Silver Surfer vs Worthy Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sr J-Bieb
NEITHER SIDE GETS ANY PREP!!!

That is all

Colossus-Big C
Worthy Hulk>Thor>Silver Surfer

Galan007
Silver Surfer > Thor > Worthy Hulk.

/thread

CosmicComet
Hulk>Thor>Surfer>Hulk

I hate it though.

Surfer should be > all.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Galan007
Silver Surfer > Thor > Worthy Hulk.

/thread U Mad?

-Pr-
Surfer should win, but I dunno...

Colossus-Big C
Surfer is mediocre

-Pr-
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Surfer is mediocre

Based on...?

Gecko4lif
Thor > SS > worthy hulk > hulk

Rage.Of.Olympus
Been done before. Worthy Hulk wins. I know this will piss some people off but once Hulk reaches World War Hulk levels and above, I think Surfer loses the ability to put Hulk down straight up.

Anyways, Worthy Hulk/Thor > Surfer. I might change my mind depending on how Surfer does against Thor/Worthy Attuma in the following months.

carver9
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Thor > SS > worthy hulk > hulk

Lolololol....what has Hulk done to you?

guy222
worthy hulk

psycho gundam
Originally posted by carver9
Lolololol....what has Hulk done to you? he grew up poor so he had to wear the same, holey pair of jeans till high school. the other children used to tease him by calling him "hulk", and his anger only perpetuated the moniker.

prey for him

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by psycho gundam
he grew up poor so he had to wear the same, holey pair of jeans till high school. the other children used to tease him by calling him "hulk", and his anger only perpetuated the moniker.

prey for him

lmao

StiltmanFTW
he grew up poor so he had to wear the same, holey pair of jeans till high school. the other children used to tease him by calling him "hulk", and his anger only perpetuated the moniker.

prey for him

laughing out loud

the ninjak
Surfer.

Gecko4lif

prey for him
Your mom calls me hulk because I up her up like a cheap gap shirt.

carver9

prey for him

laughing out loud

CosmicComet
Your mom calls me hulk because I up her up like a cheap gap shirt.

up her up?

zopzop
Originally posted by -Pr-
Based on...?

The sad showing in the Mighty Thor series so far?

But back on topic, Hulk crushes him.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by zopzop
The sad showing in the Mighty Thor series so far?

But back on topic, Hulk crushes him.

Sad? I must have missed the part where Thor dominated Surfer like he did Worthy Thing, or the part where Thor BFR'd surfer from earth's orbit like he did the Hulk.

Oh wait, Surfer BFR'd thor all the way from Earth's orbit to Mars. Let someone else figure out how many times greater that bfr distance is than the one Thor placed on worthy hulk.

Thor put down worthy thing with 1 mjolnir attack. He connected the same exact attack on surfer 3 times and still didn't put Surfer down. If you're using what Thor did against the Worthy as a measuring stick, I'd say, given the same attacks used against different enemies by the same writer, that Thor is having an off showing. With space armor, no less.

psycho gundam
Your mom calls me hulk because I up her up like a cheap gap shirt. what's that you say, hulk?

cdtm
With Hulks poor piercing resistance and the boards shape and speed that it travels, it should go right through him..

leonidas
hulk.

zopzop
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
Sad? I must have missed the part where Thor dominated Surfer like he did Worthy Thing, or the part where Thor BFR'd surfer from earth's orbit like he did the Hulk.

Oh wait, Surfer BFR'd thor all the way from Earth's orbit to Mars. Let someone else figure out how many times greater that bfr distance is than the one Thor placed on worthy hulk.

Thor put down worthy thing with 1 mjolnir attack. He connected the same exact attack on surfer 3 times and still didn't put Surfer down. If you're using what Thor did against the Worthy as a measuring stick, I'd say, given the same attacks used against different enemies by the same writer, that Thor is having an off showing. With space armor, no less.

Thor got a freaking huge gash on his side from the World Tree incident. It's a wounded Thor vs a healthy Surfer and Surfer isn't doing jack to him. Hell, he blew right passed Surfer and smacked Galactus upside his head so hard, he screamed in pain.

We have an apparently healthy Thor putting his all into an attack that only BFRed Worth Hulk and Thor wound up KOing himself in the process.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Surfer rammed Thor from behind into Mars. If that's battle field removal, he took himself out of the fight as well.

I also don't see why you hold Thor killing Ben against the Worthy. If you replaced the Thing with Surfer, I doubt it would have turned out any different. Surfer's cosmic shell wouldn't stand up to Odin's enchantment any better than Thing's rocky hide. At that point, Thor realized that he had to put them down as they wouldn't stop.

I did enjoy you mentioning the Space Armor as if it had some sort of touched upon significance. As far as we know, it does nothing but provide increased mobility and resistance to the effects of space. And Thor is seriously wounded during his encounter with Surfer.

Perhaps when both arcs are over Surfer will come out looking better but for now, his kind of been meh.

JakeTheBank
Thor wasn't 100% when he fought Worthy Hulk/Thing, either.

Rage.Of.Olympus
True, but it isn't a major plot point like it is against Surfer. At least as far as I can tell.

Anyways, as long as Thor comes out looking good, I don't really care what happens to the silver eunuch and green moron.

cdtm
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
True, but it isn't a major plot point like it is against Surfer.

So far, it hasn't even been much of a plot point against Surfer.

We can presume it's messing him up from his condition before, but Fraction isn't playing that angle in their fight.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by zopzop
Thor got a freaking huge gash on his side from the World Tree incident. It's a wounded Thor vs a healthy Surfer and Surfer isn't doing jack to him. Hell, he blew right passed Surfer and smacked Galactus upside his head so hard, he screamed in pain.

We have an apparently healthy Thor putting his all into an attack that only BFRed Worth Hulk and Thor wound up KOing himself in the process.

The "wound" seems to be doing more help than harm in regards to his capabilities. That's just not my thought, that's been consensus on other boards as well. In other words it's far too early and far to simple to say that Thor is irrevocably handicapped by the "wound." And, Surfer isn't going all out vs. Thor (evidenced by Surfer trying to reason with him several times), yet Thor IS going all out. He's threatened surfer's life on multiple occasions during the confrontation and Odin has called for Galactus to be killed. If that's not blood lust I don't know what is.

And, Surfer tanked 3 hits, each identical to the 1 which destroyed worthy thing. You can't argue that Surfer isn't doing anything to Thor, and yet ignore that Thor isn't doing anything to Surfer either, using an attack multiple times which already put down a Worthy with 1 hit.

If Surfer can BFR Thor from Earth's orbit all the way to Mars what is he gonna do to Worthy Hulk?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by cdtm
So far, it hasn't even been much of a plot point against Surfer.

We can presume it's messing him up from his condition before, but Fraction isn't playing that angle in their fight.
Scratch out "against Surfer" and insert "in the story" or whatever makes you happy. It's a major plot point so far and was focused on in at least 3 different scenes before the battle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The "wound" seems to be doing more help than harm in regards to his capabilities. That's just not my thought, that's been consensus on other boards as well. In other words it's far too early and far to simple to say that Thor is irrevocably handicapped by the "wound." And, Surfer isn't going all out vs. Thor (evidenced by Surfer trying to reason with him several times), yet Thor IS going all out. He's threatened surfer's life on multiple occasions during the confrontation and Odin has called for Galactus to be killed. If that's not blood lust I don't know what is.

And, Surfer tanked 3 hits, each identical to the 1 which destroyed worthy thing. You can't argue that Surfer isn't doing anything to Thor, and yet ignore that Thor isn't doing anything to Surfer either, using an attack multiple times which already put down a Worthy with 1 hit.

If Surfer can BFR Thor from Earth's orbit all the way to Mars what is he gonna do to Worthy Hulk?
crylaugh

cdtm
Scratch out "against Surfer" and insert "in the story" or whatever makes you happy. It's a major plot point so far and was focused on in at least 3 different scenes before the battle.

You're right, but Fraction still isn't writing the injury as affecting his combat capability.

He was sweating before the fight, so we know it was hurting him before. But he seems fine now, especially given the hits he's taken and shrugged off, meaning either the pain flares up at random, or he's able to ignore it in the heat of battle.

Which is all to say it's a factor, but how much of a factor is unknown, and something Fraction has so far avoided playing up during this fight..

He looked in worse shape at the hands of Worthy Hulk and Thing, while still managing to hold off both of them..

Power Cosmic II
crylaugh

Posted like a true immature response.

You just posed above if you substituted Surfer for Worthy Thing, what would happen?

Did you forget that Worthy Thing fell to the same exact attack Thor used on surfer 3 times?

Rage.Of.Olympus
You're right, but Fraction still isn't writing the injury as affecting his combat capability.

He was sweating before the fight, so we know it was hurting him before. But he seems fine now, especially given the hits he's taken and shrugged off, meaning either the pain flares up at random, or he's able to ignore it in the heat of battle.

Which is all to say it's a factor, but how much of a factor is unknown, and something Fraction has so far avoided playing up during this fight..

He looked in worse shape at the hands of Worthy Hulk and Thing, while still managing to hold off both of them..

It's been made fairly clear that Thor is sorely wounded and in pain but doesn't want it to be made known to the rest of Asgard. The fact that he can man up, and go toe to toe with the Surfer despite being injured doesn't automatically mean that it's not in affect or something.

He was wounded and it's only been getting worse. Until I see some hard evidence, I have absolutely no reason to believe that the wound magically turns off when his fighting Surfer.

The vibe I'm getting so far is that you dislike what's been shown so far.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Posted like a true immature response.

You just posed above if you substituted Surfer for Worthy Thing, what would happen?

Did you forget that Worthy Thing fell to the same exact attack Thor used on surfer 3 times?

baka

Did you forget what you posted? The wound is more helpful than harmful in combat and I'm the one who is immature? Lol.

Whatever bud.

The Thing withstood a hammer throw earlier on and didn't exactly fare worse than Surfer. The kill shot was Thor relying on one of Mjolnir's most powerful aspects, the enchantment of Odin, which I'm sorry to say would trump Surfer as completely as it did Angrir.

Power Cosmic II
baka

Did you forget what you posted? The wound is more helpful than harmful in combat and I'm the one who is immature? Lol.

Whatever bud.

The Thing withstood a hammer throw earlier on and didn't exactly fare worse than Surfer. The kill shot was Thor relying on one of Mjolnir's most powerful aspects, the enchantment of Odin, which I'm sorry to say would trump Surfer as completely as it did Angrir.

Yeah, because you didn't back up your non-post with any logic. Thor is currently blood lusted and Fraction made a clear point to distinguish that the landing on mars hurt surfer whereas Thor was fine. The ENTIRE story up to that point, they were literally on par with each other blow for blow. You're so quick to capitalize on something at face value because you want thor to be handi-capped while doing whatever he's doing. Yet it's clear the "wound" is doing something more than it appears. Or did you really expect a "seriously" injured Thor to stand up fine as an erection whereas a "healthy" surfer was hurt, by his own admission, when the entire story prior to that point presented them as dead equals? Yeah, that's pretty immature on my part to reason that. Please.

If it's a special attack as you say, then why use it on Thing instead of hulk? So that was a stronger attack than the bfr move hammer strike he used on Hulk, the one which lead to Thor KO'ing himself? Hulk, whom he liked less than Thing? Seems odd to use one of mjlonir's most powerful aspects to kill the one he liked, and to bfr the other one he thinks is a pain in the ass while KO'ing himself in the process. In other words I have trouble seeing the support in the hammer strike being one of mjolnir's most powerful attacks when the results he got from that were infinitely better than the results he got from his all-out, at any-cost hammer strike that BFR'd hulk.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, because you didn't back up your non-post with any logic. Thor is currently blood lusted and Fraction made a clear point to distinguish that the landing on mars hurt surfer whereas Thor was fine. The ENTIRE story up to that point, they were literally on par with each other blow for blow. You're so quick to capitalize on something at face value because you want thor to be handi-capped while doing whatever he's doing. Yet it's clear the "wound" is doing something more than it appears. Or did you really expect a "seriously" injured Thor to stand up fine as an erection whereas a "healthy" surfer was hurt, by his own admission, when the entire story prior to that point presented them as dead equals? Yeah, that's pretty immature on my part to reason that. Please.

Why should I attempt to use reason when you've clearly given up on it? For a post of that type, laughter is the best response.

Thor is hurt and is going toe to toe with Surfer. I get it, you don't like what's happening, but stop pretending that you have any actual proof to support your stance.

If some hard evidence comes up you can make your case but so far, you're just being butthurt imho.

Worst case scenario? Thor's tougher than the Surfer but that's hardly newsworthy.
If it's a special attack as you say, then why use it on Thing instead of hulk? So that was a stronger attack than the bfr move hammer strike he used on Hulk, the one which lead to Thor KO'ing himself? Hulk, whom he liked less than Thing? Seems odd to use one of mjlonir's most powerful aspects to kill the one he liked, and to bfr the other one he thinks is a pain in the ass while KO'ing himself in the process. In other words I have trouble seeing the support in the hammer strike being one of mjolnir's most powerful attacks when the results he got from that were infinitely better than the results he got from his all-out, at any-cost hammer strike that BFR'd hulk.

I don't know what you want me to say. Thor's an idiot, Fraction didn't think it through? Use whatever rationalization helps you sleep better at night.

I'm simply telling you what happened on panel. Thor relied on one of Mjolnir's most powerful aspects, it's Odin Force powered enchantment to take down the Thing. I know this hurts to hear, but Surfer would fair no better than Thing in that position.

Everyone from the Destroyer to Zeus has failed to overcome the return enchantment in the past. It's particularly powerful when Thor calls it to his hand as it's connected to his will/consciousness.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Mighty Thor #1:
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7854/wound1s.th.jpg

"It glows rather than bleeds Sif. What nature of wound is this?"

The Mighty Thor #2:
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8092/wound2.th.jpghttp://img705.imageshack.us/img705/9779/wound3.th.jpghttp://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5757/wound4.th.jpg

"You're hurt. You're hurting. You're in pain. You're distracted, you're..."

The Mighty Thor #3:
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8849/wound5.th.jpg

"Your wound, Thor. 'Tis worse. And Weirder."

This shit isn't even ambiguous.

Until there is some serious hard evidence, I have absolutely no reason to believe the wound is anything but a hindrance. Just because Thor comes off tougher than Surfer doesn't automatically mean there's some other shit going on.

If you're right, I'll give credit where credit is due but the only thing that's driving you at this point is your dislike of what's been printed.

Nihilist
Surfer owns him easier than Thor did.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Nihilist
Surfer owns him easier than Thor did. He should yeah

carver9

I don't care what you think about me but in the "past", I seen so much talent with you and your debating style. The only thing you do now is spam Hulk threads.

As for the battle... If Thor can't beat Hulk, Surfer sure as hell wouldn't do any better.

Power Cosmic II
Why should I attempt to use reason when you've clearly given up on it? For a post of that type, laughter is the best response.

Thor is hurt and is going toe to toe with Surfer. I get it, you don't like what's happening, but stop pretending that you have any actual proof to support your stance.

If some hard evidence comes up you can make your case but so far, you're just being a butthurt Cosmic fan.

Worst case scenario? Thor's tougher than the Surfer but that's hardly newsworthy.

I don't know what you want me to say. Thor's an idiot, Fraction didn't think it through? Use whatever rationalization helps you sleep better at night.

I'm simply telling you what happened on panel. Thor relied on one of Mjolnir's most powerful aspects, it's Odin Force powered enchantment to take down the Thing. I know this hurts to hear, but Surfer would fair no better than Thing in that position.

Everyone from the Destroyer to Zeus has failed to overcome the return enchantment in the past. It's particularly powerful when Thor calls it to his hand as it's connected to his will/consciousness.

When the **** did me supporting my position ever mean giving up on reason? You're posting all those scans for absolutely no reason as if I stated that it was fact that Thor was unaffected from the wound. In other words, you're going through all this trouble just to get me to change my opinion of what's going to happen in the next issue. And you're calling me butthurt? Son, please. In case you haven't noticed, take the 10 foot pole out from your ass before it becomes permanently attached.

What I said in no way contradicts what was depicted on panel since all of that was said before the conflict, at which point actual hindrance from the wound SHOULD have come into play. And frankly I don't care that Thor is stalemating Surfer, but YOU care that he's doing so while "wounded." I'm sorry but if that's not the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know is. The fight is showing NO evidence of the gash effecting him. NONE at all. He felt it while standing still and groaned while Odin was doing his monologue but now in the fight he's spry as a chicken. It's YOU who wants to explain that away as bad writing. I'm of the opinion that it's leading up to a reveal in subsequent issue. But just because I reason something to happen and stay firm in my belief DOES NOT mean I can't reason that before corroboration from panel depictions/statements. And dude, you can keep using sophomoric terms like butthurt and shit, but you really haven't done anything more than try to impress on people that Thor really is doing this while wounded. Wow. Who you trying to convince kid?

cdtm
Basically, it comes down to this:

Thor's injured against surfer, and was injured against Hulk and Thing, and his injuries against Hulk and Thing seemed far worse, had more of an effect, and makes his feat of fending them off while in such sad shape even more impressive than matching Surfer, even if we can agree matching Surfer with an ill defined wound is still impressive in itself..

Nihilist
I don't care what you think about me but in the "past", I seen so much talent with you and your debating style. The only thing you do now is spam Hulk threads.

As for the battle... If Thor can't beat Hulk, Surfer sure as hell wouldn't do any better. Dont give a flying f*ck what you think, go cry somewhere else.

Surfer wins.

iceman24567
Basically, it comes down to this:

Thor's injured against surfer, and was injured against Hulk and Thing, and his injuries against Hulk and Thing seemed far worse, had more of an effect, and makes his feat of fending them off while in such sad shape even more impressive than matching Surfer, even if we can agree matching Surfer with an ill defined wound is still impressive in itself.. Nobody took into account that Thor fought various beings before facing the Worthy its not like Odin healed him before sending him back to midgard. Also Surfer going ham should beat Worthy Hulk hes hardly been impressive ...so far

Parmaniac
Originally posted by iceman24567
Also Surfer going ham should beat Worthy Hulk hes hardly been impressive ...so far thumb up

carver9
Nobody took into account that Thor fought various beings before facing the Worthy its not like Odin healed him before sending him back to midgard. Also Surfer going ham should beat Worthy Hulk hes hardly been impressive ...so far

I agree with this as well. The only thing Hulk was doing during the Thor fight was show casing his durability. I haven't really seen anything from him (even though I think he can take Surfer).

I guess when he is done with the vampire nation, we will see his capabilities.

h1a8
Surfer

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by h1a8
Surfer

thumb up

DarkOdin
Surfer 10/10

Thor who just took on a small army of the Serpents minions then get bfr in front. get BFR right in front of the 2 worthy managed to "mini spoiler" kill Ben then koed and BFR Hulk into space. Beat hulk A 100% Surfer should be him hands down.

Thor and Surfer are close enough on the same level despite who we would think is better. That if one of them weakened can take out Thing and Hulk. The other should have no problem opening up a good old can of whoop @%$

carver9
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Surfer 10/10

Thor who just took on a small army of the Serpents minions then get bfr in front. get BFR right in front of the 2 worthy managed to "mini spoiler" kill Ben then koed and BFR Hulk into space. Beat hulk A 100% Surfer should be him hands down.

Thor and Surfer are close enough on the same level despite who we would think is better. That if one of them weakened can take out Thing and Hulk. The other should have no problem opening up a good old can of whoop @%$

Put that scan up where Hulk was koed.

DarkOdin
Put that scan up where Hulk was koed. LOL your right the 2 panels of Hulk floating through space not moving might be it

Simbon
Not a lot of people know this, but Surfer has other abilities besides superstrength and his board. It happened a really long time ago, so no one really remembers, but in one of his earliest appearances he got this ability called "The Power Cosmic" (dumb name, I know) that allows him to manipulate matter and energy. Anyway, he's used it a couple of times to pull some odd wins, and it might help out here.

cdtm
Originally posted by Simbon
Not a lot of people know this, but Surfer has other abilities besides superstrength and his board. It happened a really long time ago, so no one really remembers, but in one of his earliest appearances he got this ability called "The Power Cosmic" (dumb name, I know) that allows him to manipulate matter and energy. Anyway, he's used it a couple of times to pull some odd wins, and it might help out here.

I don't know, man. This Power.. cosmic?.. is so rarely used, it's either a forgotten power, or PIS he ever had it in the first place..

iceman24567
Whats a power cosmic?

celeyhyga17
Whats a power cosmic?

Not sure... urban legend maybe?

confused

Simbon
Don't get me wrong -- I know it probably wouldn't work in a comic; but in-forum it seems like a viable strategy, since we allow so many other characters to use abilities they've only shown a few times. Just a thought.

SuperiorTech

Hulk has a power to it's getting really mad hitting people and they don't get back up. stick out tongue

psycho gundam

and while we're on this topic: the same CIS/CIP (or just warrior ethic) thor displays when he chooses to fight hulk, surfer for the large part doesn't even entertain the fact that hulk can beat him down like so:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulksurfer.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulksurfer2.jpghttp://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/hulksurfer3.jpg

this worthy hulk just looks like savage hulk with a hammer, costume change, and bilingual status.

Black bolt z
Worthy Hulk/Surfer>Thor me thinks.

TheLordofMurder
The Silver Surfer should be able to defeat Worthy Hulk a dozen different ways...just like Thor could.

If "the fix" isnt in, Worthy Hulk shouldnt be able to lay a hand on Surfer; at the very least the Surfer should be able to beat Worthy Hulk via BFR every single time..

Thor>Silver Surfer>Worthy Hulk>Savage Hulk...

Silver Surfer 10/10 vs Worthy Hulk....

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder

God damn right.

carver9
The Silver Surfer should be able to defeat Worthy Hulk a dozen different ways...just like Thor could.

If "the fix" isnt in, Worthy Hulk shouldnt be able to lay a hand on Surfer; at the very least the Surfer should be able to beat Worthy Hulk via BFR every single time..

The same owe people that tend to discredit all of Hulk fts.

cdtm
The same owe people that tend to discredit all of Hulk fts.

Such as?

And why wouldn't Surfer be able to affect Hulk with his Power Cosmic? No matter how strong he gets, we're not talkiing about PC Validus or Thanos level durability.. Mad regen, maybe, but not true invulnerability.

That means his body isn't impervious to cosmic manipulation.. Say, if Sersi wanted to turn World War Hulk into a cabbage, he'd be turned into a cabbage (Unless he's displayed resistance even remotely close to Sersi's level..)

psycho gundam
his healing will eventually fix it, cause it's molecular rearrangement after all

gray hulk overcoming gray gargoyle's stone touch:

http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/4379/49962530.th.jpghttp://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4240/11746362.th.jpghttp://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2576/86133374.th.jpghttp://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6342/82076345.th.jpg
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/8144/19704169.th.jpg

and of coarse that was only the gray version

Mindset
What if he's turned into a cabbage and she eats him really fast?

psycho gundam
just replace banner with sersi in the fallowing picture, and add a pool of blood with sersi's clothes in it

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/bannershit.jpg

Zack Fair

dmills
Thor beats Norrin, Norrin beats Hulk, Hulk beats Thor has got to be the longest running meme in Marvel history.

Rage.Of.Olympus

The Sorrow
Just don't believe Surfer has the damage output to take this Hulk out and he can resist transmutation via his healing factor.
Surfer could possibly net cheap wins via bfr though.

DickBlazer
Worthy hulk >SS (the real one)>Thor

Batman-Prime
Silver Surfer = Thor >= Worthy Hulk

grinning

Power Cosmic II

Stoic

BFR? They can be BFR'ed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.