Enchantment VS Enchantment -- Odin VS Cyttorak

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Diesldude
Juggernaut is running full speed. Thor's hammer is in the way about 100' ahead. Juggernaut decides to run right into it. Thor's hammer is lying with the handle pointing up, the tip is about jugs chest high. Can the hammer's enchantment stop the unstoppable? Will Juggernaught drag it with him, or can he use his momentum to outright lift it?

Rage.Of.Olympus
We've already seen that Asgardian might is superior to Juggernaut's unstoppable enchantment. Thor even used Mjolnir to cut off Juggernaut invulnerability.

But I'm certain they'll be at least be one person who votes for Cytorrak or calls PIS etc. Despite doing little more than sitting on his *ss, Cytorrak is one of those characters that gets a lot of respect for some reason.

Diesldude
I agree with this, this is also why I believe Thor can beat Juggernaut. He has the weapon and power to overcome cytorak's enchantments.

I dont think that scenario would actually activate the spell on mjolnir. we know the hammer can be tossed about throguh less direct ways than picking it up. thor wont ever beat classic jugs down through direct attacks.

@rage you mean that time a mjolnior cylcone cut cain off from the energy feed? that instance does bode like pis to me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
@rage you mean that time a mjolnior cylcone cut cain off from the energy feed? that instance does bode like pis to me.

Obviously supported by the numerous moments where Thor has attempted to operate on a higher end scale and failed.

That's sarcasm. Because in reality, it's the opposite.

no, because that writer seemed to think juggernaut's invulnerabilty was dependadnt on his force field, which shows a lack of knowledge of the character and the fact that similar tricks have never been repeated by thor or anyone else for that matter. jugs also retained a measure of his pwoer as he was till superstrong which would implicate some energy was still reachign him despite the barrier or the writer thought that he had some permanenet powers and the rest were fed to him continuously by cytorrak, so either thor couldnt completely override the spell or it was just more bad writing.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by 753
no, because that writer seemed to think juggernaut's invulnerabilty was dependadnt on his force field
Since when has Juggernaut been completely invulnerable without his forcefield?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
no, because that writer seemed to think juggernaut's invulnerabilty was dependadnt on his force field, which shows a lack of knowledged of the charatcer and

That's because he's most likely because read up on the character. Throughout his career, there have been a great deal of instances where he's been physically injured/affected.

I've done this many times over the years. At the very least, it's inconsistent, flip flopping from appearance to appearance.

Originally posted by 753
the fact that similar tricks have never been repeated by thor or anyone else for that matter.

It being a one time trick from Thor does not in itself mean it's PIS. That second bit is just stupid.

If I had referenced the time Beast completely depowered Juggernaut by removing his helmet, then your post would have been appropriate. As it stands, your just displaying your ignorance.

Originally posted by The Sorrow
Since when has Juggernaut been completely invulnerable without his forcefield? always? of course the force-field complements raising it further, but even without his force-filed, which he hasn't used in decades, he was still invulnerable and rarely, if ever, actually wounded and even then only by very special circumstances. in the rare stances he is injured, he regenerates immediately. even the depowered version that took on hyperion healed a broken leg instantly

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks for confirming you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Seriously, how many times have I disproved the "Juggernaut is always invulnerable" stance? At this point it should be common knowledge.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's because he's most likely because read up on the character. Throughout his career, there have been a great deal of instances where he's been physically injured/affected.

I've done this many times over the years. At the bare minimum, it's inconsistent, flip flopping from appearance to appearance.

he was very rarely injured without it

a one time trick by thor or anyone else and yes I should think it makes it pis or it makes thor very slow as the x-men repeatedly take him out through the same fashion as they know it work

that second bit that shows thor couldnt completely overwrtite the spell or that the writer grasped even less of juggernaut's powers? enlighten me on my ignorance of the character.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanks for confirming you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Seriously, how many times have I disproved the "Juggernaut is always invulnerable" stance? At this point it should be common knowledge. lol he is invulnerable and he certainly has tanked more than thor dished out after cancelling his forcefield without being injured. the fact that you can point to a minority of times in which he was injured doesnt make his defining characteristic void. but please, go ahead and prove it to me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by 753
he was very rarely injured without it

I've complied like half a dozen to a dozen different examples along with instances where he directly refers to his force field when commenting on his durability.

This stance just doesn't hold up to any amount of scrutiny.

Just stop, you don't know what you're talking about when you make comments like this:
Originally posted by 753
always? of course the force-field complements raising it further, but even without his force-filed, which he hasn't used in decades, he was still invulnerable and rarely, if ever, actually wounded and even then only by very special circumstances
Originally posted by 753
a one time trick by thor or anyone else and yes I should think it makes it pis or it makes thor very slow as the x-men repeatedly take him out through the same fashion as they know it work

This line of thinking might have had some merit -it could be flimsy at best based on various circumstances- if Thor had fought the Juggernaut a dozen times like the X-men.

As it stands, Thor has fought the Juggernaut three times. The instance we're discussing occurred in the second fight. The third fight was a few pages of Thor/Cain brawling.

Originally posted by 753
that second bit that shows thor couldnt completely overwrtite the spell or that the writer grasped even less of juggernaut's powers? enlighten me on my ignorance of the character.

Do you know what I was even responding to?

Thor did what he intended to, remove Cain's complete invulnerability. That's all there is to it.

Alright, give me a moment -or two- to find the last thread I did this in.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Alright, I couldn't find the original posts, but I found this in one of my PM's weirdly enough.

You can make all the excuses you want, calling it PIS or whatever floats your boat but I don't see how any individual can claim Juggernaut is always or almost always completely invulnerable without his force field. Like I said, it's inconsistent and it disproves the notion that the Thor instance doesn't count or something.

Personally, I think the most logical in-continuity explanation possible is that whenever Cain is injured, there's no force field otherwise it's always on, referenced or not. The thing is even invisible and nearly body tight so it can make sense.

Colossus-Big C
Juggernaut is Invunerable without the force field.
Cyttorak>>Odin, but it depends how much power they each put in each enchantment

vansonbee
@Rage, cool, thats multiple times he stated and use the force field.
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Juggernaut is Invunerable without the force field.
Cyttorak>>Odin, but it depends how much power they each put in each enchantment Opinion ^

The Juggernaut that fought WWH, got damage, so that proves he isn't invulnerable.

Wodenson
Juggernaut is Cyttorak's avatar, whereas Mjolnir is a weapon that Odin enchanted.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by vansonbee
Opinion ^

The Juggernaut that fought WWH, got damage, so that proves he isn't invulnerable. show scan of him being visually damaged.

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i45.tinypic.com/mjvaci.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2qu3l8x.jpg

There are more scenes of him being hurt or affected by physical force but that should suffice.

Colossus-Big C
PIS when he has tanked far more than that and didnt even tickle him

Rage.Of.Olympus
Uhuh.

Juggernaut's invulnerability being innate or force field depended at this point should be inconsistent.

Too much evidence for it to be laughed off.

vansonbee
How can it be PIS, when its his early days >_<

zopzop
Odin and easily too. Odin's enchantments have rarely, if ever, been broken (one exception was Dormammu with the Evil Eye). Thor himself removed Juggernaut's FF with Mjolnir without any trouble whatsoever.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
PIS when he has tanked far more than that and didnt even tickle him
What has he tanked that's far more?

h1a8
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Since when has Juggernaut been completely invulnerable without his forcefield? Since all the times he wasn't.

h1a8
Originally posted by vansonbee
Opinion ^

The Juggernaut that fought WWH, got damage, so that proves he isn't invulnerable. Juggs was never hurt by WWH.

Black bolt z
So juggernaut is running and he picks up the hammer as he is running and needs to keep running.

I'd bet that he can't.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.