Nova & Starhawk vs Mongul w Rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
I'm actually guessing SH is not of much use here, but meh.

Fight in Rann.

If Mongul wins too easily change SH for Adam Warlock.

dmills
Team smashed him.

Bentley
hehe, I just noticed I put Starhawk instead of Darkhawk who was my original thought.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Bentley
hehe, I just noticed I put Starhawk instead of Darkhawk who was my original thought.

Uahaha...

Prep-Man
Probably Mongul. He took on the entire GLC team which was about 6 or so memebers.

Nihilist
Team wins.

Nova could take him solo.

dmills
Originally posted by Bentley

LOL! Yeah I was going to say that Nova and Starhawk together would crush dude. Nova and Powell will prove a bit more challenging, but I'm still confident that they can take it as GLs nowadays (at least from my limited experience with GL corps) seem to stick to blasting things and making constructs as opposed to using the more exotic abilities of the rings. That's right up this teams alley.

What a lot of people don't know about Chris Powell is dude has actually compiled a pretty damn impressive resume over the years as Darkhawk. And this new revamped version is a fusion of both cosmic and magical elements.

Prep-Man
Darkhawk is an automatic loss. He hasn't really done anything a GL cant do. Mongul was a beast with the rings.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by dmills

What a lot of people don't know about Chris Powell is dude has actually compiled a pretty damn impressive resume over the years as Darkhawk. And this new revamped version is a fusion of both cosmic and magical elements.

thumbup1

Omega Vision
Ring Mongul was beating Johns!Sinestro pretty badly until Sinestro exploited the yellow rings' failsafe. Johns!Sinestro who pwned the Weaponer.

I know nothing about Starhawk and very little about Nova, but Ring Mongul is probably Low Trans.

dmills
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Ring Mongul was beating Johns!Sinestro pretty badly until Sinestro exploited the yellow rings' failsafe. Johns!Sinestro who pwned the Weaponer.

I know nothing about Starhawk and very little about Nova, but Ring Mongul is probably Low Trans.

Well if you're placing him at trans then that's obviously a different story. But out of curiousity why do you say John's Sinestro who pwned the Weaponeer when it was Bedard who wrote that arc?

Omega Vision
Well if you're placing him at trans then that's obviously a different story. But out of curiousity why do you say John's Sinestro who pwned the Weaponeer when it was Bedard who wrote that arc?
Obviously because I forgot that Bedard was the writer. uhuh

embarrasment

I guess I should say Current Sinestro, but Sinestro has gotten a big push since Johns started to write him.

dmills
Obviously because I forgot that Bedard was the writer. uhuh

embarrasment

I guess I should say Current Sinestro, but Sinestro has gotten a big push since Johns started to write him.

laughing No worries man! Johns is currently writing the main GL title correct? If GLC is meant to be ancillary to GL then it stands to reason that Bedard would follow Johns' vision of the character. However if GLC is meant to stand on its own than I would assume that Bedard is free to pursue his own vision for the character.

celeyhyga17

To be honest, Weaponer wasn't all that... They gave him the initial wow factor with the whole white light thing, but got put back down to earth when a real vet came to play (Sinestro). Him surprising the GLC like that was a little PISish considering one of them was Ganthet fer cryin out loud.

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
To be honest, Weaponer wasn't all that... They gave him the initial wow factor with the whole white light thing, but got put back down to earth when a real vet came to play (Sinestro). Him surprising the GLC like that was a little PISish considering one of them was Ganthet fer cryin out loud.

HEY! Don't you dare associate the phrase PIS with a Tony Bedard written story mad stick out tongue

celeyhyga17
HEY! Don't you dare associate the phrase PIS with a Tony Bedard written story mad stick out tongue

PIS PIS PIS PIS PIS PIS PIS!!!!

what title has he done that u seem to be a fan of? I kinda like Emperor Aquaman from him...

dmills
PIS PIS PIS PIS PIS PIS PIS!!!!

what title has he done that u seem to be a fan of? I kinda like Emperor Aquaman from him...

He gave us Negation. Its the only cosmic/super hero military sci-fi story that comes close to matching or even surpassing Annihilation on some levels. I've followed his work ever since he left crossgen.

Prep-Man
the qwardians have been a big deal before. their most basic weapons have been able to stagger the likes of superman. their tech has been able to bend space and time with ease. weponer only upgraded his inventory with the white light. so yeah he is a contendar.

Omega Vision
He prepped specifically for Ganthet for the stated reason that Ganthet was so powerful that if he didn't take him out fast Ganthet would have crushed him. That was what the implication was. After all later on Ganthet was fighting dozens of possessed Lanterns at once.

But Weaponer was pretty solid, defeating him with the ease that Sinestro did is no small feat.

I'd say current Sinestro would be in the upper crust of Heralds atm, so Ring Mongul being his clear superior should tell you something.

Slaanesh
Mongul 10/10..he's just more powerful..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.