The Atom (Palmer) vs Hank Pym (Current)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
hmmm..... standard dome-type setting.

JakeTheBank
Pym

Prep-Man
in a straight up fight, id favor atom. hes better at shrinking than hank. in a prep battle, its a toss up. both are extremely intelligent.

Harbinger
Hank.

Badabing
Atom...just because Pr is a Pym fan. sneer

vansonbee
Originally posted by Prep-Man
in a straight up fight, id favor atom. hes better at shrinking than hank. in a prep battle, its a toss up. both are extremely intelligent. I agree in a situation, where both are the same size, Atom would whoop Pym, until Pym yells out "Scientist Supreme!" and KOing Atom for the win.

There nothing special about both of them shrinking, but I think Pym can shrink way smaller than a atom and the Atom.

the ninjak
I remember when I was the only guy who rooted for Pym. What 4 months ago.

Now everybody loves the guy. Good to see.

Oh yeah...SCIENTIST SUPREME FTW!

CosmicComet
Haters gonna hate.

Pym gonna Pym.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by vansonbee I agree in a situation, where both are the same size, Atom would whoop Pym, until Pym yells out "Scientist Supreme!" and KOing Atom for the win. There nothing special about both of them shrinking, but I think Pym can shrink way smaller than a atom and the Atom.

i think ray has better shrinking feats. like riding on photons or through telephone lines. he has some high end scientific feats like building a machine that would pluck the perfect being to ko supes.

vansonbee
i think ray has better shrinking feats. like riding on photons or through telephone lines. he has some high end scientific feats like building a machine that would pluck the perfect being to ko supes. Ironically, Pym also has a small work desk to prep during battle, back in the days, when the Avengers were battling.

Riding photons are cool, but thats a different set of abilities than Pym. Pym means of travel is by walking a door and walking through it.

Prep-Man
palmer has also slipped through the cracks of reality, thus travelling through the multiverse and has defeated the hourman virus in dc 1m, which no other hero could do.

Cogito
palmer has also slipped through the cracks of reality, thus travelling through the multiverse and has defeated the hourman virus in dc 1m, which no other hero could do.

He also discovered the Palmer-verse...a whole universe at a subatomic level.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Atom...just because Pr is a Pym fan. sneer

You better check yourself before you end up like Janet.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-

thumb up

SuperiorTech
I like Pym but have come to realize they will never let him move on from what happened to Janet or at least not move on for very long it gets tiring.

-Pr-
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I like Pym but have come to realize they will never let him move on from what happened to Janet or at least not move on for very long it gets tiring.

Dan Slott tried, only for dickhead Bendis to ruin it all.

the ninjak
Originally posted by SuperiorTech

Watcha talkin bout!

He's screwing Tigra, running a school and is pulling mad feats.
Dan Slott tried, only for dickhead Bendis to ruin it all.

Slott is a genius. He should just beat the crap out of Bendis and show him who's boss.

Bentley
Screwing Tigra is a low feat for current Pym!

Originally posted by the ninjak
I remember when I was the only guy who rooted for Pym. What 4 months ago.

Now everybody loves the guy. Good to see.

Oh yeah...SCIENTIST SUPREME FTW!

I've always been an unrepentant Pym fan ahah

the ninjak
Originally posted by Bentley
Screwing Tigra is a low feat for current Pym!
All he has to choose from is a robot, a furry and a couple of tweens.

He's done the robot, he's just playing the field.

-Pr-
Did the real Pym ever get to bang Tigra?

vansonbee
Did the real Pym ever get to bang Tigra? No, A skrull Pym did alien

But she felt the same shape and endure Pym bastard personality, close enough eh?

Now they're having working relationship so far in the comics. Trigra might have some phobia about Hank now (alien version).

-Pr-
Originally posted by vansonbee
No, A skrull Pym did alien

But she felt the same shape and endure Pym bastard personality, close enough eh?

Now they're having working relationship so far in the comics. Trigra might have some phobia about Hank now (alien version).

Ah ok. I haven't really read him since the real one came back. That hypocritical **** Bendis ruined it for me.

CosmicComet
bendis is a cancer

pym-ftw
Bump because F*** Bendis

Golgo13
I think it's a toss up. Ray Palmer is definitely one of the best prep masters in comics from pre-flashpoint feats, with awesome shrinking tech.

pym-ftw
How can he deal with Pym's Bio blaster?

Golgo13
I'm not going to go through each individual showing of Pym, but he's preped for cosmic level threats, so I think he could do the same to Pym.

pym-ftw
There isn't prep here...

Mindset
You better check yourself before you end up like Janet. lmao

Golgo13
Originally posted by pym-ftw
There isn't prep here...

In a fight, I don't see how Pym could even locate Palmer. He was so small, he once slipped through the cracks of reality in Countdown/.

pym-ftw
Pym has both shrunk & grown outside the 616, he built a house in the former.

Golgo13
Still going with Palmer with prep.

beatboks
Originally posted by vansonbee
I agree in a situation, where both are the same size, Atom would whoop Pym, until Pym yells out "Scientist Supreme!" and KOing Atom for the win.

There nothing special about both of them shrinking, but I think Pym can shrink way smaller than a atom and the Atom.

You are aware that Ray Palmer can shrink WAAAAAAAY smaller than an atom right. he had an entire mini series called sword of the atom where he lived in a tribal society that existed in a universe that was no larger than an Atom ( that is the universe wasn't, the worlds of which there were millions were MUUUUUUCH smaller than an atom, and he was a being on one of those millions of worlds)

TrevorPhillipss
Originally posted by Golgo13
Still going with Palmer with prep. I agree but I think it's a random fight.

pym-ftw
How is this a random fight? They are very similar characters

Golgo13
Probably a straight up battle. No prep involved.

pym-ftw
Derp... I thought Trevor was just saying the fight was odd, but yes there is no prep..

Sort of.

Henry_Pym
Bump for Golgo.

Supermex

lol

carver9
Pym has better fts all around.

Golgo13
Originally posted by beatboks
You are aware that Ray Palmer can shrink WAAAAAAAY smaller than an atom right. he had an entire mini series called sword of the atom where he lived in a tribal society that existed in a universe that was no larger than an Atom ( that is the universe wasn't, the worlds of which there were millions were MUUUUUUCH smaller than an atom, and he was a being on one of those millions of worlds)

This. Could go either way. Palmer has some insane feats.

Henry_Pym
Pym has shrunk out of are universe to the universe below (microverse) he then shrunk past that into Underspace and built a mansion in it.

Pym can literally warp space time with just his shrink/growing tech.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Pym has shrunk out of are universe to the universe below (microverse) he then shrunk past that into Underspace and built a mansion in it.

Pym can literally warp space time with just his shrink/growing tech.

So has Palmer. Which is why it's a tossup. Countdown: Search for Ray Palmer.

Henry_Pym
No. Ray fell through a dimension, Pym fell through 2 layers and built a home for all avengers in it.

Kinda major differences in scope.

leonidas
ray has shrink as far as it is possible to shrink in the dcu. no one is shrinking smaller than the other in a neutral battlefield. ray's huge advantage is that he can control his density--that is he can shift his mass to his fists (preboot) and so can hit a hell of a lot harder than pym can when it comes to h2h.

Henry_Pym
Pym through the Giant Absorbing man... He was skyscraper sized.

Pym isn't a Brick either, he can fly and carries multiple weapons.

Golgo13
No. Ray fell through a dimension, Pym fell through 2 layers and built a home for all avengers in it.

Kinda major differences in scope.

He slipped through the cracks of the multiverse. Not just some random dimension. Like leo said, nobody is going to outshrink the other. It's pretty even when it comes to shrinking tech.

Henry_Pym
Ok, just to move this along

How can he deal with Flight, Supersized class 100 opponents, energy blasts, technopathy that is on or above Ultron's level, ... I'll stop there for now.

abhilegend
Ray shrinks Pym to the size of a photon who explodes after two minutes.

Golgo13
Ok, just to move this along

How can he deal with Flight, Supersized class 100 opponents, energy blasts, technopathy that is on or above Ultron's level, ... I'll stop there for now.

I think if Palmer can solve the Hourman virus (853 century), when even Superman 1M said nobody could do. Superman 1M was also a super genius, of course. I think he can overcome technopathy.

Henry_Pym
How? That's like saying because Tony Stark built a suit of armor cape able of fighting an amped Thor he can cure Aids...

Golgo13
How? That's like saying because Tony Stark built a suit of armor cape able of fighting an amped Thor he can cure Aids...

Because the virus was taking over everything (machine and humans) over at a global scale and beyond. Sort of like technopathy. If he can conqueror that, he can conqueror technopathy, which he has also created.

Henry_Pym
1 program from the Diamond killed Galactus and met God.

Golgo13
Ok.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Ray has better shrinking feats but Pym is the scientist supreme... Hmmm

Henry_Pym
Glad we agree Golgo.

Golgo13
So, it's pretty much a tossup with prep. I see Ray winning the sleight majority, though.

Henry_Pym

Killed an Abstract and forced its way into true heaven.

Golgo13
Palmer prevented all of creation from being destroyed. And helped take down the Quantum Mechanics who are>>5-D Imps.

Henry_Pym
God > multiverse

Golgo13
When did he take down god?

Henry_Pym
Avengers A.I.

Demitrios (however you spell it) rode a dying Galactus into a portal to heaven and met Allah in the form of a bald parrot (some Arabic proverb they kept bringing up in the story)

Golgo13
So, how did Pym beat God?

Henry_Pym
Pym wasn't there it's just an A.I. From the Diamond.

He ended time, it's whats killing the Marvel Universe.

Golgo13
Ok. Still stand by my opinion. Obviously two super geniuses with the power to out prep the other.

Henry_Pym
It's not really shown the battle but Dimitrios's stated goal was killing everyone and now it's happening.

Marvel cancelled the comic early though so in an effort to be completely transparent the incursions going on now haven't been directly linked to this, but it's the only thing that makes sense of this storyline.

Supermex
Hank Pym. Both have similar shrinking (They can both turn subatomic, Marvel just has the microverse to fall into) but that's not how they win the fight because they won't be able to find each other. Hank can grow bigger and stronger and when he's small he has the range with stinger blasts and flight advantage

Golgo13
Originally posted by Supermex
Hank Pym. Both have similar shrinking (They can both turn subatomic, Marvel just has the microverse to fall into) but that's not how they win the fight because they won't be able to find each other. Hank can grow bigger and stronger and when he's small he has the range with stinger blasts and flight advantage

Palmer wouldn't be affected by those attacks.

Supermex
Originally posted by Golgo13
Palmer wouldn't be affected by those attacks.

Why not? Now ur going to tell me that Atom and Hank both have hulk like durability? I don't think so.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Supermex
Why not? Now ur going to tell me that Atom and Hank both have hulk like durability? I don't think so.

He's able to shrink down so low, energy type attacks don't affect him. They just phase right through him.

DarkSaint85
Lol.

Starting distance is 500m.

They both shrink.

That starting distance might as well be 10,0000km.

They stalemate hunting each other.

Rezactic
Palmer in a prep battle
Toss up with no prep

Scoobless
Originally posted by leonidas
ray has shrink as far as it is possible to shrink in the dcu. no one is shrinking smaller than the other in a neutral battlefield. ray's huge advantage is that he can control his density--that is he can shift his mass to his fists (preboot) and so can hit a hell of a lot harder than pym can when it comes to h2h.

Does Palmer maintain full sized strength at tiny sizes?

Pym has a plethora of weapons stashed in his outfit, doesn't need to rely on fisting his foes like Ray does.

How often do you guys use "plethora" and "fisting" in the same sentence? (Probably a lot, freakin' perverts)

riv6672
^^^post of the day!

Any advantage Ray has in his mass/striking is offset by Pym's weaponry, flight, growth, and (i call it) remote shrinking abilitiies. Ray is over powered here.

tkitna
Pym, but it would be no small feat. (nudge, nudge)

beatboks
not sure who wins, my knowledge of Pym is limited to early Avengers (up to around #140) and West Coast. Of those eras he pretty much matched palmer of the same.

Does Pym however have feats to match palmers highest end ones. Like stopping a multiversal destructive in 52 (IIRC alternate palmer of earth 52 was the one who caused the threat)

Also I vaguely recall Choi shrinking below sub Quantum level. Granted not sure Palmer can but it did use his gear. Also Palmer has altered the "molecular rate" of himself and the JLA so that what seemed like weeks shrunken was only hours.

Best feat I recall for Pym was beating Loki's magic with science.

Delta1938

So you're the abuser in the domestic partnership? vin

Henry_Pym
Originally posted by beatboks
not sure who wins, my knowledge of Pym is limited to early Avengers (up to around #140) and West Coast. Of those eras he pretty much matched palmer of the same.

Does Pym however have feats to match palmers highest end ones. Like stopping a multiversal destructive in 52 (IIRC alternate palmer of earth 52 was the one who caused the threat)

Also I vaguely recall Choi shrinking below sub Quantum level. Granted not sure Palmer can but it did use his gear. Also Palmer has altered the "molecular rate" of himself and the JLA so that what seemed like weeks shrunken was only hours.

Best feat I recall for Pym was beating Loki's magic with science. Pym's best prep feats outside of 1v1 wins over guys like Reed, would probably be feats involving Ultron. He "killed" it following AoU, though the last scene of A.I. suggested he may come back at some point.

Pym's shrinking tech also has some wacky applications like when he was shrinking "explosions out of existence" which would indicate incredible shrinking speed. To the best of my knowledge though it hasn't been shown on panel how he does it, but AI showed him with miniaturized Pym particle fed black holes so that's a possibility.

Golgo13
DCnU Palmer definitely isn't going to hurt in the resource department. SHADE has some of the best weapons/tech in the universe.

Henry_Pym
What is Ray's H2H like? Pym is probably roughly around Cyclops level.

Golgo13
What is Ray's H2H like? Pym is probably roughly around Cyclops level.

Palmer is also an excellent hth fighter.

Henry_Pym
What's his training?

Golgo13
He's trained in both hth and with swords, thanks to the tribe he discovered back in his main series. So, he also had knowledge of weapons too.

riv6672
Yeah i'll give Ray a slight edge in h2h. He's actually pretty good!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.