Which versions of superman can defeat current hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega visors
well i think most of us agree that current hulk is >>> regular sups but what versions of superman can take on him?

Mindset
There isn't one.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Omega visors
well i think most of us agree that current hulk is >>> regular sups but what versions of superman can take on him?

who agrees with this?

Galan007
Mainstream Supes can. No others are needed. ermmhappy

Omega visors
Originally posted by Mindset
There isn't one.

ORLY? so CA superman, Golden Prime, Superman 1 Million, SA superman, Sundipped Superman,Composed Superman, all cant beat him?

Bentley
Originally posted by Sin I AM
who agrees with this?

No idea. Carver maybe?

Mindset
ORLY? so CA superman, Golden Prime, Superman 1 Million, SA superman, Sundipped Superman,Composed Superman, all cant beat him? Originally posted by Mindset
There isn't one.

chomperx9
who agrees with this? carver or bada

Cogito

Well, that debate could go on forever (and in fact, it has).

Current mainstream Superman is one of the weakest versions of Superman out there.

Most versions of Superman would take Hulk's head and make him perform a self-colonoscopy.

h1a8
regular Supes can win via bfr so what's to debate?

Stoic
Originally posted by h1a8
regular Supes can win via bfr so what's to debate?

regular Supes was unable to bfr Doomsday so what make you think that he would be able to bfr the Hulk who is superior to Doomsday?

carver9
Hulk>>Superbly Prime. Do the calculations from there.

Batman-Prime
Following would stomp him:

CA Superman
SoS Superman
Golden Superman Prime
Superman 1M
Composite Superman
Sundipped Superman
Chris Kent
KC Superman
Superboy Prime
GA Superboy Prime
Kal-L
FC Superman
OWAW Superman
Cyborg Superman w/Rings
PC Superman
Superman Blue

Following would get a majority:

Current Superman without PIS and CIS
Red Son Superman
Cyborg Superman wo/Rings
Erdicator

Split:

Current Superman with CIS and PIS
Mon-El wo/GL Ring

Those would probably lose:

Supergirl
Powergirl
Byrne Superman
Superboy
Steel

Sin I AM
lol at hulk being superior to doomsday

Mindset
He is.

Gecko4lif
Hulk> LT

Anything else is retarded.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
regular Supes was unable to bfr Doomsday so what make you think that he would be able to bfr the Hulk who is superior to Doomsday?

Regular Supes is very much able to bfr Doomsday if DD does not bull rush him at full speed and combos him to ko. Supes could simply throw him to space or merely uppercut him there.

Hulk is not superior to HP DD. DD is much faster (very important), possibly as strong (broke a powerful and amped Superman's arm easily), more durable, equal HF, and has on the fly adaptive abilities (very important), and has bony protrusions for easier penetration with the concussive force attacks.

Mindset
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Hulk> LT

Anything else is retarded. thumb upOriginally posted by h1a8
Regular Supes is very much able to bfr Doomsday if DD does not bull rush him at full speed and combos him to ko. Supes could simply throw him to space or merely uppercut him there.

Hulk is not superior to HP DD. DD is much faster (very important), possibly as strong (broke a powerful and amped Superman's arm easily), more durable, equal HF, and has on the fly adaptive abilities (very important), and has bony protrusions for easier penetration with the concussive force attacks. http://imageftw.com/uploads/20110825/KR%2053.gif

Prep-Man
Christopher Kent. From Countdown.

Endless Mike
The Uva memes have spread to KMC?

Mindset
You know I'm Havoc, right?

Gecko4lif
You are? Thought I liked you.

Metalmanx

Uh...who thinks this?

Superman rocks Hulk.

Diesldude
Originally posted by Galan007
Mainstream Supes can. No others are needed. ermmhappy

thumb up

cdtm

Because Supermans much faster.

Fast enough to outrun a thunderclap.

-Pr-

Superman has bfr'd Doomsday before, though.

OneDumbG0
^ Did he do it in Reign of Doomsdays? Because Supes had tech and help the two times he did it before. Originally posted by cdtm

Fast enough to outrun a thunderclap. I've seen a thunderclap avoided all of one time. Ever.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by cdtm

Fast enough to outrun a thunderclap. running/flying from hulk completely is his best bet

vansonbee
Superman one million and Superboy prime, or at least, before the showing in Teen Titans...

cdtm
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Did he do it in Reign of Doomsdays? Because Supes had tech and help the two times he did it before. I've seen a thunderclap avoided all of one time. Ever.

It's a shockwave. That makes it, what, speed a sound?

Any light speeder should be able to outrun them.

Granted, they usually don't, but I chalk that up to PIS.. Think of the feat from Wally West, when a bomb went off in his house and his super speed protected him while he slept. The shockwave was basically moving in super slow motion. Pretty sure this was in his slower days, too.

It's not like super strength could make shockwaves move faster or anything.

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman has bfr'd Doomsday before, though. but carver says that wasnt cannon

h1a8
A simple uppercut or throw to space will suffice for the win.

cdtm
Originally posted by chomperx9
but carver says that wasnt cannon

Has Hulk ever BFR'd Juggernaut into orbit?

Doesn't mean he can't. Skaar did it.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
A simple uppercut or throw to space will suffice for the win. yeah, superman will be unconscious as he is sent reeling into outer-space

cdtm
Originally posted by psycho gundam
yeah, superman will be unconscious as he is sent reeling into outer-space

Only if he gets bored and falls asleep. If he's using his speed, Hulk = statue.

Zack Fair
Superman combos to KO Hulk.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff171/bleachlover94/Bieber-Deal-with-it.gif

OneDumbG0
It's a shockwave. That makes it, what, speed a sound?

Any light speeder should be able to outrun them. I can't pretend that comic book shockwaves are always consistent. They're not. But normal thunderclaps should move at sound speed.

Emphasis on "should." Because they almost never. Originally posted by cdtm
Granted, they usually don't, but I chalk that up to PIS.. Think of the feat from Wally West, when a bomb went off in his house and his super speed protected him while he slept. The shockwave was basically moving in super slow motion. Pretty sure this was in his slower days, too.

It's not like super strength could make shockwaves move faster or anything. I don't believe conflating explosions and thunderclaps remedies the near 100% combat-effectiveness of thunderclaps. They are that effective.

It probably does for shockwaves running through the ground. WWH's NYC step in World War Hulk was near instantaneously felt in Martha's Vineyard, MA. That's over 250 miles away, which would take sound speed 20+ minutes to travel to.

-Pr-
^ Did he do it in Reign of Doomsdays? Because Supes had tech and help the two times he did it before. I've seen a thunderclap avoided all of one time. Ever.

I'm talking about DOS, specifically. It's been a while since i read it, though.

Harbinger
You mean when Supes threw him into a lake?

Zack Fair
You mean when he dumped him in the river/lake?

Batman-Prime
I think when he bfr him into the mountain.

Don Corleone

Superman is too versatile for Hulk , but It doesn't matter. Nothing really matters.

cdtm
I'm talking about DOS, specifically. It's been a while since i read it, though.

And he had a golden opportunity to toss him into orbit, but decided to toss him at that Cadimus petrified forest city instead.

Which makes it PIS. Even Byrne era Superman should have been strong enough to toss him into space with as much momentum as he picked up.

cdtm

This is the same Hulk that was locked in an endless battle with Red She Hulk, right?

Is Red She Hulk >>> Superman, too?

OneDumbG0
^ Power-wise, yes. She was wished into being Hulk's equal after all. Originally posted by cdtm
And he had a golden opportunity to toss him into orbit, but decided to toss him at that Cadimus petrified forest city instead.

Which makes it PIS. Even Byrne era Superman should have been strong enough to toss him into space with as much momentum as he picked up. I was under the impression that wasn't by Superman's design but rather, a result of Doomsday thwarting his efforts.

It has been a really long time since I read the entire fight myself.

cdtm
I was under the impression that wasn't by Superman's design but rather, a result of Doomsday thwarting his efforts.

It has been a really long time since I read the entire fight myself.

I have the trade. Supes had him by the end of a leg, more or less at the ankle, with Doomsday facing outwards with his stomach towards the floor. He couldn't reach Supes, probably couldn't even turn to see him, and didn't really do anything to stop his efforts.

Supes did make an attempt to fly him into orbit later, but Doomsday fought out of it and kicked him at the ground.

Batman-Prime

Is Red She Hulk >>> Superman, too?

No.

celeyhyga17

almost all...

evil face

carver9
Superman Prime and above. Anything below gets there wind pipe crushed.

DickBlazer
Silver age with no real problems

Mshinu
The non-gay version.

Oops, there ain`t one.

Omega visors
Originally posted by carver9

you mean SBP with guardian amp?

cdtm

And how's he going to catch him to crush his windpipe?

Since you went with CBR arguments to claim Hulk thunderclaps for a win every time against Daken, you're not going to pull an about face and argue Superman doesn't use his speed every time to avoid getting hurt, and mount an offense, are you?

cdtm
Off topic, but talking about Doomsday in the petrified forest city has me thinking..

Superman kept hitting Doomsday, and his fists eventually started to hurt. When he finally kills Doomsday, it's implied Supes has been holding back the entire time leading up to the end, but how much could he really have been holding back if he was hitting DD so hard, he was hurting himself..?

carver9
And how's he going to catch him to crush his windpipe?

Since you went with CBR arguments to claim Hulk thunderclaps for a win every time against Daken, you're not going to pull an about face and argue Superman doesn't use his speed every time to avoid getting hurt, and mount an offense, are you?

I don't believe in CBR style of fighting...I go by on panel showings. I don't mentally create a character that doesn't exist. I don't say Hulk would come into a fight moving at the same type of super speed he used to blitz both Wonderman and Ironman before they could react because on panel, its rare to find Hulk fighting like that.

I don't say Savage Hulk goes around Thunder Clapping in all of his battles, thunder Clapping hard enough that he destroys the solar system they are fighting in (classic Savage destroyed a dimension twice on panel). It's stupid imo and its out of character. I was being sarcastic with you that day and I would never debate in that fashion.

Weren't you the one that gave Surfer 10/10 against Superman?

Anyways, nothing Superman Prime or below is stopping Hulk.

Sin I AM
I don't mentally create a character that doesn't exist.

since when dont you do this?

Mindset
Originally posted by Don Corleone
Superman is too versatile for Hulk , but It doesn't matter. Nothing really matters. thumb up

carver9
since when dont you do this?

When have I ever said Gladiator or Sentry win via speed blitz? It's a stupid argument imo if the character rarely if ever win in that fashion. I don't think you understood my post.

Sin I AM
When have I ever said Gladiator or Sentry win via speed blitz? It's a stupid argument imo if the character rarely if ever win in that fashion. I don't think you understood my post.

i do understand your post carver. and im always on this board reading threads, and quite often i see you cherry pick and embellish comic book feats ...your not as bad as you use to be. but u still do it when it involves your big 3

hulk
glads
and logan

carver9
i do understand your post carver. and im always on this board reading threads, and quite often i see you cherry pick and embellish comic book feats ...your not as bad as you use to be. but u still do it when it involves your big 3

hulk
glads
and logan

My point is, I never debate with them fighting out of character.

Sin I AM

you dont embellish feats?

-Pr-
I don't believe in CBR style of fighting...I go by on panel showings. I don't mentally create a character that doesn't exist. I don't say Hulk would come into a fight moving at the same type of super speed he used to blitz both Wonderman and Ironman before they could react because on panel, its rare to find Hulk fighting like that.

I don't say Savage Hulk goes around Thunder Clapping in all of his battles, thunder Clapping hard enough that he destroys the solar system they are fighting in (classic Savage destroyed a dimension twice on panel). It's stupid imo and its out of character. I was being sarcastic with you that day and I would never debate in that fashion.

Weren't you the one that gave Surfer 10/10 against Superman?

Anyways, nothing Superman Prime or below is stopping Hulk.

hystericalhystericalhystericalhystericalhysterical

thanks for that.

carver9
hystericalhystericalhystericalhystericalhysterical

thanks for that.

confused

What was that for? You know its true.

-Pr-
confused

What was that for? You know its true.

Except that it isn't. Let's take your Superman for example.

Can lift what, 150,000 tonnes?
Can only react at the speed of sound?
Can only run at 2000 miles per second?
Can be hurt by Cyclops or Colossus?

You made THAT up, so it's a start.

Sin I AM
hi pr!!

carver9
Except that it isn't. Let's take your Superman for example.

Can lift what, 150,000 tones?
Can only react at the speed of sound?
Can only run at 2000 miles per second?
Can be hurt by Cyclops or Colossus?

You made THAT up, so it's a start.

I never said that he can lift "only" 150k. I posted a bio that stated he can lift 150k+. No cap basically.

Never said that he can react only at the speed of sound. 2000 MPs+ is faster than the speed of sound and his bio also stated he is 2000 MPs +...this wasn't something I made up. I posted it for you to see it.

I never said that he can be hurt by Colossus but what I did say is no Herald is going to sit there and no sell a punch from Colossus.

OneDumbG0
-Pr-ver, stop arguing with yourself.

-Pr-
hi pr!!

umm, hey?

I never said that he can lift "only" 150k. I posted a bio that stated he can lift 150k+. No cap basically.

Never said that he can react only at the speed of sound. 2000 MPs+ is faster than the speed of sound and his bio also stated he is 2000 MPs +...this wasn't something I made up. I posted it for you to see it.

I never said that he can be hurt by Colossus but what I did say is no Herald is going to sit there and no sell a punch from Colossus.

no expression

You're lying right now. You do know that, don't you?

Also, non-canon bio.

carver9
umm, hey?

no expression

You're lying right now. You do know that, don't you?

Also, non-canon bio.

Uh- Uh. Nope. Nothing but the truth.

-Pr-
Uh- Uh. Nope. Nothing but the truth.

Based on what? I've been in threads where you claimed, based on "feats", that speed of sound was his limit. you claimed cyclops could hurt him. you posted a non-canon bio as proof.

All of these things happened, no matter how much you deny them.

carver9
Based on what? I've been in threads where you claimed, based on "feats", that speed of sound was his limit. you claimed cyclops could hurt him. you posted a non-canon bio as proof.

All of these things happened, no matter how much you deny them.

I can't remember that Pr.

-Pr-
I can't remember that Pr.

Some of your gems:

Can you do me a favor, show me that scan of Black adam, Superman, or Wonder woman fighting at light speed. No, I can do better than that, show me a scan of superman fighting BEYOND the speed of sound.

I'll be waiting.

Didnt read what confused It was never stated that flash came out of the portal going light speed. He achieved light speed at the moment darkseid attacked him. Again darkseid seen flash along with supes so you are basically saying that darkseid reflexes and site is also at the speed of light. Now if you agree with this then why didnt darkseid guard himself against a blitz coming from that same flash going light speed. sad

Superman cant achieve light speed ANYWHERE. All of his light speed showings are in space. Hell, his last light speed showing the author made it plain and clear that he could only do it in space.

I understand that he couldnt see far but I could have sworn that supes stated that earth atmosphere takes a toll on his powers, I could be wrong but the atmosphere affecting his powers, thats pretty much plain and clear. Only fans scream out that supes can fight at light speed when the only true showing of his max speed during combat was that of the speed of sound (when he was creating sonic booms with his punches). Now if anyone can show me a feat surpassing that I would love to see it.

How about you post a scan of superman strength feat and I'll post one. Hell if you want, I'll post the first scan and I would love for you to match it and I'm not talking about classic feats, I want us to use up to date strength feats.

During final crisis darkseid also seen flash, does that mean he can react and think at light speed. Both seen flash come out of a portal, then flash took off.

I agree, he blitzed bizarro AND doomsday but how fast are they, doomsday clones has been tagged and killed by batman with an ax, doomsday speed is a mystery also and is very overrated.

I never said that superman speed is the speed of sound, his flight speed is amazing but again his combat speed is the mystery, not his flight speed.

Cyke blast is like being hit by a 100 tonner continuously, you're basically saying that supes could stand there and take a blast that the juggernaut and WWH even felt, thats crazy.

Thought at light speed confused when did this happen and reacted at light speed, when did this happen also? Superman fighting speed is a mystery.

Naah, I dont think superman will tank a blast at full force from cyke. The juggernaut felt a full force blast from cyke, I know for a fact superman would be hurt from it.

You kept asking for feats faster than the speed of sound, and when you were shown them, you discarded them or just "forgot" about them.

Simbon

You kept asking for feats faster than the speed of sound, and when you were shown them, you discarded them or just "forgot" about them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repressed_memory

shokosugi
Superman's pinky can defeat current Hulk.

Cogito
Some of your gems:

Love how you just have those sitting around waiting for the opportunity to use them laughing

Harbinger
Did carver just get punked?

dmills
Damn. He had those gems on the ready laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
-Pr-ver lol

carver9
I don't know why he save those quotes...that was like 4 to 5 yrs ago.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Cogito
Love how you just have those sitting around waiting for the opportunity to use them laughing

the sad thing is, i didn't. i literally put "superman speed sound" in to the search bar, and got 200 pages worth of results. that's actually easier than making the effort to save them.

I don't know why he save those quotes...that was like 4 to 5 yrs ago.

Nope.

carver9
the sad thing is, i didn't. i literally put "superman speed sound" in to the search bar, and got 200 pages worth of results. that's actually easier than making the effort to save them.

Nope.

Lol...I hope I wasn't the full 200 that you saw. In the end Pr...I did agree with you that he was faster than sound. I don't know why you put those scans up when overall, I gave you your props for proving me wrong.

confused

-Pr-
Lol...I hope I wasn't the full 200 that you saw. In the end Pr...I did agree with you that he was faster than sound. I don't know why you put those scans up when overall, I gave you your props for proving me wrong.

confused

So you admit that you did claim that before. That's all I wanted to know.

carver9
So you admit that you did claim that before. That's all I wanted to know.

Even though you had some great points and had people cheering for you on the sidelines... I am going to say it ended in a stalemate.

Those were my classic days...you know, around the time you were thinking Colossus was stronger than Hulk and Cyclops was a great character wink . I have changed a lot (even though me and you still have disagreements) and I have accepted a lot of things thanks to the forum.

Let's get off this topic...Hulk wins.

-Pr-
Even though you had some great points and had people cheering for you on the sidelines... I am going to say it ended in a stalemate.

Those were my classic days...you know, around the time you were thinking Colossus was stronger than Hulk and Cyclops was a great character wink . I have changed a lot (even though me and you still have disagreements) and I have accepted a lot of things thanks to the forum.

Let's get off this topic...Hulk wins.

...pr1983

carver9
...pr1983

Lol...what was that for?

-Pr-
Lol...what was that for?

You using the word "stalemate".

Omega Vision

Like the Thanos-Odin fight ended in a stalemate?

kevdude
Originally posted by Harbinger
Did carver just get punked again?

Fixed that a little for yah Harb! happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.