Quasar vs Nova

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

"Id"
Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)

vs

Nova (Richard Ride)

Bentley
Quasar 6/10.

celeyhyga17
Nova 6/10

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Nova 6/10

That's sad that you only give Nova 6/10 against Quasar but when Quasar fought Gladiator, he got stomped in a couple of panels and admitted that Gladiator was his superior AND needed the assistance of Black Bolt to help him subdue Gladiator. Both of them failed and they resulted in bfring Gladiator with the help of BlackBolts dog (because Quasar wasn't powerful enough to bfr Gladiator and failed at doing so when accessing a portal).

Quasar wins 6/10 and Gladiator beats both 8 or 9/10.

Bentley
That is all about powersets Carver, Quasar is better against Nova because of energy absorption which is night-useless against Gladiator. Nova's gravity manipulation actually hinder the ability of Gladiator to use his strength, so it matters more than random constructs.

Of course you know all this whistle

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
That is all about powersets Carver, Quasar is better against Nova because of energy absorption which is night-useless against Gladiator. Nova's gravity manipulation actually hinder the ability of Gladiator to use his strength, so it matters more than random constructs.

Of course you know all this whistle

I like you Bently (no homo), you are one of the cooler, laid back peeps on the forum but at this point I just want you to "stop it". We have debated before and I walked away with the championship.

You don't want this Bently. I have debate/training classes from 8 to 5 est on Wednesdays...you should sign up.

Prep-Man
Nova.

carver9
Bring Jake with you.

Bentley
Originally posted by carver9
I like you Bently (no homo), you are one of the cooler, laid back peeps on the forum but at this point I just want you to "stop it". We have debated before and I walked away with the championship.

You don't want this Bently. I have debate/training classes from 8 to 5 est on Wednesdays...you should sign up.

Do they include how to show up in time at Battlezone matches? evil face

Nihilist
Nova

carver9

laughing

Whatever Bently

celeyhyga17
I like you Bently (no homo), you are one of the cooler, laid back peeps on the forum

Carver and Bentley, sitting on a tree......
stick out tongue

Anyways, styles make fights.. Wendell would be tough for Richie..

-Pr-

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Bring Jake with you.

Lmao

dmills

laughing

Black bolt z
Do they include how to show up in time at Battlezone matches? evil face laughing Shots fired.

BattleMage
Nova

Odekahn
Nova

armedforbattle
Nova, simply because in annihilation he was shown to be Quasars superior when dealing with Annihilus

leonidas
i find it very difficult to believe that nova has racked up the kinds of feats quasar has. maybe a comparison of best feats is in order....

pym-ftw
Quasar imho

Odekahn
Originally posted by leonidas
i find it very difficult to believe that nova has racked up the kinds of feats quasar has. maybe a comparison of best feats is in order....

Tis true.

Honestly I'm not versed enough in either character to know for sure, but again I'll say based on what I know (which is limited at best), Nova wins. Though I could easily be swayed either way.

leonidas
well, to name a couple of his better feats he's drained and controlled the energy from a star (a feat even ss couldn't manage very well), he's also battled ss evenly (and i think was actually slightly ahead in the fight), replicated the energy of the soul gem (i think it was the soul gem. if not it was one of the others....) defeated the abstract anomaly, (very briefly) stalemated galactus and defeated a watcher. his battle against death urge was also a classic. his shields are pretty legendary as is his energy absorption. not sure if nova could return from a quantum jump either. classic wendall had some pretty awesome feats in the days of his series. i think he became a little...lessened in the days before he died, but like i said, earlier on he was a beast.

so, what has nova done to match that? (there are scans for all the above, i'm just REALLY lazy....)

leonidas
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Quasar imho

at his best, i agree.

Sixth_Winged
Like the Hal vs. Nova thread, i vote in favor of the guy who has a crapload more impressive feat(sure nova has them but not nearly as impressive as Wendell in his prime). Quasar just feels right to win this unless he is on jobbing mode.

quanchi112
Quasar wins.

cdtm
Richard, with ease.

dmills
Rider takes it.

the Darkone
Quasar

armedforbattle
Oh yeah and also I elect Rider for High herald, next time a voting thread comes around.

leonidas
Originally posted by cdtm
Richard, with ease.

based on?

zopzop
Originally posted by dmills
Rider takes it.
This.

The Quantum Bands have no direct control over gravity like they do energy in the EM Spectrum. Assuming Nova was a CL100 being, Quasar is royally phucked. His only hope is BFR into the Quantum Zone.

leonidas
Originally posted by zopzop
This.

The Quantum Bands have no direct control over gravity like they do energy in the EM Spectrum. Assuming Nova was a CL100 being, Quasar is royally phucked. His only hope is BFR into the Quantum Zone.

well, at least you (sort of) gave a reason (though not a very logical one--not like quasar's shields have ever withstood any cl100 poundings before or his constructs harmed cl100 beings before, amirite....?). i'm still waiting for some feats from nova to convince me that rider takes it. i'm open to the idea, but all i see here are-nova wins. feats would be nice.

dmills
This.

Zop you are fast becoming the poster that I'd most like to hug love

To Quasar's credit he has borrowed some of Richard's power before in TI. It's a one off thing, but he has done it.

cdtm
well, at least you (sort of) gave a reason (though not a very logical one--not like quasar's shields have ever withstood any cl100 poundings before or his constructs harmed cl100 beings before, amirite....?). i'm still waiting for some feats from nova to convince me that rider takes it. i'm open to the idea, but all i see here are-nova wins. feats would be nice.

Off the top of my head, two big feats are:

Being next to Galactus, along with his "Herald my Rage" temper tantrum that covered multiple star systems, and surviving (As did Annihilus)

Charging head first into Sphinx using two Ka Stones (Universe altering level power)

So two high end feats, but there's also Super Nova to take into consideration, who Quasar had trouble handling. Richard has that level of power at his disposal, but Worldmind regulates/inhibits his power levels, so he doesn't go insane like SN did. But he could tap it, when absolutely needed..

Nibedicus
Well, if we go by how ppl fared vs the Surfer, Wendell did much better than Nova did. Tho, tbf, Nova did take on post-upgrade Surfer and Wendell was had to drain his energies to keep up. Wendell has also done better vs higher-up beings like Watchers and IIRC Big G.

Stoic
Off the top of my head, two big feats are:

Being next to Galactus, along with his "Herald my Rage" temper tantrum that covered multiple star systems, and surviving (As did Annihilus)

Charging head first into Sphinx using two Ka Stones (Universe altering level power)

So two high end feats, but there's also Super Nova to take into consideration, who Quasar had trouble handling. Richard has that level of power at his disposal, but Worldmind regulates/inhibits his power levels, so he doesn't go insane like SN did. But he could tap it, when absolutely needed..

There's also the fact that he survived against Annihilus who defeated Quasar with far greater ease. IMO Quasar does better against certain opponents than Nova would, but the same notion can be turned around and said for Nova. With that said Nova gets my vote.

zopzop
Do you want me to post the scan of Gladiator crushing Quasar's arm through his quantum shield and threatening to rip it off if he attempted to BFR him into the Quantum Zone?

Or the time 4 Shi'ar Imperial Guard (ranging from street level to low meta) broke through Quasar's quantum dome?

Or the time another Shi'ar guardsman, Neutron, was making a fool of both Quasar AND Her?

Quasar has nice highs : the Watcher fight, the Galactus eye blast (need context to that one though), and the Infinity War dome but he has horrendous lows. His "average" loses to Nova Prime (especially since his Q-bands have no direct control over gravity like they do the EM spectrum).

Uriel005

You don't want this Bently. I have debate/training classes from 8 to 5 est on Wednesdays...you should sign up. Originally posted by Bentley
Do they include how to show up in time at Battlezone matches? evil face Originally posted by carver9
laughing

Whatever Bently

Things like this is why I love KMC. I get to see all the romances. Better than tv my friends keep up the good work.

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by Stoic
There's also the fact that he survived against Annihilus who defeated Quasar with far greater ease. IMO Quasar does better against certain opponents than Nova would, but the same notion can be turned around and said for Nova. With that said Nova gets my vote.

Uhmm that's not really impressive considering he barely escaped with his life and was about to suffer the same fate as quasar.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Uhmm that's not really impressive considering he barely escaped with his life and was about to suffer the same fate as quasar.

Yes really.

Remember, Annihilus has the Quantum Bands AND the Cosmic Control Rod against Richie.

Sixth_Winged
Yes really.

Remember, Annihilus has the Quantum Bands AND the Cosmic Control Rod against Richie.

Except the band was fighting from being used by annihilus and he was owning Richard before it abandoned him for Phyla.

Sixth_Winged
And really not to downplay Nova's control of gravity but aside from gravimetric pulses and rifts, what exactly does Nova uses it for?

He has like zero imagination of what he might be able to do with it.

cdtm
Except the band was fighting from being used by annihilus and he was owning Richard before it abandoned him for Phyla.

Up until Phyla jacked the bands, there's no reason to believe Annihilus wasn't tapping their power.

Beside the point, though. Richard was outmatched, yes, but even had he faced the same Annihilus that Quasar did, he would have had a better showing. As it is, he faced a more powerful version, making it that much more impressive.

Sixth_Winged
That's debatable. 0 constructs done, 0 shielding done by Annihilus which is the staple of Quasar. He also didn't for power drain straight away. Sure it's impressive that Nova withstood his attack and exploited his weakness but there is no proof he could survive the attack that was done against Quasar.

celeyhyga17
And really not to downplay Nova's control of gravity but aside from gravimetric pulses and rifts, what exactly does Nova uses it for?

He has like zero imagination of what he might be able to do with it. He wouldn't be as cool if he started doing things like say Graviton for example. I guess writers would rather have him speed rushing/bull rushing opponents like 90% of the time. It really is in keeping with his "Human Rocket" moniker...

With the near infinite power source he wields, in theory he should be able to do some crazy things with gravity control. He has exhibited different gravity manipulation feats other than his usual tactics..

dmills

He has like zero imagination of what he might be able to do with it.

He's added weight to objects, used it to restrain tangible and intangible beings, used it to short out mystic communication, used it to protect and transport non flyers across interstellar distances etc. Not sure what more that you're looking for exactly. We're talking GRAVITY here. Not the power cosmic.

And that's without going into his other abilities.

dmills

Huh??

dmills
That's debatable. 0 constructs done, 0 shielding done by Annihilus which is the staple of Quasar. He also didn't for power drain straight away. Sure it's impressive that Nova withstood his attack and exploited his weakness but there is no proof he could survive the attack that was done against Quasar.

Except on panel he did survive the exact same attack that the bug used on Quasar, the difference being that Richie turned it to his advantage. Wendell didn't.

After all, in Annihilus' opinion the quantum power was only an appetizer to the main course. Nova's gravimetric power.

leonidas
Do you want me to post the scan of Gladiator crushing Quasar's arm through his quantum shield and threatening to rip it off if he attempted to BFR him into the Quantum Zone?

Or the time 4 Shi'ar Imperial Guard (ranging from street level to low meta) broke through Quasar's quantum dome?

Or the time another Shi'ar guardsman, Neutron, was making a fool of both Quasar AND Her?

Quasar has nice highs : the Watcher fight, the Galactus eye blast (need context to that one though), and the Infinity War dome but he has horrendous lows. His "average" loses to Nova Prime (especially since his Q-bands have no direct control over gravity like they do the EM spectrum).

so, highball one, lowball another?? lol

his 'average' is at least mid herald. his 'average' is tackling phoenix rachel and mordred, battling evenly against masterson thor (and don't go lowballing him too, please.....) defeating death urge, beating quantum (one of your shi'ar imperials), beating creel, stalemating/getting the better of ss, and containing ego (which ss himself failed to do). those are 'typical' showings.

so, go ahead and name some of nova's 'average showings'. cuz nova may have had a shining moment in annihilation, but--again-- (this seems to be a theme with you lately....) one good showing does not wipe out another character's history, nor does it mean that character is always shown at that level. i've seen precious little in the way of feats that come close to comparing with quasar in this thread, other than the annihilation stuff--which happened quite a while ago now, btw..... and...who cares if he controls gravity?? wth? he's ALREADY borrowed nova's power, so that's not even an issue. he can amp to cl100 himself with constructs, his shields will def be effective (unless, you know, you lowball them....) and his blasting power is plenty enough (he's absorbed and contained a friggin STAR!). factor in the idea that he's used nova's powers already and i don't see how some are so clear-cut about this fight. at all.

so, again, what has nova done to approach quasar's very consistent and very deep record?

celeyhyga17
well, to name a couple of his better feats he's drained and controlled the energy from a star (a feat even ss couldn't manage very well), he's also battled ss evenly (and i think was actually slightly ahead in the fight), replicated the energy of the soul gem (i think it was the soul gem. if not it was one of the others....) defeated the abstract anomaly, (very briefly) stalemated galactus and defeated a watcher. his battle against death urge was also a classic. his shields are pretty legendary as is his energy absorption. not sure if nova could return from a quantum jump either. classic wendall had some pretty awesome feats in the days of his series. i think he became a little...lessened in the days before he died, but like i said, earlier on he was a beast.

so, what has nova done to match that? (there are scans for all the above, i'm just REALLY lazy....)
When did he beat a watcher? I'm pretty sure he knocked him down which is still quite a feat, but there should be some context behind that. Then again I could be wrong.

zopzop

his 'average' is at least mid herald. his 'average' is tackling phoenix rachel and mordred, battling evenly against masterson thor (and don't go lowballing him too, please.....) defeating death urge, beating quantum (one of your shi'ar imperials), beating creel, stalemating/getting the better of ss, and containing ego (which ss himself failed to do). those are 'typical' showings.
Yeah let's see about this "average" :
a) Rachel Phoenix was mind controlled by Mordred and fighting like a moron. This same Phoenix host was ONE SHOTTED by Thor.
b) He needed Exacilbur to save him from Mordred or did you forget when he had Quasar dead to rights imprisoned within the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak until Captain Britain broke him free?
c) Anyone who is not suicidal can "defeat" Deathurge. Hyperion/Whizzer/Doc Spectrum made a fool of him
d) Quantum isn't a member of the Imperial Guard. And Quasar beat him via an exploit that won't work vs Nova
e) He didn't beat Creel either. He had to make him implode because he was going to explode anyway since he was unworthy of the Quanum Gems he mimicked, Quasar just wanted to minimize the damage
f) he couldn't do anything vs Surfer and admitted no matter how much PC he drained from Surfer he'd always have enough to "knock me for a loop"
g) Masterson Thor had Quasar dead to rights when he caused that shock that broke him free of Enchantress' spell, if he wanted to press his attack, Quasar would have been done for.

When did Quasar absorb/contain a star? You can't be referring to the "Journey into Mystery" arc with Stranger and the suicidal Watchers because he did no such thing. He basically created a solar flare by allowing some of the star's energy to flow through the Quantum Bands.

leonidas
When did he beat a watcher? I'm pretty sure he knocked him down which is still quite a feat, but there should be some context behind that. Then again I could be wrong.

no real context that i recall, other than maybe a pi$$ poor performance from that particular watcher. i thought for sure the scans would be posted somewhere but i can't find them which means i guess i'll have to scrounge them up. i think q had the watcher on his knees. the only real context i guess is he had broken his oath iirc. but that doesn't diminish his power in anyway.

zopzop
no real context that i recall, other than maybe a pi$$ poor performance from that particular watcher. i thought for sure the scans would be posted somewhere but i can't find them which means i guess i'll have to scrounge them up. i think q had the watcher on his knees. the only real context i guess is he had broken his oath iirc. but that doesn't diminish his power in anyway.
He was indeed on his knees :
http://s9.postimg.org/jbj2rv88b/quasar150195up.jpg
But Watchers are notorious scrubs. Galactus' "Herald My Rage" blast killed one but didn't destroy Thanos' corpse or kill Nova or Annihilus.

leonidas

Yeah let's see about this "average" :
a) Rachel Phoenix was mind controlled by Mordred and fighting like a moron. This same Phoenix host was ONE SHOTTED by Thor.
b) He needed Exacilbur to save him from Mordred or did you forget when he had Quasar dead to rights imprisoned within the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak until Captain Britain broke him free?
c) Anyone who is not suicidal can "defeat" Deathurge. Hyperion/Whizzer/Doc Spectrum made a fool of him
d) Quantum isn't a member of the Imperial Guard. And Quasar beat him via an exploit that won't work vs Nova
e) He didn't beat Creel either. He had to make him implode because he was going to explode anyway since he was unworthy of the Quanum Gems he mimicked, Quasar just wanted to minimize the damage
f) he couldn't do anything vs Surfer and admitted no matter how much PC he drained from Surfer he'd always have enough to "knock me for a loop"
g) Masterson Thor had Quasar dead to rights when he caused that shock that broke him free of Enchantress' spell, if he wanted to press his attack, Quasar would have been done for.

When did Quasar absorb/contain a star? You can't be referring to the "Journey into Mystery" arc with Stranger and the suicidal Watchers because he did no such thing. He basically created a solar flare by allowing some of the star's energy to flow through the Quantum Bands.

so, more lowballing? excellent. and not a single nova feat i see? anywho, that same phoenix was STILL as powerful as she normally was (you know, hurling moons, slaughtering heralds--it's fun to only pick certain showings)--and mordred was so powerful he was CONTROLLING her and he still beat them. and?

strange himself has commented on deathurge's power. scans of deathurge getting beaten by the squadron? all THREE of them.... how many quasars did it take btw?

i swore quantum was an imperial guardsmen--no matter. he was tough as hell and how did q win? by manipulation his probability field. THAT's versatility.

he didn't beat creel wut?? he beat creel the same way everyone does--because creel is an idiot. he became overloaded by the q-bands. battle with ss wasn't finished. funny how you don't tell anyone ss couldn't do jack to him either. with wendell constantly draining his power, i wonder how long he could have continued?

and again, wtf are you talking about with masterson?? he SAID he was holding back the whole time and was still smacking masterson around. he was just getting SERIOUS when the feedback event happened. lowballing and lying? tsk.

and one more time: wtf are you talking about a 'solar flare'??

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1892080/

http://imageshack.us/f/838/1835076channelingenergy.jpg/

it was the energy of a star. he didn't create any flare....

but please, keep lowballing, maybe sh!t up and picking away at quasar's feats instead of providing something more than one-off nova feats. nice job countering the fact that he's already borrowed nova's powers, absorbed ego and basically collected feats that dwarf anything nova has done. you're REALLY helping make your case.... wink

quasar wins this, unless someone can FINALLY supply me with some proof that even APPROACHES these feats from quasar. one lesser showing doesn't take away his wealth of high-end feats.

leonidas
He was indeed on his knees :
http://s9.postimg.org/jbj2rv88b/quasar150195up.jpg
But Watchers are notorious scrubs. Galactus' "Herald My Rage" blast killed one but didn't destroy Thanos' corpse or kill Nova or Annihilus.

seriously, now you're lowballing a watcher? if a mod happens to drop in, i wouldn't be shocked to see a warning. this is getting ridiculous. laughing out loud

the act is getting old zop. you should step away, and come back when you (a) can stop high/lowballing (b) have actual FEATS FOR THE GUY YOU'RE SUPPORTING HERE!! if you can't produce said feats, admit you're wrong and move along. if you still think nova wins, well, good for you. but don't try and tell me it's based on anything besides hate or unsupported opinion, because it sure isn't an opinion based on on-panel feats and history.

zopzop
seriously, now you're lowballing a watcher? if a mod happens to drop in, i wouldn't be shocked to see a warning. this is getting ridiculous. laughing out loud

the act is getting old zop. you should step away, and come back when you (a) can stop high/lowballing (b) have actual FEATS FOR THE GUY YOU'RE SUPPORTING HERE!! if you can't produce said feats, admit you're wrong and move along. if you still think nova wins, well, good for you. but don't try and tell me it's based on anything besides hate or unsupported opinion, because it sure isn't an opinion based on on-panel feats and history.
Low balling Watchers? What have they done on panel? I'll wait for you to produce fights and feats for them.

celeyhyga17

You made me pull out my Quasars.. mad

The watcher just wanted to shoo him away. Pretty good showing for Quase since he tanked an amped punch that sent him reeling and was able to temporarily mess with the watcher's energy sig. He was also able to knock him down momentarily.

The Stranger barged in and both zapped the watcher. The watcher was claiming that he could have beat each one separately before killing himself all the while referring to the Stranger as the main threat.

zopzop
so, more lowballing? excellent. and not a single nova feat i see? anywho, that same phoenix was STILL as powerful as she normally was (you know, hurling moons, slaughtering heralds--it's fun to only pick certain showings)--and mordred was so powerful he was CONTROLLING her and he still beat them. and?
See what I mean? You accuse me of lying but you don't even know what you are talking about. Rachel never hurled moons, she hurled small ASTEROIDS (you can even compare them in size to Necrom's body). Necrom was the one hurling moons. She never slaughtered heralds. The only herald she beat was Nova, the WEAKEST of Galactus' heralds.

One flying brick, one speedster, and one energy manipulator. And they didn't even need all three of them. We saw this when Hyperion had to fly ahead to check on Strange, Whizzer and Spectrum had him all under wraps.

Quasar beat him when he stopped becoming suicidal. Deathurge even states this "nor can I be harmed by someone who wishes to die."

The same guy Hawkeye beat by using a smoke arrow. Luckily for Nova those exploits won't work on him or his power.

He was going to die anyway. Since he touched the Q-bands and mimicked them yet was unworthy of the power. Did you forget Quasar saying this? Even if Quasar never lifted a finger against Creel once he touched the Bands and being unworthy of them, he was going to die. Go reread the issue if you don't believe me.

Surfer actually made him shout out in pain. Quasar did nothing of consequence to Surfer. If the fight continued Surfer could have amped his strength to CL100 levels and humiliated Quasar like Gladiator did.

Masterson wasn't exactly going all out either now was he? We saw what happened when he started to put his foot down. The electricity caused a feedback knocking Quasar down and breaking him free of the Enchantress' spell.

It says right there on panel what he did : He "allowed the power of a nearby star to FLOW THROUGH the Quantum Bands and RIGHT ON OUT" creating that flare. If he was indeed capable of what you are suggesting he did, he wouldn't have needed Binary's help when the was trying to save the Sun.

You're the one making sh|t up Leo. Nothing I said was a lie or false.

dmills
Nova has his space cheese fearts as well. Absorbed a massive amount of energy from a star (Earth's sun). He's also warped a neutron star just by flying into it at high velocity.

But everyone has their higher end feats/showings and lord knows we don't want to even get into comparing space cheese. What we do know for sure is that Nova and Quasar have had a couple of fights with the same opponents in their history. You guy's arguing for Rider may want to start there...

Surfer:

Gladiator:

Thor:

Supernova:

Annihilus:

Dark Quasar???

There's a few others that I think I'm missing. But those I believe are the highest profile people.

celeyhyga17
Low balling Watchers? What have they done on panel? I'll wait for you to produce fights and feats for them.
On paper they are supposed to be way beyond heralds. I think it's their passive nature that makes them susceptible to getting punked once in a while. Quasar tanking an amped punch, knocking one down, and even absorbing it's energy are pretty high feats. Hard to take much away from what he was able to do in that scene.

zopzop
On paper they are supposed to be way beyond heralds. I think it's their passive nature that makes them susceptible to getting punked once in a while. Quasar tanking an amped punch, knocking one down, and even absorbing it's energy are pretty high feats. Hard to take much away from what he was able to do in that scene.
Then how do you explain a Watcher dying in the Herald My Rage blast but Thanos' corpse was unharmed?

How do you explain how Nova survived and I believe he even shielded Phyla and the others, yet the Watcher got owned.

celeyhyga17
Then how do you explain a Watcher dying in the Herald My Rage blast but Thanos' corpse was unharmed?

How do you explain how Nova survived and I believe he even shielded Phyla and the others, yet the Watcher got owned.
Can't really explain. How can BRB put a crack on Galactus's noggin on one hand, but almost cause reality to collapse while fighting other powerful beings? Comic inconsistencies....

I'm not a watcher expert, so if Leo or someone else can shed some light on what kind of power they wield, lets hear them...

celeyhyga17
Just thought of something...
Maybe that watcher could care less if he died since apparently, they can bring themselves back to life.

dmills

and one more time: wtf are you talking about a 'solar flare'??

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1892080/

http://imageshack.us/f/838/1835076channelingenergy.jpg/

it was the energy of a star. he didn't create any flare....

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1294201466968-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1294201519611-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1294201538166-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1294201551188-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/nova%20energy%20absorption/1294201565470.jpg

ODG
^ What were the dark masses made of?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
The Aakon created something that was destabilizing the sun which was causing sunspots to form. They were pretty much making the sun unstable hence the giant sunspot. They intended for the sun itself to be the "bomb" instead of a bomb that Nova first thought was aboard the Aakon ship.

I'm still unsure as to why Richie said the giant sunspot was "different somehow".
confused1

ODG
^ Quasar did something pretty similar with anti-matter sunspots that were blanketing the Sun.

leonidas

See what I mean? You accuse me of lying but you don't even know what you are talking about. Rachel never hurled moons, she hurled small ASTEROIDS (you can even compare them in size to Necrom's body). Necrom was the one hurling moons. She never slaughtered heralds. The only herald she beat was Nova, the WEAKEST of Galactus' heralds.

lol lowballing. you need me to highball rachel? asteroids or moons, she has retarded feats to match the poor showings she's had. no nova counter. thumb up

and? he resisted him for a prolonged time, then won. no nova counter. thumb up

lol lowballing. no nova counter. thumb up

worthy or not q could have done the SAME thing to him by simply force-feeding him the bands. no nova counters. thumb up

lol a cry of pain=winning now? q was constantly draining him. ultimately he would have won the fight most likely. how'd nova do again? oh yeah, you likely don't know. and nice lowball. again. thor has to STRAIN to break a small shield. q constructs DO vary depending on a number of factors. no nova counter. thumb up

lol q was ready to behead masterson, but yeah, masterson was clearly going to win. so q has stalemated thor and ss. nova counter.....?

lol it's on panel. lowball all you'd like. i'm seriously thinking of reporting you though cuz this is preposterous.

lol uh-huh. asteroids/moons. sue me. stop lowballing quasar and start working on showing anyone what nova can do to win this or get the hell out of the thread my friend.

leonidas

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1294201519611-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1294201538166-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1294201551188-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/nova%20energy%20absorption/1294201565470.jpg

thanks. thumb up

not bad. i like rich's a little better, but odg is right. it's similar to a different q feat. i'll see if i can scrounge it up later.

zopzop
lol lowballing. you need me to highball rachel? asteroids or moons, she has retarded feats to match the poor showings she's had. no nova counter. thumb up
Yes, highball Rachel, this should be fun. And there is a HUGE difference between asteroids and MOONS, especially in this regard since the we saw on panel those asteroids were nowhere near the sizes of the MOONS Necrom flung at her.

Dude, Deathurge straight up said that the reason Quasar won was because he stopped being suicidal. It's not anything special to deal with Deathurge. Whizzer and Spectrum were doing it just fine.

But it's true. Hawkeye beat him with a smoke arrow.

MMhmm. But on panel AM was going to explode anyway. So .......

No, cry of pain not equal winning stop putting words in my mouth. Quasar did nothing to Surfer and admitted no matter how much power he drained Surfer still had enough to knock him for a loop. Surfer's attacks caused Quasar pain, Quasar's attacks did NOTHING to Surfer. See the difference?

When Masterson was about to get serious he made a fool of Quasar. Quasar stopped holding back and Masteron electrocuted his ass I'd post the entire fight but what's the point?

Go ahead, report. The Mods can READ what's on panel. Quasar did nothing but allow the power of a nearby star to FLOW THROUGH AND OUT of the Q-Bands. If he did what you were claiming, containing and absorbing the power of a star, he wouldn't have needed Binary's help to save the Sun. Both scenarios occurred during the same writer.

Yeah, I mean what's the difference between 15 foot asteroids (approx) and MOONS. roll eyes (sarcastic) It's all the same in Leo's world. Yet you accuse me of lowballing and making sh|t up.

leonidas

Yes, highball Rachel, this should be fun. And there is a HUGE difference between asteroids and MOONS, especially in this regard since the we saw on panel those asteroids were nowhere near the sizes of the MOONS Necrom flung at her.

Dude, Deathurge straight up said that the reason Quasar won was because he stopped being suicidal. It's not anything special to deal with Deathurge. Whizzer and Spectrum were doing it just fine.

But it's true. Hawkeye beat him with a smoke arrow.

MMhmm. But on panel AM was going to explode anyway. So .......

No, cry of pain not equal winning stop putting words in my mouth. Quasar did nothing to Surfer and admitted no matter how much power he drained Surfer still had enough to knock him for a loop. Surfer's attacks caused Quasar pain, Quasar's attacks did NOTHING to Surfer. See the difference?

When Masterson was about to get serious he made a fool of Quasar. Quasar stopped holding back and Masteron electrocuted his ass I'd post the entire fight but what's the point?

Go ahead, report. The Mods can READ what's on panel. Quasar did nothing but allow the power of a nearby star to FLOW THROUGH AND OUT of the Q-Bands. If he did what you were claiming, containing and absorbing the power of a star, he wouldn't have needed Binary's help to save the Sun. Both scenarios occurred during the same writer.

Yeah, I mean what's the difference between 15 foot asteroids (approx) and MOONS. roll eyes (sarcastic) It's all the same in Leo's world. Yet you accuse me of lowballing and making sh|t up.

hmm, maybe i'll do the rachel thing, but it's seriously off-topic here. and listening to you lowball anything that would be shown would be uber annoying to boot.

anyway, i'm glad we have this straightened out--quasar dealt with phoenix/mordred simultaneously, stalemated thor and was in no way ready to lose but was going to behead masterson, stalemated ss for a prolonged length of time, did very well vs a watcher (and celey, watchers DO vary in their levels imo. they have great feats--aaron the rogue and uatu in particular, but it's still a nice feat for wendell), beat quantum via probability field manip, beat creel, beat the abstract ananomaly, matched galactus's eye beams briefly, absorbed and controlled the power of a star, beat death urge, etc.... btw, those are just a few showings. he's got A LOT MORE. he performed these types of feats regularly. he has very few low feats and was very consistently portrayed throughout his series.

and....................i know you've ignored this over and over, in favor of lowballing every quasar feat, but do you plan on actually mentioning, you know, NOVA in any post at some point....? or the fact that q has already used nova's powers? you know, something relevant to YOUR stance that nova wins......?

feel nova wins, i don't care. but don't tell me or anyone it's based on past feats or history. annihilation doesn't detract from all of quasar's previous showings, as much as you like to favor singular feats over whole-scale depictions. i'll simply ignore any more of your posts that don't have something about NOVA in them

zopzop
hmm, maybe i'll do the rachel thing, but it's seriously off-topic here. and listening to you lowball anything that would be shown would be uber annoying to boot.
You wont' because she sucked as the Phoenix Avatar and you know it.

He was FAILING to deal with Mordred/Phoenix at the same time. That's why Mordred broke free of Quasar's construct. It was Excalibur that saved Quasar's ass twice. Once when Captain Britain freed him from the Crimson Bands :
http://imageshack.us/a/img256/2650/quasar11017st5.th.jpg
And the other time when Nightcrawler and Widget BFRed Mordred into another dimension freeing Rachel from his control. You can't even get this right.

Yes, list those "great feats" for Aaron and Uatu. Doom with Aaron's power almost KOed himself busting IW's force fields!

Beat abstract Anomaly? You realize he "beat" it by giving up right?

We can't even begin till I straighten up your exaggeration and outright errors regarding Quasar and his fights/feats.

celeyhyga17
thanks. thumb up

not bad. i like rich's a little better, but odg is right. it's similar to a different q feat. i'll see if i can scrounge it up later.
Ure talking bout the time Wendell was sucking up the anti-matter contaminating the sun. He apparently was transferring it into the quantum zone. Epoch warned him that it would take days to finish the deed, but was quite a feat seeing as he had to go inside the sun to accomplish it.

It was Binary who ended up creating a "white hole" which sucked up most of the anti-matter in a few pages. It was stated that she had the powers of the sun making that attempt easier for her than Quasar's...

dmills
Originally posted by ODG

No clue brother. I just settled on calling it "dark matter", but the scans suggest it's some weird type of energy.

dmills
The second image is a duplicate. Sorry gents. Here is the correct scan in the sequence of events.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1294201504445-1.jpg

dmills
Ure talking bout the time Wendell was sucking up the anti-matter contaminating the sun. He apparently was transferring it into the quantum zone. Epoch warned him that it would take days to finish the deed, but was quite a feat seeing as he had to go inside the sun to accomplish it.

It was Binary who ended up creating a "white hole" which sucked up most of the anti-matter in a few pages. It was stated that she had the powers of the sun making that attempt easier for her than Quasar's...

In contrast, Rider actually contained the energies within himself. A phenomenal feat imo.

dmills
@Leo, I think lowballing is the worst form of debate here, so I'll try to post Nova scans that at least parallel some of the Quasar showings that you named off. And I'll also try to compare and contrast some of the encounters that they've had with common opponents, which is where I think Nova has a small advantage (if any). Sound fair?

leonidas
@Leo, I think lowballing is the worst form of debate here, so I'll try to post Nova scans that at least parallel some of the Quasar showings that you named off. And I'll also try to compare and contrast some of the encounters that they've had with common opponents, which is where I think Nova has a small advantage (if any). Sound fair?

entirely. thumb up

ignore zop. if you find some comparable feats i will post scans. i was intending to give a broad-form list of some of the things q has done. it (should) go without saying that context of course comes into play, but i was giving highlights, waiting to see a similar list put forth by someone who was supporting nova.

as i said a long time ago--i'm open to having my mind changed (i'm a new warriors lover from way back) but there hasn't been much posted from the nova side (zop's lowballing aside....) so, yeah, i'd be totally up for a nice informal compare/contrast between the 2. smile

zopzop
Epoch warned him that it would take days to finish the deed, but was quite a feat seeing as he had to go inside the sun to accomplish it.

Here let everyone see the entire thing IN CONTEXT :
Here are the scans :

1) Quasar realizing how bad the situation is :

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4149/part1f.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2) Quasar desperate to get Epoch to summon an "omnipotent" to come to Earth's rescue (notice the first person that comes to mind, Infinity. that's the kind of power level he believed was needed to save the Sun from destruction) :

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2829/part2h.jpg

3) Binary laughing at Quasar's attempt to save the sun, notice how Quasar reacts as soon as she begins setting up her white/black hole :

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5015/part3vk.jpg

4) Continued, look at the before/after pic of the Sun! A) It was COVERED from end to end by the anti-matter sunspots, B) Her power extended END TO END and gobbled it up :

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3491/part4f.jpg

Again notice Quasar's reaction. This wasn't a "herald" level feat.
This wasn't a good feat for Quasar.............at all. This was ALL Binary. He even thought she was an "omnipotent" that Epoch called in to save the Earth.

Nova's "sun feat" sh|t's all over Quasar's "sun feat" here.

leonidas
Here let everyone see the entire thing IN CONTEXT :

This wasn't a good feat for Quasar.............at all. This was ALL Binary. He even thought she was an "omnipotent" that Epoch called in to save the Earth.

Nova's "sun feat" sh|t's all over Quasar's "sun feat" here.

nova's may beat that feat, but the other one (you know where he made a 'solar flare' LOL) was at least as good. moving on....

@dmills. i'll show the battle against phoenix and mordred first. it starts with mordred taking mental command of rachel (a great feat in itself, tbh) and this is the result:

http://imageshack.us/f/51/pf1c.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/842/pf2h.jpg/

(note in the second scan he says once the lens is up he can't make it stronger--but he COULD have made it stronger had he expected her level of power. ie--the power/strength of his constructs VARIES)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/pf3d.jpg/

(note here too that mordred attacked quasar while he was fighting rachel...) now here, the bands hold him. he tries to break out, has a plan to break free, but before he can enact it, cap britain arrives first and breaks him free first. then the battle resumes....)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/pf5m.jpg/

you can see he is clearly tackling both at once--as i said earlier....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/pf6.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/38/pf7u.jpg/

an excellent showing imo against 2 very powerful opponents. put up who ever you would like to match. thumb up

a quick note here too--that was issue 11 of his series. that was early in his career, still his old costume. he became much better with his powers as the series went along....

zopzop

(note here too that mordred attacked quasar while he was fighting rachel...) now here, the bands hold him. he tries to break out, has a plan to break free, but before he can enact it, cap britain arrives first and breaks him free first. then the battle resumes....)
Again, context. His "plan" involved contacting Eon and seeing what he could do to break the bands. His "bright" idea was to use iron to try to disrupt the bands to break him out.
http://imageshack.us/a/img256/1172/quasar11016im1.th.jpg
Now, let's find an example of iron disrupting the Crimson Bands or weakening them to the point where it allowed someone to escape their grasp.

He was never breaking out of the Crimson Bands going that route.

leonidas
Again, context. His "plan" involved contacting Eon and seeing what he could do to break the bands. His "bright" idea was to use iron to try to disrupt the bands to break him out.
http://imageshack.us/a/img256/1172/quasar11016im1.th.jpg
Now, let's find an example of iron disrupting the Crimson Bands or weakening them to the point where it allowed someone to escape their grasp.

He was never breaking out of the Crimson Bands going that route.

nice job of (a) ignoring the fact that you failed to tell everyone mordred's attack was a sneak attack in the first place and (b) ignoring the REST OF THE FIGHT THAT DIDN'T INCLUDE THE CHEAP SHOT. and who knows, his plan may have worked or eon may have gotten to him. there was a plot that needed developing....and after all, CAP BRITAIN broke them by hand! lol obviously they weren't as strong as other bands might have been.

anyway, more lowballing while you yourself left out context. do it one more time and i WILL report your a$$. leave the debating to someone who has an idea of who they are debating. believe me when i say dmills does not need my posts to pass through the zop-translator.

moving on....again. here is another time you completely left out context and lowballed. here is quasar vs creel:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/am0s.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/am1ve.jpg/

fight was actually over right there. creel was done but for his plot device, handy-dandy adamantium....which he just happened to be carrying around. lol well done leaving that unimportant detail out zop. thumb up

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/am2p.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/am3k.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/am4r.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/am5s.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/801/am6la.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/am7p.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/am8m.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/20/am9ux.jpg/

so wendell actually beat him twice--even when he had adamantium. another very strong showing. would creel have blown up on his own? maybe, but he might have been able to keep the power in control. doesn't matter as wendell took him out anyway. thumb up and again, this was early wendell.

zopzop
nice job of (a) ignoring the fact that you failed to tell everyone mordred's attack was a sneak attack in the first place and (b) ignoring the REST OF THE FIGHT THAT DIDN'T INCLUDE THE CHEAP SHOT. and who knows, his plan may have worked or eon may have gotten to him. there was a plot that needed developing....and after all, CAP BRITAIN broke them by hand! lol obviously they weren't as strong as other bands might have been.
They were strong enough to hold Quasar completely helpless till he was saved by Excalibur. Want me include the scan where he admitted this himself?
http://s23.postimg.org/fwxpvwqt3/done_for.jpg
There it is.

Yes, report me. The Mods aren't illiterates, they can read the issues themselves and see who was BSing. This crying to the Mods is sad.

Uhm, Adamantium Creed busted out of the Bubble and was crushing his quantum constructs till he got stupid and tried to steal the power of the Bands. Since he was unworthy this did him in. Adamntium Creel was actually WINNING the fight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

leonidas

They were strong enough to hold Quasar completely helpless till he was saved by Excalibur. Want me include the scan where he admitted this himself?
http://s23.postimg.org/fwxpvwqt3/done_for.jpg
There it is.

Yes, report me. The Mods aren't illiterates, they can read the issues themselves and see who was BSing. This crying to the Mods is sad.

Uhm, Adamantium Creed busted out of the Bubble and was crushing his quantum constructs till he got stupid and tried to steal the power of the Bands. Since he was unworthy this did him in. Adamntium Creel was actually WINNING the fight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

laughing out loud

that's not even the right scan......quasar did wish he would have broken out before britain broke him out though. so...yeah.

and, (a) quasar beat creel--effortlessly--when they first met. (which you never brought up conveniently...) (b) adamantium was a plot device. (c) adamantium creel would beat almost anyone! zoptastic zogic. thumb up he ALWAYS loses cuz he's an idiot, as i said earlier. he's had the goods on thor and hulk as well, when he was cap's shield and uru, but......he still lost.

and why was q in the bands again? oh yeah, a cheap shot as he was stalemating PHOENIX. and of course you're speculating about the bands (crimson and quantum). maybe they would have worked, maybe not--we didn't see. but, what did he do later--took both on, as i said. if you don't like it, i don't care. not sure what's going on with you lately but you've def lost all perspective and are hate-blinded or something. you're like an annoying little kid just sticking his nose in, nothing of any importance to say, just lowballing and misrepresenting and leaving out context. it's kinda embarrassing at this point. but don't worry mr context policeman sir, any scans dmills requests i'll be happy to provide. i'm pretty sure he doesn't need any help from you. and i CERTAINLY don't need to read anymore of your posts, so, i bid you adieu, and welcome you into the blissful world of ignore..... smile

dmills
lol. Geez.

I saw the scans Leo. I'll respond tonight.

ODG

Nova's "sun feat" sh|t's all over Quasar's "sun feat" here. Are you blind? Yes, Binary is doing the majority of the work and actually stopped the growing proliferation of anti-matter (it was growing while eating the Sun's energies), but Quasar's second vortex point on the right-hand side is sucking in surrounding anti-matter:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Quasar01.jpg

And when we get a full view of the Sun, just look at the amount of anti-matter that Quasar ends up sucking in on the right part of the Sun:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Quasar02.jpg

He ends up sucking anti-matter from damn near half the Sun's surface. In contrast, the black mass Nova absorbed was "many times" the size of Earth per his explicit description, but nowhere near the surface area that Quasar dealt with.

Just look at your scans, ffs. Can you just do that? Can you just look at your own scans, please?

ODG

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/256/quasar11016im1.jpg

He was never breaking out of the Crimson Bands going that route. Iron has a long, rich history in folklore, fiction, and comic book fiction of disrupting magic. When a writer remembers to bring it up in a comic book, it's pretty much never failed. Not knowing that is excusable though as it's overlooked often.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Are you blind? Yes, Binary is doing the majority of the work and actually stopped the growing proliferation of anti-matter, but Quasar second vortex point on the right-hand side is sucking in surrounding anti-matter:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Quasar01.jpg

And when we get a full view of the Sun, just look at the amount of anti-matter that Quasar ends up sucking in on the right part of the Sun:

He ends up sucking anti-matter from damn near half the Sun's surface. In contrast, the black mass Nova absorbed was "many times" the size of Earth per his explicit description, but nowhere near the surface area that Quasar dealt with.

Just look at your scans, ffs. Can you just do that? Can you just look at your own scans, please?
The point is, he would have failed if it wasn't for Binary. He even admitted that her portal was FAR MORE powerful than his own. I never said he wasn't contributing. But like Binary said, "it was nowhwere near good enough".

Add to the fact that Nova ABSORBED all that dark matter into himself, Quasar was merely BFRing it feebily.
Originally posted by ODG
Iron has a long, rich history in folklore, fiction, and comic book fiction of disrupting magic. When a writer remembers to bring it up in a comic book, it's pretty much never failed. Not knowing that is excusable though as it's overlooked often.
Ok, now show me an instance of iron disrupting or weakening the Crimson Bands.

ODG
The point is, he would have failed if it wasn't for Binary. He even admitted that her portal was FAR MORE powerful than his own. I never said he wasn't contributing. But like Binary said, "it was nowhwere near good enough".

Add to the fact that Nova ABSORBED all that dark matter into himself, Quasar was merely BFRing it feebily.

Ok, now show me an instance of iron disrupting or weakening the Crimson Bands. Yes, he would have failed if not for Binary, because the amount of growing anti-matter he had to deal with NEARLY ENCOMPASSED THE PHUCKING SUN. It wasn't a relatively miniscule spot of random dark mass that was "many times" the Earth's size. The Sun's diameter is 100x that of the Earth. The circumference? Many times beyond that. The total surface area? Many times beyond even that. And Quasar had to deal with nearly half the Sun's surface area worth of anti-matter (and that's assuming the anti-matter had little to no depth!!!!).

It's rather irrelevant as Nova didn't deal with anti-matter and Quasar had no way of absorbing anti-matter. Had it been the same dark mass that Nova dealt with, or had Nova been dealing with anti-matter, your observation might be a cogent one. The sheer scale of Quasar's feat dwarfs that of Nova's.

That's like asking for an instance of kryptonite affecting a dark-skinned Kryptonian child. Iron is anathema to magic. That is well established in comics. It's why it was brought up in the comic. So arguing Quasar definitely would have failed ignores comic books.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Yes, he would have failed if not for Binary, because the amount of growing anti-matter he had to deal with NEARLY ENCOMPASSED THE PHUCKING SUN. It wasn't a relatively miniscule spot of random dark mass that was "many times" the Earth's size. The Sun's diameter is 100x that of the Earth. The circumference? Many times beyond that. The total surface area? Many times beyond even that. And Quasar had to deal with nearly half the Sun's surface area worth of anti-matter (and that's assuming the anti-matter had little to no depth!!!!).

It's rather irrelevant as Nova didn't deal with anti-matter and Quasar had no way of absorbing anti-matter. Had it been the same dark mass that Nova dealt with, or had Nova been dealing with anti-matter, your observation might be a cogent one.
Exactly. Quasar was only feebily BFRing the stuff. Nova ABSORBED it into himself.

Exactly. No proof of iron ever negatively affecting the Crimson Bands.

leonidas
Originally posted by ODG
Iron has a long, rich history in folklore, fiction, and comic book fiction of disrupting magic. When a writer remembers to bring it up in a comic book, it's pretty much never failed. Not knowing that is excusable though as it's overlooked often.

see malekith and kurse as obvious examples. i'm not saying it WOULD have worked for absolute certain, but....it was definitely a possible solution. more importantly, i sure as hell don't think quasar was gonna die by crimson band crushing.....

and you raised a good point re: the anti-matter. i never really bothered to think all that deeply about it, but, while it's apples to oranges, it's more impressive than i, too, initially thought.

leonidas
lol. Geez.

I saw the scans Leo. I'll respond tonight.

whenever. thumb up

ODG
Exactly. Quasar was only feebily BFRing the stuff. Nova ABSORBED it into himself. Exactly what? That you completely bumbled the reading of that feat because the type of matter he was dealing with was much more harmful than what Nova faced and the sheer scale of it completely dwarfed that of Nova's feat by magnitudes? EVEN THOUGH YOU HAD THE SCANS AND POSTED THEM? Originally posted by zopzop
Exactly. No proof of iron ever negatively affecting the Crimson Bands.Exactly what? That comic books prove that iron affects magic negatively? Like I said, you were probably completely ignorant of that fact, despite the pervasiveness throughout folklore, world culture, and common fiction (let alone comic book science fiction). But again, your only fault here was arguing it definitely would not have worked.

That just completely ignores comic books. It's basically akin to ignoring how lightning completely short-circuits water-based characters. And then arguing that since I don't have scans handy of Mera being owned by lightning, that there's no proof Mera would ever be owned by lightning.

That's just stupid. Stop it.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Exactly what? That you completely bumbled the reading of that feat because the type of matter he was dealing with was much more harmful than what Nova faced and the sheer scale of it completely dwarfed that of Nova's feat by magnitudes? EVEN THOUGH YOU HAD THE SCANS AND POSTED THEM? Exactly what? That comic books prove that iron affects magic negatively? Like I said, you were probably completely ignorant of that fact, despite the pervasiveness throughout folklore, world culture, and common fiction (let alone comic book science fiction). But again, your only fault here was arguing it definitely would not have worked.
Quasar was feebily BFRing the stuff, Nova was absorbing it. Quasar would have failed if it wasn't for Binary.

This shouldn't be hard then, show me on panel proof of iron affecting the Crimson Bands in any way. I'll wait.

ODG
Quasar was feebily BFRing the stuff, Nova was absorbing it. Quasar would have failed if it wasn't for Binary. Binary's help is a statement of unextraordinary fact. She wasn't helping him with an anti-matter mass that was completely miniscule (like Nova's was). More to the point, you can't even actually bring yourself to admit that Quasar forcibly funneled so much anti-matter that it encompassed nearly half the Sun's surface and dwarfed the amount of dark matter Nova faced, can you? Anti-matter, not random dark matter. Shocking that you would take it so personally that you can't even bear to admit it. Then again, you are having it rammed down your throat while you haven't even finished prying your own foot out of your mouth. Originally posted by zopzop
This shouldn't be hard then, show me on panel proof of iron affecting the Crimson Bands in any way. I'll wait. That's almost as stupid as demanding on-panel proof of water short-circuiting Living Lightning.

I have a moderate level of patience when it comes to sheer stupidity. You've managed to exceed it by a substantial margin.

Next time you wank Magik in a vs. thread though, I'll be happy to force you to prove that her Soulsword can hurt Doctor Voodoo.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Binary's help is a statement of unextraordinary fact. She wasn't helping him with an anti-matter mass that was completely miniscule (like Nova's was). More to the point, you can't even actually bring yourself to admit that Quasar forcibly funneled so much anti-matter that it encompassed nearly half the Sun's surface and dwarfed the amount of dark matter Nova faced, can you? Anti-matter, not random dark matter. Shocking that you would take it so personally that you can't even bear to admit it. Then again, you are having it rammed down your throat while you haven't even finished prying your own foot out of your mouth.
Yeah, on panel, Quasar's feeble portal was NOT going to save anything. If Binary didn't jump in, the Sun would have been destroyed. Quasar failed in merely BFRing, Nova at least PERSONALLY contained all that dark matter.

Yup resorting to namecalling because you can't back up your claim. Show me proof that iron does ANYTHING to the Crimson Bands : weakens, breaks, etc..

ODG
Yeah, on panel, Quasar's feeble portal was NOT going to save anything. If Binary didn't jump in, the Sun would have been destroyed. Quasar failed in merely BFRing, Nova at least PERSONALLY contained all that dark matter.

Yup resorting to namecalling because you can't back up your claim. Show me proof that iron does ANYTHING to the Crimson Bands : weakens, breaks, etc.. LOL, you STILL can't even admit how many magnitudes greater Quasar's feat was. THIS IS HILARIOUS. And Quasar didn't fail to BFR. He successfully BFR'ed nearly half the Sun's surface area's worth of anti-matter. On-panel. Show Nova BFR'ing that much anti-matter with a gravimetric warpgate. Go ahead. Oh, wait, oops. We'll patiently wait while you pry your foot out of your mouth.

I didn't call you stupid. I said your reasoning is stupid. If that makes you "stupid" in your mind, that's just you bashing yourself. Justifiably. Anyway, prove that a heat ray would hurt Killer Frost.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
LOL, you STILL can't even admit how many magnitudes greater Quasar's feat was. THIS IS HILARIOUS. And Quasar didn't fail to BFR. He successfully BFR'ed nearly half the Sun's surface area's worth of anti-matter. On-panel. Show Nova BFR'ing that much anti-matter with a gravimetric warpgate. Go ahead. Oh, wait, oops. We'll patiently wait while you pry your foot out of your mouth.
Because it isn't. A feeble portal failing to save the Sun doesn't compare to Nova actually containing all that dark matter. Nothing he did would have saved the Sun, he simply wasn't powerful enough. Binary's portal was so much more powerful than his, he thought an "omnipotent" had pitched in to save Earth.

Yup, typical ODG. Anyway, YOU said iron would have somehow affected the Bands, I merely asked for PROOF that this would happen.

ODG
Because it isn't. A feeble portal failing to save the Sun doesn't compare to Nova actually containing all that dark matter. Nothing he did would have saved the Sun, he simply wasn't powerful enough. Binary's portal was so much more powerful than his, he thought an "omnipotent" had pitched in to save Earth. Absorbing a sunspot's worth of random dark matter and expelling it into space does not overshadow forcibly funneling enough anti-matter to nearly cover half the Sun's surface into another dimension. Don't go full retard. You were being completely moronic when you tried to dismiss Quasar's feat. That blew up spectacularly in your face. Don't further descend into full-blown pants-on-head retardation by pretending Nova's feat is incomparably better. You don't have much credibility or dignity to salvage to begin with in this thread. Originally posted by zopzop
Yup, typical ODG. Anyway, YOU said iron would have somehow affected the Bands, I merely asked for PROOF that this would happen. Typical zopzop. Take a retardedly uneducated stance, use retarded logic to salvage it, misrepresent what was said when shown how increasingly retarded your logic gets when you stick to it. I educated you on iron's effects on magic throughout comic fiction. Because you apparently were completely unaware of it. So I told you that arguing Quasar could never break out of them that way was completely ignorant of comic books.

Then you decided to basically argue that lightning won't work on Mera, Magik's Soulsword can't do sh1t against Doctor Voodoo and heat rays won't hurt Killer Frost. Because there's no direct on-panel proof they actually did. Then you basically just lie and pretend that I argued iron would always work.

Just your typical, standard zopzop flameout. thumb up

JakeTheBank
lol

Quasar.

dmills
LOL damn.

Quasar looked to be responsible for a larger overall area then Nova was. However, and this is obviously going to be a contentious point, it doesn't give us the details (at least in the scans I've seen) with regard to how much he actually managed to effectively remove on his own. What it does indicate very clearly is that Binary did the heavy lifting and was responsible for effectively removing the bulk of the anti matter.

One thing that is also clear, is that the sheer depiction of scale (the size of the star juxtaposed in relation to Quasar and Binary) in the Quasar scans is far superior to the scale depicted in the Nova scans. In sheer art depiction, the Nova dark matter/energy looks to be around what, 30% the size of the surface of the sun? The area Quasar was in was clearly more then that. But again, we don't know how much he actually managed to siphon off.

That said, ODG has made me take a fresh look at the feats. So much attention was given towards what Binary was doing that it kind of leads you to overlook what Wendell was doing. And like I said, he was dealing with a big ass area of energy.

Edit: Alright, The Heat are done whooping the Pacers. Phuck I hate Lebron James.

Nibedicus
Wasn't 30% IMO. Otherwise, it would cover the majority of the what appears to be less than HALF of the sun's actual SHOWN surface (bear in mind art can only really show at most half of a surface) and 30% of even the half w/c is the shown surface would be at least a quarter of that. Cut the shown surface into 4 parts, IMO it doesn't even covers half of a quarter. More like a quarter of a quarter of half or at most 3-5% of the total surface.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Absorbing a sunspot's worth of random dark matter and expelling it into space does not overshadow forcibly funneling enough anti-matter to nearly cover half the Sun's surface into another dimension. Don't go full retard. You were being completely moronic when you tried to dismiss Quasar's feat. That blew up spectacularly in your face. Don't further descend into full-blown pants-on-head retardation by pretending Nova's feat is incomparably better. You don't have much credibility or dignity to salvage to begin with in this thread.
I could care less what you think. Fact is, Quasar's feeble portal wasn't going to save the Sun. He couldn't even get simple BFRing right. Nova ABSORBED a sunspots worth of dark matter into himself.

You stated that iron would do something to the Crimson Bands, I asked for proof you started to dance around the issue then resulted to insults. Typical of you. I'm still waiting for any on panel proof that Iron would do anything to the bands.

Your Magik example is fail because, Magik's Soulsword is powerful but even it's not all powerful. It put the fear of God into Mephisto, yet failed to break through Forge's spirit armor :
http://s7.postimg.org/502kaim3b/689162_magik17.jpg

Iron isn't kryptonite to all magic otherwise Loki and Dr. Strange would have their sh|t ruined by anyone wielding simple iron items.

@dmills

Whatever he was siphoning was miniscule in terms of what Binary was. Her portal was so much more powerful than his, he thought an "omnipotent" was pitching in to save the Sun. Think about that for a second. Just by the sheer size/power of Binary's portal he thought a cosmic being was acting as the Sun's savior.

ODG
I could care less what you think. Fact is, Quasar's feeble portal wasn't going to save the Sun. He couldn't even get simple BFRing right. Nova ABSORBED a sunspots worth of dark matter into himself.

You stated that iron would do something to the Crimson Bands, I asked for proof you started to dance around the issue then resulted to insults. Typical of you. I'm still waiting for any on panel proof that Iron would do anything to the bands. He did get simple BFRing right. He successfully BFR'ed enough anti-matter to blanket nearly half the Sun's surface. Way to go phail, zopzop.

No, I said iron has a rich history of affecting magic. Because you apparently had no idea. And that arguing Quasar would definitely fail ignores this concept of iron affecting magic. Originally posted by zopzop
Your Magik example is fail because, Magik's Soulsword is powerful but even it's not all powerful. It put the fear of God into Mephisto, yet failed to break through Forge's spirit armor :

http://s7.postimg.org/502kaim3b/689162_magik17.jpg Oh, so I guess you were talking straight out of your own a$$ all over KMC threads about Magik: Originally posted by zopzop
She'd own Harold with her Soul Sword. Originally posted by zopzop
So I imagine a determined Magik II would beat Loki every time, that Soul Sword is magic being kryptonite. Originally posted by zopzop
Magik easily .

thumb up Originally posted by zopzop
If we are allowed to use Magik II's feats using her SS then even outside Limbo, Thor better watch out. Show proof that the Soulsword can affect a runestone-cursed Viking zombie, or Asgardian magicks wielded by Loki, or an Inuit goddess-empowered Snowbird, or Odinforce-empowered artifacts like Mjolnir. We'll wait, zopzop. We'll wait for the proof.

Did you really think I mentioned Magik's Soulsword by accident? You do realize that when you end up trolling us with your retarded arguments, that you will inevitably end up trolling yourself because you (yes, even you), aren't full zoptard 100% of the time and will occasionally deign to argue constructively? Fine work here, zopzop. You managed to, unwittingly, argue against yourself. Again. One pauses to wonder whether or not having a taste of your own trolling thrown at your face will change how you approach things.

Based on our past discussions, I'd call that a sucker's bet. More's the pity.

dmills
@Zop. While true I think the overall point is that Quasar was responsible for what clearly appears to be a larger surface area overall than what Nova was handling. So the question then becomes could Nova at that point of his career have done any better in the same circumstance as Quasar, and given the fact that he taxed himself removing what appears to be a smaller portion, the obvious answer is no. So at the end of the day you can't really say that it shits on Quasar's feat. Unless of course you're giving him extra brownies for the act of absorbing it into himself.

Edit: This thread/argument drives home the point about how art depiction can make a huge difference in how feats are interpreted.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
He did get simple BFRing right. He successfully BFR'ed enough anti-matter to blanket nearly half the Sun's surface. Way to go phail, zopzop.
Half? Then how do you explain Quasar himself stating that Binary's portal was FAR more powerful if he was siphoning half the Sun's surface worth?

Yeah, I'll get back to you with proof that her Soulsword can affect the beings you mentioned in my quotes as soon as you find proof that iron is magic kryptonite universally and can affect the Crimson Bands. I'll wait.

@ dmills
The reason they are clinging to that one feat is because Quasar has a spotty history dealing with certain opponents. Take for example Gladiator. BOth he and Nova faced off vs him. Nova won a close fight (if i recall correctly) but Quasar was humiliated.

We can continue from there comparing/contrasting shared foes.

ODG
Half? Then how do you explain Quasar himself stating that Binary's portal was FAR more powerful if he was siphoning half the Sun's surface worth? Nearly half. On-panel. As you can clearly see from the art. You completely bungled the scans by arguing Binary basically did it on her own. I would explain Quasar's statement as acknowledging that Binary didn't just suck in more than half the anti-matter, but actually stopped it's growing proliferation per Quasar's observations. Which Quasar couldn't do, given how far advanced its proliferation was, per his thoughts.

Y'know, from your own phucking scans. Originally posted by zopzop
Yeah, I'll get back to you with proof that her Soulsword can affect the beings you mentioned in my quotes as soon as you find proof that iron is magic kryptonite universally and can affect the Crimson Bands. I'll wait. Go ahead. Show me Magik's Soulsword wrecking rune-stone curse magic, Asgardian black magic (which includes Norn magic, Light Elf magic, runes magic, etc.), Inuit pantheon magic and Odinforce-empowered artifacts like Mjolnir. Show me proof that you weren't talking COMPLETELY OUT OF YOUR ASS, BASED ON YOUR OWN STANDARDS OF EVIDENCE that you tried to force here in this thread to salvage a witless observation (i.e., Quasar definitely would have failed to free himself).

We'll wait for the proof, zopzop.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Nearly half. On-panel. You completely bungled the scans by arguing Binary basically did it on her own. I would explain Quasar's statement as acknowledging that Binary didn't just suck in more than half the anti-matter, but actually stopped it's growing proliferation. Which Quasar couldn't do, given how far advanced its proliferation was.
Sorry not buying it, otherwise he wouldn't be commenting on how vastly more powerful her portal was if she was only siphoning a little more than half. He actually thought she was an "omnipotent" based on the strength of her portal.

Doesn't work that way. You came into this thread claiming that Quasar's "iron plan" would have a chance of freeing him from the Crimson Bands because iron sometimes affects magic in comics (has Loki or Strange's spells ever been affected by iron?). I asked for proof of this ever happening to the Crimson Bands.

I'm still waiting.

ODG
Sorry not buying it, otherwise he wouldn't be commenting on how vastly more powerful her portal was if she was only siphoning a little more than half. He actually thought she was an "omnipotent" based on the strength of her portal. You're not buying what is explicitly depicted and explained on-panel? I'm not surprised, zopzop. Not surprised at all. It isn't even just words, zopzop. There's actual pictures there too for your benefit. Originally posted by zopzop
Doesn't work that way. That's exactly how it works. When I perfectly demonstrate what a witless hypocrite you are, that completely puts you on the defensive.

Your standards of proof are at issue here. You have to prove you weren't talking completely out of your a$$ in those multiple threads and justify this cuntish standard of proof that you're forcing on this conversation.

Hop to it, flopflop. We'll wait.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
You're not buying what is explicitly depicted and explained on-panel? I'm not surprised, zopzop. Not surprised at all. It isn't even just words, zopzop. There's actual pictures there too for your benefit.
Pictures are nice but I'll take Quasar's word for it. He straight up stated Binary's portal was "Far more powerfuL' than his own so much so that he thought a God was pitching in to help save the Sun. How could a "far more powerful" portal only be pulling in slightly more than half of Quasar's feeble gate? Binary even stated what Quasar was doing was "nowhere near enough".

You first. You came in here with stating Quasar's plan would have worked to free himself from the CB because "iron affects magic". I asked for proof of this ever happening to the CB (also if iron was the magic kryptonite you claim it to be, surely there's proof of it acting that way vs Strange or Loki and their spells). So instead of providing any sort of proof, you dance around the issue.

ODG
Pictures are nice but I'll take Quasar's word for it. He straight up stated Binary's portal was "Far more powerfuL' than his own so much so that he thought a God was pitching in to help save the Sun. How could a "far more powerful" portal only be pulling in slightly more than half of Quasar's feeble gate? Binary even stated what Quasar was doing was "nowhere near enough". Yes, Quasar's word that Binary not only was sucking in most of the anti-matter but that she also completely reversed the proliferation of it. Which is what he said, on-panel. That didn't stop Quasar from sucking in nearly half the remaining anti-matter that was blanketing the Sun's surface. Which is what is showed, on-panel.

That you completely ignore what is said and drawn on-panel is not shocking. You want to cherry-pick phrases and hold them in isolation so that you can miser other posters and misrepresent the scenes without their full context. This is KMC. You're a dime-a-dozen. Originally posted by zopzop
You first. You came in here with stating Quasar's plan would have worked to free himself from the CB because "iron affects magic". I asked for proof of this ever happening to the CB (also if iron was the magic kryptonite you claim it to be, surely there's proof of it acting that way vs Strange or Loki and their spells). So instead of providing any sort of proof, you dance around the issue. I came in stating that iron is well-established as disrupting magic in comic books and that your argument that it definitely wouldn't work ignores that. Then you decided that you needed to deflect from your absentmindedness over this by reversing the evidentiary burden onto me (even though you're the one who said it would never work) and limiting this evidence to direct evidence. Not the wealth of supporting evidence there is, or circumstantial evidence, but direct precedent evidence.

Then I showed you and everyone else what a witless hypocrite you are. Because you run around in threads wanking Magik's Soulsword and declaring it would own Harald Jaekellson, Loki, Snowbird and Thor. Even though you have no direct precedent evidence it has ever done so before.

Which illustrates that this imbecilic standard of evidence you've forced onto this conversation isn't even one you yourself hold onto or believe in. Which renders your transparent deflection impotent.

But by all means, you can continue wallowing in your own hypocrisy, like a pig in feces. The problem being, pigs actually enjoy it. And you obviously hate flopflopping around in your own witless hypocrisy. And I'm more than happy deconstructing your charade. Its what I do.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Yes, Quasar's word that Binary not only was sucking in most of the anti-matter but that she also completely reversed the proliferation of it. Which is what he said, on-panel. That didn't stop Quasar from sucking in nearly half the remaining anti-matter that was blanketing the Sun's surface. Which is what is showed, on-panel.

That you completely ignore what is said and drawn on-panel is not shocking. You want to cherry-pick phrases and hold them in isolation so that you can miser other posters and misrepresent the scenes without their full context. This is KMC. You're a dime-a-dozen.
A far more powerful portal that he thought an "omnipotent" was creating only managed to get slightly more than half the dark matter affecting the Sun?

Binary even stated that what Quasar was attempting was "nowhere near enough" means she was only siphoning slightly more than half?

Yup, you stated it, now back it up. My hypocrisy aside, you have yet to prove your point.

I'm like a pig in feces eh? I guess you haven't fully e-roid-raged yet, you haven't busted out your "anal bleeding" line. But I guess that's coming down the line since you keep deflecting.

ODG
A far more powerful portal that he thought an "omnipotent" was creating only managed to get slightly more than half the dark matter affecting the Sun?

Binary even stated that what Quasar was attempting was "nowhere near enough" means she was only siphoning slightly more than half? Binary also completely reversed the proliferation of the anti-matter. A problem that had so far advanced that it was feeding off the Sun and self-propagating at a rate Quasar couldn't overcome given the time constraints. I know this because that's what they said on-panel. Try reading your owns scans zopzop, if you can manage through all the tears of frustration. Originally posted by zopzop
Yup, you stated it, now back it up. My hypocrisy aside, you have yet to prove your point. My point was that iron has an effect on magic and that your dismissive position that Quasar would NEVER free himself, is wholly ignorant of this. Not only did I prove you were ignorant of that, I also proved that your attempts to deflect from this utilized two-faced hypocrisy. There's no other points to make. I am pleasantly surprised you acknowledged your double-standard though. As fleeting as the admission was, that shows growth. Originally posted by zopzop
I'm like a pig in feces eh? I guess you haven't fully e-roid-raged yet, you haven't busted out your "anal bleeding" line. But I guess that's coming down the line since you keep deflecting. No, you're a witless hypocrite wallowing in hypocrisy. Learn to read English. But the fact that you yourself brought up anal rape just shows how completely torn down your act is. Don't worry. It makes sense that everyone but you has to get in line with this burden of proof you've forced onto this conversation. You go ahead and keep being a witless hypocrite.

Or you can stop. That's all it takes, after all.

curryman
Help me catch up please, what are you two discussing?

ODG
^ Kinky sex.

celeyhyga17
Agree with Zop. We can't go strictly by the art on the event. There were 3 key instances in which the writer specifically wanted it to be known that it was Binary's shining moment in that feat. It's clear as day.

1. Epoch: "But I would think even were you to create the larges aperture you can, it would take DAYS if not WEEKS to finish the task. This does not take into consideration how long you are capable of surviving within the sun's interior.
Quasar: "I have no choice. I have to try. The earth depends on me."

2. Binary: "That singular energy vortex is Quasar's doing. But Quasar's doing, however admirable is NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH. To save a star, someone with the power of a star is need. And that someone is me."

3. Quasar: "The dark matter feels as if it were receding at a phenomenal rate! Whoever, whatever my ally is, the power he's channeling is staggering! Epoch must've found some "Omnipotent" to pitch in!

Like I said, it's still quite a feat for Quasar since he had to be in the sun to even attempt it, but we all know who's feat that really belongs to. It's Binary's.

dmills
@leo. Here bro sort through these. I'm up trying to edit my son's award ceremony so sorry I just scrounged some stuff together as quickly as possible. This'll have to do for now.

Nova vs Sphinx

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929190462-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929310664.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929332490.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929379381.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929393041.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929413398.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930005430.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930075599.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930089744.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930108159.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930150794.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930236898.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930251015.jpg

Nova vs Thor

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071524905.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071544168.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071734754.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071748047.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071761804.jpg

Nova vs Monitors (I believe Quasar faced one in his book. Nygorn. The one that took out the Watcher, Blackbolt, Binary, Photon and a few others at the same time. IIRC Quasar, Hyperion and some other people teamed up to beat it. It's been a long while though so I may be a bit fuzzy in the details)

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760892_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-04.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760895_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-05.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760896_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-06.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760897_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-07.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760906_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-12.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760914_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-13.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760921_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-14.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760928_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-15.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760933_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-16.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760941_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-17.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760954_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-23.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760958_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-24.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760967_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-29.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760968_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-30.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760969_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-31.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760971_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-32.jpg

Gotta finish this project for my kid. We'll have to continue tomorrow.

Edit: Ah shit. The links on the last set of scans are too small. I'll repost them when I get a chance.

ODG
Agree with Zop. We can't go strictly by the art on the event. There were 3 key instances in which the writer specifically wanted it to be known that it was Binary's shining moment in that feat. It's clear as day. What's even more "clear as day" is the explicit art of Quasar's vortex on the right sucking in enough anti-matter to cover nearly half the Sun's surface:

This isn't even the only panel. You actually see a panel-by-panel-by-panel progression of it actually happening in real-time: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Quasar03.jpg So there isn't any issue of ambiguous art with a possibly poor angle/perspective of a tiny panel warping our view. Originally posted by celeyhyga17
1. Epoch: "But I would think even were you to create the larges aperture you can, it would take DAYS if not WEEKS to finish the task. This does not take into consideration how long you are capable of surviving within the sun's interior.

2. Binary: "That singular energy vortex is Quasar's doing. But Quasar's doing, however admirable is NOWHERE NEAR ENOUGH. To save a star, someone with the power of a star is need. And that someone is me."

3. Quasar: "The dark matter feels as if it were receding at a phenomenal rate! Whoever, whatever my ally is, the power he's channeling is staggering! Epoch must've found some "Omnipotent" to pitch in!

Like I said, it's still quite a feat for Quasar since he had to be in the sun to even attempt it, but we all know who's feat that really belongs to. It's Binary's. So what you're trying to say is Quasar's vortex on the right isn't sucking in enough anti-matter to cover nearly half the Sun's surface.

Sorry, but that is absolutely preposterous. You can't just pretend that Quasar did nothing of merit. If War Machine's battle cpu told him that #1 he had a 2% chance of defeating two dozen surrounding exo-suits and that it'd take 30 minutes to defeat only one, then Iron Man swoops in with upgraded armor noting #2 Rhodey has no chance against even a couple of them, and starts ripping into them with Rhodey exclaiming #3 how amazing advanced the new armor is over his own, but then the panels show Rhodey separately destroying 9 of the 24 exo-suits in the space of minutes...

... you can't just pretend that War Machine didn't actually destroy 9 of those enemy exo-suits. His cpu's incorrect predictions, Tony's dismissive comments, and Rhodey's amazement with Iron Man's new armor doesn't make that feat belong solely to Iron Man.

If you're going to argue that the art is completely wrong, then just make that argument. Otherwise, the only thing that's actually "clear as day" is the panel-by-panel-by-panel progression of the scene in question.

leonidas
@leo. Here bro sort through these. I'm up trying to edit my son's award ceremony so sorry I just scrounged some stuff together as quickly as possible. This'll have to do for now.

Nova vs Sphinx

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929190462-1.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929310664.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929332490.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929379381.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929393041.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322929413398.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930005430.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930075599.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930089744.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930108159.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930150794.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930236898.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1322930251015.jpg

Nova vs Thor

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071524905.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071544168.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071734754.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071748047.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/1295071761804.jpg

Nova vs Monitors (I believe Quasar faced one in his book. Nygorn. The one that took out the Watcher, Blackbolt, Binary, Photon and a few others at the same time. IIRC Quasar, Hyperion and some other people teamed up to beat it. It's been a long while though so I may be a bit fuzzy in the details)

http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760892_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-04.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760895_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-05.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760896_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-06.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760897_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-07.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760906_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-12.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760914_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-13.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760921_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-14.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760928_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-15.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760933_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-16.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760941_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-17.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760954_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-23.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760958_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-24.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760967_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-29.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760968_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-30.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760969_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-31.jpg
http://s3d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/13760971_Marvel_2in1_Annual_03-32.jpg

Gotta finish this project for my kid. We'll have to continue tomorrow.

Edit: Ah shit. The links on the last set of scans are too small. I'll repost them when I get a chance.

lol, kids, eh? nice. thumb up

i'll go through them after my own kids' soccer practice later tonight! thanks for finding them. should give us some things to compare. i'll put up the masterson battle later on as well and maybe a couple others.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by ODG
What's even more "clear as day" is the explicit art of Quasar's vortex on the right sucking in enough anti-matter to cover nearly half the Sun's surface:

This isn't even the only panel. You actually see a panel-by-panel-by-panel progression of it actually happening in real-time: http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Random/Quasar03.jpg So there isn't any issue of ambiguous art with a possibly poor angle/perspective of a tiny panel warping our view. So what you're trying to say is Quasar's vortex on the right isn't sucking in enough anti-matter to cover nearly half the Sun's surface.

Sorry, but that is absolutely preposterous. You can't just pretend that Quasar did nothing of merit. If War Machine's battle cpu told him that #1 he had a 2% chance of defeating two dozen surrounding exo-suits and that it'd take 30 minutes to defeat only one, then Iron Man swoops in with upgraded armor noting #2 Rhodey has no chance against even a couple of them, and starts ripping into them with Rhodey exclaiming #3 how amazing advanced the new armor is over his own, but then the panels show Rhodey separately destroying 9 of the 24 exo-suits in the space of minutes...

... you can't just pretend that War Machine didn't actually destroy 9 of those enemy exo-suits. His cpu's incorrect predictions, Tony's dismissive comments, and Rhodey's amazement with Iron Man's new armor doesn't make that feat belong solely to Iron Man.

If you're going to argue that the art is completely wrong, then just make that argument. Otherwise, the only thing that's actually "clear as day" is the panel-by-panel-by-panel progression of the scene in question.
Well for me the art wasn't so much as being wrong, but more not conclusive enough for one to say that Quasar did close to or exactly half the job. I mean come on, there was no 3D representation of what was fully going on. We just see more of what was going on in the surface. The on-panel statements by the characters themselves hold the weight of the story here.

On-panel narration or statements almost always trump the art. It's inherent in art to be sometimes too ambiguous or inconclusive. It should always be supplemental to the written story. For example, when characters throw punches that are stated on-panel to pulverize a mountain yet his opponent barely even moves, we can't assume that blow is no where near mountain crushing. The writer just told us that was the case and that is what we have to believe. (barring hyperbole of course.... we're all adept enough to know when hyperbole is used)

At the end of the ordeal, Quasar even goes on to say "I'm outta here! Wait! What about that being who was helping me--heck, who did most of the work...? I detect his presence behind me--, unmoving." He then proceeds to fetch her and high-tails it outta there.

The real question is how do we compare that with Nova's feat? I actually think it's comparable since Quasar went inside the sun itself (durability feat) to attempt it, plus the dark matter affecting the sun was very much larger than the one affecting the sun in Nova's feat.

Ambient
My 2 cent..

I think the art was pretty much conclusive intent on the plot. You have to look at the scale of the impending disaster; "the antimatter dwarf and swallowing the sun." The energy Quasar absorbs as depicted in art was much, much, much more than Nova's ala similar feat.

It needed more than ridding the sun of the antimatter to put it back to norm levels which was outside Quasar scope of power given the time envolve, entrance Binary but what is quite clear is the energy absorbs by Quasar > Nova. This is pretty what is being compared in this feat.

My 2 cents big grin

Nice, enjoyed reading this. Lol

dmills
Nova vs Dark Quasar.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322270601339.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322270612385.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322270631428.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322270648819.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322270671438.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322270697534.jpg

The false Quasar's quantum powers are every bit as potent as the real deal

-Xandarian Worldmind

http://img215.imageshack.us/i/nova36spoooncps029.jpg/
http://img46.imageshack.us/i/nova36spoooncps030.jpg/
http://img822.imageshack.us/i/nova36spoooncps032.jpg/
http://img694.imageshack.us/i/nova36spoooncps033.jpg/
http://img180.imageshack.us/i/thanos009.jpg/
http://img401.imageshack.us/i/thanos010.jpg/
http://img267.imageshack.us/i/thanos011.jpg/
http://img189.imageshack.us/i/thanos012.jpg/
http://img535.imageshack.us/i/thanos013.jpg/

*Also please note that Nova has wielded the bands before, so that info would also aide the worldmind in this calculation. Being that it has an empathic link with Rider at all times it would know. It also makes these kinds of power calculations fairly often as a point of emphasis to Nova. Examples include: Lord Mar-vell, The Surfer, Annihilus etc. Nova also supposedly has a quantum bond with Quasar or some such. But that could've just been a figure of speech.

The bug feels Nova's power from over 9 light years away. Wants to see this for himself...

http://img704.imageshack.us/i/nova03page15.jpg/
http://img23.imageshack.us/i/nova03page16.jpg/
http://img839.imageshack.us/i/nova03page17.jpg/
http://img823.imageshack.us/f/nova03page18.jpg/
http://img80.imageshack.us/i/nova03page19.jpg/
http://img638.imageshack.us/i/nova03page20.jpg/

Annihilus vs Quasar and Nova

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/onanthetransmuter/Annihalation-Nova04page16.jpg
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/onanthetransmuter/Annihalation-Nova04page17.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_majic4haOe1rvm5qqo2_1280.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_majic4haOe1rvm5qqo3_1280.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img524/2230/annihalationnova04page2lw4.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Annihalation-Nova04page21.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Annihalation-Nova04page22.jpg
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff492/twinzeeto/Annihalation-Nova04page23.jpg

Quasar vs Supernova

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1325888980.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/picsay-1325889140.jpg

(There's a little more but it's Supernova basically just ignoring Quasar and the Human Torch while continuing his search for Nebula as they blast him.)

Nova vs Supernova

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167215188.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167228364.jpg

(Nova eventually surrendered. But he managed to hurt Saal there)

I'll post more stuff later.

At any rate my two cents. I believe these two friends are very evenly matched in terms of power. But at the end of the day I think Nova is just a bit tougher, has a bit more tenacity and will get the win over Wendell if they went at it.

Even Annihilus himself said Quasar's power was not quite as bright as Nova's gravimetric power, but it was still appetizing. I can post that scan as well if you'd like.

dmills
Oh and just for the lulz (because the look on Wendell's face is priceless) Here is Nova lending Quasar some power to battle on the frontlines while Rich prepares to go off into the cancerverse.

http://imageshack.us/a/img696/2392/ti12.jpg

dmills
@celey,

The scene where Annihilus is like "wtf, where did he go?!" and then Rich appears out of nowhere and nails him. That's a nod to the old Nova stories where Rich would use his speed to basically disappear from sight only to reappear and deliver a blow to his opponent lol. I just noticed that easter egg lol. DnA gave quite a few little old bucket head shout outs like that during their run. Damn I miss it.

celeyhyga17
Oh and just for the lulz (because the look on Wendell's face is priceless) Here is Nova lending Quasar some power to battle on the frontlines while Rich prepares to go off into the cancerverse.

http://imageshack.us/a/img696/2392/ti12.jpg
They had the best interaction during team-ups.

sadwalk

cdtm
dmills, your nostalgia's affecting me now.

Maybe I'll load up some Marvel vs Capcom 3 later, and try and win at least 1 out of 100 against those ocd e-sport kids with a Richie based team. laughing out loud

Nova Prime wins solidly. Quasar is a loser.

zopzop
Originally posted by ODG
Binary also completely reversed the proliferation of the anti-matter. A problem that had so far advanced that it was feeding off the Sun and self-propagating at a rate Quasar couldn't overcome given the time constraints. I know this because that's what they said on-panel. Try reading your owns scans zopzop, if you can manage through all the tears of frustration.
Mmmhmmm. That's why I posted all the scans. Quasar's feeb PORTAL, because that's all he was doing was BFRing it, would have failed and the Sun would have died if not for the 'omnipotent' pitching in to save the day. This "feat" is fail compared to Nova's.

Yeah, so no examples of iron doing ANYTHING to the Crimson Bands that plus Quasar's own admission that he was almost done for by a "two bit wizard" pretty much confirms he was phucked.

Agree with Zop. We can't go strictly by the art on the event. There were 3 key instances in which the writer specifically wanted it to be known that it was Binary's shining moment in that feat. It's clear as day.

Like I said, it's still quite a feat for Quasar since he had to be in the sun to even attempt it, but we all know who's feat that really belongs to. It's Binary's.
Thank you. The "days, perhaps weeks" line pretty much told the whole story. But whatever. The real fun starts when we start comparing common foes, that's when it all goes downhill for Team Quasar. And if they BS and exaggerate the fights, I can provide the scans I have almost ALL of his appearances up till 2000 (I was a big fan because the entire last half of his series focused on the Starbrand).

Some fun ones to look forward to :
Masterson Thor vs Quasar compared to Thor vs Nova
Annihilus vs Quasar compared to Annihilus vs Nova
Gladiator vs Quasar compared to Gladiator vs Nova

dmills
They had the best interaction during team-ups.

sadwalk

Yep.

The trip about that scan was that when Nova deputized Quasar, he actually altered the appearance of the Q-bands themselves. I don't know if that should even be possible.

leonidas
okay, so i'll upload a few more things over the next couple days then we can take a closer look. here's quasar's battle with masterson thor:

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor1_zps7dc04fe9.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor2_zps4818d259.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor3_zpsaa3bb875.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor4_zps0d16e152.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor5_zpsf2233836.jpg.html

i know it wasn't the real thor, but it was a much better battle all around and i think i'd give the edge to quasar in their respective showings. but you're right, they are very close in terms of power. i'll add more stuff so people can get a better idea of what quasar can do.

nova's best stuff is by far the annihilation stuff, imo. my ONLY problem with using that is that it is really nova's shining moment--he was the one getting the push in that arc, so it doesn't surprise me that in that arc he came out looking the better. his feats there were great. what i wanted to see was how he TYPICALLY performed. we can talk more if you're interested when all the feats have been presented. this is good--i've already learned a couple things about nova, and frankly, that's what i was after.

leonidas
this is inadvertently turning into a quasar respect thread, lol

anywho, this is a team up battle (like nova/thing) against a planet ravager--terminus. cosmic spidey doesn't do much except help bfr him though, and the opening shot quasar takes shows all i need to show regrading his durability....

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/1_zps94a83f1a.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/2_zps02e2e900.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/3_zpsfda02932.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/4_zpsdc8870d0.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/5_zps62483f42.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/5_zps62483f42.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/7_zpsb30706a7.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/8_zpsdb80a057.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/9_zpscee7d24a.jpg.html

and here is the much discussed watcher battle. i think it surpasses the sphinx battle mostly because this was more 1on1 and quasar does some serious damage on his own. note too that quasar mentions the watcher's power level and he'd already met the stranger and terminus by that time.

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/1_zpsc229ec72.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/2_zps3e9916e1.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/3_zpsfe79d798.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/4_zps4016736a.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/5_zps49a182f3.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/6_zpsca6e1f0b.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/7_zpsa8c7c706.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/8_zps78bf9ca3.jpg.html

more later.

nice scans leo, but 2 Annihilation Wars and a Cancervese invasion have made it clear Nova>Quasar.

Moreover, Quasar will never live down his pathetic characterization in Annihilators: " I'm not good enough...Why am I even around these real cosmic war heroes? All I'm good at is dying!"

leonidas
Originally posted by 753
nice scans leo, but 2 Annihilation Wars and a Cancervese invasion have made it clear Nova>Quasar.

Moreover, Quasar will never live down his pathetic characterization in Annihilators: " I'm not good enough...Why am I even around these real cosmic war heroes? All I'm good at is dying!"

yeah, like i said WAYYY early on in this thread--his later characterization was crap, which is why i'm showing his pre weenie/self-doubting/crybaby incarnation. near the end he reminded me at times of classic wonderman simon williams who had a fear of dying and always brought it up as holding him back. it's like the writers of annihilation forgot that for years quasar WAS the cosmic heavyweight. him and ss were THE cosmics. nova was highlighted later on, and quasar sort of fell by the wayside until they finally killed him without even giving him much a connor-esque great showing before death! idiots at marvel..... anyway, the crappy characterization doesn't undo all his previous work though. and i'm trying to compare them at both their bests and most typical showings. i agree, if we look ONLY at annihilation sure, nova comes out as better, but if we look at the WHOLE picture, i think it's a different story..... least in my opinion.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by 753

Moreover, Quasar will never live down his pathetic characterization in Annihilators: " I'm not good enough...Why am I even around these real cosmic war heroes? All I'm good at is dying!" He got like one shotted by Annihilus and then healed while Quasar engaged him, and then had to overwhelm Annihilus temp with the Worldmind... and then he passed out.
The second time he attacked a weak spot after Annihilus was weakened by a point blank Sexlactus attack.

And the Cancerverse War had Quasar shielding everyone from an attack that would have killded them to deathers.

If I remembered anything that happened in Annihilators, I'd probably bring up something. But in the meantime of me not looking, just know that Leo is going to ruff your romp up... to death.

EDIT: Imperative also had Evilvis stalemated Nova a couple times, and Quasar taking on Magus who Worldmind said was a kajillion times more powerful than Nova.

cdtm
i agree, if we look ONLY at annihilation sure, nova comes out as better, but if we look at the WHOLE picture, i think it's a different story..... least in my opinion.

Annihilation Nova is a different beast then pre Annihilation, though. Vastly different power levels, obviously, but his characterization is different as well. Much more confident, like a leader in line with Captain America then the Spidey like follower he used to be..

dmills
LOL. All roads lead back to Annihilation. Just for the hell of it I went back and was reading through some of the comments from the Annihilation comic thread. Motherphuckers were genuinely excited (bran was front and center blowing his boner) and waiting with bated breath to see what would happen next. Good times.

Lightning in a bottle Annihilation was.

Branlor Swift
Annihilation was hawt stuff. It's why people who are right and like good things, prefer Marvel.

Can I get a quan five?

dmills
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Annihilation was hawt stuff. It's why people who are right and like good things, prefer Marvel.

Can I get a quan five?

Were would you rank it all time as far as events go?

Branlor Swift
Were would you rank it all time as far as events go? It's in my top 5 easily.
IG is not if that helps you.

dmills
It's in my top 5 easily.
IG is not if that helps you.

Have you been keeping up with that Thanos Rising shit? A friend of mine reviewed it says it's basically phucking up the whole Thanos mythos with some sort of cosmic Hannibal Lecter style take.

Branlor Swift
Have you been keeping up with that Thanos Rising shit? A friend of mine reviewed it says it's basically phucking up the whole Thanos mythos with some sort of cosmic Hannibal Lecter style take. Yes.

It doesn't really bother me. We've never had a look into his childhood really, and we've seen proof or whatnot of him engineering things. Gamora, Geatar, himself etc. So him ripping shit to shit fits in. Especially since that little whore who's manipulating him is presumably Death.

leonidas
He got like one shotted by Annihilus and then healed while Quasar engaged him, and then had to overwhelm Annihilus temp with the Worldmind... and then he passed out.
The second time he attacked a weak spot after Annihilus was weakened by a point blank Sexlactus attack.

And the Cancerverse War had Quasar shielding everyone from an attack that would have killded them to deathers.

If I remembered anything that happened in Annihilators, I'd probably bring up something. But in the meantime of me not looking, just know that Leo is going to ruff your romp up... to death.

EDIT: Imperative also had Evilvis stalemated Nova a couple times, and Quasar taking on Magus who Worldmind said was a kajillion times more powerful than Nova.

lol thanks for the vote of confidence. i haven't really gotten into my opinion regarding nova's stuff yet. still just focusing on getting some quasar stuff up THEN the death romp can begin..... mwuhahahah....

seriously, i'm just gonna post a lot of stuff then copy it over to the respect thread since it appears it could use some updating. and some peoples need to see just what good ole wendell was capable of.

zopzop
okay, so i'll upload a few more things over the next couple days then we can take a closer look. here's quasar's battle with masterson thor:

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor1_zps7dc04fe9.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor2_zps4818d259.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor3_zpsaa3bb875.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor4_zps0d16e152.jpg.html

http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/saemund/media/thor5_zpsf2233836.jpg.html

i know it wasn't the real thor, but it was a much better battle all around and i think i'd give the edge to quasar in their respective showings. but you're right, they are very close in terms of power. i'll add more stuff so people can get a better idea of what quasar can do.

nova's best stuff is by far the annihilation stuff, imo. my ONLY problem with using that is that it is really nova's shining moment--he was the one getting the push in that arc, so it doesn't surprise me that in that arc he came out looking the better. his feats there were great. what i wanted to see was how he TYPICALLY performed. we can talk more if you're interested when all the feats have been presented. this is good--i've already learned a couple things about nova, and frankly, that's what i was after.
Not only wasn't it the real Thor, this is what Loki said about Masterson Thor's power level :
http://s17.postimg.org/ynbo7g3nf/10th.jpg
Make of that what you will, later in the story he makes Masterson Thor his b|tch in a way he NEVER did vs the real Thor (sans power amp).

Branlor Swift
Honestly, I feel as though Q-train and Nova Prime are equals

Sure Quasar has low feats, but he has crazy highs too. His low feats are to be expected when he's a human. However, he's shown time and time again to have top shields and some happening fun armor to go with it. He's also pretty damn fast too to go with that defense of his weakness.

I'd say it's a tie. Either can win, either can lose. Quasar has better feats, Prime has more consistent feats. And they're generally portrayed as equals all the time.

zopzop

I get what you are saying, but ignoring highs/lows (since each side will play up the ones that make their guy look good/opponent look bad), it's the averages I care about, especially against common foes.

Branlor Swift
I get what you are saying, but ignoring highs/lows (since each side will play up the ones that make their guy look good/opponent look bad), it's the averages I care about, especially against common foes. I'm using Quasar's highs and lows to bring him in line with Nova's consistency.

And they do about as good against common foes. Except for the whole draining thing, and that's mostly due to Annihilus not knowing what the shit was going on with Worldmind.

leonidas
Not only wasn't it the real Thor, this is what Loki said about Masterson Thor's power level :
http://s17.postimg.org/ynbo7g3nf/10th.jpg
Make of that what you will, later in the story he makes Masterson Thor his b|tch in a way he NEVER did vs the real Thor (sans power amp).

and....now you lowball masterson (which if you look back you'll see i predicted). who cares what loki said in a different book with a different writer with a loki who pwn'd 4 versions of thor like they were nothing. masterson also had some good feats, but you never bother to bring those up. so, your lowball point: irrelevant. again. not sure why i bothered to click on the post to begin with. shant make that mistake again. smile

leonidas

Sure Quasar has low feats, but he has crazy highs too. His low feats are to be expected when he's a human. However, he's shown time and time again to have top shields and some happening fun armor to go with it. He's also pretty damn fast too to go with that defense of his weakness.

I'd say it's a tie. Either can win, either can lose. Quasar has better feats, Prime has more consistent feats. And they're generally portrayed as equals all the time.

not sure i agree with the consistency of feats. quasar was damn consistent. his constructs varied depending on his concentration though, and constantly throughout the first 20 issues he's always reprimanding himself for underestimating his foes or for not making his constructs better/stronger. but as the series went on he grew both in power and confidence as well as effectiveness. when he was actually focused, or pi$$ed, his power level was very consistent. he doesn't have many low feats that he himself doesn't blame himself for causing. anyway, more feats coming up later.

zopzop
and....now you lowball masterson (which if you look back you'll see i predicted). who cares what loki said in a different book with a different writer with a loki who pwn'd 4 versions of thor like they were nothing. masterson also had some good feats, but you never bother to bring those up. so, your lowball point: irrelevant. again. not sure why i bothered to click on the post to begin with. shant make that mistake again. smile
That's why I said "make of it what you will" but Loki did indeed make Masterson Thor his b|tch in a way he NEVER did vs the Real Thor.

EDIT -
It was the SAME WRITER!
http://marvel.wikia.com/Thor_Vol_1_437 (Masterson Thor vs Quasar)
http://marvel.wikia.com/Thor_Vol_1_441 (Masterson Thor vs Loki)

Oh and don't bother posting the Quasar/Warlock fight as proof that Quasar was controlling or manipulating the energies of the Soul Gem, because I saw you hint at that in another thread, and it's false as both you and I know.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>