards on Earth too I think.

That's it? Don't see how this is supposed to affect Tyrant. He's used to being in the void of deep space. Absolute 0 temps.

Sundipped

I mean do you expect every comic to be picture perfect? Something as minor as that doesn't detract from the overall story. What do Morgs comments have to do with Tyrant being a workable character or not anyway?

celestialdemon
That's it? Don't see how this is supposed to affect Tyrant. He's used to being in the void of deep space. Absolute 0 temps.

Saying it just creates blizzards is like saying Doctor Strange is just a sorcerer. It is cold enough to freeze the frost giants themselves and was even starting to freeze Odin to death.

zopzop
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Saying it just creates blizzards is like saying Doctor Strange is just a sorcerer. It is cold enough to freeze the frost giants themselves and was even starting to freeze Odin to death.

That's nice but Tyrant is a machine a robot that operates on a cosmic scale.

celestialdemon
That's nice but Tyrant is a machine a robot that operates on a cosmic scale.

And? Odin operates on a cosmic scale as well, and being a robot doesn't prevent Tyrant from having emotions or feeling pain.

zopzop
And? Odin operates on a cosmic scale as well, and being a robot doesn't prevent Tyrant from having emotions or feeling pain.

What does that have to do with anything. Odin operates on a cosmic scale but he's still flesh. How else do you explain him mating with Gaea and producing Thor?

Tyrant is a machine. He doesn't eat, breathe, sleep, produce waste, reproduce, get tired, etc.... Tyrant doesn't depend on Asgard, the Eternal Flame, worshipers, etc.. He's powered by the biosphere of every planet in the universe. They are two totally different beings.

Sundipped

Tyrant is powered by abstract scale cosmic energy. It's basically like saying Galactus can be affected by the Casket. Cosmic energy manipulation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>extreme cold.

iceman24567
Surtur wrecks him

celestialdemon
Tyrant is powered by abstract scale cosmic energy. It's basically like saying Galactus can be affected by the Casket. Cosmic energy manipulation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>extreme cold.

No, it's not like saying the same thing. Galactus is a fundamental force of the universe, not an artificially created being. Despite this, Galactus can tire, hunger, sweat, and bleed. We don't know how the casket would affect him (if at all).

The Odinforce is apparently no slouch either as it's giving Galactus a hard time right now. However, even with it, the casket was affecting Odin.

Again, I'm not saying for sure the casket would affect Galactus (or Tyrant). I'm just saying it's not something that should be dismissed outright just because it's "extreme cold", especially since it's an object of magic rather than science.

zopzop
Tyrant is powered by abstract scale cosmic energy.

Literally, the biosphere of every freaking planet in the universe. The very same bioshpere that birthed the Gods. And this doesn't even include his energy spheres.

zopzop
No, it's not like saying the same thing. Galactus is a fundamental force of the universe, not an artificially created being. Despite this, Galactus can tire, hunger, sweat, and bleed. We don't know how the casket would affect him (if at all).

But Tyrant does NOT. Not hard to understand.

And all we're saying, or at least I'm saying, is that we don't know how the casket would affect a non living being that's connected to the biosphere of every planet in the universe. Just because it affected Odin doesn't mean it would Galactus or Tyrant.

celestialdemon
What does that have to do with anything. Odin operates on a cosmic scale but he's still flesh. How else do you explain him mating with Gaea and producing Thor?

Tyrant is a machine. He doesn't eat, breathe, sleep, produce waste, reproduce, get tired, etc.... Tyrant doesn't depend on Asgard, the Eternal Flame, worshipers, etc.. He's powered by the biosphere of every planet in the universe. They are two totally different beings.

What does it have to do with anything? You're saying Tyrant being a robot automatically prevents cold from affecting him, despite the fact that Tyrant still feels pain like any other sentient being would. It's merely an assumption that the casket's cold wouldn't affect him, especially considering the cold is magical in nature.

celestialdemon

And all we're saying, or at least I'm saying, is that we don't know how the casket would affect a non living being that's connected to the biosphere of every planet in the universe. Just because it affected Odin doesn't mean it would Galactus or Tyrant.

And I completely agree. I'm just refuting your casual dismissal of the casket's power simply because Tyrant is a cosmic robot.

zopzop
And I completely agree. I'm just refuting your casual dismissal of the casket's power simply because Tyrant is a cosmic robot.

I'm not casually dismissing its' power, if it held Odin it's something major. But Odin and Tyrant are two different beings. In fact, you couldn't find two beings more radically different from each other to compare/contrast.

Sundipped

The Odinforce is apparently no slouch either as it's giving Galactus a hard time right now. However, even with it, the casket was affecting Odin.

Again, I'm not saying for sure the casket would affect Galactus (or Tyrant). I'm just saying it's not something that should be dismissed outright just because it's "extreme cold", especially since it's an object of magic rather than science.

It's really simple. Galactus>Casket. You really believe Galactus is gonna freeze to death opposed to any other option?

Power cosmic deals well vs. magic based beings. Big G went head up with a member of the Vishanti. No reason Tyrant can't do the same. He's proved resistance to magic before but to what extent is not known. Safe to say he can compete with high levels since he's an image of his creator.

celestialdemon
It's really simple. Galactus>Casket. You really believe Galactus is gonna freeze to death opposed to any other option?

I'm saying I don't know. I would have never guessed Odin could resist Galactus either, but he's doing it now. There's also no reason for Galactus to bleed, but he does.

Power cosmic deals well vs. magic based beings. Big G went head up with a member of the Vishanti. No reason Tyrant can't do the same. He's proved resistance to magic before but to what extent is not known. Safe to say he can compete with high levels since he's an image of his creator.

Yes, Galactus went up against Agamotto, but that doesn't mean much since neither one did much to the other. When did Tyrant prove a resistance to magic?

Sundipped
I'm saying I don't know. I would have never guessed Odin could resist Galactus either, but he's doing it now. There's also no reason for Galactus to bleed, but he does.

Yes, Galactus went up against Agamotto, but that doesn't mean much since neither one did much to the other. When did Tyrant prove a resistance to magic?

Outcome of Odin vs. Galactus to be determined. I'll leave that alone for now.

My point was that power cosmic can compete with magic. Agamotto is a mystical being. Galactus stalemated him in his realm. Agamotto>Sutur so Tyrant should give Surtur the same kinda battle at least.

Stormbreaker bounced off Tyrant with no effect but that's why I said his resistance is not known. I assume that it's high.

celestialdemon
Outcome of Odin vs. Galactus to be determined. I'll leave that alone for now.

My point was that power cosmic can compete with magic. Agamotto is a mystical being. Galactus stalemated him in his realm. Agamotto>Sutur so Tyrant should give Surtur the same kinda battle at least.

Stormbreaker bounced off Tyrant with no effect but that's why I said his resistance is not known. I assume that it's high.

Yes, it can compete with it, but that doesn't mean it trumps it. Until it's shown one way or the other, we have no idea if the casket would affect Galactus or not.

Yet Surtur w/TS & Casket > Odin, and things aren't looking too favorable for Galactus right now vs Odin. But like you said, we'll know more when it concludes.

Stormbreaker bouncing off Tyrant is more of a physical resistance. Having a magical hammer thrown at you and do nothing seems a lot different than withstanding a magical assault.

Sundipped
Yes, it can compete with it, but that doesn't mean it trumps it. Until it's shown one way or the other, we have no idea if the casket would affect Galactus or not.

Yet Surtur w/TS & Casket > Odin, and things aren't looking too favorable for Galactus right now vs Odin. But like you said, we'll know more when it concludes.

Stormbreaker bouncing off Tyrant is more of a physical resistance. Having a magical hammer thrown at you and do nothing seems a lot different than withstanding a magical assault.

Just because Odin can match Galactus in tp dosen't mean the Casket that beat him will do the same to Big G. I just don't see it causing any real problem.

True it's physical resistence but he was also able to drain it, meaning he's been it contact with magical based beings before. He'll put up a good fight /maybe even win vs. a top notch skyfather level mystic.

Colossus-Big C
Surtur Wrecks Him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.