Resistance is futile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brockalizer
The Borg have arrived in an alternate Universe and within a matter of days the Earth has been totally assimilated. However, there is hope in the form of a team of heroes or villains that happened to be either off world when the crisis went down, or decide to intervene for their own reasons. Can the Earth be liberated from the Borg?

Team 1.

JLA: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Martian Manhunter, GL Rayner, Flash, Captain Marvel, and Steel

Team 2

X-Men: Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Gambit, Professor X, and Jean Grey

Team 3

Sinestro Corps: Sinestro, Parallax, Mongul, Cyborg Superman, Starro, Jordan, and Superboy Prime

Team 4

X-Factor: Havok, Polaris, Strong Guy, Multiple Man, Forge, and Sabertooth

Team 5

Illuminati: Iron Man, Namor, Professor X, Black Bolt, Reed Richards, Dr. Strange

Team 6

Darkseid, Steppenwolf, Grayven, Kalibak, Dasaad, Mantis, and a pair of Doomsday clones

Team 7

L.E.G.I.O.N: Vril Dox, Saturn Girl, Mon El, Lobo, Telepath, Captain Comet, Lady Quark, and Moonstruck

Team 8

Avengers: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Pym, Sentry, Ms. Marvel, Spiderman, and Hulk/Banner

This is the Borg from ST:V, they have both Cubes, Spheres, and the Queen is on board one of them. The hero teams get 48 hrs prep (time it takes to get back home) Villain teams can attack at their convenience. All DC characters are Post Crisis versions, all Marvel teams are Pre Secret Invasion, Illuminati are New Avenger version.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I...can only see a stomp in favor of the heroes honestly.

The Queen is a glaring weakness for The Borg and is quite a juicy target for any of the big dog telepaths.

And that's before bringing in the speedster bricks like Superman or Marvel.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
I...can only see a stomp in favor of the heroes honestly.

The Queen is a glaring weakness for The Borg and is quite a juicy target for any of the big dog telepaths.

And that's before bringing in the speedster bricks like Superman or Marvel. I honestly don't see the telepaths being much of a factor. The Borg hive mind is huge. IMO it would be like a low level telepath trying to use Cerebro, so much input all at once would probably fry some ones brain. As for the speedster bricks, the planet has already been assimilated that means, Wayne Tech, Queen Industries, Lex Corp, Stark Industries, Cerebro, Fortress of Solitude, Watchtower, Os corp, and all other sources of technological innovation would already be incorporated (most of which have already developed psi shielding, so again the telepaths are S.O.L), as well as all meta-humans, mutants, morlocks, and any other super powered beings. The Borg would have detailed tactical information about their potential opponent before the battle even begins. If the Queen surrounds her self with with drones of Ma and Pa Kent, Lois Lane, Dick Greyson, Jarvis, or any other person(s) closely tied to the the liberators, and uses them for human shields I don't see the hero teams cutting loose and taking out their friends to get to the Queen. I think the villain teams would have a better chance. They simply don't care about collateral damage.

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Originally posted by Brockalizer
As for the speedster bricks, the planet has already been assimilated that means, Wayne Tech, Queen Industries, Lex Corp, Stark Industries, Cerebro, Fortress of Solitude, Watchtower, Os corp, and all other sources of technological innovation would already be incorporated (most of which have already developed psi shielding, so again the telepaths are S.O.L), as well as all meta-humans, mutants, morlocks, and any other super powered beings. The Borg would have detailed tactical information about their potential opponent before the battle even begins. If the Queen surrounds her self with with drones of Ma and Pa Kent, Lois Lane, Dick Greyson, Jarvis, or any other person(s) closely tied to the the liberators, and uses them for human shields I don't see the hero teams cutting loose and taking out their friends to get to the Queen. I think the villain teams would have a better chance. They simply don't care about collateral damage.

See...none of that was really strictly stipulated in the OP.

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
See...none of that was really strictly stipulated in the OP. I stated "the Earth has been totally assimilated" in the opening sentence. Assimilation implies that any technology or intelligent being residing on said planet would be folded into the collective. Just as they've done with the thousands of planets they've assimilated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.