Who is the weakest character who can beat Loki...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
Who is the weakest character that can beat Loki when he fights like he did against Surtur during The Surtur Saga?

The character in question must be capable of beating Loki every single time (as in 10/10) when Loki fights like he did in the scan below...

Edit: Who besides Thor is the weakest that can beat him every single time when he fights like this?

Endless Mike
Thor

TheLordofMurder
Yeah...that is the obvious answer; ok, who is the weakest besides Thor?

Lord Feron
Wonder Woman?

Sr J-Bieb
Wolverine

CosmicComet
Surfer

zopzop
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Surfer

They fought before and Surfer couldn't put Loki down (it was a while ago though).

Aside from Thor, I think I'm going with Wonder Woman too, she was custom made to take on beings like Loki.

If we are stuck with Marvel characters only, I'd probably go with Magik II (Amanda Sefton), she took the fight to Mephisto in his own hell and had him dead to rights before the fight was interrupted. Thing is, she didn't even go there to fight but to warn him. So I imagine a determined Magik II would beat Loki every time, that Soul Sword is magic being kryptonite.

JakeTheBank
You guys think Thor, Diana, and Surfer could beat that Loki every single time?

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
You guys think Thor, Diana, and Surfer could beat that Loki every single time?

Thor : hell yes, Diana : hell yes, Surfer : hell no. They already fought and Surfer couldn't do anything to him (but like I said it was a WHILE ago).

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer overpowered Loki and Loki was like "Bro, you're the guy I need!"

So...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by zopzop
Thor : hell yes, Diana : hell yes, Surfer : hell no. They already fought and Surfer couldn't do anything to him (but like I said it was a WHILE ago).

I'd give Thor a majority and to a lesser extent Diana, but I don't see them stomping Loki 10/10.

zopzop
@Sr J-Bieb

I could have sworn he was just testing Surfer and had him dead to rights before stopping the fight. It's in the Loki respect thread. Let me find it.

Simbon
Loki did not have him dead to rights; Surfer was clearly more powerful, and that was when Surfer was stuck on Earth -- his power levels were not even remotely close to what they are now.

Regardless, Thor would not get 10/10 against this Loki, nor would anyone else who has been named so far. You have to go trans.

Mindset
Genis

Black bolt z
Classic Strange?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Classic Strange? lol

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Simbon
Regardless, Thor would not get 10/10 against this Loki, nor would anyone else who has been named so far. You have to go trans.

thumb up

Nihilist
Full confidence Gladiator takes a easy 10/10

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Nihilist
Full confidence Gladiator takes a easy 10/10

Carv's Gladiator, maybe.

TheLordofMurder
Loki, as he fought Surtur, was fighting very intelligently; he utilized his illusions to confuse Surtur (and if they were good enough to fool him, I am sure they would be effective against Cosmic Awareness), utilized ranged attacks, and kept flying...

When fighting like this, I honestly dont think Wonder Woman, Gladiator, Surfer, or Magic II could beat him a perfect 10/10...

Nihilist
Carv's Gladiator, maybe. Carver's/H1a8's=full confidence

JakeTheBank
Carver's/H1a8's=full confidence

lol

God, I hate that stupid "full confidence" myth.

Philosophía
Batman.

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Loki, as he fought Surtur, was fighting very intelligently; he utilized his illusions to confuse Surtur (and if they were good enough to fool him, I am sure they would be effective against Cosmic Awareness), utilized ranged attacks, and kept flying...

When fighting like this, I honestly dont think Wonder Woman, Gladiator, Surfer, or Magic II could beat him a perfect 10/10...

Magik II was about to own Mephisto in his hell that's pretty impressive seeing as how he's fought Galactus to a standstill there. Her Soul Sword is custom made to annihilate magic spells, absorb magical energy, and kill magical creatures. That's not even including her other abilities like Stepping Discs and other magical abilities. IMHO she could do it, assuming PIS/CIS is off of course.

TheLordofMurder
Surtur was forced to destroy all of Loki's illusions to beat him here; the character that could beat Loki a perfect 10 under these conditions would almost certainly have to possess the ability to either see through high end illusions or have the ability to negate magic...

Thses are abilities that most characters do not possess...

Nihilist
lol

God, I hate that stupid "full confidence" myth. Just like i hate the "has Skyfather power now"

Nihilist
Surtur was forced to destroy all of Loki's illusions to beat him here; the character that could beat Loki a perfect 10 under these conditions would almost certainly have to possess the ability to either see through high end illusions or have the ability to negate magic...

Thses are abilities that most characters do not possess... Chumpocalyspe saw through Loki's illusions...

TheLordofMurder
Magik II was about to own Mephisto in his hell that's pretty impressive seeing as how he's fought Galactus to a standstill there. Her Soul Sword is custom made to annihilate magic spells, absorb magical energy, and kill magical creatures. That's not even including her other abilities like Stepping Discs and other magical abilities. IMHO she could do it, assuming PIS/CIS is off of course.

If she could negate his spells (I dont know that sword could do that) then yeah, it would probaly have to be her...

Although I must ask, do you think she could reach him if he kept flying and utilizing ranged attacks?

JakeTheBank

Thor can dispel illusions from Loki and Diana can do the same.

Either way, just getting around his illusions won't be enough to beat Loki 10/10.

zopzop

Magik II fits that description perfectly. Her Soul Sword is magic kryptonite and can even affect intangible opponents. Her Promethium Armor is powerful enough to even shield her from her own Soul Sword so she's got durability there. He also better not fire off any spells at her, because he'd be asking for trouble.

TheLordofMurder
Chumpocalyspe saw through Loki's illusions...

He may have (and thats undoubtably a low showing for Loki's illusions), but most characters shouldnt be able to seeing how Loki has fooled Skyfather level characters with his illusions...

zopzop
If she could negate his spells (I dont know that sword could do that) then yeah, it would probaly have to be her...

Although I must ask, do you think she could reach him if he kept flying and utilizing ranged attacks?

Yes it can. The Sword is ridiculously uber when it comes to dealing with magic and magical foes. And like I said don't forget her armor, which was powerful enough to shield her from her own Soul Sword.

She's a sorceress amped further by becoming Queen of Limbo (she guards the Splinter Realms from incursions from the Outer Void). As Queen she has access to the "stepping discs" they allow her to TP instantly anywhere she wants. These things work even outside Limbo (as demonstrated when she fought Mephisto in his own hell).

zopzop
He may have (and thats undoubtably a low showing for Loki's illusions), but most characters shouldnt be able to seeing how Loki has fooled Skyfather level characters with his illusions...

Surtur isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer though.

TheLordofMurder
Magik II fits that description perfectly. Her Soul Sword is magic kryptonite and can even affect intangible opponents. Her Promethium Armor is powerful enough to even shield her from her own Soul Sword so she's got durability there. He also better not fire off any spells at her, because he'd be asking for trouble.

Ok, you sold me... smile

What does she Tier btw?

zopzop
Ok, you sold me... smile

What does she Tier btw?

Depends really. She was custom made to kill mages and magical creatures. I don't think she'd do squat vs high herald type cosmics, her Soul Sword for sure won't. She'd have to rely on her spells and stepping discs. So it would depend on how well her foes fair against medium-high level magic attacks/spells.

I could post some scans. The Mephisto one was impressive.

TheLordofMurder
Surtur isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer though.

Might have to go digging through my old comics; if I remember correctly, he's (albeit temporarily) fooled Odin before as well...

TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

You think she's the weakest who could beat Loki 10/10 under these conditions?

zopzop
@zopzop

You think she's the weakest who could beat Loki 10/10 under these conditions?

No one else comes to mind. Like you said, Loki is a badass mage. You are gonna need something that negates the magic advantage to beat him. That Soul Sword..........., I mean, Mephisto in his own hell feared it.

Sin I AM
darwin

zopzop
Originally posted by Sin I AM
darwin
Because of the "Hela incident"?

jalek moye
Thor can dispel illusions from Loki and Diana can do the same.

Either way, just getting around his illusions won't be enough to beat Loki 10/10.

Pretty much, the illusions aren't even loki's most dangerous ability

Sin I AM
he did pawn her rather easily

Nihilist
Butterball

zopzop
Butterball

He said beat Loki, not act as his eternal punching bag.

zopzop
he did pawn her rather easily

I cried cry. The writer should be kicked in the nuts.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by jalek moye
Pretty much, the illusions aren't even loki's most dangerous ability

Thats very true, but if a character cant effectively deal with the illusions (when Loki uses them as he did in the OP), then that character would have no chance of winning right off the bat...

TheLordofMurder
He said beat Loki, not act as his eternal punching bag.

thumb up

And I am sure Loki could BFR him; create a portal leading somewhere else, but make an illusion of the portal being himself standing in place talking crap...

Butterball charges at him and ends up BFR'ed!

smile

zopzop
thumb up

And I am sure Loki could BFR him; create a portal leading somewhere else, but make an illusion of the portal being himself standing in place talking crap...

Butterball charges at him and ends up BFR'ed!

smile

Or worse, buried alive. Imagine if Loki buried him under a few tons of earth? What would he do? No superhuman powers other than invulnerability; that would be his tomb for eternity.

TheLordofMurder
Or worse, buried alive. Imagine if Loki buried him under a few tons of earth? What would he do? No superhuman powers other than invulnerability; that would be his tomb for eternity.

thumb up

Sin I AM
I cried cry. The writer should be kicked in the nuts.

what do u expect, he's a mutie wit duex es powers...its only a matter of principle that he pawns a god.

id like to see Nate take a whack at him

Nihilist
He said beat Loki, not act as his eternal punching bag. He would annoy him so much Loki would kill himself 10/10

zopzop
He would annoy him so much Loki would kill himself 10/10

LOL

Sin I AM
oh and since im utterly bored

sinestro
sersi/circe
raven.........maybe
dc ares

JakeTheBank
oh and since im utterly bored

sinestro
sersi/circe
raven.........maybe
dc ares

Sinestro wouldn't beat him 10/10. Not without the White Entity amp.

Sersi wouldn't beat him 10/10, either. Circe would have to be amped to beat him 10/10.

A regular Raven wouldn't beat him 10/10, either.

DC Ares sounds about right.

Sin I AM
Sinestro wouldn't beat him 10/10. Not without the White Entity amp.

Sersi wouldn't beat him 10/10, either. Circe would have to be amped to beat him 10/10.

A regular Raven wouldn't beat him 10/10, either.

DC Ares sounds about right.

i did say maybe for raven, and i think both sersi/circe are greater imo but maybe not 10/10 great

hmmmmmmmmmmm 10/10 lets see Alan Scott, Hank Henshaw, Ghost Rider, Dracula, Zatanna, Dr. Fate

i still stand by my Sinestro, i think your giving Loki too much credit. a non-jobbing BA or CM should beat him 10/10 as well...

zopzop
a non-jobbing BA or CM should beat him 10/10 as well...
thumb up

JakeTheBank
i did say maybe for raven, and i think both sersi/circe are greater imo but maybe not 10/10 great

hmmmmmmmmmmm 10/10 lets see Alan Scott, Hank Henshaw, Ghost Rider, Dracula, Zatanna, Dr. Fate

i still stand by my Sinestro, i think your giving Loki too much credit. a non-jobbing BA or CM should beat him 10/10 as well...

10/10 is a pretty strong statement to make, against any character, though. Alan Scott without his wood weakness ala Sentinel would get a hefty majority against Loki. 10/10 stomp? Personally, I wouldn't say so, but I wouldn't be offended if someone said it was possible. Henshaw, being a robot with Kryptonian DNA, I don't see matching up well against a magic user of Loki's caliber. Conversely, Loki would have a hard time making Hank stay down for the count, but I don't see Hank walking away 10/10 on Loki. Ghost Rider? Depends on whether or not he's "unbound" imo. Drac, I don't see 10/10. Sure as heck don't see Z beating Loki 10/10. The uber Fate incarnations can do it.

I just don't see Lanterns (aside from Alan) being good match ups against versatile mages such as Loki, especially current Lanterns who aren't very versatile at all. And a fairly straight forward brick like CM or BA can't beat a guy who literally does not have to engage them physically to combat them. Why would he when he can phase, make multiple copies, spam ranged attacks, and do all of this at once?

Loki's not known for his power or combat acumen - at least when compared to his guile, cunning, and plotting, but in a forum setting where he's actually fighting, he's pretty tough.

TheLordofMurder

Interesting character choices...

IMHO, Sinestro has all the tools needed except the ability to deal with the illusions (to my knowledge atleast); unless he has some sure fire way to get around this, I cant see him winning 10/10...

Same goes for Alan Scott, Henshaw, Black Adam, and Captain Marvel...

Doctor Fate (and I am thinking Classic Dr Fate here; not sure what his current power level/durability stands at) definitely wins 10/10 IMHO...

Zatanna lacks the durability to withstand Loki's assault...

Dracula and Ghost Rider, not sure about; I am leaning towards Loki in both though...

jalek moye
Also Thor has a hard time against Loki a lot of times even with Mjolnir being great against that kind of character. He isn't some push over against him.

Sin I AM
As far as CM/BA Loki with his illusion casting, teleporting will only delay the outcome of the battle, he will NOT be able to keep it up forever. And therein lies his defeat every single time, his spells would only serve to enrage BA/CM and with their speed, strength and magically amped strikes, they will prove too much for him. In the end it will all boil down to Lokis high-end durability feats...which to my knowledge he has none.

TheLordofMurder
As far as CM/BA Loki with his illusion casting, teleporting will only delay the outcome of the battle, he will NOT be able to keep it up forever. And therein lies his defeat every single time, his spells would only serve to enrage BA/CM and with their speed, strength and magically amped strikes, they will prove too much for him. In the end it will all boil down to Lokis high-end durability feats...which to my knowledge he has none.

If they cant deal with the illusions, how will they ever lay a hand on him? Surtur only beat him because he could negate magic and destroy the illusions...

And all the while Loki will be picking his spots and damaging them; they cant withstand Loki's hit and run tactics forever either...

Since they will be taking damage and Loki wont be taking any (maybe a lucky shot here and there at best), I'd say that they run out of gas 1st...

Badabing
Everyone over the past 3 pages received a warning...except for Sin and mods.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Badabing
Everyone over the past 3 pages received a warning...except for Sin and mods.

Recieved a warning for what?

There hasnt been any flaming or unpleasantness going on in this thread...

Sin I AM
If they cant deal with the illusions, how will they ever lay a hand on him? Surtur only beat him because he could negate magic and destroy the illusions...

And all the while Loki will be picking his spots and damaging them; they cant withstand Loki's hit and run tactics forever either...

Since they will be taking damage and Loki wont be taking any (maybe a lucky shot here and there at best), I'd say that they run out of gas 1st...

again your giving Loki TOO much credit, the Surtur incident is not an everyday loki, and it was pis(y) to me that he could not outright just see through those illusions. If Lokis not blitzed off the bat, he's have to continue to phase/shapeshift/blast/teleport/run...in order to aoid fisticuffs with teth/billy and all they need imo is 1 hit from either lightning or fists to get him in the type of fight they excel at

TheLordofMurder
again your giving Loki TOO much credit, the Surtur incident is not an everyday loki, and it was pis(y) to me that he could not outright just see through those illusions.

Very true, this isnt everday Loki, but the OP does state who can beat him 10/10 when fights precisely as he did against Surtur...

As for Surtur seeing through the illusions, Loki has fooled Odin as well as "all seeing" Heimdall before with his illusions; Loki is very very powerful as pertains illusion...IMHO, there was nothing PIS'y about that incident.

Badabing
Recieved a warning for what?

There hasnt been any flaming or unpleasantness going on in this thread... I wasn't serious. durpalm

TheLordofMurder
I wasn't serious. durpalm

Doh!

smile

JakeTheBank
I wasn't serious. durpalm

sneer

Damn right you weren't.

Sin I AM
Very true, this isnt everday Loki, but the OP does state who can beat him 10/10 when fights precisely as he did against Surtur...

As for Surtur seeing through the illusions, Loki has fooled Odin as well as "all seeing" Heimdall before with his illusions; Loki is very very powerful as pertains illusion...IMHO, there was nothing PIS'y about that incident.

my mistake, but again i'd have to see scans of the fight again to ascertain his abilities since my memory of the envounter is vague and biased.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think any character below Skyfather -Trans at bare minimum- can beat Loki 10/10. Not to mention this is Simonson's Loki, which is a particularly capable version of the character. I'd give him odds over probably almost any Herald level being besides Thor.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think any character below Skyfather -Trans at bare minimum- can beat Loki 10/10. Not to mention this is Simonson's Loki, which is a particularly capable version of the character. I'd give him odds over probably almost any Herald level being besides Thor.

Isn't most of Thor's extreme capability against him due to him being somewhat of an anti Loki character also? You know more than me about him so I figured I'd see, but seems like Thor is just well suited for him. Atleast more so than most

Omega Vision
Lobo.

...oh wait, you were asking for 'weakest' biscuits

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by jalek moye
Isn't most of Thor's extreme capability against him due to him being somewhat of an anti Loki character also? You know more than me about him so I figured I'd see, but seems like Thor is just well suited for him. Atleast more so than most
Yes, Thor is extremely effective against Loki. For example, Balder cut Loki's head off to no effect but Thor was able to break Loki's arm with a tap and force it to heal normally.

Here's some Thor analogues taking on Loki to emphasize:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1396/lokithorcorps1.th.jpghttp://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8421/lokithorcorps2.th.jpghttp://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8391/lokithorcorps3.th.jpghttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4177/lokithorcorps4.th.jpghttp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2742/lokithorcorps5.th.jpghttp://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7113/lokithorcorps6.th.jpghttp://img806.imageshack.us/img806/6105/lokithorcorps7.th.jpg

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, Thor is extremely effective against Loki. For example, Balder cut Loki's head off to no effect but Thor was able to break Loki's arm with a tap and force it to heal normally.

Here's some Thor analogues taking on Loki to emphasize:
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1396/lokithorcorps1.th.jpghttp://img6.imageshack.us/img6/8421/lokithorcorps2.th.jpghttp://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8391/lokithorcorps3.th.jpghttp://img405.imageshack.us/img405/4177/lokithorcorps4.th.jpghttp://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2742/lokithorcorps5.th.jpghttp://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7113/lokithorcorps6.th.jpghttp://img806.imageshack.us/img806/6105/lokithorcorps7.th.jpg

I still have that comic!

Loki kicked so much a** in that arc; those scans were part of the storyline where Thor used his Soul Sucking ability to kill Loki...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.